Emison | Regret

By RAlNBXW

An Emison fanfic! [No A] Alison DiLaurentis is the cold-hearted queen bee of Rosewood, her posse who she mani... More

Alison's Posse
The Project
Date Night
Intentions
The Start
Dances | Lust & Love
Changes
Shopping Trips
Meetings
Assignment
Coming Out
Suspended
Sometimes
Friday night
Dealbreaker
Family Dinner
Comfort
Secret
Love's end
NEW EMISON FANFIC

The person next to me

7.8K 196 54
By RAlNBXW

Emily's POV

I woke up groaning, my hand over my forehead blocking the sunlight. I remembered two events that occured yesterday night, and both I hated.

I looked at my clock which was sitting at my table, 11.50am.

Great, I woke up extremely late.

I grabbed my phone from my desk, looking at my lockscreen;

Missed Call (3) Hanna

Missed Call (6) Ben

Missed Call (1) Aria

Missed Call (1) Mom

I immediately called my mom, waiting for her to pick up, I got out of bed holding my phone to my ear, opening my closet to find some clothes.

She finally picked up,

"Hello?"

"Em!"

"How's it going mom?"

"It's been great! Texas is amazing, you should've come with us, Em"

Now, I wish I did

"Well I wanted to stay for the upcoming swim meet, and for my friends."

"Yeah, so, have you been eating properly?"

"Yeah, I have."

"Have you been sleeping early and getting to school on time?"

I paused. I can't lie to my mum, but she'd kill me if I said no.

"Yes." I immediately replied

"Alright then, go back to class then Em, before you get into trouble. I miss you, love you."

"I will, I miss you too mom, I love you too." I said as I hung up our call.

I wish mom was back, she'd cuddle up with me and tell me that things would work out, that everything will be okay.

I showered, put on my clothes, put on my converse, and headed to school.

I stopped infront of the gate and rang the buzzer, the gate opened and then I walked in, and into the main office.

I walked past the doors and was in the hallway, nobody looked at me, not because I'm part of Ali's group, and not because I was late. It was just time for next lesson.

I walked past people grabbing their textbooks and shutting their lockers.

I got to my locker and opened it, I put yesterday's textbooks in, then put what I needed today in my bag. I closed my locker shut, when someone came running to me.

Little legs, pink streaks, punk outfit, Aria.

"Em!" she shouted to me, which hurt my ears.

"Hey!" I replied gleefully

"Did you just arrive now?" she asked as her legs came together, and you could see the rest coming towards us.

"Emily, you're late, you've never broken a rule, today you've broken rule #7 which is To arrive on time or before so then you can engage in your education." Spencer read off her notebook adjusting her fake glasses.

She only wore them because she said it makes a good first impression, since it makes others think shes really clever, which she is; but she never thinks she's clever enough.

Hanna just looked at me with worry.

"Why are you so late?" Hanna asked me as sweat rolled off her forehead

"I woke up late." I replied.

I mean its the truth, but yeah, there's not much to it.

"Are you okay?" Alison asked which shot through our group's ears which made Aria,Hanna and Spencer shoot their eyes at Ali immediately as if she said something taboo.

Even I was surprised, but after yesterday.. I shook my head and Alison eyed me with a confused expression.

I had flashes of yesterday night.

"Yeah. I'm fine" I replied as I shoved past Alison.

The bell rung as the other girls went to their lessons, Alison caught up with me and I just continued to walk faster, afraid that tears would fall out, she got hold of my arm, as I tried to break free but I didn't want to hurt her. So I stopped as she had a drop of sweat roll from her forehead, she still looked beautiful. She looked worried, her eyes pierced through me once again, she could see right through me, couldn't she?

"Em."

"Alison, I really need to get to class right now." I replied to her avoiding contact with a little bit of irritance in my voice

I then shoved her hand away; that was on my arm.

I headed to class, as soon as I walked in, everyone looked at me.

They all whispered amongst themselves, Mr. Fitz however, was talking to Aria and didn't see me in the doorway. They must've seen what happened between me and Alison in the hallway.

I glared at them until they stopped looking at me, and gave my papers that was due in last week to Mr. Fitz as I walked past his desk. I walked past the rows with people's desks and reached the back row. Alison wasn't here yet. Should I even care?

I got to my seat and decided whether or not I should sit there, Alison is bound to talk to me.

I walked past my desk until I sat down next to this other blonde.

I sat in the seat and looked across at the person next to me.

"Sorry, do you mind if I sit here?" I asked her politely.

Her earrings dangled as she turned around, her wavy blonde hair flickered, her blue eyes slowly looking at me.

"No, but if you're going to sit there, we should become friends." she laughed a little.

She's like Alison.

"I'm Emily." I smiled

"Alicia. But you can call me Ali."

