Shy Girl, Sad Girl, Bad Girl

By thatkxdfromyesterday

"I, Mason Bradley Roth, reject you." I smile, laughing like an insane maniac instead of crying, taking a step... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine [Told From Third Person]
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven

Epilogue

16.7K 501 62
By thatkxdfromyesterday

We are rulers. For many years, we have watched the children of the night, protecting, guiding them.

We are Patronis noctis. Protectors of the Night.

Our children are alpha males or females, ruling one pack and watching the continent they were given.

Carter Dimitri, is our oldest, ruling the Blood Moon pack, also protecting Africa. Born the day before me, he's my favorite child. He's 200 years old.

Ajax Bradley is the oldest middle child, ruling Nightshade, as Mason had done before, as his ancestors had countless generations before, ruling North America. Masons favorite child. Ajax is 196.

Kayla Anne, true to me, watches and studies people, protecting Antarctica, where she can be free to roam and romp happily without humans. Kayla is 190.

Jake Declan, our trouble maker, with Chase Asher, his identical twin brother, our shy guy, protects the packs of the Central and South America. Chase is more Central and Caribbean, but I doubt there is wolf packs in the islands. Ninety eight percent of the islands are uninhibited by humans. Jake protects the South, but the twins work together on a lot of things. They turn 187 in a few months.

Alex Maria, my youngest daughter rules Death Shade pack, along with all of Asia. Alex is 180.

Danny, the one we adopted so many years ago, is our most loyal, our second in command, watches Europe. True to his word, he has never once mistreated his mate or gone back on his word. 205 years old.

Each guard the seven continents.

We have never been forgotten; nor will we be. Watching and ruling, tried and true, just and fair.

We are Patronis noctis.

Protectors of the night.

We do not sit on chairs made of feathers, no, instead we go to every continent. In January, we visit Africa. February is North America's. March is Central and South America. April is Antarctica. May is Africa. June is Asia. July, the last month is Europe.

We come to the content, as a 'rouge' in each territory, to see if a pack is worth our time.

If the pack is gracious and welcoming, then they become prosperous and happy.

If the opposite happens, the severity can range from the Alpha or the Luna dying, to the pack crumbling to dust.

We make decisions regarding the werewolf community and enforce them.

We extend our protection to humans that know about our existence.

They are solis filiis, the sun children. As we are children of the moon, the humans that know about us are children of the sun.

We do not discriminate. If you need help, we will answer.

Even if you are human.

We are Patronis Noctis.

"Mom." Carter says, shaking me awake. For the past 200 years he's been alive, he always knows were I'm at.

Must've fallen asleep in the library again.

"What?"

"You fell asleep."

"Thanks captain obvious."

I slam the book I was reading, The History Of Werewolves shut, placing it back on the shelf.

"Dad is looking for you."

"Tell him I'll be there in a minute."

He nods walking out, and I follow.

"Jessica! Baby! Darling." He gives me a long embrace, kissing the crown of my head.

"Yes, Mace?"

He growls, smiling. "I hate that name."

"What did you want to talk to me about, Mace?"

"Well, today is our anniversary so.."

"Want to go out?" I offer.

He was going to say it.

"Kids!" Mason announces.

The kids, who stay with us every week, once a month (we plan it like this, so we can have anniversary celebrations and things), appear.

"Yes mom?" Jake innocently asks, hands behind his back.

Yeah no, he did something.

"Okay. Fess up, and you won't get in trouble. I'll get Chase to tell me, and then you will be punished."

"You'll find out soon enough mom. Right Chase?"

"Yeah!"

"Anyways, what were you saying?"

"We are going out for the night, if ANYTHING happens, you call us immediately. Got it?"

"Yes mom."

"Let's go." Mason says.

We walk out the doors, "Italy?" I ask.

"La Bella e La Bestia."

"Sounds good. Lasagna is good there."

"Italian food is good." He says, giving me the 'are you even saying this?' Look.

"You bet."

Mason pulls the door open, holding it out for me. "My lady, go in first."

"You know, you don't have to act like a gentleman. You aren't one when it's not our anniversary."

"I feel obligated to every day this happens."

"Reservations for Mrs. Roth and Mr. Roth?" The waiter asks.

This place caters to immortals. Only immortals can see it.

"Yes!"

"Good, you will be seated across from miss and Mr. Ross."

Natalie and Liam. Or Evelyn and Asher. Their love story, it was beautiful. They lost each other like three times.

"Hey!" Natalie calls out, waving to us.

"Hey! How you been?"

"Great grandkids." She rolls her eyes. She's 200 years older than me.

"They aren't that bad." Liam says. Liam is 2002 years older.

"They don't listen. Braiden really needs to control his kids. Katelyns kids are the best."

Braiden is their grandson, Asher and Elaine's oldest child. Then they have fraternal twins, Katelyn and Calvin.

"Oh really?" Mason asks.

"Yeah. How have you guys been?"

"Busy as ever." I give a chuckle.

"Your kids found anyone yet?" Liam asks, taking a sip of water.

"Out oldest, Daniel, but Carter should be meeting his mate soon."

"That's good. He isn't your biological son, right?"

"No, but it's complicated."

"My name is Nadine, and I will be your waitress today. What's your beverage?" A short woman five three, probably, close cropped hair, with a tattoo lacing up her neck.

"Water." I announce, as Mason announces "Champaign."

"That be all for now?" She asks, in clipped English.

"Yes, thank you."

After dinner, we walk out, hand in hand, just looking at the hills. "You promise me something?" Mason asks.

"What?"

"Never, ever, ever tell anyone this."

Now he's got my interest.

"What?"

He leans close into my ear, his breath tickling my neck. "I love you."

"I must say something too."

"Tell me."

I lean close into his ear. "I love you more, today, tomorrow, and for time and all eternity."

He looks at me, dead in the eye. "For time and all eternity?"

"Yes."

"For time and all eternity. That's a promise." He says.

"And I keep my promises."

"Yes you do."

We aren't perfect, no, but we do our best.

And I will keep this promise.

****

AND THAT'S A WRAP.

Okay, but go check the shorts out. It's called 'Shorts'. Literally just shorts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 154 26
ON HOLD, Hailey is a pretty average girl if she says so herself and she is and outcast she has a loving family but no one in the pack likes her unti...
1M 20.5K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
222K 4.7K 18
My parents call me a disappointment... my brother calls me a slut... The pack members make fun of my figure... I feel like I don't belong... until th...
1M 22.8K 58
A/N: The name used to be Broken...Yet still holding on. Figured its time for a change. "Silo, tell me...did you claim her?" he looked guilty but did...