CARPE DIEM, REGULUS BLACK

By superpink24

๐‚๐€๐‘๐๐„ ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐„๐Œ; โShe always thought the universe should hold more kindness within it, especially for him... More

PREFACE.
epigraph
casting & prologue.
I - regulus black.
II - million tiny butterflies.
IV - halloween.
V - possible progress.
VI - new beginnings.
VII - I miss you, dear friend.
VIII - hello, december.
IX - damn you.
X - silly crush.
XI- who is regulus black?
XII- slow mend
ACT TWO!
XIII- summer, baby!
XIV - past regrets & possible beginnings?
XV - sacred twenty-eight (what the hell!)

III - study sessions.

2.3K 72 21
By superpink24

≿————- ❈ ————-≾
study sessions.
≿————- ❈ ————-≾

      "HE JUST STARTED GOING through my bag, like he was entitled to!" Daisy whispered to both Brady and Cassie as they made their way down to the greenhouses for their Herbology lesson.

     When they arrived in the greenhouses the trio huddled together in the back as more students filed in.

     "He really went into your bag?" Brady asked with a frown.

     "She already said that!" Cassie rolled her eyes, "The important question is why?"

     "To retrieve some stupid letter he supposedly sent me," Daisy said with a roll of her eyes as Professor Sprout arrived brushing the soil off her robes. To nobody's surprise, Professor Sprout started their lesson by lecturing them about the importance of their O.W.L.S.

     Daisy felt as if she was going to fall asleep on the spot, as the teacher droned on. Cordelia Brown from Hufflepuff standing in front of them was talking Marina Bones' ear off, as other students whispered to their friends or rocked back and forth on their heels waiting for the lecture to be over.

     "Why is she talking already about exams?" Brady asked, "all this is going to do is stress me out, it is only the end of September!"

     As Sprout dismissed them to go she announced, "Four to a tray — there is a large supply of pots here — compost in the sacks over there — and be careful of the Venomous Tentacula, it's teething."

     Daisy grimaced at the sight of the tentacula. Who thought this class was a good idea? She thought to herself. "Ew," She said as she stood at a tray.

     "They're kinda cute?" Brady tried but considering he was standing a few inches away, Daisy assumed he was a little liar.

     "Yeah, and I fancy Filch," Cassie scoffed, as she joined them with a pot. "Seriously though, these are vile."

     "I'm not touching it," Brady shook his head frantically.

     "Oh, but aren't they cute, Brady?" Daisy cooed, as she took soil and scooped it into the pot.

     "The cutest," Said Brady dryly.

     "So, what was in the letter?" Cassie asked curiously, "A love declaration, perhaps?" She teased.

     "No," Daisy sighed, "I don't even think it existed, maybe he sent it to the wrong person, I haven't looked. I was too busy trying to get the hell out of there."

         "He is an odd one," Brady nodded along.

         "I wish he was my odd one," Daisy said with a pout on her lips.

     "Salazar, you're insufferable," Cassie whispered as she dodged the Venomous Tentacula, she swore loudly as one of the vines slapped her arm.

"Merlin, are you okay?" Daisy asked, looking concerned.

"Fine," Cassie seethed as she held her arm, seemingly in pain. "Seriously how does a plant even have teeth!?"

"Oh goodness, dear, are you alright?" Sprout asked rushing over to Cassie.

"Yup," Cassie chimed with a forced grin, "Just a pinch—" she cut herself off with a groan.

"Goodness, dear, it definitely nipped you there in the arm," Sprout said, taking Cassie's arm to inspect it. "Up to the hospital wing... you... Miss Ixora, please escort her to Madam Pomfrey."

Daisy nodded and picked up her bag walking out with Cassie.

Daisy stood beside Cassie as Madam Pomfrey healed the burn on the blonde's arm. "How on earth did you get stung?" She had asked.

"Hell if I know!" Cassie exclaimed

"She walked too close," Daisy said as she walked around, her fingertips brushing on the beds as she paced up and down. "I'm going back to class, Cass...get better!" She spoke as she made her way to the door.

"No!" Cassie spoke sternly, "You're staying with me, I don't want to go through this alone."

"I hate blood though," Daisy mumbled.

"I don't spot any blood here," Cassie deadpanned.

Daisy groaned as she took a seat beside Cassie. Making sure nobody was watching, the brunette reached a hand into her bag to retrieve her bright pink cassette tape, she had somehow convinced Dumbledore to allow her parents to spell it to work at the school. Daisy put on the headphones attached and turned on some random muggle band her brother got her.

Cassie rolled her eyes at her friend. Madam Pomfrey had left the girls to wait for the wound the heal.

"Come on, Daisy, don't you think you are being a tad dramatic?"

"Nope!" Daisy shook her head her eyes tightly closed.

"Wait," Cassie started her eyes landing on a figure in the back corner of the room, "Flower, is that Black over there?"

     Daisy opened an eye to peek over to see Regulus digging through a basket of what seemed to be potions. She raised a brow and looked back over at Cassie and shrugged before turning her attention back over to the raven-haired boy.

     "What is he doing?"  Daisy asked.

     Cassie shrugged, "I have no clue, maybe he is hurt?"

     "Should we go check on him?" Daisy asked worriedly.

     "No, we definitely should not," Cassie responded shooting Daisy a look as if to say, don't you dare. "That is his business and his business alone, not ours to mess with, babe."

