Hating You

By marvelshi

{ENEMIES TO LOVERS} Ivory Fernández and Kylian De Luca. She's the top assassin. He's the top mafia leader... More

introduction <3
my amazing characters
01 | found you
02 | accompany the enemy
03 | message received
04 | rory
05 | training test
06 | under attack
07 | bad boys
08 | first mission
09 | just keep swimming
10 | it's not a date
11 | friends
12 | avengers assemble
13 | second mission
14 | one star motel
15 | watching the stars
16 | pick up lines
17 | italy
18 | secrets
19 | birthday girl
21 | rooftop
22 | drunk words, sober thoughts
23 | speedy
24 | black ops three
25 | midnight talks
26 | the annual ball
27 | life isn't fair
28 | extraction
29 | stay
30 | truth or a lie
31 | fast and furious
32 | vienna, austria
33 | confessions
34 | eeny meeny, miny moe
35 | connected by light
36 | comfort
38 | one v. one
39 | father of the year
40 | forever
epilogue
authors note <3

20 | training session

3.2K 67 398
By marvelshi

I take off my shirt. Wincing, I pour alcohol on my wound. I may or may not have gotten into a fight. Not my fucking fault though.

"How bout I fuck your partner. Ivory, is it?"

He said that and expected me not to break his nose, give him a black eye, and more that I shouldn't say. I mean, come on.

I wince again and rest my head in my hands. I really need to get some sleep.

Elio thought it was crazy once I told him how much sleep I was getting. Thought it was obvious because of my sleepy eyes.

He gave me some pills but I haven't used them. I'm just waiting for the right time. He's always been there for me, it surprises me how he hasn't left yet. Or died.

He's been to every mission with me. Him not being six foot under the ground is surprising but I'm glad.

Glancing down at my wound, I place a plaster over it. It does sting but it was worth it.

The doors burst open. "Hola, mother fucker," a familiar voice says but I don't bother lifting my head.

"Fuck off, Ivory," I reply bluntly. I think now is the perfect time to use those pills.

I'm tired and although I beat someone up for disrespecting her, I can't be bothered with her sarcasm bullshit.

"Ivory?" she almost laughs.
"What?" I grumble, raising my head to finally meet her eyes.

"Nothing," she dismisses. She takes in my features as I lean back on the chair. "Have you gotten any sleep?"

"What is it to you?" I ask.
"Kylian," she says seriously, "when's the last time you've slept."

"No idea," I shrug. Ignoring the confused look on her face, I stand up.

"Holy fuck," her eyes widen at the wound. "Don't tell me you lost."

"Really, Rory?" I scoff, running my hand through my hair. I obviously didn't lose.

"You're bleeding," she says, glancing at my forehead.

"Woah, thanks for stating the obvious," I roll my eyes and try to walk past her but she stops me.

"It could get infected," she carries on. "Since when did you have a degree in medicine?" I ask jokingly.

She sits on my desk, "It's common sense, idiot." I notice her slight smile, although she tries to hide it.

Why doesn't she smile more? It's nice... or whatever. 

"C'mere, then," she chuckles. "I don't bite, Dory."

"Kinky?" I tease, hesitantly walking towards her.

She shakes her head at my remark but doesn't say anything, just loosely wraps her legs around my torso, pulling me closer to her. Woah.

I stare at her amused, as she moves a strand of my hair away. "It's not that deep," she mumbles, examining it.

"Not going to make a dirty joke?" I question. She always does. Guess I got used to it.

She looks down, meeting my stare. "I thought about it, then decided not to annoy you with it since I'm such a nice person." 

"Oh?" I tilt my head.

"Wouldn't you agree?" she mutters, opening an alcohol wipe. "Do you want me to answer that?" I scoff.

"This is gonna sting," she warns me. "Want me to hold your hand?"

"Fuck you," I let out a chuckle.

"You wish," she mutters.

I raise my eyebrows at her response, "Yeah?"

"You're not denying it," she looks back at me, shrugging. She's really saying that?

"I don't wish to fuck you, Ivory," I grumble. "Happy now?"

"Who said I didn't want you to," she shrugs. My brows furrow. What?

"I'm kidding," she smiles. Her eyes then flicker to my lips. "Or am I?" Since when was she this bold?

I lift her chin gently, "You tell me, love."

She puts on the plaster and jumps off the table. "You're all good now."

What? That's it?

I grab her hand before she can walk out of the room, "Ignoring me?"

She shrugs at my question. What is that supposed to mean?

"No," she half-smiles with a slight shrug. "I'll see you in the training room," with that, she simply walks out.

I grab my shirt and put it back on. I wouldn't go but it's been a while since I've trained with her so why not.

As I step out of the office, I see Elio waiting for me. I nod my head at him and walk with him beside me.

"There's a guy that works for the Russians," he tells me and I glance at him, indicating that he should carry on.

"He's their best hit man," he continues. He might be the Russian's best assassin, but Ivory is the best in general.

"Next Saturday he'll be at a club. If we hurt him, they'll retaliate but we can still find out about their plans. We also could pin it on another mafia."

Now it all depends on whether I think it's worth it or not. If we take him forcefully, we won't know how they'll retaliate. Besides, will he even tell us about their plans?

"I'll think about it," I tell him. "Maybe get some sleep then," he laughs. He's right but I won't admit that.

"I will once you finally pull a girl," I tease. "Says the guy who can't stay in a relationship," he flips me off as he walks away. Cunt.

