Fallout ▷ Stilinski

By simplystiles-

[ BOOK THREE ] ❝ the fallout is still coming, it won't stop for anything. ❞ Money makes the world go round, a... More

Fallout » Stiles Stilinski
Chapter 1. "Camping Trip"
Chapter 2. Sardine Girl Porno
Chapter 3. Teenagers Don't Eat Deer
Chapter 4. The Hale Vault
Chapter 5. Stiles the Rapper
Chapter 6. Deputy McHottie
Chapter 7. Date-bait
Chapter 8. The Transition
Chapter 9. One Kiss
Chapter 11. Not a Wishing Well
Chapter 12. Breathing Slow
Chapter 13. Aptitude Testing
Chapter 14. Supernatural Super-Virus
Chapter 15. Compartmentalizing
Chapter 16. An Argent Reunion
Chapter 17. Raincheck
Chapter 18. Already Dead-Pool
Chapter 19. Omitting Certain Truths
Chapter 20. Reason #394
Chapter 21. Liam Dunbaby
Chapter 22. Two Birds, One Stone
Chapter 23. Draining
Chapter 24. Adios

Chapter 10. Lethal Lacrosse Player

38.1K 1.1K 864
By simplystiles-

My head was spinning as I stumbled out of the Janitor's closet. Derek was nowhere to be found and I was going to be late for class. It was Econ with Finstock and I really didn't care to miss it, only problem was that Scott and Stiles were both in that class. I didn't have to avoid Scott anymore, because I had already seen Derek... now it was Stiles I needed to avoid.

Never in a million years would I even think about kissing someone other than Stiles. Never in a million years would I even think about Derek Hale in a romantic way. Never in a million years would I even think that Derek would want to kiss me. I don't understand why when things go bad for me, they get worse with each passing second. It's not bad enough I'm a hybrid and we have a deadpool with our names on it, now I have Derek kiss me and tell me that he loves me?

Just take me out back and shoot me.

I have to tell Stiles, like I have to. I can't just not mention this to him. Even though I didn't kiss Derek back, I did stand there without pushing him off of me. I don't know what to think. I should be mad at Derek for putting me in this position but can I really be mad at someone for having feelings for me? Oh, I don't know. I don't care about Derek right now, it's Stiles that I'm worried about.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I glanced down at the screen; 

Text From : stuhlinskiii aka bae

        it's a lacrosse player. one of the killers is a lacrosse player. meet us in coaches office after class, which you are so late for, you okay? oh and i love you. 

Okay, my life officially sucks.

I need to stop planning to avoid people because clearly whenever I attempt to do so, it backfires majorly and I am forced to face them regardless. I hate my life. Well, at least the supernatural aspect of it. I think I can manage the teenage girl problems, but the supernatural stuff on top of the them? Yeah, not so much.

Text To : stuhlinskiii aka bae

      yeah i'm okay, little headache. i'm just gonna go to the nurse, i'll meet you there. i love you too.

Let the lying games begin, and may the odds be ever in Kasey's favor.

▴▵▴

"This... this is pointless. Most of the team plays with their own gear." Scott stated in frustration as he tossed a lacrosse stick onto Coach's desk. 

Apparently in class today, Coach was ranting about how broke our school is and he was waving around a lacrosse stick with duct tape on it and somehow ended up pointing it at Stiles, which led Stiles to see that the base of the lacrosse stick was a similar shape to the stab wounds on the most recent victims. How he managed to come up with that is beyond me. 

Kira shrugged, "Maybe instead of trying to find a lacrosse stick with a hidden dagger in it, we should be trying to get the game canceled?"

"Or just knock Garret out and question him." I suggested. 

Scott glanced at me, "Garret?"

"Yes, Garret. I'm telling you it's him. He's just... evil." I stated flatly. I get a bad vibe from him every time I see him, and not to mention that when he touched me at Lydia's party it felt like my skin was on fire. That has to mean to something. 

My brother rolled his eyes, "What is with you two and just assuming people are evil?" 

"Excuse me," Stiles huffed defensively, "Matt was evil, like totally evil and I called that from day one and nobody believed me."

Kira rose an eyebrow in confusion, "Who's Matt?"

