breathe.{ʀ. ʜᴀʟᴇ}

By summersunforeverrr

⸺ ANDIE SWAN'S life was never meant to be normal. She was an A+ student from the time she was in kindergarte... More

act one | twilight
01 | music class
02 | hospital lights
03 | promise?
04 | la push, baby!
05 | a sunny day in the ice age
06 | stay the night
07 | skipping
08 | vampire dinner party
09 | memory box
10 | three little words
11 | baseball
12 | oxygen
13 | going, going, gone.
15 | goodbye note
16 | waking up
17 | prom night
act two | new moon
18 | birthdays
19 | modern-day juliet
20 | party
21 | leaving
22 | three months over
23 | adrenaline
24 | breaking & entering
25 | movies
26 | new york
27 | from the forest
28 | wolves
29 | vampire girls
30 | cliff dive
31 | visitors
32 | italy
33 | saving
34 | the volturi
35 | coming home

14 | not my home

5.5K 217 8
By summersunforeverrr

I think that Bella is in shock. 

Alice was smiling, and Jasper was handing her a five dollar bill. That pulled me out of my sorrows, even making me smirk a bit, "Are you betting on me?"

"We were until Alice beat me." Jasper smiled. "How are you guys?"

I looked over to Bella, curled up in her seat. A few minutes ago she was staring at me, in shock, and now she's fast asleep. 

"I'm..." I trailed off, sighing. "Bella is... sleeping."

"She needs it." Alice says confidently. 

"What's... what's going to happen Alice?" I asked, my hands twiddling in my lap. 

Alice takes a long sigh, looking into the rearview mirror, making immediate eye contact with me. "It's all up in the air right now. How long it will take, where we will go..."

"Who will survive?" I question, my voice shaky.

Alice hesitates. "Unclear."

"You don't need to worry." Jasper reassured me. "We're going to be okay. You're Rosalie's mate, that means that you're apart of the family."

I consider that for a moment. "Am I now in a cult?" 

Alice is smirking, I can tell she knows how to cheer me up. "Yes, basically."

I try to hold in my laughter, but my cheeks hurt, and soon Alice is laughing with me.

And even sooner after that, I start to see the orange sandy, rolling hills of Ariozna. 

It no longer felt like my home.

──────────

Once we were settled in, at the hotel, things started to set in. Alice and Jasper were constantly on the phone with Carlisle, or randomly staring off into space. (I knew they were basically dead, but damn! They look like they are corpses!) 

I sat down on the foot of the bed, where Bella sat with her knees to her chest, trying to take up as little space as possible. I wish I could see inside her head, I wish i could understand her and help her. I wonder if she wishes the same for me. 

Eventually, I break the silence, saying, "You know, I'm depressed that the person I love isn't here, just like you, but... Bella, talk to me. I've been worried. I didn't want to tell you that I love her because I was scared." Tears well up in my eyes. "Please, Bella, I'm scared. I want her here, I need you to be my sister. I'm being a good sister."

Bella looks up finally, and holds open her arms and she places an arm around me, trying to comfort me. "I'm scared too."

I wipe my eyes, "We all are. You... don't mind, do you?"

"Of course not!" Bella says.

"Just making sure." I smile widely.

"I don't mind that you love Rosalie. In fact, I think thats good for you. She's always seemed oddly protective of you, it makes more sense now." Bella smiles down at me. "As long as you stop making fun of Edward."

I Chuckle and roll my eyes, "Fine."

"But you love her?" Bella asked. 

"Of course I do."

A tense silence settles over us after that. "They'll be okay, right?" I ask. I imagine Rosalie, her smiling face, her cold lips against mine. And then I imagine James chasing after her, overpowering her... hurting her. I shiver and shuffle closer to Bella. She doesn't answer. She stayed silent. 

──────────

Finally, Alice made us come out of the hotel bed and sit at the little table the hotel provided, placing food in front of us that we didn't eat. 

