Sun/Moon x reader

By Juankandus

The reader is going to be kept as gender neutral as possible Still working on this cuz I made this on a whim... More

Info Sheet
Chapter 1: New Job
Chapter 2: New Employee
Chapter 3: Welcome to the Daycare, y/n
Chapter 4: Getting To Know The Place
Valentines Day Special
Chapter 5: Y/n?
Chapter 6: Learning The ropes
Chapter 7: THEIF!
Chapter 8: Drama
Chapter 9: What a Surprise
Chapter 10: Stuck Between Two
Chapter 11: Who Will It Be?
Chapter 12 (1/3): With Sun
Chapter 12 (2/3): With Moon
Chapter 12 (3/3): An Eclipse
Chapter 13: I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me
Chapter 14 (Part 2): Loud Whispers
Chapter 15: A Performance
Chapter 16: No breaks
Art And Quick Update
Chapter 17: The Aftermath
Chapter 18: Strange Dreams
Chapter 19: New People New Foes
Chapter 20: A Normal Day, Right?
Chapter 21: Hallucinations
Chapter 22: Slumber Party (Part 1)
Chapter 22: Slumber Part (Part 2)
Chapter 23: Slumber Party (Part 3)
Announcement
Chapter 24: Missing Child(ren)
Chapter 25: Painful Information
Chapter 26: Healing
Q&A With Characters
Chapter 27: Chaos, Utter Chaos
Chapter 28: As The Storm Clears
Q&A With Characters: Part 2
Chapter 29: Collecting Your Bearings
Chapter 30: What A Day
Chapter 31: Confusion
Chapter 32: The Lockdown Continues
Chapter 33: Back To Schedule
Chapter 34: Paintings and More
Chapter 35: Daycare Shenanigans
Chapter 36: Another World
Chapter 37: News
Chapter 38: Twists and Knots
Chapter 39: Complicated Friend-Enemies
Chapter 40: Getting Ready
Chapter 41: What A Day
Season 2 Trailer
Head Canons And Concepts
I'm Not dead (Yet)
S2 Chapter 1: Surprise After Surprise
S2 Chapter 2: "Y/n, long time no see"
S2 Chapter 3:New Faces And Old Faces
S2 Chapter 4: Surprise Guest
S2 Chapter 5: Promises
S2 Chapter 6: Fun Games With A Distant Family
S2 Chapter Chapter 7: Dumb Ideas
Late Schedule
🎃Halloween Special!🎃
S2 Chapter 8: Confusion
S2 Chapter 9: Ideas Or Schemes?
🎁🎄!Christmas Special!🎄🎁
Rotating Masks
AU Chapter: Super Ordinary
What's This? Not A Chapter?! Ew
S2 Chapter 10: New Changes
S2 Chapter 11: "Saved? More Like Under New Management"
S2 Chapter 12 (Part 1): Staying With Sun
S2 Chapter 12 (Part 2): Moon's Melody
AU Chapter: Centuries Of Light (2)
Au Chapter: Centuries Of Light
Chapter Au: Centuries Of Light (3)

Chapter 14 (Part 1): Loud Whispers

4K 89 501
By Juankandus

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓
A/n: I'd just like to note rq that chapter 12 (parts 1,2,3) are NOT canon. I made them after a conversation with a friend like 
"Hey should I make smut chapters...?"
"Yes."
But they may be implied. Have fun dear reader.
Oh and there is some swearing btw
-Juan

(POV y/n)

Last Chapter:

I unpacked a box with all my clothes in it and rummaged through it. After picking an outfit I liked and putting it on I went to the bathroom to fix my hair. I heard a knock on the door after a while.

'That was quick' I thought.

I opened the door and stood there, shocked.

--------------------------------------------------------

This is my first time seeing Sun and Moon without the makeup and uniform on. Surprisingly, or unsurprisingly, the wore outfits that matched their personalities. Sun wore a rainbow knitted sweater over brown baggy pants and...

'Are those... Light up sketchers..?!' 

Sun's face without the makeup was different, he had some freckles scattered across his face. He smiled widely at me, the wrinkles near his eyes and mouth more noticeable without paint in the way. Without it, Sun's blonde, fluffy hair stood out more without the neon makeup contrasting his hair. The only thing that didn't change was his blue eyes, still ever so bright.

"Y/n! You look stunning!" Sun exclaimed.

"Shining as bright as the stars, Starshine" Moon added.