"An evil mastermind who controlled Jackson while he was in Kanima form and ordered him to kill the 2006 swim team." Stiles explained with an aggravated look plastered on his face. The amount of hatred he still has for Matt is ridiculous. I think most of the aggravation stems from the fact that nobody believed he was actually evil.

Scott held his hands up to silence the conversation, "Enough about Matt and Garret. Kasey, unless you have solid proof that it's him, we can't just assume it's him because you don't like him."

"What if I tell you it's him because I have an Admonere feeling?" I asked slowly.

 He quirked a brow, "Is it?"

"Well, not exactly but kind of in a weird and possibly coincidental way." I sighed in exasperation. 

I know something is up with Garret because, well because I just know. And I know that if we don't do something about this feeling then Garret is going to kill someone else just like Matt did and the whole point of trying to figure out who is killing people is so that we can protect people and how are we supposed to protect people if we don't do anything to the person that could possibly be killing them?

"We can't go on that, and we can't try to get the game canceled because that's the best way to catch him red-handed." Scott stated.

It was true, if we let the game ensue then the assassin will definitely take a strike tonight and hopefully we would be able to see him do it. I would that we would. If not, then one of us is going to bite it tonight. 

"But, what if he's red-handed because his hands are covered in the blood of the person that he just stabbed to death? Which by the way could be any of you three." Stiles said as he gestured between Scott, Kira and myself. For once, Stiles was actually safe because he wasn't a supernatural creature. 

My eyes widened, "Or baby Liam."

"Kasey's right," my brother sighed, "we don't have the whole list and he could be on it."

Stiles nodded, "Yeah and you know what, Scott, we know nothing about that list. How it's made, how it's updated. I mean, who's been out taking a supernatural census anyway?"

"How do they even know about me?" Kira asked quietly. 

I groaned, "Whoever they are, they know about everyone."

"I think Kira's right, I think we should stop the game." Stiles sighed in desperation. I understand why he's nervous, hell we should all be nervous. There are professional killers around here trying to kill us for money. And a lot of it. 

Scott shrugged, "I'm not afraid."

"Neither am I." Kira added.

I snorted, "Well I'm terrified. I'm worth the most on that damn thing, and I'm not all that comfortable having all of us in a small congested and crowded area where they could get a two-for-one deal on Scott and I and then add Kira on as a side dish." 

"Thank you," Stiles snapped in exasperation, "guys these are professional killers. It's their profession! One of them has a thermo-cut wire that takes heads off. Who knows what else they could have?"

▴▵▴

"Liam! Hey, Liam stop!"

I was minding my own business, walking beneath the pavilion as I headed over to Scott and Stiles, when I heard the name of the newest werewolf in Beacon Hills being shouted behind me. As I spun around to investigate I was nearly knocked over by said werewolf. He was charging straight towards a school bus which Lacrosse players were getting off of. Mason was standing frozen in place as he watched his best friend in shock. 

"Brett!" Liam shouted, his shoulders were tensed and his face portrayed anger. He did not look happy, in the slightest. 

I assumed 'Brett' was the guy that stepped off the bus first, and when he stood on front of Liam my eyes widened. He was huge compared to Liam's small stature. He was a literal baby. Of course, that didn't matter much now, seeing as how Liam is a teen wolf so like, he's stronger, but still. This did not look promising for our new baby beta. 

"I just wanted to say... have a good game." Liam stated through a clenched jaw. He stuck out his hand for a friendly shake, but then Brett laughed in his face. 

Oh shit, here we go. 

"That's cute, Liam. Is that what they told you to say in anger management? Apologize and everything's fine? You demolished Coach's car." Brett seethed, his eyes narrowing. 

Liam's entire body tensed even further, "I paid for it." 

"Yeah," Brett scoffed, "you're going to pay for it. We're gonna break you in half out there. And it's going to be all your fault." 

The familiar scent of copper smacked me in the face, and I knew all too well that it was blood. My eyes zeroed in on the red liquid dripping from Liam's clenched fist. My eyes widened as I sprung into action, throwing my arm around Liam's shoulder and looking Brett up and down, "Okay, hey. Welcome to our school, uh clearly you two already know each other so allow me to introduce myself, I'm Kasey." 

Scott and Stiles then appeared out of nowhere and assisted me in getting Liam out of this situation. Scott grabbed a hold of Liam while Stiles went ahead and took the lead in addressing Brett. "Hey, what's going on prep students. Welcome to our little public high school. How you doing? Stiles," he then stuck his hand out in attempt to shake Brett's hand but was quickly denied," that's a firm handshake you got there. Uh, we're very excited for the scrimmage tonight. Uh, but let's keep it all clean, alright. No rough stuff out there. Alright, see you on the field." 

Stiles then bolted towards Liam and pushed him away with Scott. I glanced around the small crowd that had began to form around us and smiled awkwardly, "Bromances, right?" 

"What?" someone from the crowd asked in confusion. 

I blinked once and attempted to run off in the direction that Scott had went, but before I could Mason stepped right in front of me, cutting me off. I huffed in irritation before folding my arms over my chest and staring at him, waiting for him to speak. 

Mason glanced over his shoulder, in the direction where Liam was just taken in, and then focussed back on me, "What the hell is going on with him? He's supposed to be my best friend, and usually we can tell each other everything but he isn't talking to me and I don't know what to do and apparently your brother does, so can you please tell me what the hell is happening to Liam?"

I empathized with Mason. I know exactly what he's going through, granted I was informed about my brother's werewolfy-ness early on in the whole transitioning process, but I still understand Mason's concern. I wish I could give him the answer he wants, but I can't. Liam obviously doesn't want Mason to know, and I really don't know Mason well enough to trust that he can keep a secret as big as this one. 

"He's fine, just some freshman adjustment issues. New school and everything, you know? Scott's kind of taking him under his wing, guiding him in a sense." I responded evenly, praying to God that my lie sounded slightly plausible. 

The crowd had dispersed and now Mason and I were the only two standing under the pavilion. It was dead silent and Mason was watching my facial expression intently, attempting to uncover my lie. Thankfully, I've gotten rather good at this whole lying straight through my teeth thing, so hopefully it works this time.

Mason sighed and nodded once, "Okay. I just wish he would talk to me, could you try and tell him that I'm here for him? Because he's not listening to me and I don't know what else to do."

"Yeah," I rushed out, "absolutely. I'll tell Scott to mention the whole support system thing. He's just having a rough time with the lacrosse team and stuff, nothing too major." 

"Thanks," Mason said before walking away from me, not bothering to glance over his shoulder at me in the slightest. 

Okay, now to find Scott. I have a feeling they went to the locker room. I have no idea if it's an Admonere feeling, a twin feeling or just a common sense feeling... but I sure as hell have a feeling that's where they are. 

▴▵▴

When I found Scott and Stiles, they had Liam under a shower head attempting to use the cold water to calm him down. I also found out that Liam has an anger issue, also known as, Interment Explosive Disorder.

I.E.D. for short, which if you don't know what and I.E.D. is... it's a type of bomb. So, basically my brother picked the worst person in Beacon Hills to turn into a werewolf. 

You know why?

Because, Liam is a walking time bomb... ready to go off at any second. 

You know what else I found out when I got into the locker room? Whomever ordered the keg for Lydia's party, was more than likely the one who killed Demarco. Liam was then able to verify to Scott that Garret had paid for the keg. 

So, once again Kasey was right. Garret was evil. Scott still doesn't think that was enough evidence to say that Garret is the killer, shocker. He always has to give everyone the benefit of the doubt every single time. It's aggravating. I don't understand why he can't just trust me, I mean I'm practically psychic in a way so he should listen to everything I tell him anyway. 

Which is why I'm sitting on the sidelines of the lacrosse field, waiting for this damn game to start so Scott can see that it's Garret who is doing all of this. I'm watching the little smug bastard warm up right in front of me with the lacrosse stick that has a weapon inside of it that he could use on anyone on that damn field. 

I'm pissed, beyond pissed. I don't know what else there is to feel beyond pissed off but whatever the hell it is, that's what I'm feeling. I don't know if it's because I'm part werewolf now and my anger is just heightened naturally, or if it's because I'm sick and tired of feeling helpless when I know what the problem is, or it could be that I'm so done with not being able to live a freaking semi-normal life. I never wanted any of this. I'm tired of having all of these supernatural catastrophes falling on our shoulders, it's not fair to any of us. 

Scott and Kira are sitting on the bench talking about Kira being nervous, I can hear their conversation. I can hear Stiles approaching the field, talking to his dad on the phone and wondering why he isn't here yet. I can hear Liam and Mason talking about how Mason think's Brett's hot. I can hear everything. I can see anything, I can smell anything... but as usual, I can't do anything. I can't try to save the day or protect someone I care about, because Scott won't let me. 

