๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐‘ฐ๐‘ต.

By FCGALAXY

(๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’“๐’š ๐’Š๐’” ๐’‘๐’๐’‚๐’„๐’†๐’… ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ต๐’‚๐’“๐’–๐’•๐’/๐‘ต๐’‚๐’“๐’–๐’•๐’ ๐‘บ๐’‰๐’Š๐’‘๐’‘๐’–๐’…๐’†๐’ ๐’–๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’”๏ฟฝ... More

๐™ฐ/๐™ฝ
๐“๐‡๐€๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„ ๐๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐Ž๐๐„ ๐‹๐€๐’๐“ ๐‡๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐„๐๐ƒ ๐Ž๐… ๐ˆ๐“ ๐€๐‹๐‹
๐๐‘๐Ž๐Š๐„๐ ๐๐‘๐Ž๐Œ๐ˆ๐’๐„๐’
๐–๐„๐‹๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐„ ๐“๐Ž ๐Š๐Ž๐๐Ž๐‡๐€
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐ˆ๐’๐'๐“ ๐†๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ๐๐˜๐„
๐€ ๐–๐€๐‹๐Š ๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐•๐ˆ๐‹๐‹๐€๐†๐„
๐๐„๐•๐„๐‘ ๐‹๐„๐“๐“๐ˆ๐๐† ๐†๐Ž
๐…๐€๐Œ๐ˆ๐‹๐ˆ๐€๐‘ ๐’๐“๐‘๐€๐๐†๐„๐‘
๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐€๐‘๐„ ๐€ ๐๐ˆ๐๐‰๐€
๐“๐„๐€๐Œ ๐๐ˆ๐๐„
๐‡๐Ž๐–๐‹๐ˆ๐๐† ๐–๐Ž๐‹๐… ๐•๐ˆ๐‹๐‹๐€๐†๐„
๐Ž๐๐„ ๐Ž๐… ๐€ ๐Š๐ˆ๐๐ƒ
๐‚๐‡๐”๐๐ˆ๐ ๐„๐—๐€๐Œ๐’
๐’๐”๐ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐Œ๐Ž๐Ž๐
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐˜๐„๐€๐‘๐’ ๐…๐‹๐˜ ๐๐˜
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Ž๐…๐…๐„๐‘
๐†๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ๐๐˜๐„
๐๐€๐‚๐Š ๐‡๐Ž๐Œ๐„
๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐€๐†๐€๐ˆ๐
๐€ ๐๐‹๐„๐€๐’๐„๐๐“ ๐’๐”๐‘๐๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐„
๐Ž๐‹๐ƒ ๐…๐€๐Œ๐ˆ๐‹๐ˆ๐€๐‘ ๐…๐€๐‚๐„๐’
๐€๐‹๐Ž๐๐„ ๐€๐†๐€๐ˆ๐
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐†๐Ž๐‹๐ƒ๐„๐ ๐“๐‘๐ˆ๐Ž
๐Ž๐๐‹๐˜ ๐˜๐Ž๐”
๐‰๐”๐’๐“ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐Œ๐„
๐•๐ˆ๐‹๐‹๐€๐†๐„ ๐‡๐ˆ๐ƒ๐ƒ๐„๐ ๐๐˜ ๐€ ๐–๐€๐“๐„๐‘๐…๐€๐‹๐‹
๐‡๐ˆ๐Œ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐ˆ
๐๐˜ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐’๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐Ž๐˜ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‘๐„๐ƒ ๐‡๐€๐ˆ๐‘
๐Ž๐๐‹๐˜ ๐…๐‘๐ˆ๐„๐๐ƒ๐’ ๐ˆ ๐๐„๐„๐ƒ
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐€๐๐’๐–๐„๐‘๐’ ๐ˆ ๐๐„๐„๐ƒ
๐€ ๐๐‹๐€๐’๐“ ๐…๐‘๐Ž๐Œ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐€๐’๐“
๐–๐‡๐Ž ๐ˆ๐’ ๐’๐‡๐„?
๐‡๐„๐‘
๐Ž๐๐„ ๐‹๐€๐’๐“ ๐†๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ๐๐˜๐„
๐‹๐„๐…๐“ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐‘๐”๐ˆ๐๐’.
๐‡๐„๐‹๐ƒ ๐๐€๐‚๐Š ๐„๐Œ๐Ž๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’

๐‹๐€๐“๐„ ๐๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“ ๐“๐€๐‹๐Š๐’

217 17 0
By FCGALAXY

Green eyes met darkness as Erin slowly opened her eyes.

