The Holdupper ✓

winter_lover10 tarafından

/ˌhōldˈəpər/ noun PHILIPPINES a person who commits a robbery using threats or violence. "Don't run. Don't you... Daha Fazla

ノート
Prologue
章 I: He's Familiar
章 II: Campus Tour
章 III: Brother
章 IV: Committed
章 V: Jagaimo and Mochi
章 VI: Old Friend
章 VII: A Nobody
章 VIII: Suffering
章 IX: Dissociative Amnesia
章 XI: Skeletons In His Closet
章 XII: Replaced
章 XIII: Do You Trust Me?
章 XIV: Deceptive
章 XV: Be My Friend
章 XVI: Waiter
章 XVII: The Ex-Girlfriend
章 XVIII: Locked
章 XIX: Out of Service
章 XX: Safe and Sound
章 XXI: Remember Me?
章 XXII: Act of Vengeance
章 XXIII: Watashi No Ai
章 XXIV: Broken Promises
章 XXV: End Game
Epilogue
特別な: Just A Show
Author's Note

章 X: Thank You Treat

71 9 0
winter_lover10 tarafından

[Chapter 10]

(This chapter will feature Cynthia's point of view)

"What do I really want is for you to regain your memories back."

My eyes widen in great shock. Did I misheard what he said? He wants my  memories back? Except for the fact, how did he knew about it? I never told him about anything related to that?

He suddenly turned back and didn't faced me. What's wrong with him? I thought that...

"What did you say?" I asked him.

Before he could answer, I suddenly remember something.

"You look so familiar."

I can clearly remember how I held his face a while ago, and muttered those words. That could be the reason why he said that. I sighed deeply, and gave him an apologetic look.

"U-uh, nevermind---"

"I know that you had an amnesia. And you're still suffering from it."

My jaw dropped. My lips parted. How did he knew about me having an amnesia?!

I was startled, to the point that I became speechless.

"B-before everything else, I asked my sister everything about you," he immediately defended himself on whatever am I thinking right now. "She accidentally spilled that you lost your memories."

He suddenly became uneasy. His gestures are far different from what he was earlier. But, I trust and I believe in him. I still want to see if he's telling the truth.

"I'm not in the right place to tell you this, but..." Joaquin seems sincere as he was talking to me. This topic is something that is confidential as I was always avoiding it. "But, can you tell me what happened?"

I just blinked, and didn't answer him.

"W-what do I mean is, can you share some? If you just like or feel comfortable to. I'm just curious." He added.

I sighed. I'm still wondering on why he knew some things about me. And he's still asking for some. Is he trying to knew me better? The truth on why I didn't answer him earlier, is because I was astonished.

"Okay, I'm going to tell you a very sensitive story about myself. I take a deep breath and face him straight in the eye. "Only, if you will keep it as a secret. My family, friends and you are the only one who knows. Alright?"

He nodded without hesitation. I sighed for the nth time. I already lost count on how many I sighed. Itook one potato chips that he gave me. I thanked him, and he just responded with a smile.

"Y-you're right, I have an amnesia... dissociative amnesia to be exact." My voice cracked as I stammered. His eyes filled with not curiousity... but interest, and...

Guilt?

I was so confused about his reaction. I didn't mind it anymore, and continued, nonetheless.

"M-my parents told me that I was a victim of a damn crime!" I almost burst out as I can feel the weariness inside me. The new kid absentmindedly handed me a bottle of water, in which I accepted it immediately.

I looked at him. He wasn't surprised at all, yet his eyes speaks that he felt bad for me. And aside from that, it also speaks something different that me myself couldn't  distinguish.

I can see a hint of lament in his eyes. As if his eyes speaks that he's ruing for making a decision that he shouldn't have done in the first place.

His eyes almost lose it's color, when it met mine. "What crime?"

I bit my inner cheeks to conceal my emotions, and prevent from overflowing. "Hold up. I was a victim of hold up last May 2018."

I heard a sound of something that fell on the floor. When I looked down to see, it was Joaquin's bottled water that he was holding a moment ago. It's contents scattered on the floor.

I looked up to see his face. I gasped.

"A-are you okay?" My tone has a glimmer of anxiousness as I sense that he's not comfortable or he's getting uneasy about something.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, jagaimo." He replied with a smile for guarantee saying that he's sure of it. Joaquin calmed down, and faced me. "Care to share what really happened?"

I released an air, and my attention was on him. "Mom said that someone saw me lying on a pool of blood. They concluded that I was been hit by something solid that made my head bleed... and yes! They saw a rock with a touch of blood. My own blood."

