Flames of Hope

By Coriwii

Izuku Midoriya. A viridian haired boy with emerald eyes and constellation like freckles. He was born into a w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
I was Tagged!
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Author's Notice
Chapter 70
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84-
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87

Chapter 71

260 6 31
By Coriwii

Hey y'all! Here's another update! I hope ya enjoy this one! I'm slowly ramping it up into the Big War! Anyways! The song above is Hymn for the Weekend by Coldplay! Love this song! Plus, big thank you to everyone! Every comment, every vote, and read makes my heart soar! I appreciate each and everyone of you!

'A War on three fronts!!'

'Right now, all over the world, eyes fall upon a single nation; Japan, and it's descent into complete social anarchy. Entire cities in ruins. Tens of Thousands, dead, and the government in complete shambles! Heroes over there are all but extinct, the few daring to take the mantle of Hero are brutally and swiftly taken out!'

'Currently, America's Top Hero and the UK's Top Hero; Stars and Stripes and Merlin, respectively, are on the move to assist Japan after Principle Nezu, Headmaster at U.A made a surprise appearance at the yearly U.N conference!'

'What is in store next for our friends over in Japan...?'

Sitting down with a satisfied oomph, Izuku watched the dorm's TV as it broadcasted the International News Network.

Things, and by things, he meant shouting over the U.A War Table, had started to gain momentum in Sanctuary at the declaration that the US and the U.K were coming to help Japan; plans were drawn up, ideas scrapped and made, tests conducted, all to help regain a sense of balance in Japan once more.

Life had come back, finally, unlike the desolate, hopeless faces that once wandered around Sanctuary's streets, Hope filled the air once more.

But, the future is always in motion and Izuku knew that there was a terrible storm coming...

The True War was on the horizon...

For some time, the issues came from actually locating the Paranormal Liberation Front's Headquarters; it was similar to Sanctuary in that respect. Completely hidden.

It was then that Nezu slid in his suggestion,

"Why don't we lure the Front out? Give them their target?" His beady eyes locked like a rocket onto Izuku.

Commotion sprang throughout the room, none wanting for Izuku to become the bait to lure out the greatest threat the world has ever seen. It was far too dangerous.

Then Izuku spoke up quietly.

"He's right..."

The room died into silence; none were expecting Izuku to agree to being bait.

"All of us have been at it for months, trying to find All for One and the Front, but it just... isn't working. We can't locate them, meaning we need them to come to us."

Daichi's grin couldn't be wider. Stars and Stripes had come here! To Japan to fight him, and oh how he couldn't wait to get his hands on that quirk, it would allow him to take One for All for good. Merlin, on the other hand, was... interesting. He had little to no information on the man's quirk.

It will be fun to unravel that mystery when he takes it too.

However, a tiny bend in his plan happened in the form of the dissolution of the National Heroes League and the U.N getting involved in his affairs.

No matter, his friends across the globe will slow down their responses. He'll make sure they get his message.

"Here me, my servants! Listen to the sound of my voice, and obey; you are to cause Havoc and Chaos all over the world, for my Ascension is near!"

He let his voice filter into his many 'gifted' quirks, his message spreading like the wildfire it is, for his crowning as Emperor of the world is so close, he can practically taste it on his tongue.

His Little Brother will be with him soon, so soon, so he can protect him with all his power as he made the world right and just in his image, for a safe and secure society...

Izuku shudders, One for All itself quivered at the distinct whispers of All for One, its vestige whispering, over and over.

"Little Brother..."

Izuku folded his hands onto the table, rapping his fingers across the desk in a wave motion.

To fight All for One, Izuku had to be ready. He needed experience and training in using all of his quirks and body; he'd done the basics, learned how they worked, how they functioned, but he never had time to experiment, to take his quirks to Plus Ultra levels, the kind he would need to face All for One and his cohorts.

And, even then he would require his friends, his allies, for this threat was far too big for him alone.

But, by all gods and stars, they would defeat their foes once and for all, and if not, the world shall fall into eternal darkness under the iron fist of All for One.

'The Demon King...' First whispered.

Knowing this, Izuku had to be careful, very much so; One for All cannot get into the grasp of All for One, it held far too much power for the man, and would enable him to conquer the entire world without question.

Even now, that was still a very real possibility even if All for One lacked One for All, the man had accumulated thousands of quirks over 200 years of living.

After all, you fear an old man who lives in a profession where people die young.

Perhaps...

Izuku stopped and voiced his thoughts to the room.

"All for One is arrogant, and Tomura Shigaraki is like a tempest, angry and wild; both merging is like adding water to boiling Oil. We use that to draw him out, we make him look Weak and he'll come running." Nezu beams.

"And what better way than to prove he hasn't broken us? Hasn't broken our spirits. We prove we're stronger than him."

Izuku looks at the few veteran heroes they have, and they nod in acceptance, it was a good idea, the best one they'd have. One of the heroes asks calmly.