Erin hissed as she blinked, her eyes stung from all the crying.

"What the hell..." She mumbled as she sat up. She looked out of the window seeing the moon shine.

Erin sighed as she had slept through the whole day, "Great." She muttered as she simply stared at the ceiling.

The events that took place before she fell asleep resurfaced, making her heart sting as well.

Erin shook her head feeling as the whole world was closing in.

She got up and walked out of her room, she scanned the dark hallway assuming Daiji was either asleep or in the living room.

Erin walked out of the hallway, the house was as empty as ever.

She looked around the empty house. Old images of the same darkness when they first arrived in Konoha cane to her mind.

She remembered how she and Daiji cleaned the house for hours, and how he had told her many stories about her parents.

Erin groaned as she shook her head, "God...dammit." Erin quickly walked towards the front door, she threw on her shoes, and walked out.

As soon as she stepped out she took a deep breath as the door closed behind her.

It was a warm night allowing her to stay in her tank top and sweats. She looked up at the sky seeing as the moon was full.

She let out a breath and walked down the small stairs, and off to somewhere unknown.

Suddenly as Erin turned in a corner she collided with something, "Watch where you're going..." Erin mumbled as she stumbled back.

"Well, this brings back memories." The voice made Erin look up.

"Kai?" Erin called a little surprised.

Kai chuckled, "Why are you so surprised to see me." He smiled.

Erin shrugged, "What are you doing?" She asked as she stuffed her hands deep into her pockets.

Kai raised a brow, "I could ask you the same thing." He narrowed his eyes.

Erin rolled her eyes, "Fair enough." She mumbled as she continued walking.

"So..." Kai walked beside her, "What are you doing out?" He asked.

Erin sighed, "I can't be home, that's all." She mumbled honestly.

Kai nodded, "I get it, i had to wait until my mom fell asleep so i could go out. She tackled me when she saw me, the women won't let me breathe." He groaned.

Erin chuckled, "Sounds tough." She smiled.

Kai grinned, "I swear i felt like a prisoner." He shivered, "But what about you? Is your uncle obsessed with your return?"

Erin shook her head, "He gave me time. I appreciate that about him, i really do." She smiled, "But it's too much." She added.

The two walked down a path that went alongside a small field.

"You have been waiting to come back for so long." Kai stated, "Then the night before we came back, you acted like it was the last thing you wanted to do." He added.

Erin shrugged, "I thought it's what i wanted...it is," She looked up at the sky, "But i can't help feeling like its wrong."

Kai glanced at Erin, "What feels wrong?" He asked.

Erin looked down at her feet, "It's going to sound so wrong...but i can't help it." She whispered.

"Being away from home was hard at first. I missed everyone." She started, "But as the time passed...i felt so free." Erin let out a shaky breath making Kai look over at her.

"I felt so free." She repeated shook her head, "I was away from my parents, my uncles, and the burden of being me." Erin closed her eyes.

Kai kept his eyes on her feeling pity though he knew that isn't what she wanted.

"I got away from all of the looks, the concern, i got away from the depressing aura at my house, i got away from my family." Erin spoke as her voice was fragile. She felt guilty.

"And now I'm back." She looked at Kai, locking eyes with him, "And I'm me again." She whispered.

The two walked in silence for a bit. None knew what to say.

Erin couldn't let anyone know what she felt, especially Daiji, and somehow, Kai was in the right place at the right time.

"I know it may not make sense right now." Kai spoke, "But you will realize someday, that all of those things made you, you."

Erin looked up at the boy, listening to his every word.

"Look around you Erin," Kai locked eyes with her, "All of the things you achieved are because of everything you went through."

"You took all of that pain and turned it into power." He sighed, "Instead of running from it, take it with you, and make it your own." Kai gave her a weak smile.

Erin's eyes widen as she looked at the boy standing next to her, who was actually no longer a boy, but a man.

Somehow he always managed to understand her despite them having different lives.

"Kai..." Erin mumbled, not knowing what to say.

Kai halted, saying nothing, only smiling, he quickly pulled her into a hug.

