โœงโ˜…โญ’ยฐ ๐‘…๐‘œ๐‘”๐“Š๐‘’ โœงโ˜…โญ’ยฐ (A Yelen...

By Natalianiac

A Yelena x character story. Will be posting daily updates of this (unless I'm too busy) Open to requests for... More

Introductions
1. Lost
2. ...and found
3. The Conversation
4. The scheming
5. Trip down to Memory Lane
6. Desperation
7. The twist
9. Liberation
10. Confusion
11. The Shock
12. The reunion

8. The mission that went south

15 0 0
By Natalianiac

Natalya's POV
I was waiting anxiously in my room for Lena to grab our stuff and go. It was my first ever mission, after all.

Chill. You can do this. I thought, as I knew that I was going to fail.

"Oh, don't be such a worryrat. I know that you'll succeed. Besides, we did it in training for tons of times. You'll be all right."

"Yeah, What if I screw up?"

"Oh, you won't." She said, and I looked straight into her eyes, intensely. She did the same, even more intensely. She was telling the truth.

"Good. That's nice to know." I said, and turned away from her. I had stuffed my cell phone in my pocket just in case.

"Good to go?" She asked. I nodded, and took my stuff with me.

"So... what are you going to do when we get to the target?" She asked.

"Oh, I don't know, electrocute her and get it done?"

"Yeah, but she's going to put up a hell of a fight."

"Yes, and I'll suppress her, and get it done." I said to her as if it was not rocket science. BUt as a matter of fact, killing one, staging the perfect murder, was just ever so hard.

"Ok." She said, and sighed.

"I guess we'll see if you're fit for this line of work." She said, and I continued staring into the sky though the chopper.

*****************************************

Natasha's POV
I was chilling in the lounge when Steve found me.

"Hey, Nat? I'm sorry for that awkward thing back there."

"It's ok, just leave me alone, will you?"

"Why?"

"I'm focusing. I have something as my plan and I'm getting the kid out."

"How did you do it?"

"I... I went on the Dark Web. And the Ethernet. Sorry."

"Just don't apologise yet. What did you really do?"

"I sent out a notice there, asking for someone who was really good at extraction missions, and I got one."

"Who?"

"Through the anonymous user that I created online, and some more breadcrumbs of online activity, someone fell for it. And brace yourself, it isn't good." I said, and turning my laptop towards him. He took a glance at it, and looked away.

"Her?"

"Yes."

"No way."

"I know. But just wait for it, that person, the one who tried to kill you once, is my sister. Sorry not sorry."

"How can you do this?" He asked.

"Desperate times, desperate measures."

"Fine. Where is she?"

"In the endgame of our little chess game with the Red Room."

"And what is she doing there?"

"As a mentor. And I know, I shouldn't have sent her there due to her very complicated past. And it was what I had to do. If I went there as a mentor, they would've made me immediately. Lena worked for them for a longer time than I have done so. So... that is why I sent her." I concluded, and Steve glared at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Just want to say that it's not your fault. I'm sorry that I have doubted you. I mean, by not helping you and stuff like that. I'm sorry for that.

"It's okay. Just stay out of my business now. And that's by helping me." I said, and ran upstairs and slammed the door right in front of his face. I felt a bit guilty of doing that but I just couldn't do it. Being stopped by him. I had to focus on my objective. 

*************************************

Yelena's POV

I had got Natalya out of the very cramped cell room.

"Why did you want me to come and be with you on an objective?"

"Because I know that you're ready for it." I said, averting her gaze.

'That still doesn't explain why you sent me on that. You know that I might screw up."

"With me here, no." To be honest, it was counting on how I get her out of the Room.

"We're here." The pilot said, and opened the back door.

"Uh... how are we getting out of the helicopter?"

"The obvious way." I said, and grabbed a parachute and handed her one.

"Great. We're jumping. And hopefully I won't break some bones."

"You won't. Is it your first time?"

"Well, yeah. Of course. How do you expect a kid to jump out of a helicopter?"

"Never mind. Hope that you survive. Just follow me." I said, and the lights turned red.

"Ready to deploy in five seconds." I said to her.

