Life, Love, & Lies

By Sprinting_Ginger

Having no control of your own life is tiring, but being given the chance to take back control is terrifying... More

Info
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Epilogue

Forty-Three

28 3 0
By Sprinting_Ginger

"Is it weird that I already miss the tour?" Reese wanders through the living room and into the kitchen at about noon, yawning as she does.

"It's been two days, and you have slept ninety percent of those two days." LoLo laughs, looking up from the book in her hands.

"I know, but when I wake up and remember my band is a fucking mess, I don't have a show to look forward to, and I'm not in some cool city somewhere foreign, it bums me out." Reese laughs sadly, finding a premixed smoothie drink in the fridge before wandering back across the room to sit across from LoLo in the living room.

"I hope Matt and Milo figure out their shit with Zach too, I would hate to see the end of Pier 6 so early in such a promising career."

"Plus us ending would also end your job." Reese chuckles.

"That too." LoLo nods, "Got any real plans for today now that you've slept through our first two days back in LA?"

"I think so, I have a few friends who have been blowing up my phone since we got back. Might make some plans with them this afternoon. What about you?"

"Gonna look through some real estate listings, talk to my aunt probably, not sure fully. Just gonna have a slow day again probably." LoLo shrugs, glancing down as her phone vibrates beside her.

Zach

First draft of your
book's gonna be
done within a day
or two! I want you
to read it asap and
give your feedback. 

"You are welcome to stay here as my roommate for as long as you want, LoLo, you know that right?"

"I know, and I love you to death, Reese, but my own space sounds so nice."

"I get that. Alright, I'm going to go make myself look like a human again, have a good day if I don't see you before you head out, if you head out." Reese offers, pushing off the couch and heading back down the hall. Contemplating for a minute, LoLo pulls herself from her chair and book, wandering to the guest bedroom she had been staying in to find what she needs.

It takes twenty minutes to get across town to the house she is headed to, her hands shaking slightly as she slings her bag over her shoulder. Zach had begged her to wait until they were back in LA, and they had been back for a couple days, so there is no point in waiting any longer. Especially with the book nearly complete, it's time to face the music.

Taking a deep breath she lifts her fist, knocking on the wooden door in front of her, waiting as she hears shuffling beyond the door. Swallowing sharply as Matt answers the door, a look of surprise crossing his face as he sees her standing on the porch.

"Hey." She offers slightly awkwardly.

"Hi, LoLo. Is there something I can help you with?" He recovers slightly, motioning for her to step into the house.

"Is Milo home? I was hoping I could talk to both of you about something important."

"Did I hear my name?" Milo appears around the corner as Matt leads her into the living room."

"Ya, um I want to talk to you guys about something. Do you have some time?"

"Ya we have some time. What's going on? You look nervous." Milo answers, settling himself onto the couch as he keeps his focus on her, Matt sitting down beside him.

"Um, you're not going to like this, I mean you might, but you're also going to be super mad at me." LoLo starts, dropping the backpack from her shoulder to the floor as she settles onto the loveseat facing them.

"You seem rather certain of that fact, so would you like to elaborate on why we are going to hate you after today?" Matt almost smirks, seeming to think she is overthinking whatever it is she has to share with them.

"Um, ya." She sighs, unzipping the bag and reaching for the thick black fabric first, pulling out the old Nets hoodie she had sent to LA with the box they had packed up at the penthouse in New York. "So, I've kind of been withholding a lot of truths from both of you, basically lying really." She sighs, unfolding the sweatshirt and laying it across the coffee table between them.

"Where did you get this?" Matt's cheery disposition is gone in an instant, his face paling.

"I stole it off your bed almost six years ago..." She answers, biting her lower lip as she watches both of their reactions.

"You, her, what?" Milo glances between her and the hoodie with a look of complete shock.

"I also stole this, but I didn't realize I had until I found it at the penthouse over the month off between tour legs..." She offers, pulling a New York Yankees ball cap out of the bag, setting it beside the hoodie.

"Is that...'' Milo looks like he's seen a ghost.

'Your hat? Ya. I got it for you for your sixteenth birthday. You wanted something so inherently New York, and that was within the price range you gave me." She nods. "You must have left it at the penthouse sometime close to when the arrest happened."

"But," Matt is pale, his eyes studying her with clouds of confusion behind them. "You've worked for us for months, eight of them to be exact... Why now? Why not in January?"

"I was scared. I'm still scared. There's a lot to unpack, but please, stop being angry with Zach over it... it's my fault not his that he has been writing the book."

"I– what? I don't understand." Milo shakes his head, something in his eyes looking very hurt suddenly.

"It's me... I'm Felicity Abernathy, and Lauren Anderson. I can explain all of that mess too, if you need. I wanted you two to know before the world finds out. I'm done hiding, and Zach has helped me a lot over the last four or five months with accepting all of the parts of me. I never would have found the courage to face you two as all of me without him. The lawyers don't know anything about the book, or that Zach figured out who I was. Anja knows, she's actually really excited to get to see both of you again, and to get to visit her family again."

"Stop." Matt shakes his head, "You can't be Lyss, you can't! I would have known."

"I am though! Milo and I met in the first class on the first day of sophomore year. He had just moved to New York from Germany and kids in the class were making fun of his accent. He introduced us to each other that same day at lunch, Matt, and we hit it off well when I called all the trust fund kids, like I was, asshats. We were inseparable for two full years before Matt kissed me outside the school a week into senior year, when I got back from Paris late due to ballet stuff. Then we were still inseparable, but you and I were a couple, and Milo was the best third wheel we could have asked for. The night my dad was arrested I ran to your apartment in Brooklyn and cried to you for hours. Less than a week later I saw you both for the last time at Milo's house where his parents prepared a huge German Christmas feast. I had the perfect Christmas gifts planned for each of you, and I didn't get to give them to you." She reaches into the bag again, producing two tattered but still wrapped gifts, setting the red one in front of Matt and the green in front of Milo.

"No!" Milo yells suddenly, "No. You need to leave. I refuse to believe this, to think you have lied to us for eight fucking months."

"Milo! I had to!"

"No you didn't. You could have said anything, you could have come clean."

"You don't know, you can't even try to know, or comprehend, the hell that has been my life since the arrest five and a half years ago. If you don't want to hear it from me, you can read it when Zach publishes his book, because it is all about me, and all about my truths in the story you keep telling the world is wrong. He's the first one who's done it right, and it's almost ready to be bid on for publishing." She shakes her head, "I just wanted you guys to know before everyone else. I thought you deserved that from me."

"Lyss?" Matt whispers her name, his eyes still studying her with shock written behind them.

"Ya Matt, it's me." She smiles at him through her emotions.

"Leave, now." Milo barks again, pointing towards the door.

"I'm sorry, for everything." She sighs, grabbing the now empty backpack at her feet and doing as he asks. Sitting herself on the front step as she calls for a car, flinching as she hears yelling from behind her in the house. She knew it would be a shock for them, but seeing the pain and confusion in their eyes hurt more than she had expected.

—-----------------------
So, she dropped that bomb, how do you think it turns out for her?

Can they accept what she's been keeping from them?

Vote and comment!

I love you guys!!!

~M =)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 179 44
Hiraeth-(n.) a homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost...
266K 6.4K 40
"Sometimes we know what's best for other people, even though they can't see it themselves." ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ Love is never easy. Except for Linds...
81.4K 1.2K 15
Ayra, a target for many terrorists, her high status keeps her hidden away from society. As an 18 year old girl, it's tough, having no friends and alw...
29.2K 1.1K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...