I looked at Moon. He wore a loose black shirt that had a white spiral in the middle, black ripped jeans, and a black belt with a chain hanging on. His black hair was slicked back, a few loose strands dangled in front of his face. Compared to Sun, Moon was way paler. Something caught my attention, Moon's eyes were a honey-brown color and not red.

'Of course his natural eye color isn't red! I feel so dumb' I yelled to myself internally.

Moon noticed my inner turmoil.

"I wear contacts, Y/n" Moon stated, disappointment laced his voice.
"Oh" is all I mustered out.

I noticed one more thing about the pair, they seemed shorter.

'Oh right, Sun and Moon mentioned wearing stilts earlier'

"You still wearing those bells?" Moon asked.

"Ehhh.... Yes? I can't take them off. You guys put them on pretty tight" I replied.

"Here let me just-" Moon reached for my hand, his fingers lightly touching my skin gave me butterflies. I almost reached out to grab his hands but stopped myself. Moon handed the bells to me.

"Thanks Moon" I said as I put the bells in my pocket, hiding my face as I looked down to reach my pockets.

"So, we heading off now?" Sun asked.

"Yeah, lets go" I responded.

I closed my dorm room, making sure to lock it behind me, and we made our way to El Nachos. The whole way Sun kept walking in front of us, walking backwards and talking about how excited he was for tomorrow. I couldn't help but chuckle at how enthusiastic he was. Moon kept warning Sun that he would trip and fall but Sun put his hands on his hips and stuck his tongue out at Moon. Not even a few seconds later Sun turned around to walk forwards and slammed straight into a wall, face first.

(A/N: I've done that before, I've also fallen up the stairs. Yknow maybe there's a reason as to why I am the way I am. Prolly from those damn stairs)

Sun held his head and hissed through his teeth and we all stopped walking.

"Told you" Moon said defiantly, a smug look on his face.

Sun covered his face with his hands and softly repeated "ow" over and over.

"Oh come here Sunny" I said as I walked to Sun.

I grabbed his hands and moved them away from his face. A red spot was on his forehead and I moved his hair away from the bump. I lightly brushed over the area with my fingers delicately. Tears threatened to spill from Sun's eyes. I wiped them away and gave Sun a small smile.

"Just a small bump, I'm sure some ice will fix that" I stated.

Sun looked at me with an expression I couldn't read. His eyebrows were raised and there was a small gleam in his eyes. I heard and audible gulp from him and I took my hand that was holding his hair up away, Sun's hair bouncy slightly. He rubbed his forehead gently.

"We'll get some ice at El Nachos, come on dumbass" Moon said as he passed us.

The rest of the walk there Sun was strangely silent, he looked like he was thinking hard about something. I stole glances at Sun here and there, looking through my peripherals. His face was red but I couldn't tell since we passed a lot of red, green, and blue lights, and it was dark. He had his hand on his face, a finger curled between his lips, he looked thoughtful. 

"So... Moon mentioned how you two accepted the job but what about before?" I asked, trying to fill the gap of silence.

Sun perked up from whatever daze he was in. Moon opened a door that brought us outside the garage doors of the Daycare. Moon held the door open and held out an arm, signaling for Sun and I to go first. Sun went first and Moon gave a quick glance at me, giving me a soft smile. I smiled back.

"Before coming to the plex we were acrobats for family entertainment!" Sun exclaimed as he walked forward. 

"It was like a circus type of thing but less animals and tents, more like fancy parties" Moon added as he closed the door and walked up next to me.

"Yeah! We rarely had to do flying tricks or anything of the sort, we spent most of our time with guests contorting our bodies or doing back flips" Sun put a finger on his cheek.

"Oh, that's interesting, what else?" I kept asking.

"Well we mostly did balancing acts like on barrels, tables, and on each other. On the rare occasion Moon and I would do flying trapeze" Sun kept building on as we went up an escalator, we reached the third floor.

"And we had different names" Moon added, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Like what?" I could barely hold in my anticipation. Moon snickered at me.

"Maybe another time Starlight, for now let's get inside and grab something to eat hm? I don't know about you two but I'm starving!" Moon laughed while pointing to the restaurant. I let out an audible sound of disappointment. 

"Wait, why are they still open?" I asked, stopping Sun and Moon from entering.

"Poor chefs here are so busy! They work from earlier morning and get off late at night, usually until night shift starts from what I hear" Sun said sympathetically, holding a hand to his face while shaking his head slowly.

"Whatever they're being paid isn't enough" Moon shrugged.

"But isn't there an employee cafeteria?" I asked.

"Well yes but unless you want to run into Carley again, I suggest we stay with El Nachos for now" Sun replied.

