Sonic: Collection Of Short St...

By PurpleAntiheroine

Varying from fluff, one-shot, two-shot, short stories with genre of romance, tragedy, and etc., including var... More

A Vampire Love Story
My One And Only
Heartbreak Coverup
U Plus Me Equals Us
Do Or Die
Angel With A Shotgun
Everything Has Changed
Partners In Crime
The Fox Who Never Lied
The One That Got Away
See You Again
Closer
I Really Like You
Bestfriend
Safe and Sound
Girlfriend
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Fireflies
In The End

Just A Dream

208 1 2
By PurpleAntiheroine

Book Title: Sonic: Collection of Short Stories
Chapter Title: Just A Dream

Main character/s: Tails and Angelica (OC; belongs to babygirlfai22)

Written By: PurpleAntiheroine

Idea Taken From/Insipred From: The Song, "Just A Dream By Nelly©" and an Adventure Time Theory.

Requested By: babygirlfai22 from Wattpad

Rated: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters included in the story.

Characters are owned by SEGA©

OC's belong to their rightful owners.

Hope you all like it!
–––––––––––––––

Sonic ran to Tails' house. He, without knocking, entered his friend's home. He looked around and saw no one. He knew that Tails must be on his basement again doing science-y stuff.

He went down the basement and called out, "Tails, are you in here?"

"Right here." The young fox answered, he was working on another invention of his.

It was a large tube with buttons on the side and the tube is covered with a durable glass. Tails turned to his friend.

"What's that?" Sonic asked the brilliant young inventor.
"Oh, it's my DreamInitiator 2000. I'll tell you how it works. First, you'll insert the time you want to be inside the dream. Then, the subject steps inside the machine. Then, the machine squirts out the proper sleeping gas you'll need. Finally, the machine will start making the dreams the patient desires the most." Tails turned back to the machine to continue.

"Interesting. But isn't that a little bit...I don't know...dangerous?" Sonic said with a worried look.

"How come?" Tails turned back to Sonic again and asked.

"Because... what if you end up dreaming forever? You'll end up dying right?" Sonic asked in curiosity.

"I'm sure no one will want that to happen, right?" Tails smiled assuringly but Sonic knew something's wrong with Tails.

"Tails, I'm not the smartest hedgehog but I know why you built it." Sonic said and put a hand over Tails' shoulder.

Tails' smile turned into a frown. "I know Sonic but I promise I won't do anything stupid." He said and smiled; he even raised his right hand as a pledge.

"I know you won't Tails, I'm just making sure...Anyway, I came here to invite you for lunch with Amy, Rouge, Sticks, and Knuckles." The blue blur replied.

"I don't know Sonic. I want to finish my invention before I do something else. Just do me a favor and take home some lunch." The young inventor said.

"If you say so." He replied and went off.

–––––––––––––––

Sonic retold what happened during his conversation with Tails to the rest of his friends as they all ate at the restaurant.

"Don't worry about him, Sonikku. Tails just need some time to move on." Amy said, positively.

"You're right, Ames. But I'm just worried, since his breakup with Cream, he has been all day at his basement." Sonic replied, worrying for his best friend.
"Isn't he always on his basement all day?" Knux said in his usual curious look.

"Well, you're right...but not the type when he doesn't come up the surface or go to sleep." Sonic said.

"He doesn't even go to sleep, Sonic." Rouge butted in.

"What was he doing again?" Knuckles questioned him again.

"Aren't you listening? He's making a machine that will take over his brain and after that the machine will mess up his mind then we'll lose him." Sticks said, over-reacting.

"I didn't remember Sonic telling us about that, dear." Rouge said with a brow raised.

"He didn't?" Sticks questioned with her usual crazy look as Sonic, Rouge, and Amy facepalmed.

"And besides Sonikku, Tails promised that he won't use it without thinking, right?"

"I sure hope so...I better buy some lunch for Tails." Sonic said to the rest and stood up. He bought some food at the counter and paid. He walked back to his friends and asked, "You coming?" They all nodded.

