Love Behind Bars (COMPLETE)

By Gnomegirl95

Poppy is a therapist working at a jailhouse and she never gives into the inmates but that all changes when sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 11

425 15 29
By Gnomegirl95

Poppy does research on Branch's case and they get to know each other better....

That evening Poppy was dressed in a blue dress with a green hairband with blue flowers on it. (Her outfit from the first movie) and she had placed a bit of makeup on and puts her hair down, knowing that Creek always loved her hair down. She took a deep breath leaning against her vanity.

''You got this Poppy, you're only doing this to help Branch. Get the info you need and then cut it short if this doesn't work then go to the courthouse.'' She told herself.

She heard a knock at the door and answered it to see Creek wearing a white tee shirt with light brown cargo shorts and he had flowers for her.

''Hello Poppy.'' He smiled charmingly.

''Hi Creek.'' She smiled.

''Here I brought you flowers.'' He smiled.

''Aww thank you um come in for a minute.'' She said as she went to place them in water.

Creek came in and looked around, it screamed Poppy and there were pictures of her and her roommates and then she came in.

''So ready to go?'' She asked.

''Of course love.'' He smiled as they went out and got in a cab.

''So where are we going?'' She asked.

''Some places special.'' He smiled and his hand rested on top of hers.

''This is for Branch, this is for Branch.'' She told herself.

They came to a small bar called Raven Club and went in and to a booth and ordered drinks.

''So how was your day Poppy?'' He asked.

''It was ok.'' She said placing her hands on the table.

''I bet its not easy doing what you do.'' He said looking at her.

''Yeah one in particular can't get anything out of him.'' She said sighing.

''Oh?'' He asked curiously.

''Did you know Branch Timber?'' She asked.

''Yes, he was my first official case I won, I was trying to get him the death sentence but they only ended up giving him life.'' He frowned.

''He told me what happened but something not adding up with it.'' She said baiting him.

Their drinks came with some fries once she was gone he turned to Poppy.

''What is there to add? The guy murdered his grandma it was plain and simple his fingers on the knife and covered in her blood. Plus he was gone for an hour the same hour she died and he just happened to show up.

''I dealt with my fair share of murderers but somehow I feel like he's telling the truth.'' She said.

''Trust me Poppy he did it and all the evidence is there.'' He said smirking.

Poppy looks at him. 'What does he mean trust me?' She had a feeling that he maybe knew more then he was letting on and that smirk was a proud one.

''Say is there anyway I could get all his case file so I can find something to trigger him get him to talk.'' She asked sweetly placing her hands on top of Creeks.

''You're taking this seriously huh?'' He asked smirking.

''I will get though to him even if it means using his stuff against him.'' She said firmly.

''I'm sorry I can't get those they are locked up.'' Creek said.

Poppy groaned inwardly. ''Oh.'' She said.

So they talked and then he took her back to her place.

''Thanks for coming Poppy.'' He smiled.

''Yeah, it was nice.'' She smiled.

He kissed the top of her hand and left. Poppy had an idea and made a call.

The next morning Poppy went in and to Delta's office who was making coffee she turned and smiled at Poppy.

''Morning Darling.'' She smiled.

''Morning Delta.'' Poppy smiled.

''Want some?'' She asked.

''No thanks I'm good, so were you able to get those files?'' Asked Poppy.

''Yes, I did right there on the desk, I don't know why that Creek fella said it was hard to get I made a couple calls and it was easy.'' Delta said she turned around.

''Thanks.'' Poppy said.

''So how was the 'date' '' Delta asked.

''It wasn't a date but it wasn't bad, I won't do it again, did you know he was on Timber's case and got him locked up?'' Asked Poppy.

''Not surprised so why are you looking into Branch?'' Asked Delta.

''Well, something isn't adding up with his story, he only told me half of it and Creek said there was nothing to worry about. But I feel like Creek knows more then he lets on and if it frees Branch great.'' Poppy said.

''One might think there is something between you and Branch?'' Delta guessed.

Poppy stayed quiet she wasn't sure what she was gonna say, she couldn't deny it but she wasn't about to agree with Delta. ''No I just want him to be happy like all my others.'' She said walking out.

Delta watched and shook her head, thinking there was something going on between Branch and Poppy but she got to work.

Poppy had finished going over the file when she heard Hickory's voice. ''Bringing in Timber.''

In came Branch and Poppy turned and smiled feeling her heart go crazy.

''Hey Branch.'' 

''Hi Poppy.'' He smiled a sweet half smile that melted her inside.

''So how have you been?'' She asked as they sat down.

''Alright, I guess.'' He played with his fingers.

''What's the matter?'' She asked concerned.

''Sunset gets released tomorrow back in the cell.'' He said not looking up.

Poppy felt her heart go cold, this wasn't good. ''And your afraid he's gonna come for you?'' She asked.

He looked at her and gulped. ''No, he's gonna come for you. I don't know how but he usually finds away to get what he wants. But I won't let him hurt you.'' He said standing up getting on his knees and holding her hands.

''Branch-- that is sweet but I can take care of myself, and plus the others are here too. I'm concerned for you, you pulled him off of me and now he's locked up.'' She said holding his hands as well.

''I don't care about my safety Poppy I just want you safe.'' He said as he looked into her eyes.

She looked into his and felt her heart pound with how close he was and his eyes were beautiful. He stood up and let go of her looking down.

''S-Sorry. I know we aren't supposed to touch.'' He said.

''It's ok, I trust you over the others. But why don't you care about your safety?'' She asked.

''Because there is nothing out there for me, I don't have friends and I don't have my grandma or anybody really, I'll be alone as long as I'm in here I can see you, Hickory and Tresillo, and some of the others but eh I don't care.'' He said pacing around.

Poppy felt a tight knot in her stomach at that. He didn't care, she didn't like that and she knew she needed to get him to talk.

''Branch--I'm gonna ask you something be completely honest.'' She said feeling like she knew the answer.

''What?'' He asked.

''Did you kill your grandma?'' She asked seriously looking into his eyes.

He looked right into her eyes. ''No, I didn't.''

''I believe you-- but in order to clear your name I need you to be honest and open about everything.'' Poppy said.

Branch just stared at her. ''I'm telling you the truth.''

''So, start talking. I got your case here and I want to help free you, but I to hear your full version of the story.'' She said.

Branch nodded. ''Ok.''

''And you will have to talk about your grandma, I know it hurts but I'm here for you and we will get through it.'' She grabbed his hand and scooted her chair closer to his as he started talking.

Here we go. Next up Poppy and Branch talk about part of the case, Poppy does some looking into the case and Sunset is talking to someone from the outside. I will have an update on Friday or Saturday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70 3 8
Caught between loyalty to her savior and the allure of forbidden passion, Raine must navigate the treacherous waters of love, desire, and danger, as...
13K 350 22
I had to admit, he was cute. His eyes sparkled nervously and his lips were a lovely shade of natural red. He had his arms crossed over his chest, a g...
72.6K 3.6K 31
Poppy Mendez has hardly had the best start in life. But she's been given a second chance at happiness. Now living with the loved and respected Mendez...
2.2K 156 10
Something Tragic occurs in Poppy's life. The life of one woman who survives the unthinkable.