"Good point" I mumbled. 

We entered the restaurant and ordered our food, and asked for an ice pack for Sun. Sun and Moon kept bickering and I got lost in thought about today.

'Damn, today feels like it's been going on for a week' I sighed.

(A/N: Technically a month, I wouldn't have noticed if a certain dumbass didn't point it out so thanks to them for that)

I was about to ask a question but as I spoke so did Sun, unintentionally interrupting him. I paused and so did Sun.

"You go first" Sun told me.

I gave a wavering smile, angry at myself for cutting Sun off.

"Sorry... But you mentioned you did flying trapeze and could contort your bodies?" I asked hesitantly.

"Still can. We don't do it because it might scare some kids-" Moon was cut off.

"Might? You scared a kid into having nightmares when they caught you stretching!" Sun fussed, "but we do have a wire on top of the Daycare!" Sun added the last part sweetly.

"I use the wire for fun when kids leave earlier or the plex is closed off. Sun doesn't use it at all because he gets stuck easily" Moon tried holding in a laugh.

"I do not!" Sun argued while turning to Moon.

"You so do!" Moon teased while flicking Sun's forehead.

The waiter came back with drinks and an ice pack for Sun. Sun covered his forehead and hissed through his teeth.

"Moon!" Sun yelled.

"Sorry sorry, forgot" Moon smirked while rolling his eyes.

Sun took the ice pack and place it on his forehead, flinching when the ice cold bag touched his skin before putting it back on.

"Sun, before I cut you off,  what were you saying earlier?" I asked after sipping my drink.

Sun softened his expression from pain to confusion, trying to remember what he was going to say.
"I was going to mention how strange you acted when we cleaned the Daycare, and while we walked to the dorms" Sun said as he held the ice pack with one hand and took a gulp of his drink with the other.

Moon did a side glance to Sun before turning his attention to me.

"You mentioned how I disappeared from the shadows when you saw me but thing is, Y/n, I just started heading back when I saw you two and hid" Moon stated.

"Huh? Oh it's nothing I was just... well it was.." I was trying to find an excuse but came up short. With a heavy sigh I decided to come clean.
"Ok.. In the daycare I met this kid named Chris who I thought we missed while were closing but there's no way we did because Sun and I checked to make sure all the kids returned to their parents and I didn't see Chris on the list so I went to ask where his parents were and-" I began explaining everything quickly, loosing air.

"Whoa whoa, Sunshine take a breath!" Sun stopped me and I took a moment to re-collect myself.

"When I heard Sun say my name I looked away from Chris for one second and he was gone!" I placed a hand on my forehead from stress, "and there is no way he could have left without Sun or me noticing since he was huddled in a corner" I kept rambling. I jumped when I felt a hand being gently placed on mine and a hand rubbing my back. 
I looked up to see Moon giving my a worried smile, holding my hand, and Sun rubbing my back looking concerned.

Sun moved back to his seat Moon took his hand away when they saw the waiter. We ate our food in silence.

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●

The way back to our dorms was awkward with a few small talk here and there, but nothing came of it. I made it back to my dorm after saying good bye to Sun and Moon. I decided to unpack another say since all I had on my mind was taking a warm shower and sleeping. My feet ached from walking so much. After grabbing my pajamas, putting the bells on a nearby desk, and entering the shower my mind wandered.

'Who was that kid? Why am I seeing shadows? What's going on?!' I sighed. 'It's been a long day, Sun mentioned how this was just the beginning'

"Guess I should get used to it.." I whispered to myself, the echoey walls of the shower making it louder.

Plopping in my bed with a loud thud I ran through my night time routine in my head, making sure I didn't forget anything as I settled down. After my internal check-list was completed I pulled the covers closer to me and sighed. My eyes started to droop, my breathing slowed, and my mind started to go blank. Soon, sleep consumed me.

(A/N: Damn if only it where that simple/quick eh?)

☄. *. ⋆The Next Day ☄. *. ⋆

My eyes shot open and I quickly sat up, my alarm blaring in my ears. I groaned as I turned it off, rubbing my eyes and stretching after. I checked the time, it read 4am. With enough convincing I got up from the warm covers of my bed and went to go get dressed. I went to the bathroom and found my uniform hanging on a coat hanger from the edge of the shower. I quietly thanked my past self as I got changed. I shivered as the cold air around me attacked my skin as I took off my pajamas. I did my usual routine, I yawned as I looked at myself in the mirror.

'That's as good as it's going to get I guess' I thought to myself. 