They walked to Tails' house. After several minutes, they found themselves in front of his workshop. They entered and walked down to the basement. Sonic noticed the machine working and hurried to the machine, knowing that Tails broke his promise.

"Tails! Get out of there!" Sonic repeatedly shouted. He knows that his friend couldn't hear him. "We need to find a way to stop this." Sonic panicked. Knuckles tried to punch the glass open but it won't budge.

Sticks was throwing her boomerang at the machine while yelling, "Take this, you piece of metal!" Sonic used his spin-dash trying to help his friend. Amy tried to use her hammer but end up failing also.

Rouge saw a button with a writting 'Open'. She sighed and sweatdropped. She pressed it and the glass automatically opened.

Amy and Sonic sweatdropped, thinking that how could they be so dumb not to see that. Knuckles just scratched the back of his head because of curiousness.

Sticks wondered why and asked, "What kind of black magic did you use?"

Sonic shook his friend, trying to wake him up but it's no use.

–––––––––––––––

(Several minutes after Sonic left... [Author's Note: Yep, we're gonna do a little flashback or some sort of time travel or whatever you want to call that.])

Tails had finished the machine. "Brilliant! Now, I just need to cover this machine up and I'm done." But the young inventor although promising his friend not to do anything stupid, thought of trying the machine.

"I'm sorry, Sonic but I have to do this. It's not stupid so trying it wouldn't break my promise." Tails set the time to 'a week'. He entered the machine and it automatically squirted out the sleeping gas needed.

He opened his eyes, he was still at his workshop. "Wait a minute, did I go wrong?" He muttered.

He went out his workshop and saw Sonic ran up to him. "Sonic? I'm sorry, I know I promised you I wouldn't use the machine. I really am." Tails apologized.

He waited for the angry/worried reply of his friend but instead he replied with a confused look. "What are you saying Tails? What machine are we talking about? By the way, Angelica is searching for you." Sonic replied with a really confused look.

"What do you mean you don't know? You even asked me- wait a minute who's Angelica?" Tails replied with a now confused look.

"Dude, he's your girlfriend, duh? What happened to you today? Did you get amnesia on an invention of yours?" Sonic wondered.

"Girlfriend since when?" Tails questioned. "We really need to get you a doctor." His friend said and grabbed Tails' arm to go to a doctor.
"Sonic, I'm fine... I'm just stressed, that's all." Tails insisted because he realized that he was now on his dream.
"If you say so... but in case you want, we can still go ti the infirmary. And you better find Angelica, last time I saw her she's at the park, searching." Sonic answered and left off.

Tails did as he was told. 'But what does she look like anyway?' Tails thought not knowing his 'girlfriend's' identity.

He just went on walking to the park. He saw a yellow cat, talking to Sticks. He walked up to the 2 girls. He overheard them, "Sorry Angelica, didn't see him." Sticks replied.

"Where could I find him?" The so called Angelica asked. The 2 girls then notice Tails. Angelica hugged him tightly. "Tails, where have you been. I've been worried sick." Angelica stated, cheerfully.

"I'm sorry, Angelica?" Tails replied, unsure of the girl's name.

"Tails, I told you many times just call me Angel." Angelica replied with a smile. A smile that reminds Tails of his ex-girlfriend, Cream.

"Sorry, Angel." Tails repeated.

"It's alright so... are you ready for our date?" Angel asked.

"O-Of course." Tails stuttered.

"Great!" She smiled and clung on Tails' arm.

"Bye, Sticks!" The couple waved goodbye to their friend.

They went to the cinema, Tails bought the tickets for a romantic movie. He also bought the popcorn and drinks. The two sat and watched the movie. After a few minutes, Angelica leaned on Tails' shoulder, this made him blushed and at the same time remember his past relationship with Cream.

After the movie, Tails and Angel went to a restaurant and ate. As they ate, Tails stared at his 'girlfriend' while eating. She realized how beautiful she really was.
Angel caught him staring at her so she asked, "Is there something wrong? Do I have dirt on my face or something?"