"The doctor even said that the scenarios that they had in mind probably made a huge impact and damage in my brain. The fact that I almost died that time...  I still survived... but I'm not as what do I used to be. I lost most of my memories. I believe that I'm slowly gaining them one by one. Still, there's a lot that are missing pieces to build the whole picture."

Tears starting to drop in my cheeks. It was unstoppable, and I didn't even bother to wiped it away. Someone told me that the more I wiped it away, the more tears will be wasted because it will just continue falling. Nonstop.

I suddenly felt a warm palm wiping them away. It was him. Joaquin. He just gave a small nod with a smile. His presence makes me feel a mix of confusion and comfort.

I paused. I shot a glimpse back at Joaquin and he's staring still at me. He is not wiping my tears anymore. "What did the suspect took or should I say... stole away from you?"

"Mom said that I lost... my necklace. It has a rose pendant. Dad said that I was able to wear it only for two months." This time, I didn't stutter.

The way he looks at now me gives off something that I used to see before. We're now talking as if we're familiar with each other. As if we're just normal high school lovers or something.

Joaquin was about to speak as I saw how he was so concerned for me, but then I cut him off.

"They say that everything happens for a reason. So don't felt bad for me mochi. I'm fine, and I'll be fine."

My friends and even my own boyfriend pitied for what happened to me and my past. It was cruel. No lies. Besides, I don't want Park Joaquin to be added in the list.

The Park kid just replied with a smile. Even though his eyes tells the opposite. That he's telling me that there's a different side of the story.

For a moment, I became confounded.

Even if I'm already happy with my life, a part of me still wants to see my boyfriend in the past.

* * *

"A-are you sure, that you're going to treat me, Miss President?"

Park Joaquin lowered his head down. He shyly asked me, in a gentler tone. I grinned at him, and assured that it was my special treat for him.

Earlier, I told him that we should go somewhere else. Joaquin cannot really decide that time on where to go, because he doesn't like me to go out. The line isn't that long because only a few of students are eating right now.

"Of course," I put my hand on his shoulder. "Just think of this, as my thank you treat for you. I just really want to thank you for being there with me. You even sacrificed your time to be on our class."

My smile immediately turned into a slight frown. "But, you don't need to skip classes, and ditch just for me, okay?"

Joaquin released a deep sigh. "I only did that because it was needed to be done. Plus, classes are boring..." Then, he looked at me. I jokingly glared at him. "U-uhm, okay. Classes aren't boring at all.

I sniggered because his reaction is quite funny. But then, my reflexes immediately came back to normal when it was our turn to order.

"What is your order ma'am---" but the student stopped when she saw me. We're at the canteen by the way. "Oh, it's you, Miss President!"

She exclaimed, and I just smiled. I know her. Her name is Chou Trixie. Trixie is just having a part time here at school. Well, the university offers a job for students as well. I just forgot the term for that... aha! student aid.

I beamed my brightest smile. "Hi, Trix!" I waved my hand, and looked at Joaquin. I hissed at him. "So, what's your order?"

"L-leche flan." He shortly said. I slightly shake his shoulders.

"Drinks?"

Joaquin squinted his eyes on the menu, and back to me. He blinked a lot of times. Eh? What's wrong with this man? He's weird. I took a glance on the menu. I was bewildered when I saw that the line behind is is getting any longer. Just when I thought that there are few students at this hour. I guess, I was entirely wrong. I mentally slammed my forehead.

"One leche flan, one glass of pineapple juice, one slice of strawberry cake and one glass of chocolate milk please." I nervously said. The pineapple juice is for me... but I'm not sure if Joaquin likes chocolate milk.

Gosh, why did I decide for him?!

"Noted, Miss President!" The tall and energetic student aid started preparing our orders. I released a sigh, and we both went out to find a table for two.

When we already found a place, I immediately sat down. It seems like my knees became weak because of what I did earlier. I should've wait for him to order by himself. But, chocolate milk is the first thing that comes in my mind.

Some students who are passing by are greeting me with a smile. A simple "good morning, miss president!" is the always greeting that I usually received. But, when their gazes landed at Joaquin, some looks confused. Maybe, it was their first time seeing me eating with someone else aside from Thomas and my friends.

I bowed my head in embarrassment and apologized. "O-oh, Joaquin. About the chocolate milk drink, I just wanna say sorry for---"

"No, it's fine." He cut my words short. My favorite drinks are pineapple juice and milktea. As for him, of course I don't know. "Chocolate milk drink is actually my favorite drink... next to milktea."