I left the bathroom and put on the bells Sun and Moon gave me, smiling as I did so. I grabbed my Fazwatch when I heard a knock at the door.

"Y/n? Are you up?" Sun's voice sheepishly asked from outside.

I walked up to the door and opened it.
(A/N: I realized I never described Sun and Moon's outfits so here me making up for that)
Sun was wearing his uniform which consisted of yellow and red stripped pants that flared out at the ends, tucked inside of jester shoes with bells on them. Sun also wore a yellow sweater with orange on one side, red frills on his neck and waist, and more bells on his wrists. The one difference was Sun holding a mask.

"Morning Sunlight!" Sun grinned at me, "Moon isn't up until later, he's not a morning person so he sleeps in late" Sun whispered to me while cupping a hand to his mouth as if Moon would hear. I laughed.

"What's that you have there?" I asked as I closed my  dorm room.

"Hm?" Sun glanced down at the mask, "oh yeah! Moon and I have masks for the mascots the Daycare has, we didn't use them because we er- I wanted you to get to see our faces without them" Sun explained.

"That's very kind of you, Sun!" I tiled my head slightly and gave Sun a warm smile.

Sun smiled back then turned his head away while putting a hand to his mouth.

"D-do you want to grab breakfast at the staff cafeteria?" Sun offered.

"That's sounds good. Shouldn't we wake Moon though? Just to let him know where we'll be" I asked.

Sun thought for a moment before shrugging, "sure, but Moon gets cranky when I wake him, so be prepared for a few swears thrown at'cha" Sun warned.

I nodded and we walk to Moon's dorm, I knocked. I heard shuffling coming from the inside. 

"Who the hell is there? Sun is that you? Fuck off I'm not getting up" Moon yelled from the other side.

"It's sun and Y/n!" I answered.

"Give me a few minutes" Moon groaned.
More shuffling came from Moon's dorm.

"You see that letter 'Y' at the end of the name tag? That was me" Sun giggled as he pointed to Moon's name plate labeled "Moony"

I chuckled. After a few minutes the door opened. Moon stood at the doorway fixing his hat, holding a mask on one hand. Moon's uniform was the same as Sun's but opposite. The pants were a deep blue with star patterns scattered around, the ends flared out but Moon didn't bother tucking the ends inside the shoes like Sun did. Moon's shirt was white with dark blue on one side. He had the same frills as Sun did in the same spots, he also wore bells at his shoes and wrists.

"Morning you two" Moon yawned.

"Morning" Sun and I replied.

"Let's get something to eat!" Sun clasped his hands together.

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●

We arrived to the staff cafeteria and it was packed, it reminded me of a school cafeteria. The room had bland white walls, the top had yellow stains from god knows what. Plastic tables were in neat rows, each one holding up to ten people. At the opposite side of the doors was a small rectangular window that stretched from end to end showing a busy kitchen staff making and serving food.
'They better be paying them good money'

Once we had gotten our food  in trays, Sun insisted on finding the Glamrocks and introduce me. After a while of wandering and stealing a few bites from my food, we found them sitting together on one side of the table. Sun waved at them and they waved back, then they signaled for us to sit with them. As we sat down, Moon on my left and Sun on my right, Sun didn't waste a second. 

"Hiya Freddy, Chica, Monty, Roxy! This is Y/n the new Daycare manager. They're such an amazing helper!!" Sun said eagerly. 

I waved at them shyly. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

"Hello Superstar! You must be an amazing coworker if Sun is bragging about you" Freddy complimented.
I noticed Freddy wore a brown T-shirt with a blue lightning strike and pants, black bowtie, red shoulder pads, blue makeup, bracelets with small spikes, red shoes that went up to his knees, and a headband with brown bear ears. I smiled timidly.

"Not as amazing as me obviously!" Roxy said, putting a hand on her chest and flipping her hair with the other, hitting Monty in the face.
Looking at Roxy she wore a red tank top with a black symbol on top of a grey shirt, red shoulder pads, red shorts held up by a black belt with fishnet stockings underneath, and a purple arm and leg warmers with black strips on them. Her hair was mostly white besides a green streak in the front. She fixed her fake ears she had on her head after the hair flip.

"Oh quite yer yappin" Monty growled, rolling his eyes at Roxy.
Monty had green gator skin pattern pants held up by a black spiky belt, a green shirt with a yellow inside, purple shoulder pads, purple fingerless gloves, red mohawk, green makeup, and star sunglasses.

