Siempre Mío

Par m8star

Book 2 Siempre. Always. That's how I thought it would be. That's how I thought we would be. But we weren't... Plus

author's note
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
epilogue
b o n u s c h a p t e r
Tied to You

f o r t y

761 21 6
Par m8star

I used to think that living life on the edge was the best. It gave me something to live for, something to die for. It felt like being on an adrenaline high all the time.

Was it a mistake? Probably. Did I enjoy it? Every second, and I'd never trade it for anything else.

The only thing is is that you have to understand the difference between life and living.

Living means to enjoy your life. Take risks. The only thing I'd say, is don't take too many.

I was immature, irresponsible. I was young, thought it was okay.

Now look.
___________________________
Lorenzo POV

I sat there, the low chatter of the room louder in my ears as I rubbed my face and ran my hands through my hair.

A woman came into the room and began to say someone's name but reading her lips, it wasn't me.

Everything had gotten loud. The footsteps of various people, the talking, the machines. Every single sound was ten times louder in my ears and I couldn't think straight.

My heartbeat was thudding in my ears and the faint sounds of a EKG machine could be heard from further away.

My breaths were short and quick but I was interrupted by someone calling my name.

"Lorenzo? Lorenzo?"

I looked up to see her father.

"Is she okay?" I said standing frantically.

"We don't know yet. The doctors aren't telling me anything."

"What about Javier and Anastasia?"

"Our people captured them and have them locked away. They're ready for you to deal with."

I nodded, my attention drawn towards the door as someone else entered.

"Family of Cortez?" She called out.

"Yeah, yeah- that's us." I said quickly.

"Please follow me."

She spoke to us very rapidly in Italian as we walked through busy corridors, barking instructions at a few people that we passed.

She took us to a room but the window at the door was translucent, so I couldn't see much.

"The doctors have informed me that you have been permitted to wait here. Any and all updates will come straight to you first. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask." She explained.

"Can we get an update now?" I asked, a little frustrated.

"Well, the surgeons have been able to remove the bullets and at the moment they are trying to ensure no internal bleeding begins. This is a very complicated process and I can't be sure how long it will take, signore."

"Wait, bullets plural?" the Don asked.

"Si, your daughter was shot three times, two of the bullets were the same but one was different."

"Have the bullets been discarded?"

"No we usually don't do that and if we did, we would put in a hazardous waste box."

"Bring them to me."

"Signore, legally I can't-"

"You can and you will. You know who I am and I'm not one to play fucking games so when I demand something I mean it. Hand the bullets over."

"Yes sir." She answered, terrified by the Don's demanding words.

She hurried off quickly and Romeo out a sigh, rubbing his forehead.

"Don, she's a fighter. She'll be okay." I said, trying to reassure him.

"That's what happened last time, Enzo. We can't be sure."

"Signore, we can't lose hope." I said, sitting on a seat outside the double doors.

I gestured to the seat next to me and Don sat down. We leaned back in our seats and stayed there, waiting as the clock in the hallway ticked the seconds by, the pain getting more agonising as time went by.
___________________________

Calls were made, people were reassured. We were still at the hospital waiting for any results, and we had checked with Ivan to make sure Nonna and Rosalina were safe.

I had many calls from Rafael, the leader of the Mexican gang Las Serpientes, with updates on shipments and other things as well as Oscar calling to let me know the house was back in order and everyone was on standby till we got back.

"Lorenzo..."

I looked up from my phone to see my father, Diego. He gestured for me to follow him, so I told Oscar to give me a call if anything went wrong then got up from my seat.

"How is she?" He asked as we walked.

"We don't know yet. They can't give us any updates until she's out of surgery."

"I hope she recovers."

"Why are you here?" I stopped. "You haven't come to see your own son in almost two years. If this is business Papa I swear-"

"Enzo, it's not that. I know it's her death anniversary today, and it's always been hard for the both of us. But look, I'm here now; that has to count for something." Diego sighed.

"You should've been here earlier. We could've used ur help but no. This is all business to you. And don't give me that. You never cared when Mama's death anniversary passed." I scoffed.

"We aren't good at sharing our emotions Lorenzo. You might not believe me but I did care about my wife."

"If you did, you wouldn't have gone out with a floozy and left my mother without safety."

"She didn't want to be involved in this life and she never wanted you to be either."

"Yet you still involved me, the second she passed."

"Because I knew that I would never get another heir, I had no choice!" He shouted.

The room went quiet and he muttered a quick sorry before continuing.

"I loved your mother, and I'm sorry I wasn't more protective of her. Just... learn from my mistakes, figlio."

I looked up at him and nodded.

"Lorenzo!"

I turned to see the Don standing at the door, calling for me to come. "Doctor's here with his report."

I nodded at him and turned back to my father. "Excuse me."

I walked quickly to the room and opened the door, the Don standing there waiting for me.

"Is she okay Doctor?"

"Ha sofferto male ma lei vivrà. L'anestesia non è svanita, quindi sta riposando. Starà bene."
[translate: she suffered badly but she will live. The anaesthesia hasn't worn off so she is resting. She will be okay.]

"Ay gracias a Dios." I breathed, a feeling of relief overcoming me. "I'll let them know, Don. You go see her first."

"Grazie Lorenzo."
[thank you lorenzo]

Quickly he followed the doctor into the room, and I went the opposite way to call Rosalina and everyone else to let them know that she would be okay.
___________________________

In small groups, people came to visit her. Although she lay sleeping, it raised hope within everyone to see that she would be okay.

First was Rosalina and Nonna, then Antonio and Oscar came but they just came with small snacks and water too.

The Don came out of the room with his wife and told me that i could go see her now.

Opening the door slowly, I went into the room and took a seat in the chair next to her bed.

She looked lifeless, laying there with no emotion in her face. I took her hand and held it, feeling how cold it was as I sat there.

She looked tired, but at the same time she looked at peace.

"God I hope you're okay." I whispered, kissing her hand as I brought the chair closer to her bed.

"I just got you back, I'm not losing you."
I leaned back in my seat after kissing her forehead, closing my eyes as I did so.

I closed my eyes and let my breathing slow down, feeling myself slowly doze off until I heard a noise.

I opened my eyes and looked around the room, seeing nothing. I then looked to Lucía and she was awake, trying to move.

I got up quickly and got some water for her, then helped her sit up slightly before handing her the water.

She took little sips and I sat on the edge of the bed by her side as she slowly woke herself up.

"Amor, are you okay? Do you need anything?" I asked quietly.

She shook her head and continued to drink the water until the cup was drained.

She sighed and leaned back, closing her eyes again. I took her hands in mine and  rubbed my thumbs over the back of her hands.

"Did we win?" She asked, her voice raspy.

"We did, hermosa, we did."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

Saved Par Madelon

Roman d'amour

136K 2.4K 50
Everyone has his or her own backstory, one darker than the other. Our history makes us who we are today. What we do, what we think, it's all connect...
56.9K 873 25
"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮." 𝐈 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐩. "𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞." 𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝. 𝐇𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤...
1.5M 38.9K 74
Raised in the Mafia, I have known no other life other than cold calculated violence and discipline. A life where brutality is praised and weakness is...
83.3K 1.1K 61
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...