"Hey," 

I glanced up from the blade of grass I was glaring at to find Stiles above me, a look of confusion plastered on his face as he took in my stature and aggravation. 

"Hi." I responded flatly, not knowing what else to say. I still am trying to keep my conversations with him as dull and short as possible, because I have to find a way to bring up the Derek kiss without causing a scene. Tonight is most certainly not the night for me to tell him about it, there's way too much going on.

Stiles' plopped down beside me and dropped his gloves on the ground, placing a hand on my thigh and giving it a slight squeeze, "You feeling okay? I know I haven't been checking up on you as much as I probably should be with the whole... hybrid thing, and I'm sorry I've been really preoccupied, but are you okay?" 

I shrugged, "I guess. I mean, I want to go out on the field and drag Garret into the parking lot and shoot up him with Kanima venom so he can't hurt anyone and Scott won't let me, so I'm aggravated but other than that I'm just peachy." 

"I know you're worried about Scott, and he's gonna be fine. He's gone up against a hell of a lot worse than Garret, right? He'll be okay." he assured me, glancing at Scott to make sure that he was still immersed in his conversation with Kira. 

My eyes flitted between Scott and Garret quickly before I looked back to Stiles, "I can actually protect him now, Stiles. I'm not helpless, and I want to tell him that. Maybe if he knows that I'm not so fragile anymore, he'll let me help."

"I don't think it's the best time to tell him, he's got a lot of other stuff going on in his head right now. And I don't think it's the best idea for you to try and take out a professional assassin by yourself, hybrid or not." Stiles stated evenly, his expression turning serious.

My blood was beginning to boil. I'm so sick and tired of being portrayed as the victim all the damn time. I'm a freaking werewolf now, I can defend myself. I can actually help in the plans now, I can be useful. I don't understand why everyone is so against me trying to be helpful. I don't want to lose anyone else, and now that I can actually prevent someone from getting killed, I still can't do anything. If I have to use Allison as an example as to why I should tell Scott about may abilities, I will.

"I'm not defenseless anymore," I muttered in annoyance. 

Stiles sighed loudly, "Kasey, I never said you were-"

"Stiles, I can save people!" I hissed as I shot him a look of pure rage, "I can keep people from dying! I can save Scott, or Kira or even Liam! I can actually do something other than kill somebody and I just-" My eyes widened when I had realized what I just said. Stiles was silent as he watched me in concern. We all knew that Stiles and I had unresolved issues from the Nogitsune that we were still trying to work through ourselves, mainly me because I had been the one that had been killed because of it. 

When the Nogitsune was inside of me and I caused Allison's death, I remember being upset. I remember screaming and wanting to jump out and save her... but now, now I remember liking it. I remember liking the control and the strength and the ability to do whatever I wanted without a second thought. I remember feeling like nothing could stop me, like I could do anything in the world. I remember liking the pain I absorbed from Allison as she slipped away. 

Stiles grabbed my hand and squeezed it, "Allison is not your fault." 

"Yes it is," I said quickly, "everything is my fault. I killed all of those people at the hospital, I killed Allison and-and-and I can't-" before I could completely fall apart, Stiles tugged me off the bleachers and led me behind them, pulling me out of the crowd. I could feel my eyes burning and my throat threatening to close up. I could feel my heart slamming into my chest and my body being pricked by thousands of tiny invisible needles. 

I watched wordlessly as Stiles gently cupped my face between his hands and took a deep breath, "Kasey, you need to listen to me, okay? You weren't yourself, you had this evil thing inside of you that was making you do those things... it was inside of me, too. I remember loving the sense of control and power that I felt when it was making me do things, okay? I know how you feel, I didn't want to kill people either, those innocent people at the hospital when I almost killed Isaac, or in the woods with Coach... but at the same time, I did because of the power and control that it gave me. You know what I've learned since then?" 

My head move from side to side slowly, not being able to speak because of the impending doom of a panic attack swirling around me like the black fog that I was plagued with in my nightmares. 