Monty and Roxy began squabbling, with Roxy ignoring Monty and continued to say how great she was while Freddy tried to stop their argument from escalating. The only one not talking  and eating their food was Chica

(A/N: Oh god I'd like Chica to eat me. For legal reasons that is a joke)

Chica wore a light pink crop top with a darker pink shirt underneath, pink shoulder pads, light pink shorts with white stockings, green leopard pattern leg warmers, green fingerless gloves, a pink bow tie in her white hair, and green triangle earrings.
Chica was scarfing down her food, she had grabbed a lot too. I decided to not bother her since she was enjoying herself.

Sun kept talking with the Glamrocks, Moon chiming in here and there, while I ate my food nervously. Soon I mentioned to Sun and Moon that our shift starts soon, we quickly ate our food and said our goodbyes. 

We went to the Daycare and there wasn't much to do. Sun and I cleaned up earlier so there wasn't anything to fix, all the snacks were stocked up.
"This usually never happens. Normally the daycare is half-cleaned since I'm the only one cleaning it" Sun stated.
Moon's shift didn't require much work either besides laying out sleeping bags and taking in sleeping kids. I helped out where I could but I was mostly stuck to the computer in the Daycare doing paper work and responding to emails. Sun walked by holding some craft supplies and I stopped him.

"Hey Sun? There's a birthday party later today and I was wondering how I would set it up?" I asked.

"Well decorations are always set up there but snacks aren't so all you have to do is bring in snacks like pizza and drinks, ensure guests are accommodated, and just be on stand by. There's a show going on around 5-ish where Moon and I put on a little spectacle, if it's alright with the parents you can mention it and bring in the party to the Daycare to watch!" Sun said.

"What's the show of?" I asked.

"You'll see, if you can't bring the party to the Daycare you can always sneak off for a bit and watch" Sun grinned.

I thanked Sun and he left. I heard a chime and saw I got an email from Pepper.

┏━━━ ━━━┓
Pepper-Receptionist
To: Y/n L/n
Of: Party at 4:30pm
ᴶᵘˢᵗ ⁿᵒʷ

Morning Y/n,
The party today has been confirmed to have up to 16 guests, including the birthday boy. The mother has explicitly told us that there is to be no food containing peanuts as her son is allergic. There is a cake in the staff kitchen freezer with the name "Daniel" on it, please pick it up and take it to the room when they start celebrating. If you have anymore questions I'm up in the check in desk as always.
Sincerely, Pepper

┗━━━ ━━━┛

I sighed, 'I should get a head start with that' I thought to myself. I wrote everything Pepper told me in the email on a clip board and stood up. I looked around the Daycare for Sun, I saw him by the arts and crafts tables and quickly sped walked towards him.

"Hey Sunny, I'm going to pick up some snacks and cake for the party today" I mentioned.

"Okie dokie! Don't get lost" Sun gave me a thumbs up and I left.

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●

On my way to the kitchen staff I prayed to not bump into Carley, I didn't want her to verbally harass me while I did my job and I honestly didn't have the energy to deal with it today either. As I walked down the halls I felt as if I was being watched again. My skin crawled and I flinched at every sound, I kept peering through my peripherals. Every time I looked through the corner of my eyes I saw someone's figure in the corner or walking beside me. But whenever I looked at the figure it disappeared. I felt the air around me turn cold, whispers were coming from all around me. They were so silent I had to hold in my breath just to hear the whispers.

"ɪ'ᴍ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ! ʟᴇᴛ'ꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʜᴏꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʜɪᴍ!" One little girls voice whispered angrily.

"ᴵ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᶜᵃˢ... ᵀʰᵉʸ ʷᵉʳᵉ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ⁿⁱᶜᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵉ" One familiar little boy's voice whispered, sniffling.

"𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣? 𝙔/𝙣? 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙨, 𝙔/𝙣" Another male voice with a British accent said in a hushed tone.

I shook my head and took in a shaky breathe.

'Who am I hearing? No I must be dreaming!' I panicked.

I rounded a corner, desperate to escape whatever this is, hoping I could shake it off. I yelped when I walked into someone.

..••°°°°••.. A/N ..••°°°°••..

I had to split this chapter into two parts since it is so long, it def longer than the last chapter. Also as I am writing this, Sun/Moon x reader is #9 in security and hoLY SHI-
I hope you can tell who is who in the texts ;-;
Anyways I'll see you in the next chapter which is being written as you read this. Have a good day/night!

Total word count: 3793 words
┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

795K 31.3K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
109K 4K 36
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024
927K 39.2K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
641K 30.5K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...