Rise of Kings and Queens

By lobo1989

The year is 0026 in the United World Century. Esme Cyr and her squad are the new world military leaders. Thei... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 11

20 7 23
By lobo1989

WORLD MILITARY LEADERS ARRIVE IN MEXICO OVER THEIR LACK OF HELP WITH THE HAITIAN REFUGEES.

By L.M.Taurus

11/17/0026 UWC

10 hours before headline

"I still don't know why they sent you here too," said Arlo as he arrived outside the estate of Mexico's president.

"I was sent here because apparently you don't know how to act," said Yelena Sokolov.

"I don't know what you are referring to."

"You know exactly what I'm referring to." Yelena stopped Arlo before he could enter the building and straighten his uniform. They were both wearing their purple world military leader uniforms. "The press is tearing you apart. Honestly, you're making all of us look bad."

"I don't know why any of you pay attention to the press. Who cares what they think."

"The people care," answered Yelena. "If we look incompetent in front of the cameras, then we look incompetent around the world. No one is going to respect an incompetent leader."

"Do you believe I'm an incompetent leader?" asked Arlo as she finished fixing his suit.

"I know you're not, which is the reason it infuriates me when you give the impression that you aren't competent. Now let's go. I would like to hear why the leader of Mexico hasn't stepped up to do their part." Yelena opened the door and entered the building.

Ahead of Yelena and Arlo was a world military royal officer. Not just anyone, but the leader of their squad. You can spot a world military royal guard by their gold armor. All of the world leaders have their own world military royal guards. A squad of 12. The best of the best. These guards are loyal to their leaders and the world military.

As part of the world military leaders, Arlo's job is to go to each country and make sure everything is alright with the world leaders. He does this job by communicating with the leaders and their royal officers.

"Mr. Windsor, Ms. Sokolov," said the royal guard. "I wasn't expecting two world military leaders today."

"This is a special occasion," answered Yelena. "It's good to see you again, Aracely."

"Likewise," said the royal guard, Aracely. "May I ask what's the occasion?"

"Have you been reading the news? There's an anti movement against the Haitian refugees."

"Yes, I've heard. Terrible news. People without a home and now this. There are some people who cannot get a break."

"Seems that way," said Yelena. "We're here to speak with Delfina Cordero and see if she can help these people."

"Understood," said Aracely. "Follow me this way."

Aracely led the way while Yelena and Arlo followed. Yelena noticed Arlo was checking Aracely out. She elbowed him and he made a I'm sorry gesture. The three entered an office where they found a woman sitting behind a desk and a man sitting on that desk in front of her. Yelena quickly recognised them as Delfina Cordero, the president of Mexico, and her husband, Andres Cordero.

"President Cordero," said Aracely. "Ms. Sokolov and Mr. Windsor are here to see you."

Both Delfina and Andres stood up. "Now this is a surprise," said Delfina. "I wasn't expecting a visit from a world military leader for a couple of months, but here I have two of them."

"What brings you to this part of the world?" asked Andres.

"Do you mind if we sit?" asked Yelena.

"Of course," said Delfina, gesturing towards the couch.

Arlo spotted a tequila bottle on the counter to the side. "Do you mind if I have a drink?" he asked, and Yelena glared at him.

"Of course you can have one," said Andres as he went to the bottle. "Mi casa es su casa."

"Thank you," said Arlo as he followed. "You're so generous."

Andres poured a drink for everyone. He handed Arlo a drink, then tried to hand Delfina, Yelena and Aracely ones. The women all refused. "Seems it's just us," he said to Arlo. "Salud." Arlo returned the gesture and the two took a shot.

"What brings you here?" Delfina asked Yelena. "I hope there's nothing bad going on in my country."

"I'll get to the point quickly," said Yelena. "We're here because of your poor response to the Haitian refugees. 11 countries took in refugees, but the country in charge of Haiti did not. It has also been brought to my attention that Mexico has not donated to the efforts to rebuild Haiti. The reason I'm here is to find out why."

Everyone in the room was quiet. The only noise that could be heard was Arlo gulping, before grabbing another drink.