As soon as I look back in front of me, I see Kylo. "Did Kylian just get roasted?" he laughs.

"Did Kylo just ask to get shot?" I ask. I don't mind shooting him again. Yes, again. Long story that he will never get over.

"You already did that," he scoffs. See. "Comportandoti come se non avessi sparato anche a me, stronzo," I roll my eyes.

"You realise I understand Italian, stronzo," he grumbles. "Really?!" I exclaim, faking the shocked look on my face. "Tell me what I said!"

"Acting as if you didn't shoot me too, asshole," he repeats my words while mimicking my voice.

"You understand, how great. Now piss off, I have better things to do," I move him aside and continue walking.

"Like flirt with Ivory?" he nudges my shoulder with a smirk.

"You're begging to get stabbed," I shake my head at his words. "Besides, Elio would kill me."

"Why? Because you're flirting with his-"

"Not so loudly, Kylo," I cut him off. "And I'm not flirting with her, idiot."

"Uh, yes you are?" he scoffs. "Uh, no I'm not?" I say in an obvious tone, mocking him.

I'm clearly not. He's stupid. What makes him think I like her anyway?

"Whatever, just remind me I was right once you realise you're in love with her," he smirks.

"Kylo," I sigh, placing my hand on his shoulder, "if you don't fuck off, I will quite literally beat the living shit out of you."

"Just saying," he backs away with his hands up in surrender. I glare at him. "Bye now," he mutters before rushing away.

I will never tell him he's right, simply because he will never be right.

Shaking my head at his stupid accusation, I step into the elevator. In love with her, my ass.

I walk out as the metal doors open and head towards the training room. I'm totally going to beat her ass if she asks to one-v-one.

Leaning against the doorframe, I watch as she throws knives at human cutouts. She has perfect aim. But will I admit that? No.

She turns around at my clapping. "Enjoying the show?" she asks with a small smile.

"Well," I start walking towards her, "it could have been better but I've seen worse."

"I really think you should stop lying to yourself, Dory," she shakes her head disappointedly. "It's not good for your mental health, you know?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Shrugging, I walk past her and to the human cutouts.

"I think you do," she says, and I can imagine the annoyed look on her face.

I pull the knife out. She's using the knives I got her.

"Really?" I ask her and before she has a chance to respond, I throw the knife at her.
It misses by an inch.

"Yes," she grunts, also throwing a knife in my direction. The knife flies by, hitting the cut out and merely touching my ear.

"Thought you didn't miss?" I ask, watching as she took steps closer to me.

She leans in until our faces are inches apart. "I don't," she says, wiping the slight blood off me. "If I wanted it to hit you between the eyes, it would have."

I pull the strand of her black hair behind her ear. "Are you threatening me, Rory?"

"I don't know," she shrugs, her lips tilting up, "am I?"

"Seems like you are," I shrug. She takes a step back and shrugs as well with a small grin.

Holy shit. Why the fuck do I feel like this?

"It's getting pretty late, don't you think?" she queries.

I draw my eyebrows together. "Yes?" Is this a trick question?

"Well, goodnight, Kylian," she says, before kicking my foot, making me fall over but I grab her hand, pulling her down with me.

"Really?" I scoff. "Yes?" she furrows her eyebrows. It doesn't take long for both of us to start laughing.

I flip her over so that I'm on top of her now. "What is up with you?" I chuckle.

"I'm a little bit high," she says, emphasising little. Yeah, sure.

"You're going to sleep," I tell her, getting up. I reach my hand out to help her and she surprisingly grabs it, pulling herself up.

"With you?" she asks.

My eyes slightly widen at her response. "No, idiot," I laugh, shaking my head.

"Well, can you carry me to my room?" she questions. "No." Does she think I'm her personal transporter?

"Okay, will you tell me that conversation you had with Elio?" she asks.

Why won't she let that go? "No."

"I'll find out, Kylian," she says, stepping into the elevator. She won't.

"Okay," I say carelessly, watching the elevator doors close. Imagine if the elevator stops working and we're trapped here.

We stay silent, although I can feel her eyes on me. "Stop," I utter. "Stop what?" she replies, acting dumb.

"Ivory, you seriously piss me off," I step out as soon as the doors open. "Enemies to lovers?" she suggests.

I stop walking. "What?"

"Jeez, I was kidding," she laughs, opening the door to her room. She's got to stop doing that.

"Unless you're up for it," she shrugs. "Maybe I am," I reply. I mean, why not play along?

She laughs, "Night, Dory."

"Night, idiot," I say while walking away.

Maybe staying away from her will be harder than I thought.

____________________________
| authors note |

we can not ignore the tension this chapter had 🤧🙌 well i think it had tension? idk

word count | 1820

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 48 20
Adaliah Cortez is the new leader of the Spanish mafia. She is rude, she doesn't hesitate to kill. Has many men falling to her feet with her looks. Bu...
237K 4.1K 31
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 2nd NOV 2020 Finished: 23th AUG 2021 EDITING! I could feel his gaze on me as my hands slowly reached to the blood coming out...
1.2M 24.6K 51
Poison is the name of the most deadliest assassin to ever exist. The most feared men on earth is afraid of her but no one knows her real name or iden...
4.8K 34 28
"Oh please darling, you couldnt kill me even if your life depended on it." His raspy voice making the space between my legs wet. if i wasnt standing...