Erin's eyes widen even more as she fell stiff when she felt his arms around her.

Kai wasn't very intimate, but he did have his moments, but they never truly shared a moment like this.

Erin closed her eyes slowly wrapping her arms around him, saying nothing.

Kai rested his chin on her head as he felt his heart beat faster, he caressed her back feeling her slowly relax.

Erin held onto him tightly as she realized that he wasn't a goofy little boy and that he grew to understand her.

The moon shined above the two, the stars twinkled as the night was still young.

'Take it all with me...' Erin let out a deep breath, 'I should go see them.' She opened her eyes.

Kai slowly let her go, pulling away. Erin looked up at him with a small smile.

"I think i know what i need to do now." Erin mumbled as she looked into his eyes.

Kai's eyes widen at her soft smile, he returned a smile, "Go." He knew exactly where she was meant to go.

Erin let out a deep breath and slowly turned around, she continued to walk down the path they stood in.

Kai watched her back with a smile as he felt his heart warm from the moment they had shared.

Suddenly Erin halted. She turned around for a moment, still not being too far.

"Thank you." She whispered as she felt her eyes water, but no tears fell, since none should.

Kai was already looking at her, he saw as her green eyes shined from the reflection of the moon.

He simply smiled back at Erin, letting her know that he was there. No matter what.

The night breeze blew past. Erin closed her eyes for a moment then turned back around with a smile.

Kai kept his smile and turned the other way, walking away as he looked up at the moon.

Erin stuffed her hands deep into her pockets again as she continued walking feeling anxious.

She hadn't been to their grave in so long, and now, Emiko was there too.

'I wonder how many graves i need to keep digging...' Erin sighed, 'I can't keep losing people. I won't allow it.' She looked up at the sky.

Erin looked ahead seeing the graveyard slowly coming into view. Her heart began to beat faster.

She walked into the graveyard, knowing exactly where to go. Erin passed all of the graves wondering what was each of their stories.

A set of five graves who were laid towards the end of the graveyard came into view.

Erin inhaled a sharp breath as she walked towards them.

Immediately tears formed in her eyes as the feeling was too overwhelming.

She halted as she stood right in front of them. Her eyes scanned them, seeing each of her parents' names. Then she saw Horan's gave; and next to it was another one.

Her eyes read the name, 'Emiko Tamaya'.

Tears fell from her eyes, "I'm back." She whispered helplessly feeling empty.

But there was a little spark in her heart at that moment. No matter how hard it was to come back, and see them, but that made her remember.

It made her remember exactly why she was who she was, and why she did what she did.

Kai's words rung in her head.

"Instead of running from it, take it with you, and make it your own."

She closed her eyes feeling them. Feeling their sadness. Happiness. Anger. Sorrow.

Tears endlessly fell as Erin was reunited with her family. After so long.

"I'll keep my promise." She whispered as images of her making that exact same promise.

'It was so long ago.' She shook her head as she bit her lip, 'Was i truly that young...?' Erin took a deep breath and opened her eyes.

"I'll keep it until the day i die." She clenched her fist as her face slowly relaxed, she was no longer crying.

The tears slowly dried and she slowly realized, truly understood what she was meant to do.

Erin sighed and looked up at the moon, feeling her heart heavy, but she was truly back. And she was here to stay.

She slowly looked away and around, feeling her surroundings. As Erin looked to her far left, she saw a figure standing.

Erin narrowed her eyes at the person who stood not too far from her but not close either.

Her breath hitched as she knew exactly who it was. Her eyes widen as she let out a deep breath.

She bit the inside of her cheek and without thinking, her feet moved on their own, towards the man.

As she came closer and closer her heart felt like it was going to explode. She clenched her jaw as she didn't know why she was even walking towards him.

Before she knew it, she stood right next to the person she had been wanting to see.

His familiar silver hair, the black mask she knew all too well. It felt unreal.

Kakashi slowly glanced to his side, locking eyes with Erin.

His eyes roamed her body, though it was dark, he noticed the dried tears on her face.

"Hi." Erin choked out as she looked into his single black eye feeling as he saw right through her.

Kakashi sighed as he heard her fragile voice which had matured, "Hey." He replied.

Erin swallowed as she heard his deep voice. The one she hasn't heard in a while since the night she said goodbye.

She stepped closer to him and faced the grave he was looking at earlier as Kakashi kept his eyes on her the whole time.