Delfina stared at Yelena, who didn't break her sight away from the Mexican leader. Delfina was the first to break eye contact and she turned to look at her husband. "I think I will have a drink."

Andres brought Delfina her drink and stood at her back.

Delfina down her shot and cleared her throat. She then returned her attention to Yelena. "You make it sound like it's that simple."

"Because it is that simple," said Yelena. "Haiti got hit by the hurricane, not Mexico, so why can't Mexico help them?"

Delfina gestured to her husband to bring her another drink. This time Andres made her a mixed drink instead of a shot. The room was quiet as he did this. Delfina and Yelena were glaring at each other. Andres brought his wife the drink and she took a sip.

"You want to know why Mexico hasn't responded to Haiti's call for help," said Delfina. "Well, that's because we didn't think it was necessary for us to help."

"Clarify," said Yelena.

"Like you said earlier, 11 countries took in the refugees. Haiti is made up of 11 million people and there's plenty of space for them in those 11 countries, so we didn't think it necessary to offer help. The reason why we haven't donated to the efforts to rebuild their country are the same. They have plenty of help, don't you think?"

"So let me get this straight, your reason for not helping is because everyone else beat you to it?"

"Correct. Plus, we aren't financially as stable as some of those countries that helped."

"You've heard what's been going on with the refugees? The crimes against them?"

"Yes, but I know you're not insinuating that it is somehow our fault?"

"No, but don't you think those people would be a lot safer in your country?"

"That's not necessarily true," said Delfina. "The language barrier is still going to be a problem in our territories. Haitians mostly speak French while most of my territories speak Spanish."

"Don't Haitians share their island with a Spanish speaking country?"

"You're talking about the Dominican Republic. You think those two countries get along with one another? Tell me, how much has the Dominican Republic helped in the efforts of rebuilding Haiti?"

Yelena glared at Delfina while Arlo came to stand next to Yelena. "Have the Dominicans been helping?" he whispered, but everyone still heard his question.

"No," Yelena answered to the entire room. "They used the same financial excuse as Mexico."

"It's not an excuse," said Delfina. "It's a fact. I'm sorry, but this part of the world hasn't been doing as well as others."

"Then maybe you shouldn't be in charge of Haiti," said Yelena. "Maybe we should give that territory to another of the great countries."

"You make it sound like it's a wanted commodity. If you can find someone who's willing to take it, go for it. Remember Haiti is a package deal. They would be taking the Dominican Republic as well."

"Delfina," said Andres. "Can we talk in private?"

"If it involves politics, you can say it in front of the world military leaders," said Delfina. She stared at Yelena and Arlo. "We're all equals here. Well, me and these two are equals."

"I recommend you think twice before you give up those countries," said Andres. "You don't want to go down in history as the Mexican president who lost Haiti and the Dominican Republic to another of the great countries."

Delfina scoffed. "No one is going to take those countries. They're just responsibility with no reward."

"If I can find someone to take them, will you sign the papers giving ownership of those countries to them?" asked Yelena.

"If you can find someone dumb enough to do that, I'll signed the papers."

"Delfina," protested Andres, but she raised her hand to silence him.

"But in the meantime," said Delfina. "The Haitian refugees in Korea can relocate to Mexico. We'll provide them shelter against the terrorists."

Yelena stood up and Delfina did the same. "I'll pass along the information to the other leaders," said Yelena, offering her hand to Delfina. "Thank you for your help."

Delfina shook Yelena's hand. "You're welcome."

Yelena and Arlo left, closing the door behind them. Yelena walked at a fast pace while Arlo tried to keep up. "What a bitch."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174 18 9
Governments throughout the world have collapsed and merged into one governmental entity. War broke out, which lead to a massive nuclear explosion tha...
112 0 11
welcome to supersoldier gaming's world super world a world with monsters, war, terrorist, super powered fighters who either abuse their power and use...
1.7K 290 40
The year is 2117. The United States, up to this point, has been through three major World Wars. After World War III, the country didn't get much time...
423 33 13
Formerly known as The Last Day On Earth A hundred years ago, a terrifying alien race invaded and enslaved Earth, taking away all freedom of choice. T...