Rules of Attraction (A Blackp...

Galing kay xKawaii_Girlx

(The Chaesoo Prequel to Make You MINE) Perfection has a price. When Roseanne Park moves with her family to st... Higit pa

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
- Story Note -

- PROLOGUE -

792 38 3
Galing kay xKawaii_Girlx

(Melbourne, 10 months earlier before Make You MINE)

11:20pm, New Year's Eve

Rosé's P.O.V

It was a time of new beginnings. The end of the night was drawing to a close as I basked in a sea of unforgettable memories.

New Year's Eve was always my favourite night of the year. There was something so refreshing about the concept. A time to restart, to begin a new and filled with a sense of optimism long since lost.

Alone, I leaned against the cold, metal railing of the veranda in my family home. I watched the stars in fascination shining so clearly in the midnight sky as they shimmered in the water of the river below.

There was an excitement that filled the air but within me I sensed nothing but great anguish and worry at the prospect of the future. The big move my family and I were preparing to undertake.

The sounds from inside the house were distant but constant as my extended family had visited and were staying for the celebrations. It was a perfect time for us to all be together before we went back to the hectic day-to-day lives we lead. Music and laughter lingered in the air behind me as I took a heavy breath losing myself once again in thought with a silent tear.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?" A voice asked startling me as I spun around.

My cousin, Lisa carefully closed the sliding door whilst simultaneously holding two bottles of chilled beer in her hands as she walked towards me. She was my favourite person in the whole world, someone I admired and trusted more than anyone else.

I smiled warmly at her and discreetly attempted to dry my tears but to little avail. "Just enjoying the view."

"Are you okay?" She asked, handing me a drink while we watched the beauty of the city illuminating in a sea of colours around us.

I shrugged, playing it down as usual when inside my stomach was doing somersaults anxiously awaiting the unknown. My family and friends had always said that I was the most cheerful of people, always seeing the bright side but last few days that had been so difficult.

Nevertheless, I didn't want Lisa to worry. "Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

She paused, giving a knowing look. That was the thing about my cousin, I never had to tell her how I explicitly felt because I knew deep down, she always knew the answer.

"Well... you're moving to Seoul. Starting at that fancy college, getting a new house, making new friends. It's okay to feel a little nervous, Rosé. It's okay to feel upset."

Placing her hand on my shoulder, I felt instantly at ease. My cousin always had this comforting aura, a genuine kindness and warmth so few people possessed and many took for granted.

"I guess it's all a little overwhelming... I don't know if I'm ready to leave everything behind. Starting at the academy, it just doesn't feel the right time." I admitted quietly.

"You're not alone, Rosé. It'll be incredible, you'll have the time of your life. Anyone would dream to have this opportunity. Maybe I'll even get accepted there one day too! Well... if I improve my grades first." Lisa smiled sheepishly making me chuckle at her sincerity.

"You always know how to make me feel better."

Comically, she shrugged with a smug grin. "Hmmm... I guess that comes with being an amazing cousin who just so happens to get you a little celebratory gift."

From the pocket of her denim jacket, she handed me a small, navy box wrapped with a golden ribbon around it. Inside beyond the crisp, delicate tissue paper lay a small, silver locket attached on a thin chain. The outside of it had a symbol of a rose but inside a personal message had been imscribed.

"Even on those darkest days, the sun always shone brightly in her eyes."

"I saw this quote on the locket at the mall and I thought of you." She stated, a humble gift that showed her sweeter side that seemed so rare since her father's passing last year.

Feeling the cold silver against my fingertips, I carefully placed the locket around my neck watching as Lisa beamed with pride.

Throughout the years, she'd always been there for me. There was no sense of judgement, never a bad word to be said. My cousin had a difficult life back in Thailand and it was fair to say she didn't always make the best decisions but when it came to me, she never failed to be there. She always cared that little bit more than other people did and I knew no matter what, I could rely on her in times of need.

"Thank you, it's beautiful. I'm sorry if I've ruined the party tonight. Sometimes I just feel weak and need space; I wish I could be stronger like you."

I felt another tear run down my face as Lisa gently wiped it away. "You're so much stronger than you think you are."

I let out another heavy breath. "Lis, what if it all goes wrong? What if I don't fit in? What if the café fails? What if I fail and can't end up getting into to YG music college? We should probably just stay here... it's easier."

And it was then she said something that I knew I'd remember for the rest of my life.

"You're destined for great things, Rosé. Much bigger than here so don't ever be worried. Don't ever let anyone deny you your dreams or make you feel in any way inadequate. You've got this, I believe in you and I'll always be here."

Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around her in a tight embrace. Hearing her chuckle, she hugged me back giving me the confidence I needed to know everything would be okay.

Pulling away, she took my hand as we headed back towards the direction of carefree laughter and noise behind us. "Come on, let's go back inside. Everyone's had way too much to drink and the karaoke's started!"

The rest of the evening was like a fairytale but filled with such simplicity. Talking to distant relatives dancing with Lisa and playing loud party games.

Before long, the midnight countdown had begun as we all headed outside to watch the fireworks over the river. It was a picture perfect scene as I glanced at Lisa enjoying the sights beside me as she took photos adoring the view.

Every minute that passed, I appreciated more knowing how special and rare these occasions were becoming. Looking back at my cousin, I couldn't help but feel appreciative of her too.

"I'm glad I'm celebrating the new year with you, Lisa. Thank you for being here with me." I whispered.

"Always." She replied and sincerely smiled before the countdown finished and the celebrations took hold.

As the fireworks exploded into an array of multi-coloured lights, the city skyline was illuminated stretching across far-reaching views. People partying in the streets, loud, noisy and cheerful. It was stunning, calming and yet somehow thrilling to see as I smiled at the happy faces of those I cared for most around me.

In a few days times though, that would all change. The realision was slowly sinking in. Soon, we'd leave our home for good, all that we'd ever known to venture so far away.

And for better or worse, nothing would be quite the same for any of us ever again.

---------------------------------------------------------

⚠️Warning!!

Please be aware that this book contains mature themes including dark romance, obsession, jealousy, gore and strong language. If you are uncomfortable with these themes please do not read the story.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

69.8K 1.7K 13
Mainly about Jenlisa. If you're looking for comedy fluff, then here it is! (g!p/gxg) *Story full of nothing but cringe and fluff* - - - Achieved rank...
6.6K 643 16
Jennie Kim, the CEO of a major fashion magazine Pink Venom, has her life turned upside down when her wife Lisa begins working as a photographer for t...
88.6K 3.3K 48
Jisoo, a new student who admires Park Chaeyoung(the bully who rules the whole school) and annoys her all the time. One day her mother decides that th...
586K 8.9K 49
Warning- the story kind of sucks in the beginning but it gets pretty good (in my opinion) after chapters. Hope you enjoy :) Jennie is an exchange st...