Bella sighed, "I wish they'd call."

I felt the same way as I pushed the food around on my plate. Alice sighs, "You should eat." But we continue to ignore the food. It really isn't appealing.

My leg continues to tap on the floor. Anxiety radiates off of me. "They could get hurt. This isn't worth it."

"Yes, it is." Jasper speaks up from the couch, beside Alice. I'm a little taken aback. I thought Jasper would never really talk to me, considering he was struggling with the 'vegetarian' diet. "Edward and Rosalie have both changed since they found you. We don't want to look into their eyes for the next 100 years if they lose you." Jasper insists.

I smile. "Thank you."

Suddenly, Alice gasps. Jasper grips her arm, asking, "What do you see?"

"The tracker..." Alice says with deep worry, "He changed his course."

Jasper put out a pad and a pencil in front of her. "Where is he going?" He asks gently. 

Alice sounds confused. "Mirrors... A room full of mirrors?" She starts to sketch on the piece of paper, the pencil moving rapidly across the page. 

"How do the visions work?" Bella asked. "Edward said they weren't always certain."

Jasper explains, "She sees the course people are on, why they're on it. The person changes, the visions change."

"So..." I look to Alice's drawing. "The path James is on will lead him to a... ballet studio?"

Alice stops immediately. "You've been here?"

"I don't know." I stutter.

Bella speaks up, "The ballet studio I used to go to had an arch like that."

"Is your ballet studio here in Phoenix?" Jasper asked.

"Yeah, around the corner from our house. I haven't been there in ten years." Bella says.

"Do either of you have a reason to go there now?" Jasper asked again.

"Hell no!" Bella and I said it at the same time. "We both hated the place." I explained. 

Bella and I jump as the phone rings. Alice is there in less than a second, Talking in a low volume at a rapid pace. I sigh and walk back into the bedroom, as I hear Bella answering the phone for Edward. 

I laid on the bed, wishing I could hear her voice. Wishing she could hold me. Wishing she could kiss me right now, making it all go away. Then Bella comes in with the phone, saying, "Rosalie wants to talk to you."

It takes only those words for me to be energized again, jumping out of bed and grabbing the phone. I put it to my ear quickly, "Rosalie?" 

"Andie." She sighed. I felt like a weight was being lifted off my shoulders, hearing her voice. "Andie, I'm coming to get you. We're gonna be together, okay?"

"Okay." I smiled. "Where's James, though?"

"We lost him." Rosalie says, her voice breaking. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to let you down."

"No." I say immediately. "You didn't."

"Are you okay?" Rosalie asked.

"I'm fine." I sighed. "I miss you. I miss you so much."

"I miss you too." Rosalie said. "I'll be there in a few hours. We'll go somewhere safe, while the others keep hunting." Rosalie sounded determined now. "You're going to be safe, Andie."

Tears welled over my eyes finally, and I said, "I love you."

"I love you more." Was how she responded.

──────────

helloooo

okay so i made a mistake.... emily's name is now Elena bc there are two emilys..... DONT CALL ME STUPID IKKKKK

anyway. so I love this chapter. we are coming close to the end !!!! a few more chapters.

ALSO THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 10K READS WHAT 

GUYS THAT IS INSANE

anyways, thank you so much for that!

lola

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 423 5
in which lorraine hawthorne wasn't always lorraine hawthorne, for once she was not only a killer but a monster. „i'm not supposed to engage myself wi...
1.4M 32.2K 76
This story is complete and unedited ⚠️Warning⚠️ Smut in this Book!- Description of sexual activity, body parts, Inappropriate language, gif that sho...
561K 15.7K 36
Olivia Swan was the elder twin of Bella Swan. She was the life of the party. She was a daddy's girl. She brought smiles to the faces of everyone s...
537K 16.6K 30
~~BOOK 1 of the Soffia Swan Series~~ When 17 year-old Bella Swan and her 15 year-old sister Soffia Swan moved to live with their father in the uneven...