The Roseview High Rumors

By Evergreen_Ebony

⭐YA Romance Undiscovered Book of the Month [September 2022] Augusta Madueke can't wait to graduate from high... More

FOREWORD
CHAPTER ONE - Augusta
CHAPTER TWO - Pedro
CHAPTER THREE - Augusta vs Pedro
CHAPTER FOUR - Pedro
CHAPTER FIVE - Augusta
CHAPTER SIX - Pedro
CHAPTER SEVEN - Augusta
CHAPTER EIGHT - Pedro
CHAPTER NINE - Augusta
CHAPTER ELEVEN - Augusta
CHAPTER TWELVE - AM/PM
CHAPTER THIRTEEN - 4 AM
CHAPTER FOURTEEN - AM and PM
CHAPTER FIFTEEN (1) - PM till Dawn
CHAPTER FIFTEEN (2) - PM till Dawn
PLAYLIST
CHAPTER SIXTEEN - AM/PM
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - AM/PM
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
APPRECIATION

CHAPTER TEN- Pedro vs Augusta

238 59 195
By Evergreen_Ebony

"Thank you for coming. We're delighted to have you," Pedro's mum and dad said with warm smiles. They welcomed Augusta's parents at the door, exchanged handshakes and other minor chit chat before walking towards the dinning room.

Pedro stood by looking at his parents and his sister, Isabella. As usual, they were in formal clothes for dinner. His dad and mum wore color coordinated but non identical colors. The former, a white business shirt and navy trousers and the latter, a sky blue short sleeved dress. A subtle business strategy they always used to present a united front.

Standing in the doorway, Pedro adjusted the collar of his green shirt and dusted his crisp brown trousers. A hint of disappointment flickered in his chest at Augusta's apparent absence. She had made herself quite clear about where she stood concerning him. He could not believe how freaking stupid he had been to expect her to show up. Pedro's heart hardened a fraction as he turned to close the door.

"Pedro, wait!"

He spun on his heel and resisted the urge to flare his eyes with shock. Augusta stepped out of her parent's Jeep and walked up the driveway. She had a mint green shirt dress on, cinched at the waist with a brown belt. Augusta looked gorgeous, and he was delighted to see her.

"Augusta, what's up?" Pedro asked in a cool voice. "I didn't think you were coming." His eyes surveyed her cute outfit, and he bit his lip with cheeky amusement. They were color coordinated, and Augusta's analytical mind would blow like fireworks on the fourth of July.

"Yeah. Sorry, I took time in the car." Augusta pointed in the wrong direction as spoke about the family car.

"Alright, let's go—"

"Oh my goodness!" Augusta's hand flew to her mouth. "This is awkward. I can't believe this. We're both in green and brown clothes. What are our parents going to think? Maybe—"

Pedro put a gentle hand on her lower back and looked into her eyes. "Calm down and breathe," he whispered. "It's just a coincidence, and they'll probably be too busy to notice."

For the first time in over a month, they stood still and silent in close proximity to each other. Time was suspended and everything else faded away. Breaking the ice, Pedro tilted his head and leaned forward. Augusta's eyes fluttered shut and her breath hitched.

"I just wanted to close the door," Pedro stated in a husky voice as he reached around her and tapped it shut. He did not break eye contact.

Augusta's eyes snapped open and she scowled at him, but her eyes twinkled. "What the heck were you waiting for?" she asked. Side stepping him, she strutted into the house.

***

"How gracious of you to join us. Brown and green are pleasant environmental colors," Pedro's dad said to Pedro and Augusta with a subtle smirk. He stroked his jaw, took a slow sip of water and observed them as they approached the table.

Pedro smiled but gave his Dad a stern 'please don't embarrass me look'. His Dad winked in return when Augusta wasn't looking.

"Thank you, sir," Augusta replied.

Before she could join her parents at their side of the table, Pedro drew a chair for her beside his. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion, but expressed her gratitude as she sat on it.

"How sweet of you, young man," Augusta's mum cooed. "Chivalry is not dead."

Everyone settled down at the table, and Pedro said the grace before they commenced their dinner.

Augusta's mum smiled. "And he prays too."

"Mum!" Augusta whisper yelled.

After the initial awkwardness, the dinner was eaten in a comfortable silence. Only a few polite comments from Augusta's parents about the delicious food, and courteous replies from Pedro's mum were spoken.

Pedro cast a sideways glance at Augusta. She was quiet as she ate, but he could pick her muted murmurs of appreciation.

"Stop it," Pedro commanded in a low tone.

Augusta put a diced carrot drenched with sauce in her mouth and licked her lips from top to bottom. "Stop what?" she asked with obvious feigned innocence.

"You know what I mean."

"No, I don't."

Pedro put a gentle but firm hand on Augusta's knee. "Behave yourself," he warned.

She scoffed. "Our parents and your little sister are here. Do your worst."

True to her words, they were carried away with their discussion, but present. He wouldn't want to create a scene. The scales tipped in her favor before Pedro regained control. His hand was on her knee, and so far she hadn't said a word about it.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" he growled.

She shrugged. "I don't care."

"I don't believe you." He shifted his hand a little higher and was pleased to see her panting before putting some chicken in her mouth to bring it under control.

"Is this why you've been distant? Because you're a control freak, and can't control how I make you feel?"

Augusta took a sip of water and cleared her throat. "Enough, Pedro. Now isn't the time," she mumbled.

He chuckled without mirth. "You've been postponing this talk long enough. It's now or never." Pedro paused to eat his food in order not to draw attention to himself.

"How about a game called Pedro Says?" he asked.

Augusta rolled her eyes. "It's Simon Says, and we're not kids."

"I know, this is different. I ask you questions and you reply with yes or no. If you're correct, my hand will stay still if you're wrong, it will shift upwards."

"Is this the part where I sing you a lullaby?" she asked.

His hand moved up an inch in response.

"Hey! You didn't ask me a question," she hissed.

"Are you okay, Nkechi?" Augusta's mum asked.

"Yes ma'am. We were just chatting about school," she replied.

"It sounds nice. Inkaychee is your traditional name isn't it?" Pedro asked. He rubbed his thumb in soft, lazy circles on her inner thigh.

"Yes," Augusta huffed.

Pedro's hand moved up an inch in response.

"What the heck? I said yes didn't I?"

"You did, but you were sassy," he replied. "From now on, I'll call you Inkaychee."

Augusta looked at him and smiled. "Okay."

He smirked and his hand moved up then down as he finished his ample serving of Chicken Menudo soup.

"Pedro, you are unbelievable! My answers don't matter, do they?"

"Not really," he admitted. "Your skin is so silky and your pineapple scent is intoxicating."

Augusta squirmed and giggled a little too loud, and an abrupt silence fell on the room. All eyes were on her, and she gulped. A hint of a knowing smile was on her mother's lips.

Pedro stepped in cool as a cucumber. "I told her the Roseview Raiders were going to beat the Westbrook Wolves in our match before Christmas, and she joked that she'd wear my jersey for the rest of the season if we did. Right, Augusta?"

"Right. The Westbrook Wolves are on fire this season," she said. "And they'll be hard to conquer."

"May I be excused please?" Isabella asked.

"Of course, dear," her mum replied.

Isabella packed her plate from the table, and stopped to say into Augusta's ear. "You and my brother are so adorable."

"Um, thanks," Augusta said.

Seeing that their parents resumed their discussions about stock and expenditure, Pedro attempted to do likewise. "May we be excused from the table?" he enquired.

"We?" Augusta's dad asked.

Augusta winced. "Dad!"

A blush tinged Pedro's cheeks, but he replied with a level head and respect. "Yes, sir. Augusta is my tutor, and I would like to ask her some questions before you leave."

A tense atmosphere hung in the air before he replied with a curt nod.

"Not to worry," Pedro's mum interjected. They will leave the door open."

Pedro face palmed. "Mum!"

Both parents laughed as they carried on with their conversation. Reluctant to go somewhere private right after being teased by their parents, Pedro and Augusta cleared the plates from the table. After washing up, they went to the study, and left the door wide open.

***

Augusta traced the books on the wall to wall shelves with the tips of her fingers. "This is amazing," she breathed.

Pedro stood behind her and caged her in with his arms.

Without looking back, she shook her head. "Our parents could walk in at any moment," she said.

He spun her around with one hand. "I want an apology," he said.

"For wh—"

"Don't. You. Dare, Inkaychee."

Augusta sighed. "You're right." She looked down, and Pedro raised her chin with his index finger.

"About what?"

"I've been acting weird since the Performing Arts night, and I'm sorry," she mumbled. "I don't know what exactly is going on between us, but we'll figure it out one day at a time."

"Sounds like a plan," Pedro quipped.

"Let me send you a new study plan I designed," Augusta said.

A few seconds later a file titled 'Pedro' popped on his phone screen. He clicked on it to have a quick look, and his eyes scanned the contents as he read it out loud.

Day and night, his turquoise eyes and muscular figure are in my thoughts and fantasies.

Augusta panicked. "Chineke me! My God!" Give me your phone, I sent the wrong file."

Pedro being taller and much stronger didn't struggle to keep his phone out of her reach as he continued reading.

When I am near him, my body flushes with heat. I can't think of anything else and want to do things I shouldn't.

He is the person I would least expect to take my breath away. I once despised him but now I crave him. Am I losing my mind?

Augusta gasped and attempted to flee before Pedro gripped her hand and pinned her to the wall with flawless ease of an athlete trained to be swift and tactical.

"Is this a network error? This doesn't look like a study plan, Inkaychee," he said. His voice dropped several octaves, and his turquoise eyes gleamed with predatory delight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 4.8K 36
Jolie Watson was used to being invisible at her huge high school in New York City, but when her parents split up and her Mom moved them back to her t...
152K 9.8K 34
A crush on the popular boy at school sounds tough enough... Gorgeous, charming, and captain of Maxwell High's soccer team, Valentino Rosas is every g...
791K 2.1K 8
Finding relationships is easy... Keeping them is the real game. That's what I'm learning in my first one. It's not easy. Our rival schools are an hou...
28.9K 2.6K 51
WRITTEN BY SOFIA VITORATOS ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 💡Fictionalized under true facts 💡 🛑*MATURE CONTENT*🛑 [PUBLISHING] 🏆1st Place in Chicklit by The...