Lady Unlike Any

By _Praneeta_

Reputation! For Lord William Kentshire, reputation is the one thing that he treasured the most. The one thing... More

Author's Note
1. Crashing Reality
2. A Way Out
3. Sweet and Sour
4. Collision
5. Friend or Foe
6. The Other Side
7. An Exception
8. Miracle
9. Freckles
10. A Bold Move
11. Through Shadows
12. Escape
13. What is in the name?
14. Kiss
15. Shattering Glass
16. Nightmare
17. Dawn
18. Rays of Hope
19. Infiltration
20. Inferno
21. Revelation
22. Ripples
23. Exposed
24. Cowardice
25. Back To You
26. The Game Plan
27. Time Of Truth
28. Betrayal
29. Runaway Bride
31. Waves
32. Ablaze
33. Zenith

30. Witness

745 59 2
By _Praneeta_

"That's what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you're not so lovable." ― Deb Caletti

William was standing frozen in the doorway contemplating what he would say to his family on the other side of the door. Kathalina found it hilarious. He should be comforting her as they go to meet his family after they eloped and got married at Gretna Green.

William took in a deep breath and Kathalina chuckled for he was fretting for nothing. Kathalina didn't mind if his family refuse to accept her. She knew how to stand her ground. As long as she could be with William she would tolerate his family. She was never going to ask him to leave anyone but she sure wasn't going to stand there and take any disrespect.

She wasn't afraid of what lies ahead at all. It was like another adventure for her. She was excited that she wanted to barge in and tell everyone she had eloped and married their son, William Kentshire. She was so happy. It wasn't exactly how she dreamed of getting married but she did marry her prince charming who she loves and he loves her back.

She didn't mind the hasty wedding. Eloping was something she never expected. She wanted to get married at the church with her father walking her down the aisle. William waiting at the other end. But this was so much more fun than her wish. She knew she will have to beg at her parent's feet to forgive her and give her the grand wedding she always wanted.

The thought of her parents made her understand why William was feeling the way he was. But instead of contemplating all the things she should say and all the things she should do, the truth would still stay the same. She would rather get it over with than worry about it unnecessarily.

Finally, William seemed to have made up his mind as he signalled the footmen to open the door. The scene inside wasn't at all what was expected. Everyone was busy decorating the parlour, the orders sent around flying from everywhere. It was as if the preparation was being done hastily.

"William," Kathalina whispered tugging on his shirt sleeve, "Is there any celebration planned?"

"No, nothing," William replied dumbfounded.

Everyone was so focused on their work that no one even noticed the couple standing and watching the chaos for a long moment. William thought of simply sneaking through the crowd and making way to the bed chamber and taking a rest before they break news to the family.

The travel to Gretna Green and back had taken a toll on their bodies but they had simply buried it under all the excitement. But now they could feel the exhaustion taking over.  William whispered his plan to Kathalina and she knew he was trying to stall telling his family.

She smiled knowingly and agreed to his plan. She too needed to gather up energy if she was going to face the wrath of Kentshires. But before they could take two steps further someone whisper made everyone halt and all eyes turned to them.

They are here! They are here!

William could hear everyone murmuring and he hoped it wasn't them everyone was waiting for. There was no way there would be so much preparation done for him, but if his mother knew he would be bringing back a bride, she would go out of her way with the preparation.

Slowly and efficiently everyone started filing out of the parlour. His mother was first to arrive followed by Hannah. She saw them standing near the doorway and made her way toward them in rush.

With the smile, his mother wore it was clear his mother knew. He sent a disapproving look to Hannah for ratting him out.

"William, my dear darling," His mother said happily trying to hug his towering frame. William bent down to let his mother give him a kiss on the cheek and he placed a kiss on her forehead.

His mother's excitement made his heart fill with warmth. He has always been closer to his mother the most. She was the source of his inspiration, his confidence. He wasn't afraid anymore.

"Mother," He said confidently, "I would like to introduce you to, Lady Kathalina Liverpool, my wife."

Mother Kentshire narrowed her eyes at the couple and exclaimed, "Wife?"

William gulped at his mother's question.

"I ask forgiveness for I have married without your consent. But I hope you will accept us," He explained.