"Oh my god, this really is happening." She said, and I jumped first into the clouds of moisture.

"Come on! It's fun!" I yelled down up onto the copter. She looked down, uncertain."

"Now or never! Kid!"

"All right." She said, closing her eyes and jumped off. The back doors closed behind her.

She found herself freefalling. I stretched out my four limbs and started to glide like a possum, waiting for her.

"This is so thrilling. Just forget what I said before."

"Yeah. I told you so."

"And don't deploy at the wrong time, too early, you'll never see land, and too late, splat, sphagetti bolognese for lunch."

"That is a creepy metaphor."

"That was what my mentors said for the first time when I did this."

"Oh." She said, and the monitors for my oxygen mask told me that I was losing altitude quickly.

"Get ready to deploy. Any time now." I said, looking at her.

"Yeah, sure." Her voice was trembling.

"Just be brave. This is the hardest part." Also the part where most people die.

"Deploy. Deploy! DEPLOY!!" My mask screamed at me, and I tugged at the strings to my parachute, only to find that it was jammed. Lucky for safety designs. I had put my secondary parachute as my main and tugged it just right on time before I landed splat on the pavement as bird food in Manhattan.

She tugged on her ropes with great difficulty. She was a kid, after all.

"Now or never!" I yelled up towards her.

"I'm trying." She yelled back in exasperation. And finally, she got the ropes sorted out and tugged on it. I was never so relieved. The boss would not kill me.

"So... where are we going to go?" She asked me, once we landed on the pavement in an alley.

"That was fun, did you think? And we have to go to this address."

"Easy. Call an Uber."

"What's an Uber?" I asked.

"You never heard of an Uber?" She asked, thinking that I was impossible.

"Yeah, I'm from Russia."

"And I don't know where I'm from but I just know what an Uber is. Weird, huh?"

"Yeah." She flagged down a car on the ground. Surprisingly it stopped.

"Is it your car?"

"No, I hired one with my phone."

"This is impossible."

"Come on, get on." She said, ignoring my complaints.

"To this address. ASAP. I'll rate yuou a five star and give you $10 more."

"Yes madam."

****************************************

Natalya's POV

Lena completely ignored the exsistence of an Uber in the city. I guess that she has never been in New York before. And so haven't I. But why did I know? That's a question for another day.

After a bumpy ride, we arrived at the address.

"Is that it?" She asked. I was too busy gawking at the architecture. Whoever designed this, he or she had taste.

"Yes. This is the location."

"Where is he? The target?"

"He's inside I guess?"

"Maybe." I said, dashing in. But I didn't get too far due to the fact that when I was about to step in, someone in a hood appeared out of nowhere and started attacking me. Then they called for reinforcements and I knew that we were dead meat. Two against fifty, simple mathematics could tell that we were seriously outgunned.

Sooner than I know, someone put a black hood over me and shoved me into a van. I knew that I was about to die.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 89 21
Natasha is dead. Steve can't process her death, because she was his true love. But Natasha never knew that. Is there a way to bring her back? (This...
47.3K 1.7K 52
โ–ถ BOOK 2 OF THE DMITRI TRILOGY โ–ถ ๐™ฑ๐™ป๐™ฐ๐™ฒ๐™บ ๐š†๐™ธ๐™ณ๐™พ๐š† โ–ถ แด˜แด๊œฑแด› แด„ษชแด ษชสŸ แดกแด€ส€ - แด˜ส€แด‡ ษชษด๊œฐษชษดษชแด›ส แดกแด€ส€ โ๐˜'๐˜๐˜Œ ๐˜Ž๐˜–๐˜› ๐˜™๐˜Œ๐˜‹ ๐˜–๐˜• ๐˜”๐˜  ๐˜“๐˜Œ๐˜‹๐˜Ž๐˜Œ๐˜™, ๐˜ˆ๐˜•๐˜‹...
178K 4.2K 35
[EDITED] The Red Room, the place that two of the well-known Avengers - Natasha Romanoff and Yelena Belova - grew up. The two sisters destroy the plac...
48.5K 1.8K 17
This story has been edited and updated for the final time. It can be found on ao3 under the same title. โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข...