Exhale, Outer Banks [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ outer banks -- seasons 1-2 ] Cordelia Maybank Series: Exhale Nothing to Lose I DO NOT own Outer Banks, any... More

000. cast
001. SHIPWRECK
002. KEGGER
003. THE COMPASS
004. SQUARE GROUPERS
005. REDFIELD
006. DRONE STEALING
007. GROCERY DELIVERIES
008. MOVIE NIGHT
009. AFTERMATH
010. MIDSUMMERS
011. TANNYHILL
012. OLD CRAIN HOUSE
013. RECONCILING DIFFERENCES
014. FINDING GOLD
015. STEALING FROM A DRUG DEALER
016. STUTTER MOUTH
017. JOINTS AND APOLOGIES
018. POSSIBLE FRIENDSHIP AND MORE APOLOGIES
019. LITTLE WEED NEVER HURT
021. THE PHANTOM
022. THEY'RE GONE
023. GRIEF
024. UNKNOWN TEXT
025. THE PLAN
026. SEWER LIFE
027. LETTERS AND CAR TROUBLES
028. CHARLESTON
029. REUNION CUT SHORT
030. REVEALED SECRET
031. CAUGHT
032. STUPIDEST PLAN EVER
033. WRONG CAMERON
034. FREE MAN
035. GOODBYE KING OF THE KOOKS
036. BONFIRE
037. SHAGGY AND SCOOBY
038. THE FOOT OF THE ANGEL
039. PATERNAL COMPLICATIONS
040. THE CROSS
041. ROCKET UP HIS ASS
042. STUPID IDEA
043. ROUND THREE (OR SOMETHING)
044. STOWAWAYS
045. ESCAPE PLAN
046. POGUELANDIA
Book Two

020. WANTED

2.6K 33 8
By maybankwalker

The five pogues are all in the car, parked under a small shack. Kie is in the driver's seat with Pope in the passenger seat. They have the backseats lying down and the Maybank siblings and John B are lying down in the back.

"Good news for residents of the Outer Banks. Dominion Power says their underwater transmission line, which will restore power to 90% of the area should be functional within 24 hours." The newscaster on the radio states.

They hear sirens in the distance and watch as two cop cars speed down the road.

"And still, no arrest in the shooting death of Sheriff Susan Peterkin. The state police have issued a statement regarding a local person of interest, a juvenile from--" Kie turns the radio off.

"Let's game this out. Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all, but..." JJ sighs. "Who are the cops going to believe? Ward Cameron or us?"

"So the accuser is a bigshot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused... is John B. Who is... pretty much a homeless 16 year old boy at the moment." JJ says.

"Thanks." John B mumbles.

"Even without all that information, they're dickheads. Of course they'd believe Ward. And he could probably just pay them to believe him." Cordelia says.

"Okay, man. Yucatan, all right? I'm saying that's the only option." JJ states. "What other option do you have?"

"Dude, you and Yucatan need to chill. What is up with Yucatan anyway? There's a billion other places in the world, it's technically not the only option." Cordelia says.

"Enough with the Mexico bullshit, all right?" John B states, stopping JJ from replying to the younger sibling. "Sarah's gonna bail me out."

"She did witness the whole thing." Kie says.

"Thank you." John B says.

"And she's gonna snitch on her brother?" Pope asks.

"Not happening, bro." JJ says, sitting up.

"It actually could if she doesn't like him enough." Cordelia says. "Not all siblings care or get along. If I hated you, I'd snitch on you."

"That's... That's great, Cordi. Thanks." JJ rolls his eyes.

"Well, then be glad I don't hate you. And don't make me hate you." Cordelia says.

"So you'd just let me go to prison?" JJ asks.

"If you murdered somebody, yes. Especially if I hated you. Now, since I don't hate you, if you murdered somebody out of protection, then I'd understand. If you murdered out of cold blood, very conflicted and you've become a psychopath."

"Can you two discuss this later?" Kie asks.

"We've gotta get you off the island." JJ tells his best friend.

"The ferry. It's the only way." Pope states.

"Yeah. Exit stage left while you still can, bro, okay? Before the entire island is on lockdown." JJ says.

"Guys, just get down." Kie mumbles, all of them slouching as they hear more sirens.

"Sarah's not a pogue, John B." Pope says.

"Yeah. You can't stay here, man." JJ says.

+++

They're by the ferry and only pulled up one of the backseats for the siblings who sit squished in the one seat. John B still lays down with his head next to them. Kie is in the passenger seat and Pope is outside the car, going to get a ticket for the ferry.

"Okay. Okay. All right, no." Pope says, walking back to the car with a piece of paper in his hand.

"Pope, can you act normal?" Kie asks.

"So, um... okay, so, bad news." Pope says. "The ferry's closed, and there is this." He hands Kie the paper, it being a wanted poster for John B.

"Oh, shit." Cordelia mumbles.

"What is that? What is this?" John B asks as Kie hands the paper back to JJ who takes it. Pope gets in the driver's seat, slamming the door shut.

"Well, John B, uh... this is a good framer of you." JJ says, showing him the paper.

"Okay, so the whole island's lookin' for John B right now." Pope states.

"That's a lot of money." Kie says.

"Congratulations, John B. You're now famous." JJ says, giving him the poster.

"And completely, totally fucked." Cordelia comments.

"okay, guys, we got to get to the HMS. We need small, no running lights--"

"It's at the chateau, Kie." John B says.

"And I wonder if the cops got the entire place staked out. Let me think." JJ says sarcastically and Cordelia rolls her eyes. "Oh, yeah. No, they definitely have that place locked down.

"Yeah, copy that." Kie says.

"Let me think. Just give me a second." Pope says. "JJ."

"What?" JJ asks as Pope turns back to the two siblings.

"Does your guys' dad still have that boat? The cigarette boat, the Phantom. The one he used to race." Pope says.

"Maybe." JJ answers.

"If he didn't gamble it away or something." Cordelia says.

"I don't think he'd gamble that." JJ mutters.

"He would gamble us." Cordelia quietly argues.

"But maybe not the boat." JJ retorts.

"You could get right up the coast, no problem." Pope states, ignoring the siblings' conversation.

"Yeah, if our dad doesn't freaking murder us before then." Cordelia says.

"It won't be easy, Pope." JJ says.

"Okay, look. The surf's running from three to four." Kie says.

"Pope, we don't know where the keys are." JJ says.

"Well, find them." Pope says, starting the car.

"Yeah, thanks, genius." Cordelia rolls her eyes.

"Okay, I'm thinking." JJ says. He looks at Cordelia who shrugs.

"Why is nobody moving forward?" Pope asks.

"Can you relax?" Kie asks him. "JJ, how much weed did you give him?"

"Guys. Hey." John B whispers. "Your car's on here. It's on the poster." He quietly says as Pope honks the horn a few times.

"Can we move it? Please!" Pope says.

"That's not gonna help anything." Kie says. Pope honks the horn a few more times. "Don't honk the horn, dude."

"That guy. That guy!" They hear and turn to see a young boy pointing in their direction.

"Shit." Kie hisses.

"We got a snitch. Pope, turn the car on." JJ says.

"We got $25,000 if we find him." The boy states.

"Hey." A man starts banging on the back window and looking down at John B. "he's right there! I found him!" John B turns to his side.

"Dude, we gotta go!" Kie says.

"Pope, turn the car on." JJ says.

"Hurry up!" Cordelia exclaims.

"I found him first!" The young boy states.

"Hell you did, you little bastard!" The man yells back at him.

"Pope, turn the frickin' car on!" Kie orders.

"I am trying!" Pope yells. "I'm trying!" He's turning the ignition, but the engine continues to sputter.

"I get the stress, but can everybody stop yelling?" Cordelia asks, feeling her anxiety build up. The guy who was banging on the window walks over to the siblings' side of the car and reaches in the window, trying to grab John B.

"Whoa! Whoa!" JJ protests, trying to push the guy's arm away.

"What is this supposed to accomplish?" Cordelia loudly asks.

A small crowd gets there, all pointing out John B and Cordelia feels her hair get yanked.

"Ow!" She yells out, her hands shooting to her head. JJ hears her and starts prying the person's hands out of her hair.

"Hands off the child." JJ says, getting Cordelia free and pulling her towards him and she lays across his lap, her head next to John B's. "Okay, window. Window." JJ mumbles, swatting at other people's hands as he rolls the window up. "Dude, go!"

Pope presses on the gas, bumping into the car in front of them. They all fly forward a bit, JJ grabbing onto Cordelia so she doesn't fall to the floor.

"Pope! Jeez!" JJ exclaims, helping Cordelia sit up.

"Dude, back up." Kie demands. Pope presses on the gas, still trying to go forward, only moving the car in front of them.

"Dude, this is not backing up!" Cordelia exclaims.

"The other way." Kie says.

"It's okay. Pope, just go!" JJ says. Pope swerves out of the line and speeds away, driving terribly.

"What the hell are you doing?" Kie asks.

"Dude, do you not have your license?" Cordelia asks.

"Watch out! Pope! Whoa, whoa, whoa! Watch out! Watch out!" Kie yells, the others also exclaiming as Pope crashes into a mailbox.

"Oh, my God!" Pope yells, laughing. "I'm livin' my best life now."

"My mom's gonna kill me." Kie says.

"What the fuck?!" Cordelia exclaims.

"I should be the last one to tell you this, but you are not okay to drive, dude. Stop!" JJ tells him and Pope slams on the brakes, the tires squealing.

"John B, get out." Pope orders.

"He's right. We'll draw the cops and you run." JJ says. "All right. I'll get the rig, and I'll meet you in the dump tomorrow, okay? Three o'clock, okay?" He says as John B gets out.

"Yeah." John B mutters.

"Three o'clock tomorrow at the dump." JJ repeats. John B shuts the door and runs off into the woods and Pope speeds off again.

+++

The sun has set some, making it mostly dark out. They put the rest of the backseat up and the siblings are sitting next to the windows and Pope is still driving and currently has a joint.

"Pope, you clocked that car, man." JJ says, laughing. "That was so bad."

"I'm just glad I'm not driving now." Pope says and JJ laughs.

"Pull over." Kie orders. Pope makes a terrible left turn and swerves a bit before stopping. "JJ, it's not funny. He shouldn't be driving." She says, getting out.

"Mama's mad." JJ says, holding more laughter in.

"You're both idiots." Cordelia comments.

"Baby's mad, too." JJ says.

Kie gets in the car, Pope having climbed over the console from the driver's seat to the passenger seat.

"Where we goin'?" JJ asks as Kie starts to drive.

"The last place they're gonna look." She states.

+++

They pull up outside of the Cameron house and Kie gets out.

"Perfectly focused." Pope mumbles, getting out.

"You sure this is a good idea?" JJ asks.

"She's the only one who can clear John B." Kie states.

"Last place they'll look because of how stupid it is." JJ comments. Kie climbs over the wall and Pope does the same, but struggles much more.

"He needs to work on his climbing skills." Cordelia states.

+++

The four spent the night at The Wreck and it's the next morning and there are still police sirens going off. JJ is leaning against the wall and looking out at the water while he plays with his lighter. The other three are still asleep and Pope is the first to wake up.

Pope stretches before getting up and walking over to JJ.

"He's pinched for sure, man." JJ says.

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him." Pope says.

"Let's hope." JJ says.

"What would they patrolling?" Cordelia groggily asks, slowly sitting up.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too." Kie states.

"Great." Cordelia sighs.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope says

"So, find him before they do?" JJ asks. "Pope?" He calls to his retreating friend.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." Pope states.

"Hey, you be careful. Okay?" Kie says. Pope stares at her for a few seconds before turning to JJ.

"Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." Pope orders. He walks out.

"What the hell was that?" Cordelia asks.

Kie follows Pope outside.

"Okay, what is your problem?" She asks, rushing to Pope who goes to JJ's motorcycle.

"No problem, officer. I'm just doing my job." Pope says, getting on the bike and starting it. The siblings walk on to the porch, watching Kie stand next to the bike.

"Look, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings." Kie says and Pope revs the engine. Each time she tries to talk, he revs the engine more. It goes on for a few seconds before he speeds off.

"Well, this is fun." Cordelia sarcastically mumbles under her breath.

Kie starts to walk back and the three look up when they hear a helicopter whirring. They watch as a helicopter flies over them.

"Who the hell is that?" JJ asks.

"I guess Hotch called wheels up." Cordelia mumbles.

"What?" JJ asks.

"It--" Cordelia goes to explain. "Whatever, never mind. Probably FBI or something. So... we're dead."

+++

The three are getting food and supplies that they can put on the boat.

"you sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ asks.

"It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation." Kie says. "is that gonna be enough food for them?"

"I mean, for a couple of weeks, and that's all they need, so..." JJ says.

"Look, I think I actually hurt his feelings." Kie says.

"Well, yeah. He told you he loved you and you basically just said no. I'm pretty sure anybody would be hurt by that." Cordelia says.

"Look, don't beat yourself up too much. He's completely changed his feels. The past 24 hours have been Jekyll and Hyde." JJ says as they walk outside. Cordelia doesn't immediately say anything, knowing Pope has actually had a crush on Kie for a while and just never said anything given the no pogue on pogue macking rule. He only told her because she threatened to get JJ involved and one persistent Maybank sibling is enough to deal with.

"Maybe he's just tired of penting up all his emotions. He cracked and everything's coming out at once." Cordelia suggests.

"I hate to admit it, but I miss the old Pope. At least I knew what to expect from him." Kie says.

"Why do you hate to admit that? Whatever version of Pope he is, you shouldn't hate to admit anything." Cordelia says. "There's nothing wrong with old Pope. Or new Pope. New Pope is just... kind of brain scrambled at the moment. And maybe he needs to change. Maybe he's tired of old Pope.

"Where you been?" Kie's mother asks her, cutting off any response the girl had for her younger friend.

"Uh-- I'm fine. I slept here." Kie says as JJ packs the trunk.

"Well, we were up half the night, scared to death, lookin' for you." Anna states. "Were you even gonna tell us?"

"Well, I'm telling you right now." Kie says as JJ shuts the trunk.

"All right, what the hell are you three up to?" Anna asks.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Anna, we just gotta go." JJ says.

"I'm sorry." Kie mutters.

"No. I'm sorry. Absolutely not!" Anna orders as Kie walks to the driver's door. JJ and Cordelia get in the car. "Have you heard what's going on?"

"Mom, I'll explain later." Kie says.

"Have you seen the storm coming in?" Anna asks her daughter. "This is not safe."

"I'm sorry, mom. I have to go!" Kie states.

"These cops are armed, Kiara. You're gonna get yourself shot." Anna states as Kie starts the car.

"I have to go."

"I am not letting you do this!"

"Mom, John B needs me!"

"Kiara! You need to stay here."

"I understand. I'll be careful." Kie says, shutting the door and locking it.

"Kiara! Kiara!"

"I'm sorry!"

"Open the door! Stop right now!"

"Sorry. I'm sorry."

"Kiara, this is not safe! Stop! Kiara!" Kie pulls away, driving off, leaving her mother outside of The Wreck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 111K 40
❝ your ass must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth. ❞ ❝ i like the noise you make when you shut the fuck up. ❞ outer banks { jj...
137K 2.5K 24
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒, 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐆𝐄𝐓? ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ {outer banks season...
709 24 7
in which dani and jj come from two very different social classes and dani so happens to be related to the biggest asshole living on the outer bank...
1M 13K 80
𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦...