The Friendship Contract

By jjrocker001

"It's in the contract," Harry says every time I won't do something for him. The contract is a stack of copy p... More

Prologue
My Best Friend the Bastard
My Best Friend the Cluessless
My Best Friend the Styler
My Best Friend the First Kiss
My Best Friend the Handler
My Best Friend the HazzyBoo
My Best Friend the Date
My Best Friend the Gullible
My Best Friend the Sugar Butt
My Best Friend the Tarzan
My Best Friend the Jealous Giraffe

My Best Friend the Child

262 10 7
By jjrocker001

Jane's POV

"C'mon, Max." I whispered to my pup." Give Uncle Haz a good morning."

I release my puppy onto the bed as it began humping Harry's face.

"What the hell," he pushed Max off . Max barked and licked his face." Where am I?"

"You are currently hogging the comfort of my bed." I said, sitting by Harry's head and putting Max in my lap. He wriggled around before laying comfortably down.

"I thought we were going to a hotel," he said, rubbing the crust out of his eyes.

"We were until you let me drive," I smirked."I drove us and your baby all the way back to London."

"How'd you manage to get me inside?" He yawned, turning to lay on his stomach.

"I called Henry and he dragged your knocked out self here." Henry was our head of security. He's been working for my family before I was even born. He's the typical bald, extremely tall, and buff security man you see in movies. He's always wearing a suit and never goes to sleep.

"What time did we-" Harry stopped himself before his eyes widened and he jumped out of my bed.

Morning sunshine.

"What's wrong?"

He bolted for the door and raced downstairs. I ran after him and stopped at the top of the staircase.

"You drove my baby!" He screamed and I rolled my eyes.

Typical.

I find it incredibly rude how he does not trust my driving. I rolled my eyes and began to make my way downstairs and to the kitchen. I made sure to slip on my fuzzy slippers since the floor was freezing.

Max trailed behind me as his collar jingled with every cute little step he takes. I went over to the cupboard and took out his food before pouring about a cup full in his bowl. I refilled Max's water and put everything back in its place. I walked over to the sink and was washing my hands when my stomach made an animalistic noise.

I'm hungry as fuck.

It was barely ten o'clock in the morning and my stomach made the sound of a cross breed between whale and big foot.

I began going around the kitchen and taking out ingredients to make chocolate chip pancakes. I've always been more of a waffle person but Harry loves these so I suppose could make the most of it.

I tied my hair up into a chaotic attempt at a bun and started mixing the ingredients. The sun was rising and shining by this time. My parents went off to work about an hour ago and I stayed here in my big v-neck shirt and spandex.

Harry, on the other hand, is still in his clothes from last night.

Our parents never made a big deal of us sleeping over at each other's houses. I guess they never had the paranoid minds of regular parents because they know Harry and I were friend. Besides, I'm a classic good girl so that should be enough of an explanation.

I was mindlessly flipping pancakes and eating chocolate chip when Harry came back in and sighed in relief. He went to the stools across from where I was cooking and slumped into them.

"My baby is alright," he praised.

"What'd you think I'd do with her? Drive her off of a cliff?" I asked.

"No," he said." I was thinking more of a mountain."

He laughed before yawning. He rubbed his hands furiously over his face to rid himself of any tiredness.

"So what are my best friend's plans for today?" He asked.

"I have volunteer work at the hospital today." I replied as I place these perfect pancakes onto a serving dish. I put more batter onto the wide pan.

"That's so boring," he whined.

"You don't have to go," I said.

"We must be together at all times," he groaned." And would you stop fondling your belly button."

I had a weird habit of taking my hand under my shirt and playing with my belly button. Only did I ever do it when I was genuinely bored. In this case, I was bored listening to Harry go on about his plan.

"You know, if you actually came with me, you would have a good time," I assured.

Before he could reply, the ring of the doorbell echoed through the house.

"I'll get it. Make sure these don't burn." I said, pointing to the pancakes.

Shuffling my feet to the door like a child, I made my way to the door and unlocked it.

"Louis!" I yelled as he stepped inside and I jumped into his arms." I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, love," he said into my hair as he spun me around. He set me slowly onto my feet and released me.

"Tommy!" I said, looking past Louis and to the lawn out front where his two year old son was rolling around in the grass.

I ran over to him and picked up the little bundle of joy who had a mouth full of leaves. I made him spit out the leaves before carrying him inside.

"Tomlinson, why on Earth would you let your son get dirty on the lawn?"

