AFTER HOURS [H.S]

By wat3rme1on

Olives whole life has just been her and her dad and the carnival. Setting up, attending, and taking down ever... More

character list
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two

chapter fourteen

878 20 7
By wat3rme1on

OLIVES POV:

I woke up this morning to Zayn holding a tray of waffles and fresh cut berries.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty." He says with a smile.

"What's all this Z?" I question while rubbing my eyes and adjusting to the light pouring into the bedroom.

"Figured you could use a pick up." He smiled and sat down beside me.

We ate and talked for a little before I decided it was time for me to go home.

When I got there I was not expecting what I walked into.

My house was full of random men. Some dressed in suits and some dressed like they just crawled out of a storm drain. I was shocked to say the least.

"Olive, what are you doing home?" My dad asks.

"I got bored and decided I should come home. Is everything alright? Who are all these men?" I ask.

"Everything's fine, don't worry your pretty little head about it." He smiles.

"Hey Apollo where do you want this-" A voice booms from behind me. Why's Harry here?

"Olive?" He asks.

"Why the hell are you here?" I ask.

"Olive why don't you just go to your room. When I'm done with all of this how about we go to dinner?" My dad says.

"Yeah, okay that sounds good." I smile and walk up to my room.

"Oli, can we talk for a minute please?" Harry practically begs.

"Not now Harry. I'm still fucking pissed at you." I say without turning around.

"I'll be here when you're ready." He smiles as I close my bedroom door.

What the fuck is going on down there? It's not even the multitude of other people but why is Harry here?

My mind travels to that night at the carnival, when I saw Harry and all the boys with my dad, does this have something to do with what was going on?

I mean it would make sense in a way. My dad just doesn't go around punching my friends but him and Harry seemed pretty docile just a few moments ago.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing, Layla's calling so as usual I pick up my phone.

"Hey Layla-" I get cut off by the sound of her crying and yelling.

"Olive did you hear about what happened at the fire last night?" She cries.

"Um I'm guessing not why are you crying?" I ask.

"Someone was fucking shot Olive, she was shot dead right against a fucking tree." What the fuck is she talking about?

"Hold on a second, what did you just say?"

"I said someone was fucking shot Olive! Clean out your ears next time!" She huffs through the phone.

"Do you know who it was?" I ask.

"Some bitch in a striped shirt I guess. She had dark hair but I have no clue who she was." Layla says which instantly makes my heart stop.

Monica.

Monica was wearing a striped shirt last night.

"Layla, did you get her name at all?" I ask not sure I really want the answer.

"It started with an M but that doesn't matter, WE were at that bonfire last night! That could have been us instead of her!" Layla yells.

"But it wasn't us Layla, listen I've gotta go. I'll ask my dad about it more and get back to you okay?" I say before hanging up the phone.

I open my door and peek down the stairs for Harry. Once I spot his long hair I whisper yell his name which instantly gets his attention.

"Come here!" I whisper yell to the long haired asshole down the steps.

Instantly Harry's quickly walking up the stairs and following me into my bedroom.

"Why didn't you tell me Monica got shot at the fire last night?" I ask getting straight to the point.

"What?" Harry chokes.

"Fucking Monica got shot at the fire last night Harry!" I yell as I hear something fall downstairs.

Instantly Harry's hand is covering my mouth and he's pushing me into the bathroom connected to my room.

"Who the hell told you about that?" He snarls. Why's he so mad?

"Layla called and told me but it should've been you considering she was up our fucking ass last night." I say with a roll of my eyes.

"Listen, how did you expect me to tell you when you won't even speak to me huh?" He asks.

Okay I mean he has a point there.

"Fine but still. A girl we fought with less than 24 hours ago was found dead, anyone who saw us at the fire last night is going to turn us in!" I say starting to panic.

"Fuck Oli listen to me, nobody is going to come and question us okay? I promise." Harry says while taking my face into his hands

"Ew, get your hands off of me." I say shrugging his hands off as he rolls his eyes.

"We're going to be fine Olive, I have to go back downstairs but I promise we are going to be alright." He says before walking out of my room.

Holy shit I literally got no information at all.

I decide to take a shower and head over to Bo's for a little bit by myself. I'm not really in the mood to be around anyone.

Walking into Bo and Addie's restaurant I take a look around and feel my heart sink for what feels like the 80th time today.

Jane's here.

The bell on the door signaling that the door shut behind someone has Jane turning her head around and seeing me. The smile that was plastered on her face slowly fades into nothing.

I clear my throat and head over to the counter where Bo is.

"Hey darlin, what are you up to?" He asks.

"You know me Bo, living dangerously." I joke which makes him smile.

"Oh yes Olive, you're so dangerous." He quips which makes me laugh.

Suddenly I see someone sit down next to me and I then notice it's Jane.

"Can we talk?" She asks.

"Of course, I've been meaning to get ahold of you but things have gotten kind of crazy." I say.

"It's fine, don't even worry, do you wanna go somewhere and talk or just stay here?" She asks.