"What if I don't?" His mother asked folding her hands.

William was at loss momentarily, he never expected such a reaction from his mother. She was very much happy to accept Hannah and Oliver and her questioning about accepting Kathalina didn't make sense to him.

"My lady," Kathalina spoke to his mother directly, "I am pleased to meet you. I understand you are quite surprised by your son's announcement. But I would like to clear out that I am the one who kidnapped your son and eloped with him. I asked him to marry me at Gretna Green. So, whatever punishment you want to levy, I will accept it gladly."

Mother Kentshire looked in awe at Kathalina. She turned to Hannah with an incredulous smile on her face. She turned back to William with a raised brow for he hadn't answered her yet.

"I-I," William stammered, "I love her." He knew his mother needed to hear it.

Lady Kentshire chuckled. She might have stretched her fun too much. Kathalina held on to William's finger lightly. She might have underestimated the effect of his family's rejection.

But his mother smiled vibrantly and placed a kiss on Kathalina's forehead.

"Pardon me for my behaviour. I wanted to know if my son married you for the right reasons. I do not want any woman in my house to be with a man that doesn't love her, "Lady Kentshire explained to Kathalina, "The time you step foot in my house as my son's bride, there was no room for any other useless thoughts. Welcome to the family, darling."

Kathalina eyes watered and she embraced Lady Kentshire tightly without qualms. She wished her own mother would be accepting of her in the same way but she knew reality will be quite different.

She didn't get time to ponder on her thoughts when the ruckus of people entered the parlour.

"They are really here," Someone said. Kathalina immediately recognized the vibrant green eyes. It was Lord Sebastian, Kentshire's third son.

"Why are you standing there like a fool?" He said to William, "Introduce us to your bride."

William placed his arms at Kathalina's waist guiding her towards everyone. One by one he introduced his father, his both brothers, Hannah, and the twins.

"Where is Oliver?" William asked when everyone had settled down with tea and snacks.

"He is hiding from you," Hannah was one to answer his questions, "He thinks you will berate him for telling mother about you and Kathalina."

"It was him," William said bewildered.

"Yes. You thought it was me, didn't you?" Hannah looked at him with the disapproving look he had thrown her way a couple of minutes ago.

"You should go talk to him," Nick said. 

"No, let him suffer a little more," William replied.

Kathalina couldn't believe it. It felt like her wishful thinking. She never expected anything to be so easy and yet here she was already a part of the family. Everyone was talking about the wedding preparation like she didn't just elope with William and married at Gretna Green.

"We will need to hastily prepare for the wedding, I think we will be adequately prepared in 1 month from now," Mother Kentshire said, "There is so much to do."

"Mother," William interjected, "Let's set a date for the end of this week."

"That is not enough time," His mother said aghast.

"I agree, I do want a lavish wedding if I can get one," Kathalina spoke up hopeful.

William sighed. It seemed all his family was going to oppose him but he had bigger worries on his head. He didn't want to speak so soon and ruin the mood but he will need to make them understand why he wants the wedding to be as early as possible.

"I am worried about Lord Liverpool," William said carefully, "I do not want to give him time to find anything that will take Kathalina away from me."

Everyone looked at William with newfound wonder. They didn't know William was capable of caring about someone this much. They felt happiness radiating from him whenever he looked at Kathalina. The air was filled with content.

"No one can take her away from you," Oliver said from the doorway, "You married in the church in front of God and witnesses. There must be a sign of two witnesses on your marriage certificate to prove that."

"Well, about that!" William said.

-------------------------------------------------

If you like this chapter please vote, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 1.2K 11
She should just lean in and kiss him that could do the trick. She could feel his arousal press into her from where he had lifted her onto the wall. H...
The Lady in Black By Praneeta

Historical Fiction

126K 6K 25
HE HAS VOWED TO GRACE THE BED OF EVERY WIDOW IN LONDON... Nicholas Kentshire, Lord of Carlisle is enjoying his life as a notorious rake of London. Be...
91.3K 4.7K 19
Good girls don't go snooping where they don't belong. But Lady Delia Scarborough never claimed to be a good girl. Lady Delia Scarborough wants her s...