Night Changes - L.H.

By badasluke

When was the last time you had to let go of something so important to you that you had to drop everything an... More

Prologue
One
Two

Three

38 3 5
By badasluke

December 25, 2010

Age: 14

I take one last look in my bathroom mirror.

Nice.

Today we are going over to Lynn's house for Christmas day. But this is not like other Christmas' where we just give and receive presents from one another and bond with each other. I might just be doing a bit more. I was helping the Davis family decorate for the holiday and I found a mistletoe hiding in one of the boxes so I decided to hang that up in her treehouse.

You've probably would've guessed by now. Yeah that's right. It is I, Lucas Hemmings, making his move on his best friend. I feel like she is the right one for me to share my first kiss with. I like her. A lot. But I don't want to ruin our friendship. Plus, she probably doesn't even feel the same way.

I shake my head to push away the thought. I sigh,"Let's do this."

"Come on Lucas! We're gonna leave you if you don't hurry up!" called Jack.

"Coming!" I responded. I grabbed Jocelynn's present and my guitar and headed downstairs where the rest of my family were waiting.

"You're bringing your guitar?" asked Ben as we all put on our seatbelt.

"I always bring my guitar when I go to her house," I replied. He nods slowly and turns away to look outside the window.

As I tune my guitar, my mind starts to drift off to today's plan.

What if she rejects my kiss?

What if I didn't practice good enough that I didn't kiss her right?!

What if the kiss was so awkward that we won't even dare to look or talk to each other...?

Oh god, is this even a good plan??

We pull up in front of their driveway with the Davis's waiting outside with big smiles. Uncle Matthew is smoking on the porch, as usual, Auntie Caitlyn standing in the doorway, and a happy Jocelynn running towards us. I grab and present and my guitar and hop out of the car first and run towards her with open arms.

"Merry Christmas Lu!" she says as she throws her arms around my neck.

"Merry Christmas Lynn!" I chuckle wrapping my arms around her waist. After we all greet each other, Lynn takes my hand and drags me inside.

"Come on! Let's go open our presents in the treehouse," she said taking me to the backyard. Instead of climbing the ladder, I climb up from inside the slide pushing her present up as I go. I hear Lynn giggle from the other end. "Why did you get me such a big present? I would be fine with just a pair of fluffy socks!"

"You deserve something better than a pair of fluffy socks." Once I finally reach the top, I push the present towards her and collapse on the floor. "Why did we make the slide so long and steep?" Lynn rolls her eyes and pulls me off the floor. We take a seat on the couch and I hand her my present first.

I watch her lift the present up, checking it's weight. She takes a deep breath and starts unwrapping. I bite down on my lip at process of getting that present. I have to tell her. Her jaw drops as she sees the shape of the case. "You did not..." she trails off. I smile and said,"Oh I did, now open the case."

She grins as she slowly opens the case. Her eyes widen as she puts her hands over her mouth and gasps. She sets the guitar down beside her, gets up, and tackles me down with a giant tight hug. "Thank you so much Lu," she mumbles,"Thank you thank you thank you." I laugh and give her a small squeeze.

"You deserve it," I said rubbing her back.

Tell her.

We pull apart and she takes her guitar and sits right beside me. "It's a black Gibson Hummingbird too. So shiny and clean," she murmurs while running her fingers up and down the neck of the guitar.

Tell her now.

"Yeah..." I said softly. She stops feeling her guitar and looks at me.

"What's wrong?" she asks.

Do it Lucas.

"It's not new, Lynn," I pause. Her reaction didn't change surprisingly. "I bought it used from my cousin because I couldn't afford a brand new one. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't. I replaced the strings and the pegs. Then cleaned the whole guitar. I even tuned it for you too." Jocelynn's eyes haven't left mine which made me a bit nervous. She then laces her hand with mine and gives it a small squeeze followed by a gentle smile.

"Does it look like I care that it was used?" I shake my head. "I still love it, Lu! I'll take whatever you give me and use it with a lot of care. Like our friendship," she smiles. I blink rapidly for a second to take in what just came out from her mouth. I swore my heart stopped.

"Here, this is your present," she says handing me two penguin wrapped presents. with a white ribbon on top of both. "You should open the box first," she suggests pointing at the medium sized box. I remove the ribbon and start ripping the wrapping paper to a point where an imagine of a camera shows. Not just any camera. A canon 70d camera!

"You can finally make videos of you singing now. Or take pictures or blog or whatever your heart desires with a camera." I smile big just looking at it. I take it out from it's box and give it a feel.

"Oh my gosh," I mouth. I set it down on the coffee table and went in to hug Jocelynn, but she backed away.

"Don't thank me until you open the second one. Hold on, let me get my laptop," she said heading up her ladder to the second floor. I pick up my camera again and turn it on. I look through the camera lens, gasping at the image though it.

"Boo!"

I jump backwards as Lynn starts laughing. "Ah, never gets old. Hey! We should take your first picture on there!"

Then a light bulb in my head just turned on.

The plan.

I nod and look up and see that we are directly under the mistletoe. Perfect.

"Okay, let's take it right here," I said. I can feel my heart starting to beat out of my chest as we get into our positions. Oh gosh. Oh gosh.

You can do it.

I lick my lips as I lift the camera upwards pointing the lens towards us.

"Say cheese on three. One..."