Alicia... I should call her Ali but the only other person I call Ali is Alison.

Mr.Fitz finally stopped talking to Aria as she sat down in her seat. Spencer whispered to ask what they were talking about, Aria dismissed it away as an assignment.

He stood up and picked up the chalk from his board and wrote on his chalkboard.

"So class, today we'll be learning about To Kill A Mockingbird, this book explores about the type of things that were happening during the time Harper Lee, was writing this book. Now then, one of the major problems were-" Mr Fitz was cut off with the sound of heels waltzing into our classroom.

Ten minutes late.

"Miss. DiLaurentis, take your seat and stay behind after class" Mr Fitz spoke to her, waiting for her to sit down.

Everyone looked at her as she went by, her heel hitting the floor every time she walked past everyone else's desk's.

She got to her seat and sat in it, quietly.

I happened to be sitting in the row in front of her, right in front of her seat.

She looked at the empty seat next to her then scanned the room, and spotted I was in front of her.

"Emily, why aren't you sitting here?" I could hear her, but it wasn't loud enough for everyone to hear.

I didn't expect her to talk to me after what just happened, but after I guess "humiliating" her, I should talk to her.

"Because I don't want to. I want to sit here." I replied to her, avoiding any sort of contact.

"Why are you talking to me like that?" she snapped in her harsh tone.

"I'm not talking like anything, Alison.
I'm being me. Just like you are being you." I emphasized on the last you.

She rolled her eyes.

"So you'd rather sit next to that?" Alison scoffed referring to Alicia.

"You do know what she is right? But I'm guessing it's perfect for you, Em." Alison stated, closing her textbook and getting another one out.

I do know.

She's gay, she got bullied for it, especially by Alison.

I didn't talk to Alison after that.

She basically called out Alicia about who she was. There's nothing wrong about gay people, I'm fine with them, because I'm one too. Just not out.

I'm afraid of what people will think.

What my parents will think, especially my mom.

"Why are you even friends with her?" Alicia asked me.

"Because.. she's Alison. Who wouldn't want to be friends with the Alison? Plus.. she can make you feel special." I replied.

She's the nicest person, who cares deeply and just needs time to show it.

Is what I want to add but, that would ruin her 'reputation'.

The rest of class flew by as me and Alicia worked together, reading and maybe a little bit of gossip.

"Right then class, you're dismissed. Projects are due next week, I hope you did that in detail." Mr.Fitz explained as Aria rushed out the classroom, everyone's chairs scraping the floor, Alicia grabbing her books from her desk and putting them in her bag.

"Alicia!" I called out, she turned around with her ocean blue eyes,

"Yes?" She did a little dance while twirling around.

"Um... Want to have lunch .. with me?" I said without thinking.

It's nice to take my mind off Alison, especially after yesterday.

She scanned me looking into my eyes.

It wasn't like Alison's look.

She smiled, "sure"

I went to the cafeteria and got my food with Alicia. I saw my friends at the other table.

Hanna, a empty seat, Alison.

On the opposite side was Aria and Spencer. Alison took a look at me and then Alicia, she said something to the girls, but I couldn't hear because they were far away and then they all started laughing.

I rolled my eyes and said to Alicia that we should sit outside.

Before I left I could remember Alison's laugh when looking at me.

Alicia munched on her salad,

"So, you swim?" she asked me, munching on her crispy salad.

I nodded while using my fork, playing with my food, she looked at me with concern.

"Are you okay?" she asked me as I snapped back into reality.

"Yeah.." I replied

"So; I'm guessing you know about me." she said after moments of silence.

"I do." I simply replied trying to avoid the conversation.

And just this once, she looked at me the way Alison did when she was reading my thoughts.

// "So that's your type. Blonde and blue eyes? Seems familiar doesn't it?" //

Her voice and words were curses, they echoed in my head, playing over and over again.

I looked up from my plate and took a look at Alicia, as the real Emily Fields.

It has to happen one way or another, I trust Ali, I believe in her, she just has a mask on, which I feel like I can take off, she locks herself away from everyone.

But, I can't do that right now.

I'm not even sure about myself.

Sometimes when Alicia takes glances at me, I get nervous, I get embarrassed, but its a good feeling.

But if I want to do it, I have to stop thinking about what others think, like Alison. I'll give it a try.

Alicia seemed to know what I thought.

"Try me." Alicia spoke.

I fidgeted with my hands. She sounded like Alison.

"I'll wait for you, Emily." Alicia added adding a soft smile and taking her tray away.

I sat there on my own, in silence, looking through the windows which would allow you to see inside the cafeteria. I could see my friends all talking amongst each other, probably more gossip. Alison however, fake laughed at what they were saying, her smile wasn't even genuine, her eyes wasn't even on them when they were talking, they weren't on anyone. She was spacing out, and when exactly does the queen bee space out? If anything, she seemed angry.