"You wouldn't be against staying here would you?" I ask nervously.

"Not at all Honey, if this is where you're comfortable I'm more than happy to stay here." She smiles and scoots her stool a little bit closer.

"So you and Harry?" Okay wow Jane get straight to the point.

"Um, nothing. It was a stupid kiss that turned into nothing-" I say before she cuts me off.

"Good because I'd love to get back together." She grabs my hands and laces it into her own.

"See Jane that's the thing, I dont think I'm ready for a relationship right now." I say which has her tearing our hands apart.

"So you're leading me on once again." She laughs.

"What? I'm not leading you on. I'm literally telling you I'm not ready right now." I say, very confused.

How am I leading her on again? She said she wanted to get back together and I said I wasn't ready, it was simple and straight to the point. Right?

"No, because you agreed to talk which made me think we were okay and now you decide you're not ready for a relationship? Let me ask this Olive, not ready for one with me because you're too sucked into a world where you'll end up with big bad Harry? He's just going to hurt you Olive but in the end it's your fault, you're the one who keeps falling for his fucking bullshit. The day he hurts you again will be the best day of my fucking life you dumb-" She gets cut off by a very angry Addie.

"I suggest you get the fuck out of my diner before I throw your nasty little ass out of here." She says leaving no room for conversation.

"Whatever." Jane says while grabbing her stuff.

"I didn't ask for no goddamn attitude. Move a little faster why don't ya." Addie says back which earns her a middle finger and then Jane walks out of the door.

"You alright sweetie?" Addie asks while twirling some of my hair between her fingers.

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks for defending me." I smile.

"Of course Olive, you deserve to be defended every day of every week." She kisses my cheek before walking back to the kitchen and helping the cook.

See it's not that hard to defend someone you love. If only Harry could see that.

It might be stupid that I'm mad at him for everything but I also have a right to be mad. He sits around saying he wants us and all this bullshit but keeps his mouth shut when I'm insulted.

I wish he would've done something to at least defend me.

I can't help but find myself shocked by Jane's words.

I hope she doesn't hold this grudge against me because I can forgive her for those harsh words and maybe be friends. She seems cool enough and I know everyone else likes her.

I sigh and just watch the way Bo and Addie work together.

He always gives her swift kisses on the head when he walks by or just reminds her how beautiful she looks. Addie is gorgeous, absolutely stunning.

She carries herself in a way that would make every woman in the world envious.

I first met Addie a couple months after I started coming here. At first it was just me here almost every single day just sitting in the back booth reading by myself.

Eventually Bo came over and started talking and then when Addie saw me her face lit up with joy. From that day on I became the daughter her and Bo never got to have.

They were young when they first got together, still in highschool young. Bo told me a story about him picking her up from her house and speeding to some car race while she was changing in the backseat of his truck.

Her mother was a very strict woman. Wouldn't let her wear short skirts or go along with whatever was trending. She wanted to make sure Addie was a proper classy young lady, or well as Addie once said, "She didn't want me to dress like a whore but in my opinion there are no whores in this world. Some people like sex with one person and some like to have multiple partners. Everyone has different desires."

Anyways that night she brought a short skirt with her that one of Bo's sisters bought for her. Bo was perfectly fine with how she dressed. He loved her for her brain and what she stood for but he loved that she was trying to break the rules and be bad.

He proposed to her not long after. They got married and skipped their own wedding reception to go to another car race. They practically lived at race tracks when they were younger. Sometimes traveling states away just for them.

That came to a stop when Bo decided he wanted to open the diner and Addie loved the idea. She loved Bo's cooking and was happy he finally wanted to let other people experience what he could do in the kitchen.

I always wanted a relationship like theirs. They've supported each other through everything and never backed down from a fight.

They have the kind of love that can never be broken. They've loved and laughed and fought and cried but they never went to bed angry at each other.

The more I think about them the more my mind goes back to Harry and I.

I like Harry, it's no secret, I did last year and I do now. I just have a hard time trusting when things would go right for me.

I struggle with things actually going well, I always find the worst in the situation and I know that's not a good thing but I do it anyways.

"Hey Addie?" I called out.

"Yes Olive," She says while walking out from the kitchen drying her hands off.

"How did you know Bo was the one?" I asked curiously.

"He never gave up on me. No matter how many times I would ask for space or get mad at him over silly things he would still show up to make dinner, he'd still make sure I knew he wanted me. Nothing pushed him away. No matter how hard I might have tried. Why you askin sweetheart?" She smiles.

"Addie what do I do?" I whine and throw my head into my hands.

"You already know what to do Olive, your mind just has to catch up with that heart of yours." She runs her hands through my hair before walking away.

Addies right. I know what to do, I know what I want, everything just has to catch up.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure this conversation made my mind and my heart finally sync together.

There's no way I could actually be in love with Harry fucking Styles.

Or could I?

A/N

Howdy partners, how do we feel about sweet Olive's little realization? Thank you so much for 20k! We love all of you so much. See you soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.4K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
1M 42.8K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.1M 48.1K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
312K 10.2K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...