Lavender | Wakatoshi Ushijima

By SpringAppleBlossoms

Hana Takahashi is the one fatefully assigned to help him. She is just as Wakatoshi Ushijima vividly remember... More

Author's Note!
Prologue
02 | Classes and Kiyomi
03 | Unsubmitted Work
04 | Notes and Thoughts
05 | Lessons
06 | Who?
07 | Groceries
08 | Cherry Blossom Petals
09 | Troubling Talks
10 | Out
11 | Out Pt. 2
12 | Rooftop
13 | Reoccurring Thoughts
14 | Visit
15 | Visit Pt. 2
16 | Appointment
17 | Text
18 | Plans and Preparation
19 | Looks and Lies
20 | BBQ
21 | Spring Sunburns
22 | Waiting
23 | Flowers and Gratitude
24 | Symptoms
25 | Poetry
26 | Honor
27 | Unfold
28 | Too Late
29 | Grieve
30 | Radiant Regret
31 | Overtime
32 | Admit
33 | Moonlight Depiction
34 | Hollow
35 | I Hope
36 | Dial
37 | Forgive
38 | Supposed To
39 | Losing Touch
40 | Heal
41 | Signs?
42 | Invisible
43 | Reach
44 | An Unfocused Cycle
45 | Beautiful
46 | Silent Sun
47 | I Know Your Heart
48 | Fault
49 | Young Again
50 | Sugar-sweet

01 | Work

362 5 0
By SpringAppleBlossoms

"Mrs. Takahashi, I'm afraid that she isn't making much progress. I'm going to prescribe her but she needs constant monitoring. You're sure that she takes the pills?"

The conversation on the other side of the door goes on for what seems like hours. Monitoring. It's the one word that's stuck in my head. The letters begin appearing in my head as I think of the one thing I can't get. Monitoring. I'm at the hospital for a check up with Dr. Suzuki.

Apparently, I'm in critical condition and I have to start my new, stronger medication.

Well, that long conversation finally ends. Mother, along with Dr. Suzuki, step in the room. This appointment ends with my doctor frantically talking about how I need to be very careful and I need to take my medication and with me tugging the hem of my shirt distracting my eyes from the tears that threaten to appear. These doctor appointments really get to me and I don't want Mother to see that.

Luckily, I'm able to give them a little smile.

Mother and I walk out of the hospital in dead silence, that is until it's broken. By yet another one of her reminders.

"Posture, Hana."

I straighten my back and hold my head up as all my anger shift to my hands. All I can do is clench the medication bag tighter and tighter.

We walk to the car and I sit in the back seat, I give Mother a little beam to show I'm fine.

"Mother, am I making any progress?"

"I'm afraid not."

"Well, I hope this medication works. Am I going to school now?"

"Definitely. I need to head to work, the office needs me to finish my paperwork before I go on a business trip. I've informed your school about you missing your first class."

A business trip? Now? Why now? I've been planning all month for us to go visit the beach for the first time and she knows what I've been planning. Should I say anything? No, that's rude. Disagreeing with Mother is disrespect and that is a red line I absolutely cannot cross.

That long train of thoughts is immediately stopped with the stop of the car. I arrive at school, I wonder if Kiyomi is waiting. Kiyomi's been my best friend for as long as I remember, she's practically my sister, my only companion.

I step out the car, making sure Mother hears me say, "Have a good day Mother, I love you."

No response, as usual.

And with that, I walk through the gates into the campus of Shiratorizawa Academy.

----------------------------------------------------------
Author: Hello everyone! I really hope you like the first chapter! Please tell me what you think in the comments, I'd appreciate it. Also, how do you think Hana and Ushijima will meet? I have lots of ideas ahead.

Have a great day! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261 6 17
"...๐™‚๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ข๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ก๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ..." ยฐห–โœง~ ยฐห– + A bond created by the shore as infants to their adolescen...
531K 18.1K 41
Your heartbreak from breaking up with your ex, Oikawa Tooru, caused you to hate the thought of Volleyball. However after laying some truths on you, t...
123K 3.3K 32
You were a volleyball prodigy, the perfect daughter, the one who always shined brighter than others... Then, why did this happen? - Fluff, smut, a...
1.8K 79 8
๐•Š๐•™๐•ž๐• ๐• ๐•˜๐•๐•– โ•ญโ”€โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”€โ•ฎ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ช ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด? โŒ• โ•ฐโ”€โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”€โ•ฏ แดฌแต‡แต’แต˜แต— โตโดโทโฐโฐโฐโฐ สณแต‰หขแต˜หกแต—หข โฝโฐ'โตโถ หขแต‰แถœแต’โฟแตˆหขโพ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต๐˜ต...