Her eyes wandered around the cafeteria, until she laid her eyes outside on the window I was looking through, and our eyes locked and my heart skipped a beat and kept beating. She was looking at me. Moments of silence, we just kept our eyes on each other and I guess the others didn't notice because they wouldn't have dared to ask Ali who she was looking at.

After that silence, Alison just smiled at me. Genuinely. It made me blush, I got my tray and bag, and walked over to the trash can, and binned what was on my plate and put my tray away.

I walked inside and saw the girls, they must've gossiped a lot because they didn't seem like they had eaten anything.

"Hey Em!" Aria turned from her seat to greet me. Hanna moved from my seat, back into hers and looked at the empty seat next to her; telling me to sit there.

Alison didn't respond however.

She just slightly nodded.

I sat in the chair next to Alison, eating a chip that was sitting on Hanna's plate.

"So, now that you're here Em, tell us about yesterday night." Aria added

I gulped and remembered what happened between me and Ben last night.

"There's not much to say." I said to them.

Alison swallowed her potatoes and then mashed her peas upon hearing Ben's name.

"How was your night Ali?" Hanna added to the conversation. Spencer put down her fork, "Yeah! Ali, how was it? It must've been interesting." Spencer smirked.

As soon as they mentioned about Alison's night, I could feel myself tense, I remembered the phone call I had with Alison.

Alison smirked.
"It was a good night." she said as the other three leaned forward for answers.

A guy ran the table, he was wearing a lacrosse uniform.

"Hey, Emily! I just wanted to know, have you and Ben broken up?" he asked as we saw the rest of his group in the distance, just laughing.

He must've been Ben's friend.

My friends eyes immediately turned to me, even Alison's.

"Em?" they asked waiting for me to say something

"Why do you need to know? It's between us, and can't he ask me himself?" I said to him as he walked away.

"What happened, Em?" Hanna asked worried.

"It's nothing. Just some stuff, but its okay. Don't worry about it." I smiled to them.

Although it was fake.
I could still feel pain from yesterday.

After that, we dismissed it and just gossiped about people in our school, especially Ali. "Prudence Finn."

The bell rang and the next 2hours couldn't have been any longer.

I was heading to the locker room to change for my last lesson. Gym class.

I felt concious about changing infront of people. My locker was a little far from Alison's, so I guess that was good.

Alison changing infront, next to me, behind me, the thought is just very...
something. I can't explain it well.

Well, today we're on track.
Alison's doing soccer, on the field next to me.
I'm glad that only me and Ali have gym class last together at the same time, because if the other girls were in our class, I'm sure they'd catch me gazing at Ali every second.

I tied my hair up in a high ponytail and jogged out. Coach wasn't here today so we have a cover, we have to run laps for the whole lesson.

I was jogging round, with sweat rolling down my forehead, remembering yesterday, my head was dizzy.

Alison.

Did she really have a good night?
Am I not enough? Am I even anything to her?

I kept running and decided to look at Alison for the first time in this lesson.
She was running, eyeing her opponents, judging them.

I laughed to myself, same old Alison,
I was approaching the end of the track, about to complete my record, when Alison came running towards me,

Why was she coming to me?
Does she want to talk about yesterday?
She'll get in trouble for coming this way.

I stopped running, and was quite confused.

"Emily! Watch out!" she shouted while running towards me and then my head was hit with a blast, a powerful kick that burst that ball and hit my head, I was knocked back and my body slid across the field.

My head was all fuzzy, I couldn't think properly, I could see Alison running towards my body, kneeling down.

My ears couldn't hear anything..
I could only see Alison, she had a few tears slip down her face, then wiped them away when people realised what had happened and were coming my way.

My eyes shut and then my vision went black, the only thing I could think of was Alison's tears.

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry for a late update. I hope you're liking the story so far.
Are my chapters too long? I feel like they are which may make my story seem boring.

Be sure to let me know, and what you think will happen next.
I'll update as soon as I can.
Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.6K 1.5K 31
An Emison FanFic. No A. Emily is the new girl at Rosewood High in her final year. Emily hasn't spoken in months due to a past incident but she bumps...
395K 7.3K 74
-A is gone, and the girls are back together. Alison comes back to rosewood to start her life again, but what happens when she realizes she has feelin...
241K 7.2K 41
Five years have gone by since -A was caught and the girls went separate ways. Emily joined the Army in an attempt to follow in her father's footstep...
127K 2.6K 150
Queen Bee Alison moved from Riverdale making her the new girl in Rosewood, but will her secrets follow her? Emily only has eyes for Alison but create...