Love Is In The Air - Charles...

By yellowcharles

Alex was on a plane to Barcelona. Unexpectedly she made friends with two guys who sat next to her. They were... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
authors note - important announcement

chapter 24

4.3K 57 1
By yellowcharles

Alex's POV:
I still don't quite know how Charles persuaded me to go with him to the paddock today. But I had flown down to Australia to support him so I felt like I couldn't just sit in our hotel room. I wore a pretty dress that was black. I felt confident in this dress so that probably made me gather the courage to actually go down to the paddock.

Me and Charles sat in the car on our way to the circuit in Melbourne. I sat looking out the window watching how the surroundings was stunning. I felt Charles moving his hand to my thigh. I lived feeling his hands on me.

-Are you nervous? he asked with his lovely French accent.

-Yes but I want to be here with you, I said looking at him while he continued to drive.

The circuit wasn't that far away so we arrived quickly. Charles also decided to park were less people park. That way we wouldn't be met by as many photographers.

I walked into the paddock before Charles. We had said that I would meet him in his driver room in about 20 minutes. Everything was going great. I hadn't been seen by anyone, until I hear someone calling my name. I didn't know that many people in the paddock so I didn't know who it was. I turned around and was met by a face I had seen before. I just couldn't say where.

-Oh I thought it was you Alex, the guy said with a friendly smile and French accent.

-Hi, I said shyly still not remembering which he was.

-Oh, I'm Pierre we met a couple of races ago.

I think he realized that I could remember him.

-Oh yes, you're Charles's friend, I said now realizing everything.

-Ah yes, he said smiling. I didn't see you in the paddock yesterday.

-Em no I didn't feel well so I didn't come, I said looking down at my feet.

It wasn't like I was going to tell Charles's friend about my fear of the media. We talked for a bit more until he said he had to go. I continued to the Ferrari motorhome and entered. I got a few looks, but went straight to Charles's room. When I got in he was already there.

-Did you get lost? he asked hugging me.

-Oh no I actually didn't, I said embracing him back. I met Pierre, your friend.

-Ah yes that makes sense, Charles said.

We hung out in his room for a while. We layed on his small sofa. It was quite the squeeze to make us both fit, but it was cozy. Charles had to leave to get ready for the race. He said goodbye and gave me a kiss before leaving.

I laid back on the sofa but it wasn't the same without Charles. I got out my phone and started checking some socials. There wasn't much on there so I put on the TV and watched the pre race show. I knew that Charles had qualified in P5, but both him and I knew anything could happen. After about 45 minutes the race finally started.

It's light out and away we go...

Charles got a great start making him advancing to third place. I was happy that he seemed to be able to follow the two cars in front. Charles was the first of the three leading cars to pit. The strategy side of the racing always made me nervous because you never knew if what the other teams was smarter than you.

By pitting earlier Charles could undercut the car infront. He was close to the leading car and was gaining. He was now within a second to the leading car. When passing the pit straight Charles passed the car by turn one. I got up form the sofa jumping of joy. By turn five though the car got back on Charles. There was only five laps left of the race and right now both of them was doing everything to win this race.

On the last lap they where still going at it. I got nervous, I really wanted Charles to win. Charles was slightly behind, but just when I thought he wouldn't be able to pass the driver infront he did. The other driver had no chance left on getting by.

I ran all I could down to the Ferrari garage. I couldn't think I just ran. The team was going crazy due to Charles winning. All if them gathered by parc ferme so I followed suite and did the same.

Charles got out of his now parked car. As he stood on the car he waved his arms in the air. The whole scene was so powerful. I tried getting closer to the fence, but due to all the people I couldn't. Charles had now taken off his helmet and as celebrating with the mechanics at the front. Just when he was about to turn around and go to the interview we made eyecontact. He had the biggest grin on his face and it only grew bigger when he saw me.

Charles walked over to the interviewer and I tried to listen to it over all the noise.

-Wow Charles that was quite a race. How did you pull that off? You started P5.

-Ah wow yeah, I don't know really. It just felt good everything today. The car, the team and yeah I was in the right mindset.

-Well mega job Charles and congrats on the win, the interviewer said.

Later I stood there screaming at the top of my lungs as Charles jumped out on the podium. I was so proud of him. He looked so happy and I could see why he and other people loved this sport. He was handed his trophy and he couldn't be happier. I saw him looking for something in the crowd and when our eyes met he radiated happiness.

The podium ceremony was really cool. I had seen a couple of them before, but never one this close up. My favorite part was seeing Charles and the other two drivers spraying eachother with champagne.

When the ceremony was finished I retracted back to Charles's room. I knew Charles would be back in a while after his media duties. Today I definitely didn't have any problem with waiting on him.

Right now I'm the happiest I've ever been in my entire life. I've met a perfect guy who is the most caring and funny person I have ever met. I also get to travel the world following him doing his thing. I-I think I'm in love with Charles.

———

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 5.2K 52
[COMPLETED] She has always loved F1 and visited a lot of races with her dad since she was very young. She knows many people in the paddock and gets a...
593K 13.9K 62
Charles had everything planned. Go home, relax with friends, get his head down and focus solely on the biggest year of his career so far. Then Lilly...
11.8K 321 16
she only wanted to write a book.. about a passion she long forgotten when she met a specific McLaren driver, she only thought the flirting was harmle...
348K 5.4K 40
Slipping down a dark path can be pretty self-destructive. Especially when you can't come out. "I need you, Charles... I need you now". ---- Disclai...