"Control is overrated," he said quietly and then he pressed his lips to mine and all of a sudden the black fog disappeared and I was at peace. I felt so safe and secure and happy and it was all from a kiss. A kiss from the one person on this planet that I wouldn't be able to survive without. I don't know how he manages to help me overcome everything that I end up having to face, but he does. He can do anything.

I pulled away from the kiss and smiled faintly, "Thank you." 

"You're welcome," he responded simply. 

My phone began to buzz in my pocket and I fished it out and glanced at the screen, Lydia was calling me. Lydia only ever calls me if somethings wrong, we don't exactly have regular phone call sessions where we gossip over school or plan shopping trips. 

"I gotta take this, good luck." I said as I kissed him quickly. 

He smiled brightly, "I don't need luck, I've got you." 

"Cute," I chuckled as he rolled his eyes and jogged back around to the field. 

I quickly pressed the green phone icon on my screen and held the speaker to my ear, "What's up, Lydia?"

"This is Malia... we need your help down at the Sheriff's Station."

▴▵▴

I pushed through the door to Sheriff Stilinski's office, where Lydia and Malia were. Lydia was in a chair with her head in her hands and Malia was pacing. Once I entered the room, they both glanced at me. Malia snatched a piece of paper off the desk and handed it to me. 

"2-4-3-6? What's this?" I asked as I looked at the numbers on the page. 

Malia sighed, "Apparently that's the number that Meredith said to call... but phone numbers are 10 digits and that's only four so we're missing six." 

"She said this is the number that she calls?" I asked slowly, because let's be real here Meredith Walker is a Banshee, but she's a weird Banshee. She can call a number and reach someone, because she's not actually calling anything. It's a frequency in her head that only she can hear. 

Lydia groaned, "It's impossible. It doesn't make any sense, there's got to be more and she's just not telling me."

I pulled out my cell phone and maneuvered to the keypad, glancing at the numbers. They didn't seem to make a shape on the keypad. They weren't in a pattern or anything. There were three even numbers and one odd. Nothing about the numbers themselves made any sense. 

Then I saw the letters beneath the numbers, the T9 keyboard function. My eyes widened, "It's not the numbers." 

"What?" Lydia asked in confusion. 

I quickly grabbed a piece of a paper and a pen and wrote down the three corresponding letters for each number in a row. I slid the paper to Lydia and in no time she had five letters circled. 

A-I-D-E-N

Lydia hastily grabbed her laptop out of her bag and pulled up the deadpool. I watched her type in the name in the keyword section and then another third of the names appeared on the screen. And at the top of the list... was Brett Talbot. 

Without another thought I dialed Stiles' number and waited anxiously as it rang three times. I thought he wasn't going to answer, but luckily his voice crackled over the speaker and I let out a sigh of relief, "I know who Garret is after."

"Yeah, Liam." Stiles said quickly.

My eyes widened, "What? No! He's going for Brett Talbot, his name is the list. Lydia just cracked another third of it."

"Oh, shit... okay, we're on it." Stiles said before the call ended. I only hoped that Scott would be able to get to Brett before Garret did, because if not... then this whole night, everything we just did... it would be for nothing. 

______________________________________________________________________

Okay, hey pups. So this update was long overdue and I apologize for that. I was going to update on thursday, I truly was but then a tragedy struck. My mom's childhood best friend committed suicide by an overdose and the people who provided her the drugs stole her phone and wiped the memory and my mom was trying to get a hold of her friend and then a guy answered and told my mom that people had sold it to him and told him that it was a "dead girls phone" so she had to meet with the detective on the case and try to rule it as a suicide or a homicide and my mom was really upset so I was spending as much time with her as I could when I wasn't working. There's just been a lot going on in general in my life lately, thankfully none of the issues are centered around me and I'm doing A Okay. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the less than stellar update. It will get better and I just want to get through this stupid season. 

Also, if you are feeling alone and are having dark thoughts, like my mom's friend, please call someone. You have to remember that you are not alone and there are so many people that love you. I'm always available to talk if you need me. x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

593K 30.2K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
541K 14.5K 59
|| SEQUEL TO EASY WAY OUT || After quitting her job oversees, Isla Rafferty soon finds herself lost, alone, and once again longing for Spencer Reid;...
622K 29.6K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
470K 10.8K 33
Skyler Jenson. She understood Sophmore was going to be rough. No popularity. No cool friends. But she had Scott McCall. Best Friends since Birth. And...