     "But—"

     "No buts!" Cassie cut in knowing the brunette was going to argue with her, "Just let him be! Besides aren't you meeting him tonight at 8?"

     "Yeah..." Daisy sighed.

     "Then leave him," Cassie said, "Besides, what if I were to pass out and die when you could've saved me but you were too busy over there flirting with Mr. Pretty Eyes?"

     "Yeah, yeah," Daisy waved her off.

     All of a sudden Brady came bursting into the room, his eyes surveying the room for his two friends.

     Catching sight of them he ran over to the duo immediately sitting down next to Cassie. Daisy noticed Cassie's eyes light up at the sight of him, but chose to ignore it. "Are you okay?" Brady asked.

     "Yeah, it was just a bite," Cassie scoffed, "I'm all cool."

     "Thank Helga!" Brady beamed, "Daisy, you should go sneak down to the kitchens and get some Pumpkin Pasties. The elves adore you so it should be no trouble."

     "Aye, aye, Captain!" Daisy saluted with a small laugh getting up from the chair and making her way out.

     On her way towards the door she heard Brady comment to Cassie, "I know how much you like them."  And Cassie responds with, "I'm not on my death bed." Daisy grinned hearing Brady being so sweet, and Cassie being her usual self, though she could hear the smile on her face.

     A dozen pumpkin pasties later Daisy was sitting in the back of the Library where Regulus had not so nicely requested they meet. Daisy picked away at her already chipped red nail polish as she leaned back in her chair wasting the night away.

     Though, Daisy was very excited to spend time with Regulus as she had not stopped talking Brady's ear off about it. She had even arrived at the Library half an hour early so she would be the first one there in hopes that Regulus would think of her a she was smart (stupid, right?)

     Daisy was never the type to overwork herself for school. She always seemed to do averagew on all her exams. The girl claimed she didn't need to be smart to be a fashion designer.

     As the clock hit 8 pm, Regulus came strolling into the Library sitting across from Daisy.

     Daisy shot him a small smile and waved awkwardly.

     He merely glanced at her.

     Daisy sighed.

     "Okay," Regulus started, "I have already written the first essay so just write something adequate for the second and we should be done."

     Daisy pursed her lips, "Fine," she started, "Um, the Strengthening Solution is a potion that gives the uh drinker super strength. It is brewed in at least three- no, two stages, requiring several days to mature in between, and some of the ingredients needed to make it is salamander blood and powdered Griffin claw."

     "Good enough," Regulus sighed.

     "No need to be rude," Daisy muttered under her breath so Regulus wouldn't hear.

     "I heard that," Regulus said sharply, "I am not being rude, Ixora. I am merely trying to earn us a good grade, given your highest grades are only Exceeds Expectations."

     "How the merlin did you know that?" Said Daisy, shocked.

     "I do my research on who I'm dealing with," He said casually as he scribbled down words with his quill.

     "No offense or anything, but you do realize that is not normal, considering I am only a partner for a one-time potions assignment?" She asked, slightly offended.

     "Find someone who cares."

     "Merlin, why are you so rude?" She asked finally defending herself, "I have been nice to you, don't treat me like dirt."

     Daisy briefly saw something flash in his eyes as he slightly shook his head, "Let's just get this done," he muttered.

   "You know if you were nice we could be friends," Daisy added hopefully.

    Regulus scoffed, "I don't need friends, I'm satisfied on my own,"

     "You shouldn't be," She said, "you don't need to be alone all the time."

    "That is enough!" Regulus said, "I can finish it now, thank you."

     Daisy looked at him confused, "okay?"

     "Yeah."

     "I'm not going to give up on you," She added as he turned his back on her.

     Regulus looked back and she swore she saw his eyes soften as they went back to their forever stone-cold expression as he left.

     Daisy sighed feeling disappointed as she picked up her bag ready to go. She scowled as a piece of parchment fell out of the front pocket. Daisy figured she must have left it open.

     The brunette groaned as she bent down to pick it up. Daisy opened up the parchment and read the perfect cursive as her jaw dropped.

     She was reading the letter Regulus had told her he had sent. Her eyes went to the doorway in hopes to catch Regulus before he left but to her dismay, it was too late.

     As Daisy left the Library that night she had one thing on her mind: become Regulus Black's friend. This wouldn't be very hard considering she was the definition of a social butterfly. The only issue she had to face was build up the courage to talk to him.

     She wasn't a Gryffindor for a reason.

    So, she made a goal with herself: Become his friend in a day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.5K 2.4K 32
you drew stars around my scars. ยฉ fragilehaze
1.6M 57.6K 93
โ”โ”โ” ๐Œ๐ˆ๐’๐‚๐‡๐ˆ๐„๐… | โ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž'๐—๐–พ ๐—๐–บ๐—„๐–พ๐—‡ ๐—†๐—’ ๐—๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐—, ๐—๐–บ๐—‡๐— ๐—๐—ˆ ๐—๐–บ๐—„๐–พ ๐—†๐—’ ๐—…๐–บ๐—Œ๐— ๐—‡๐–บ๐—†๐–พ ๐–บ๐—Œ ๐—๐–พ๐—…๐—…?โž โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ *:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง *:๏ฝฅ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ...
825K 20.1K 116
๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ ๐“ค๐“น ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐““๐“ช๐“ป๐“ด๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ ๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ช ๐“๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ช ๐““๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ต. The brightest and sweetest witch in her year. She could neve...
679K 23.1K 120
๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฌ๏ฟฝ...