"Rin." Erin mumbled as she read her name, "I assume she meant a lot to you." She spoke.

Kakashi cleared his throat and looked back down at Rin's grave, "Yes, she did." He replied.

They stood beside one another, slowly getting used to the presence of the other.

"Did you visit your parents?" Kakashi asked as he kept his eyes on the grave.

Erin sighed, "Yeah, i really wanted to as soon as i came back." She nodded, "But i fell asleep..." She mumbled.

Kakashi let out a small chuckle, "I'm not surprised." He replied already having a small smile on his face.

Erin chuckled, "What is that supposed to mean." She narrowed her eyes.

She didn't even notice how he was able to shift her mood so quickly.

"It meant, you haven't changed." Kakashi looked back up at her.

Erin's smile faded a bit, "Well, i hope you didn't either." She returned.

Kakashi looked into her eyes, "Still your friendly neighborhood creep." He mocked at the nickname she used to call him.

Erin let out a chuckle that turned into laughter, she smiled as she hadn't heard him joke in so long which she assumed was the reason it sounded so funny.

Kakashi shook his head, but he couldn't ignore her laughter which he hadn't heard in so long.

Erin sighed still wearing a smile, "You better not change." She mocked but they both knew she meant it.

The aura was less tense and became lighter making the two feel a lot more comfortable.

Kakashi stayed silent as he wasn't sure there was a right answer.

Erin sighed and looked up at the moon, "Do you want to go for a walk?" She asked randomly, not thinking too much.

Kakashi turned to look at her a little taken back since it was out of the blue, "Sure." He simply answered.

Erin gave him a small smile and walked away, Kakashi followed her out of the graveyard.

"Why are you up so late?" Kakashi suddenly asked as they walked down a path Erin was leading them on.

Erin shrugged, "Just couldn't stop thinking." She replied feeling better about it since her talk with Kai.

"About you coming back?" Kakashi asked as he glanced at her.

Erin sighed as she placed a hand into her pocket, "Yeah i guess. It's just a lot." She said honestly.

She glanced over at him only to find that he was already looking at her, "Uh..." She quickly looked away, "So how have you been, these three years."

Kakashi looked away, "Fine. Just focusing on training with Naruto and Sakura." He replied.

Erin nodded, "I see." She smiled, "I wonder how Naruto is doing." She almost chuckled as she remembered the blond.

Kakashi sighed, "He wouldn't stop talking about you up until he left." He groaned.

Erin chuckled, "Really?" She raised a brow, "When did he return?" Erin asked as she glanced at him.

Kakashi thought for a moment, "About six months ago. He asked me when will you be back though, you should go see him." He said.

Erin looked away with a small smile, "Yeah, i will, i just needed this day for myself, you know."

Kakashi nodded, "I figured." He sighed.

"I heard about everything." Erin spoke making Kakashi look over at her.

"About Akatsuki, Sasuke...everything." She mumbled making Kakashi look away, "How are they with all of that." She asked looking at Kakashi.

Kakashi let out a deep breath, "It's not easy, but they are strong." He looked up at the sky, "Naruto is focused on getting Sasuke back and fighting Akatsuki; Sakura is getting stronger." He said.

Erin smiled as she listened to the way he talked about them, "They are amazing..." She mumbled as she looked away.

Kakashi looked over at her, "You should help them train if you'd like." He offered.

Erin smiled, "If it means spending more time with you, then hell no." She rolled her eyes.

Kakashi let out a chuckle, "Is that so? Then why did you ask me to go on a walk with you?" He raised a brow.

Erin sighed, "Well," She grinned, "I noticed just how much you had missed me, so i had to offer." She teased.

Kakashi scoffed, "Yeah right," He stuffed his hands down his pockets, "I missed you terribly..." He mocked.

Erin let out a chuckle which faded as he said those words. She wanted to hear him say it, but not as a joke. But why?

Kakashi looked around, "Where are we going?" He asked as they were now walking on a path in the woods.

Erin blinked a few times snapping out of her thoughts, "A place that i haven't been in since i left. You know it." She mumbled.

They walked in comfortable silence for a few minutes. Erin glanced at him from time to time and occasionally she would accidentally lock eyes with Kakashi.

"Here we are." Erin cleared her throat as they reached a certain cliff.