"We know how we're going to draw him out, but how are we going to fight him? While we still have Kurogiri contained, it's known that All for One has a warping quirk of his own, he could instantly flee any situation he deems dangerous." At this point, Izuku sits down and listens.

He was good at analysis and strategy to a point, but he had nothing on Nezu.

"On two fronts of course! We split his forces using our dear copycat in 1-B, his army and his personal squad, using Kurogiri's warp gate quirk. Whilst that is going on, we lure All for One into a specially designed area that will activate as soon as it detects All for One's distinct portal signature."

Nezu then flips on a hologram, showing a perfect copy of the 1-A dorms, but beneath had written;

'The Troy Security Prison!'

Nezu looks positively gleeful.

"This is Troy, a special design that myself, Powerloader, Hatsume Mei and Momo Yaoyorozu all made." Nezu rubs his hands.

"I'll spare the details, but this will be able to contain All for One for some time."

The tides were looking to be changing in favour of the heroes...

Toshinori sat in his office, gaunt face looking over Musutafu, the streets filled with people he could have saved if only he'd finished off All for One when he had the chance. But, he can't change the past now, only move forward.

He wished he still held even an ember of One for All, just so he could fight, to prove that Peace was still here, he was Here just as he promised...

But, perhaps he didn't need his muscle form, he still had a massive font of experience in fighting to give out, over 40 decades of the stuff and he can still help with tactics and the like. Toshinori wasn't a big baffoon like people assumed, he actually owns a Master's Degree in thermodynamics and mathematics; to help in controlling One for All and its sheer power.

He likes to play dumb for everyone, to let everyone assume he's an idiot;It makes people underestimate him. His teaching skills could, of course, do better but that is because he'd never actually taught students before, but he's learning his best.

Maybe he can still help...

Daichi Shigaraki rubbed his hands, thanking the good Doctor one final time. In the palm of his hand sat a great gift, a copy of the Double Quirk, once possessed by Twice before his mysterious assassination.

While he won't be able to make infinite Copies like Twice was able to do, he could duplicate himself, and all his quirks; double the power.

Grinning maniacally, Daichi picked up an unused syringe and filled it with the Double quirk factor, watching the slimy translucent fluid fill the tube before he flicked it twice, to rid the air bubbles within and placed it at his inner elbow.

Prepare for double trouble, Heroes...

Tenko Shimura cried silently, his salty tears falling into the void all around him, the mocking laughter echoing in his shadowed cage; will someone save him? A hero?

His tainted binds tighten, holding him back, unable to release his quirk, his power to free himself.

Trapped in the maddened depths of Daichi Shigaraki's melded mind...

All he wants is to feel that radiating green glow, full of kindness and compassion, like a warm hug his mama used to give him, or the feeling he got whilst looking at his grandma's hero picture.

It was love, and Hope...

He needs Izuku Midoriya...

Shouto stood stock still, his body stiff as he looked at the remnant of the once mighty Tartarus; he knew he would come here eventually, he had to, to settle his old wounds, his scars.

And to do that, he had to see Endeavour.

It was absolutely terrifying for Shouto, to visit the man that had hurt and abused him and his family for years and years; it was a fear that may never heal, nor be forgotten, but learned from.

However, this needed to happen, for the sake of himself and his family, he had a duty to complete, and to do that, he needed to reconcile with the past, however hard that may be.

Tightly controlled steps make their way through broken halls, dried blood all around and chaos and disorder afoot; the prison was under lockdown, with little to no prisoners left inside. Except for two.

Endeavour and All for One.

Both alive, but completely unresponsive for different reasons.

What little guards remained nodded as he passed before Shouto reached his goal, the infirmary of Tartarus, its red crossed door scarred and deformed like the rest of the prison, and where his father was being held.

The door creaked open, and Shouto looked with cooled eyes over his father's form.

It lacked the once resounding muscles it once had, and in its place was a skeletal thin man, his cheeks protruding from his scarred face, his arms thin as twigs. This is the man he once feared so much.

"Look at you, what has become of you. A man without power, without fame, without family. Nothing. Like a rat in the desert." Shouto shakes his head.

"I wanted to come here, to see you; to settle the past. I need to let this go, I can't hold onto this any longer. So, goodbye, Endeavour, may you rest in peace."

Slowly, Shouto stood, but as he did, he heard a faint voice;

"Sho...uto...?"

(Hi, How are you?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.1K 3.5K 26
Izuku Midoriya had enough from life, he was ignored by everyone even his family. One fateful night the boy was by a villain. The villain lead him to...
63K 2.8K 19
Quirkless doesn't mean useless but because of how quirkless kids are being treated they often end up dead.. Izuku Midoriya is a kid that was born qui...
589K 20.5K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...
78.8K 2.8K 20
Izuku Midoriya was never normal. Rather- his existence as a 'creature' wasn't normal. Being bullied his whole life was just a necessary feature of ke...