My eyes widen. Wow. "So, I guessed it right?" I excitedly leaned on him, and grinned. He showed a small smile, and nodded. "Phew. I really thought that I messed up."

We became silent. The students are starting to fill in the area. I roamed my eyes around. Some are just silently enjoying their meal. Some are having a selfie with friends. Some are just messing around. While some are having a date or something. The whole place became noisy.

Their hysterical laughters filled the room. The good thing is, I can still able to hear what Joaquin said. Clearly.

"I miss you, jagaimo."

I blinked and pretended that I didn't hear that. It's impossible right? But, in my peripheral view, I saw him looking at me directly. I cleared my throat. I was about to speak, but then he suddenly butt in first.

"Ms. President, I think we should go back to the clinic," he said, and started playing with the tissue paper at the table. "Mr. Vice President might look after you."

I shook my head. Our orders already arrived. My eyes glistened when I saw how tasty and delicious the cake is. I immediately took a slice. "Don't worry about Tom. I can explain it to him."

"And besides, my boyfriend will understand." I added while chewing. This cake tastes like god-damn heaven. I didn't hear him responded.

When I finished eating, I stared at him. I know. It is not good to look at someone while eating, but I just can't help. This scene is really familiar to me. It's like a deja vu.

It feels like this scenario already happened.

"W-why?" Joaquin innocently raised his head, and gazed at me. I almost spit the drink inside my mouth to his face. I tried and refrain myself from doing so. "Is there a dirt on my face?"

Surprise reaction is visible in my face, I immediately shook my head. And unmindfully muttered. "Nothing. It's just I-I..."

I cannot form any words inside my head. My mom once told me that when I cannot answer someone's questions. I should reply it with a smile. My dad even said that a smile can deceive my inner feelings.

On the other hand, Joaquin creased hisC forehead, and squinted his eyes on me. He started to lean on me, as if I did a crime. "Are you sure, jagaimo?"

He just whispered the "jagaimo." He's probably afraid that some students might get the wrong idea of him calling me that. I immediately nodded, and beamed a smile again.

"Of course! Just enjoy eating!" I tried to sound energetic so that he would stop asking me anymore. He doubtfully looked at me. As if he's not convinced on my answer. Ah this man, really! "Yes, I'm pretty sure. I am."

Because of boredom, I opened my phone, and started scrolling. I almost stumble in my sit when I saw a dozen of message coming from my boyfriend.

His messages were;

'Cynthia how are you feeling?'

'The meeting went while. I was able to shoulder and handle everything while you were resting. Don't worry about it, anymore.'

'Hey, honey? Are you sleeping?'

'Do you want me to visit you there at the clinic? Did Joaquin bought you something or what?'

'Cyn'

And there's still a lot! My head aches because I don't know how I will reply on each one of it! Those messages where been sent last two hours ago!

I was in great horror when I saw his messages last five minutes ago;

'Cynthia, where are you?'

Holy shit, he is looking for me! How am I going to tell him that we're in the canteen right now! I know that Thomas is an understandable boyfriend, but I still couldn't change the fact that he might scold me for not staying at the clinic, and not telling him where am I.

My fingers started typing an answer, as a reply. I have no plan to lie at him. As I was about to click the 'send' button, I stopped when I heard someone's voice.

"Cynthia."

His cold voice send shivers down to my spine. Geez even though he is my boyfriend, I couldn't deny that he's sweet, and intimidating as well. I shot a glance at Joaquin, who is just looking at me, with no reaction at all.

I looked at the man who speak. He's not wearing his bright smile that he usually showed me. This man is no other than my boyfriend, Thomas.

__Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ__

Featured Song: 'Ordinary Song' by Marc Velasco.

Updates are still slow. But, thank you so much for patiently waiting.

————————————————

TWICE'S Tzuyu as Trixie

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

5.2K 223 9
[Edited] ============Short Story=========== When a bet with friends goes wrong. '' You are just a bet.'' '' But why me?'' '' For revenge.'' '' I hate...
326 40 10
"Obliviate, also known as a forgetfulness charm, is a memory charm often used to erase or to forget a specific memory from an individual's mind. One...
9.6K 424 11
"I got ice in my veins and blood in my eyes. Hate in my heart but love in my mind." Two important guys in her life. Min Yoongi is her older brother a...
625K 18.4K 65
She never understood the chaos she was becoming. Everybody warned her, her mind and soul told her to stay away; but what she felt for him was stronge...