"No, no, it's nothing." The young fox denied.

"Tails, is there something you want to talk about?" She asked and held her boyfriend's hand.

It made Tails blushed and tensed. "Really it's nothing." He replied with a smile.

After several days, Tails spent the time with Angel. Angelica helped the young inventor forgot his break up with Cream.

They were living happily but in the real world, Tails' body was getting weaker and weaker as the days passed.

[Author's Note: One day in Tails' dream is the same as a day in the real world.]

After a week in his dream, Tails started to get weaker, he knew that his time was almost up so quickly went to Angelica's house. He knocked and Angelica opened the door.
"What is it, Tails?" The girl asked, smiling.

"Angel, I just want you to know how much I love you." Tails said; his voice getting weaker by the minute.

"What's going on Tails?" Angel asked, nervously.

Tails tried to explain everything as quickly as possible.

"Can't we do something to save you?" Angel asked, tears were forming on her eyes.

"There is none Angel. I just want to be with you until my time is up." Tails stated, trying his best to speak. "You were the best girlfriend, I've ever had." Angelica's tears started to fall. "And you weren't beautiful... you were the most elegant, most amazing, sweetest girl. Before I die, I want you ask you... will you... marry me?" Tails said.
Angelica cried as Tails said those words. Those were tears of joy. Angelica replied, "Yes, Miles Tails Prower. I will marry you."

And with that, Tails' eyes started to close.

While he was slowly dying he heard her shouting repeatedly, "Tails! Tails!"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Tails! Tails!" The young fox opened his eyes, seeing his best friend on his side. "Thank goodness, you're awake!" The blue blur said smiling yet crying. He hugged his best friend. "I thought we'd lose you." Sonic said.

Tails scanned the room, he was on a hospital, Sonic, Amy, Sticks, Rouge and Knux were crying yet relieved when they saw their friend alive. Sonic parted from his friend while Tails sat at the bed.

"How long was I out?" Tails asked.

"About a week." Amy replied, wiping her tears away.

"Since when did you brought me here?" He asked again.

"After we saw you, we hurriedly brought you to the hospital, dear." Rouge answered this time.

"We really missed you, buddy. Don't ever do that again." Sonic said with a smile on his face.

"I won't, Sonic." Tails replied with a smile.

After 2 days, Tails was allowed to return home again. Sonic had invited him to have lunch with the gang, this time Tails accepted the offer. He hurriedly went to the meeting place and crashed into someone.

"I'm really sorry." He apologized, he noticed the one he bumped into it was a yellow cat which shocked him. "Angelica?" Tails asked the girl.

"Yes but how did you knew me, sir?" Angelica asked.

"I just guessed it?" Tails smiled. The girl laughed a bit. "By the way, I'm Tails." Tails offered his hand for a hand shake.

"You can call me, Angel. I'm new here." She took the offer.

"So, since you're new. Do you want to me to give you a tour?" Tails replied.

"That would be great, Tails." Angel smiled.

"I just remembered I was going to eat with my buds, you wanna come?" Tails asked.
"I'd love to." She replied.

The two went in the restaurant together. Tails was very happy that he got a chance to meet the real Angelica. He knew it was an opportunity to start a new life with his new friend turned girlfriend turned wife, Angelica.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 84 15
Sonic and Amy finally get close after the grief endured by the two when all of their friends have disappeared misteriously. Sonic wants to numb the p...
18K 389 19
Somewhere in a kingdom, called the Rose Kingdom, their lives a young pink princess, known as princess Amy Rose. Having a lot of friends Amy has a gre...
4.8K 134 42
You can request for special Oneshots. ^^ Other ships in the background of the story are okay, but don't expect me to write a whole oneshot with Knuxr...
21.6K 443 29
*COMPLETED* A girl named Amy has been living in a village since she was born. Suddenly, a person named Dr Eggman attacks her village. She ran away, b...