"So you would change him. He made a bomb in the car earlier." He handed me a baby bag and I rolled my eyes.

"Your son, you change him." I handed him Tommy and directed them towards to bathroom.

Louis got married three years ago. He married a Wonder Woman name Grace who unfortunately died in a car crash over a year ago. It was so tragic that Louis was left broken. However, I believe having baby Tommy really brought him back. The little bundle of joy looks just like her.

He huffed but went to the bathroom anyway. I walked over to the kitchen again and saw Harry putting the last batch of pancakes on the serving dish.

He grabbed the dish and started walking outside to the terrace. I grabbed some plates and forks from the cupboard before following behind him.

"So what are you going to eat?" He joked, moving the pancakes in front of him.

"You're not funny." I sang, going back inside go grab the syrup bottles. Try chocolate chip pancakes with Hershey's chocolate syrup. It will become an addiction.

Fuck, of course.

"Harry, could you come and help me get the chocolate syrup! I can't reach the damn thing!" I yelled from the cupboard.

Why put the chocolate syrup so far away from the only person who will give it some love?

"Sometimes, I feel like you only use me for my height," he muttered.

"Don't think I keep you around for your looks," I joked and he sent me daggers that last two seconds.

He bent down in front of me so I could place each of my thighs on his shoulders.

Yes, he is my ladder.

He slowly stood up and I was able to reach the chocolate syrup.

"Alright, my child is no longer a walking back of dog shit," Louis joked as he came backing the kitchen. He stopped as he saw me on Harry's shoulders.

I shook my head in disapproval but still escaped a smile.

"Mate," Harry said, walking over to man hug him." What are you doing here?"

"Why am I not surprised that Styles is here?" He joked."I haven't see you both in ages."

With every small movement, I felt myself shift.

"Haz, put me down! Not used to the altitude up here!" I panicked before he slowly put me down." Let's go have breakfast out on the terrace."

We all took a seat next to each other with me in the middle. I took Tommy and sat him in my lap to feet him pancakes.

"So what's new?" I asked.

"I wish I could ask you two the same question." He raised an eyebrow.

I looked at him and started opening and closing my mouth like a gold fish.

"What?" Was all I could muster.

"When were you two going to tell us you two were dating?"

"Who told you? Is it already everywhere?" I asked in a panic.

"Anne called mum and asked me to send her regards." He said disapprovingly.

"Look, we meant to tell you-" Harry paused." Who is 'us'?"

"Well, me and Tommy." He lied.

We both raised our eyebrows at him.

"Fine, the lads are outside waiting in the car." He admitted.

Within a second, I gave Tommy to Louis and bolted for the front door.

"Payne, Malik, Horan, get your arses out here and give me a hug!" I screamed from the open door.

"Fuck, put a sock in your mouth would you?" Niall's thick accent rang through my ears as I turned to my left to see the boys smiling at me.

I screamed before launching myself one by one into their arms.

"So dating Styles now, aye?" Niall smirked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Let's go eat breakfast before we continue this conversation."

~

"Harry, you are such a prick," Zayn exasperated." What did that girl do to you?"

Harry explained to them our whole fucked up plan. I was very relieved to see that the rest of the lads were on my side of the situation.

"This isn't fair to Jane, mate. We're all mature to understand that this is fucked up." Liam said, his voice filled with authority." How could you do this to your best friend?"

"Nonetheless, how could she be your best friend and not me," Louis said, trying to sound as offended as possible.

I looked at Harry who seemed unfazed by all of their talking. It was as if their words went through one ear then out the other.

"Fellas, let's not be to hard on him." I tried to reason." Any of you would do anything to help your friend wouldn't you?"

"You were never comfortable with the attention from being friends but now that you're together-"

"Fake together. Plus, I'm used to it now." I said hesitantly." Gotta follow that contract. I don't want to be sued."

"For fuck's sake!" Louis cursed." I'm going to burn that fucking friends contract!"

"Guys," Harry finally spoke," I've never needed anything more in my whole life. And nothing any of you say will change that."

"Fuck," Liam swore," are you serious?"

Harry gave Liam a very intense look and that was more than enough to say yes.

"Well," I dragged," I have to do volunteer work so unless you would all like to join me..."

"Where?" Niall asked.

"The children's hospital."

" I wish we could, love. Me and Liam have to be at the studio this afternoon." Zayn stood up before making he way round to me and giving me a peck on the cheek." Thank you for lovely breakfast."

"No worries. Bring Pez and her pregnant self over here as well!"

He laughed and gave me a thumbs up.

"See you soon, Jane," Liam gave me a good squeeze." Come round to the house and you could bring Max to play with the pups."

"Will do." I smiled.

"Well, I have to bring Tommy to mum's but I'd love to see you at work, Jane." Louis said." I'll go bring this troublemaker and head over after."

He reached for Tommy and I pouted.

"Do I have to give him back?" I whined." He's the cutest little thing."

"Gets that from his old man." Louis said smugly before take Tommy into his arms.

"Speaking of old man, shave once and awhile, hun. You have a bush growing on your face." I joked.

"Haha," he said sarcastically." Love you."

I walked the three of them outside and waved goodbye.

I closed the door behind me and popped my head into out to the terrace where Harry and Niall were having a conversation.

"I'm going to get ready. Can you two clean up here?" I asked as politely as I can.

"Don't worry about this mess, Jane." Niall assured.

I thanked them before going upstairs and to my room.

My family didn't have as much help around the house as the Styles. My family isn't always as busy as his so there really wasn't any need for a maid too often or a chauffeur. My parents raised me to not let anyone do your dirty work so I never did.

I got ready as fast as I could because I don't trust those idiots alone.

Throwing up my hair into a messy ponytail, I double checked my appearance in the bathroom mirror. I was wearing some ripped jeans and a pocket tee with some converse. My pocket tee was Hawaiian printed for the pocket and sleeves while the rest was white.

I kept my makeup to a minimal. I was going to go without makeup but realizing the current situation, I didn't want the paparazzi making fun. I put on some concealer over my face, some powder, and filled in my eyebrows.

I grabbed my purse and jogged downstairs. I stopped in my tracks when I heard Harry's voice in an angry tone. I quietly tiptoed down the rest of the steps and peeped my head around the corner of the wall to see Niall and Harry in the kitchen having a heated conversation.

Harry was changed into some faded jeans and a flannel which he probably got from his designated drawer in my bedroom.

Yes, we have a drawer meant for one another in each others' bedroom.

No, I can assure you we aren't friends with benefits.

We are best friends, sue me. My parents are lawyers.

"You don't love her!" Niall raised his voice.

"Yes I fucking do! I shouldn't have to defend any of this from you!" Harry tugged at his curls furiously.

"And you're willing to put Jane through your shit plan?" Niall got all up in Harry's face." You want your bitch of a girlfriend back? You should grow the fuck up and do it yourself without having to drag other people into this!"

Fuck.

Not that I wasn't thinking the same thing but to hear that said out loud makes it so foul.

"You better shut up before I beat the sh-"

"Guy!" I came out from my hiding place, preventing any other regretted words to be said." I want no more of this discussion today! We are going to a children's hospital and we are going to be fucking happy!"

Their eyes were wide open and staring terrified.

"Get your arses in my car before I shove my foot up them!"

They scrambled their feet and hustled to my car.

Fucking dickheads.

I huffed before storming off after them. I saw them both waiting by my Audi like guilty children.

I made my way to the driver's side and unlocked the doors.

"Both of you in the back." I said sternly.

I buckled my seatbelt and put turned on the ignition before pulling out of the driveway and into the streets of London.

"If you two want to act like fucking children then you'll be treated as such," uh oh, here comes my rant." Harry, you have no right to lash out on Niall. He's one of your best mates and you know he's just trying to knock some sense into you. And Niall, you should have more faith in Harry's choices and support him instead of being so hard on him. You and the lads make think I'm an idiot for agreeing to this but if this makes him happy then so be it. I'm supporting his choices and all of you should, too."

Breathe.

The tension laid still in the car until I rolled my eyes.

"Either you both apologize or I will-"

"I'm sorry," they said in unison, clearly scared of my threats.

I looked in my rear view mirrors and saw the looks on their faces. They looked so young and innocent I couldn't help but laugh.

Two grown arse men were terrified of a girl probably half of their size.

Idiots.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 4.3K 31
((This story was written and completed in 2012)) I was 15 when I met him. The curly haired, cheeky flirt himself found his way into my life. He stole...
71.8K 767 30
Here we go again... Hey, Kira here. Remember that Liam and I are still engaged it's been a year and we have our own house now! We are doing great an...
16.3K 443 22
"Ella, please." He said. "What are you doing here?" I looked at him confused. "Please don't shut me out of your life." "Shut you out of my life? What...
104K 2.8K 17
"Why do you keep pretending you're afraid of me?" He hissed, obvious anger in his eyes. "Because Louis; if I'm not afraid of you I'll...