Kakashi sighed, "I see. I remember now." He glanced at Erin who wore a satisfied smile.

Erin took in a deep breath as the wind was a little strong since they were out in the open. Her brown hair flew in all directions as she looked at the village that was lit up at night.

Kakashi sighed and for a moment he glanced at Erin, not processing how much she had changed, but deep inside she was still the same.

Erin looked back at him with a smile making Kakashi clear his throat and look away.

"Come on." Erin mumbled as she sat down near the edge looking down at the view.

Kakashi said nothing and sat down next to her, not too close but not too far.

"Iv never been here at night, it's beautiful." Erin mumbled as she kept her eyes on the view.

Kakashi nodded, "It's nice." He agreed.

The two sat in silence for a bit, enjoying the nice weather and the beautiful view.

"I was scared things were going to change when i come back," Erin spoke, "I didn't want them to. But i guess you can't stop that from happening."

Kakashi listened to her words, "Sometimes change is needed. It's crucial. Without change, our life cant continue." He stated.

Erin nodded, "I guess that's true." She mumbled, "I hope you'll still keep your promise." She smiled.

Kakashi looked back at her as images from that night she said goodbye flashed in his mind.

Kakashi chuckled, "I will." He mumbled as he looked into her eyes, "How can i not, you make it so hard not to." He added.

Erin sighed, "Whatever." As his words rang her head...

"Because i know no matter how long you will be gone, i will always think of you as an annoying little pest."

She chuckled as remembered it all.

"You know, I'm still mad about what happened?" Erin said as she leaned back, her arms supporting her.

Kakashi looked over at her confused, "What?" He tried to remember.

"You laughed at me when i tried to say goodbye." She chuckled as she spoke.

"Oh, that." Kakashi let out a loud chuckle, "You were so serious." He defended himself as he continued to chuckle.

Erin laughed out loud, "You traumatized me! I was so serious, and you laughed." She continued to laugh.

Kakashi joined in, "I said i was sorry." He stated, "You acted like you were going to leave forever." He sighed.

Erin chuckled as she looked up at the sky, "It felt like it." She mumbled.

Kakashi let out a sigh, "I guess i can't blame you for that." He said honestly.

Erin bit her lip as more memories from that night came back to her, "I meant it." She mumbled.

Kakashi looked over at her, "Meant what?" He asked.

Erin sighed, "I said I'd miss you. And i did." She didn't know why she even said that; it could have been the heat of the moment or that she simply wanted to get it off her chest.

Kakashi looked away over at the streets of Konoha which seemed so little.

He didn't know why she said that, but he knew it was true. And what made him hate himself more was feeling the same. He missed her too.

"So did i." He spoke.

Erin glanced at him, he didn't look her way which made it easier. He had said what she wanted to hear.

But why did she want to hear it. He was her "Teacher" for a bit, then they simply got closer, trained from time to time, and became friends.

It shouldn't be deeper than that. But it was, and that made her wonder. She knew she won't understand it yet so Erin ignored it.

Erin sighed threw herself on the grass, "I hope ill never leave again." She mumbled.

Kakashi glanced at her, "I'll make sure you won't." He replied seeing as she needed reassurance.

Erin looked back at him, "How can you be so sure of that." She chuckled with a small smile as she sat up to lean on her elbows.

Kakashi rolled his eyes, "Because," He leaned back onto his hands, "I don't want you to leave either." He simply said.

Erin's smile faded as she stared at the man. He never expressed his emotions nor did he ever care to.

Did he miss her as much as she did? Did he...?

Erin sighed and looked away and up at the moon.

The two sat there for a while, enjoying the view, the wind, and each other's company.

They said nothing, because why would they? They both knew the truth.

And finally, after three years, they were sitting by one another again, having a late-night talk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 2.2K 37
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
115K 3.7K 17
Sakura was on the very same bench Sasuke has left her. Crying with such sorrowful tears that it quickly saddened her surroundings. She was crying for...
123K 3.7K 81
"๐“๐ก๐š๐ง๐ค ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ˆ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐๐ข๐๐ง๐ญ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ฏ๐ž. ๐”๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ ๐ฐ๏ฟฝ...
4.7K 145 13
I love you once. But you were so cold back then. But, I was so happy that you hate me. Then, I have something I need to settle with, goodbye my love...