"Two..."

Do it now!

Right before I say three, I immediately smash my lips against hers wrapping an arm around her waist to bring her closer. I feel myself melt into her lips as a ton of butterflies release in my stomach. Then I snap the picture.

We open our eyes as we pull apart slowly from each other.

"W-what was that for...?" she asks shyly as a hint of pink starts peeking from her cheeks. I smile and point my finger up towards the ceiling. She follows my finger with her baby blue eyes focused on the mistletoe hanging above us.

"You son of a gun," she grins while shaking her head. "You did get me there." She shoves my shoulder and takes a seat on the couch. I wink at her as I set down my camera and pick up the second present.

I couldn't help but ask her,"Was it bad?"

"Was what bad?"

"You know...the erm...kiss?"

She blankly stares at me,"Well that was my first kiss so I don't really know, but that was a pretty good kiss for my first time experience." I sit down next to her nodding and smiling at her answer. I swear my stomach is doing front flips.

Score!

After opening the second present, it showed a CD case labeled in bold letters.

Friendship memories of Lucas and Jocelynn

I take out the CD and hand it to Jocelynn. She inserts the CD into her laptop.

"You ready?" she asks before she presses play. I look at her weirdly and nod. She presses play and puts a box of tissue in front of us. The video starts out with a beat I could recognize from anywhere. I was the one who showed her this song. A little video of miniature us. I remember her mom took this when we were playing hide and seek in the park and I was the one to go out and seek for Jocelynn.

"I can't find her Auntie!" little me grunted.

"You didn't even look Lucas," Auntie Cait giggled. I watch myself sigh and look around the playground. Then I saw Jocelynn hiding in the slide trying to hold in her laugh. After a couple seconds, little me gave up and started crying, burying my face into my hands.

"I miss Lynn," little me hiccuped from the tears. The Auntie Caitlyn starts laughing. I watch Jocelynn crawl out from the slide and run towards me.

"Lu! I'm right here!" she says tapping my shoulder. I look up from my hands and gasp.

"Jocelynn! I thought you were gone forever!" I said throwing my arms around her.

"I'll never leave you Lucas! You're my best friend forever," she giggles.

I grin at the memory. Then the song comes on again and a little slide show of photos starts to show. Each one of them shows us growing. I took my time to look at each photo carefully and remembering the memory.

"I love you Lu Lu!" little Jocelynn's voice said in the background.

"I love you too Lynnie!" little me replied.

~*~

The video is finally coming to a close and I'm already in tears. So is Jocelynn. All the times we shared so far, it's almost all in this CD.

"Hey Lucas," said Jocelynn. I remove the tissue that I was using to wipe my eyes to look at the screen. There showed Jocelynn in her room with a big smile bringing out the shine in her beautiful blue eyes.

"How is my all time favorite doing? Good? Good. Not good? Well, I hoped this video cheered you up. You are probably wondering why I made you this video for Christmas and not something better. Sorry for that. The actual purpose of this video is to show you how strong our friendship is. It is pretty strong if I do say so myself. Our friendship literally changed my life. As cheesy as it sounds...if you weren't here, I do not know what I'd be or who I'd be. I'm serious. So thank you, thank you for being with me throughout my life and sticking right there, next to me. Sometimes I ask myself these questions from time to time. Why are you my friend? Why do you even like me? Or how do you even stand being around me? Then I answer them myself. Maybe because we are literally the same person! Just a different gender that came from different parents! Crazy right? We both love the color blue, we both LOVE music, we share the same dream which is one day maybe we form a music group and rule the world with our voices. We are both awkward, mostly you. You make me laugh even by just telling me the stupidest jokes. Or just acting stupid in general. Don't worry, I wouldn't let you act stupid alone anyways. I love how you dance because you look like a cute lanky noodle who is literally moving his hips side to side and your hands waving in the air like you just don't care. Your smile is the best. Maybe second in line right before your eyes. The other two questions...I can't really answer. Only you have the answers for me. But don't tell me yet. I don't want to know now. Anyways, thank you Lucas Robert Hemmings. Thank you for being there when no one else was. I love you best friend! Better love me back! Oh by the way, there is two other videos after this. But you are not allowed to watch them. In order for you to watch the second video, you have to be 18! I know 4 years sound pretty long but I'm going to tell you now, don't ruin it for yourself," Jocelynn winks.

She mouths 'see ya later' as she pretends to hug the camera and brings her lips to the lens to give it a quick peck. I look down at my arms and see that it is covered in my tears. Then the computer was shut closed by Jocelynn right before the second video can appear. We both look at each other and laugh. I noticed she had tears too.

"Oh Lucas, you're such a baby," she laughs wiping her tears.

"Shut up, you're crying too," I said wrapping my arms around her waist. I pull her down in the position where her head lays on my chest.

"I love you so much best friend," I said hugging her tight.

"I love you so much too best friend," she giggles while rubbing my hands with hers.

Merry Freaking Christmas to me...

___________

GUYS IM ALIVE! Sorry for that horrible long wait): I just got off from school so that means I have more time to do this story! I hope you guys like it cause I did omgg

AGAIN SORRY FOR THE WAIT LOVES

Tumblr: badasluke

Twitter: badasluke

Awesome possum :)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 51.9K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
385K 6.3K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.1M 59.9K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
134K 2.7K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...