A Bright Future {Naruto x Rea...

By PikaJovi

Book 2 of the Naruto x Reader story! They thought that the worst of things had passed, and they could go abou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 31

1K 47 77
By PikaJovi

(Y/N)'s POV:

Studying for the Jōnin exam was definitely worth it once we did the actual exam. Naruto has done the Chunin exam before, so he had an idea of how things could go, and he, of course, told me all about them.

When Kakashi said it would take us two years to really be ready to become Jōnin, I thought he was pulling our leg or trying to motivate us to work harder. But now... Two years later, having passed our exam and gotten promoted. We know it's a good thing we did all that preparation before.

Naruto was beyond ecstatic about this promotion! He always felt like he was behind all of his friends since they got promoted before him when he was training with Jiraiya. Then, he concentrated on getting Sasuke back and the war; he never had the time to focus on himself.

With his new Jōnin title, he's one step closer to becoming Hokage, and he couldn't be happier.

Sakura and I invited all our friends out to celebrate Naruto. Even though it's been a while since we've become Jōnin, this is the first night that everyone is free to hang out and stay up as long as we want to.

"Since when do you want to eat barbeque for dinner?" Naruto asks me as I take him to the restaurant. "Since tonight, it's special, so I thought we would do something a little different." I tell him a small lie. He doesn't know that everyone is going to be there. "I could think of a different way to make tonight special, mm?" he grabs me by my waist and spins me around. "I don't know why tonight is special, but how about we celebrate it alone, at home? Just us." he leans in and starts leaving small pecks all over my neck in the softest ways. "N-Naruto, we have-"

"How about you leave all that mushy stuff till you guys are behind doors? Seriously, get a room." Kiba bumps into Naruto's shoulder. "Kiba, Hinata, how are you, guys?" Naruto leans back but keeps one hand around my waist. "Hello, Naruto. Thank you for the invite (Y/N)." Hinata smiles and gets closer to Kiba.

Hinata and I are somehow friends now. It was a bit awkward at first whenever we bumped into each other, and I was with Naruto. But recently, it seems she doesn't mind us anymore, which is why we somehow got closer. "Of course, it wouldn't be the same without everyone." I tell her.

"What invite? Everyone? What's going on?" Naruto is confused, and that makes Kiba laugh. "Come on." I start walking, and Naruto follows to keep his hand around. We get to the restaurant, and everyone is already there, sitting and ready to greet the man of the hour.

"What? What are you guys doing here?" Naruto asks, but he's already happy. "Well, these two thought we could have a night to celebrate you getting closer to your goal. Congrats on becoming Jōnin, Naruto." Ino points to Sakura and me and goes to hug Naruto.

Everyone gets up in turn to congratulate him, and poor Naruto gets flustered and doesn't know what to say. We all take our seats, "Thank you guys, but it really wasn't necessary." he scratches the back of his neck. "I mean, (Y/N) also became Jōnin. So, I shouldn't be the only one celebrated." he pokes me.

"Well, I'm not aiming to be Hokage. I only took the exam because you told me it would be fun. Just accept the party." I poke him back, and he blushes again. "T-Thanks, guys, really." he tells everyone, and they all start teasing him. "Oh, then we can celebrate you becoming Captain of your own Jōnin team!" Naruto remembers and insists that I get celebrated as well.

The night starts off great, we enjoy all our food and drinks, and we start sharing stories of our recent missions or anything interesting that happened in our days. Once things began to calm down and we were just chatting and hanging out, I started to notice things that were hidden when things were loud...

Kiba and Hinata are sitting next to each other, and they seem to be lost in their own conversations most of the night. They are both smiling and laughing at whatever the other is saying. Could it be? I didn't know something like this was even possible.

Sakura and Sasuke have gotten a lot closer to each other than ever before. People who don't know them would think they are close friends, but to us, we all know something is there. Sasuke still insists that he doesn't deserve her, and Sakura wants no one else. So, they've accepted both their opinions and decided to just enjoy each other's company for now. When the time is right, anything can happen.

Sai and Neji have been acting weird all night. They are usually the quiet ones, but tonight they are even more than usual. Sai keeps glancing at a particular blonde girl, and Neji is trying to keep his composure wherever Tenten talks to him.

I think new love is in the air in Konoha. It's so exciting!

Outside the restaurant, after the night was over, everyone left on their own to their places. Naruto's still talking to Kiba outside while Hinata stands and listens. I tap her shoulder, and we take a few steps away from the boys.

"You don't have to answer me, but I couldn't help but notice how close you and Kiba were tonight. Are you guys...?" I wiggle my eyebrows at her, and her famous red face appears. It's been a while since we've seen that face. "H-How d-did you know?" she whispers.

Oh my god! Hinata and Kiba are together!

"You guys are so cute!" I tell her, and she blushes more. "I mean, I've known you two for a while, so I can tell when DogBreath is being gentle with someone." I laugh, and she joins me. "H-He really is. I didn't think something like this was possible with Kiba, but it's really nice." she admits and looks back at him with a slight blush. "I'm happy for you. Kiba and I might always butt-heads, but I know he's a good guy." Hinata nods, and we continue to talk about their little love life.

Before Naruto and I leave, I tease Kiba by giving him knowing looks, and he blushes.

On our way home, Naruto thanks me again for tonight and continues to say how nice it was to see everyone together again. It's always so hard to gather everyone. Passing by a group of people, I notice some of the girls in the group looking our way and giggling.

Wait, no. They weren't glancing at us; they were glancing at Naruto... I rest my head on his shoulder and wrap my arm around his. "You're getting cold?" he asks. I look back towards the girls, and they look away. "Sure." I tell him, and he hurries us back home to get warm.

How is it possible that he keeps getting popular? No matter how much time passes, he stays popular. First, it was because he's the hero; when that settled down, this new wave hit. He's become the most talked-about man in the village! All the girls that see him try to talk to him or flirt. I tell Naruto how popular he's become with the girls, but he doesn't believe it. To him, it's weird to think that girls even look at him.

I don't know why he thinks like that. And I bet it's all because of the new haircut...

Today, the same thing happened while we were walking around the village. Girls blush and giggle. I don't mind it much since they keep their distance. I mean, everyone in the village already knows that Naruto and I are a solid item; nothing will get between us.

"Hey, I need to check on something with Tenten. Wait for me?" I tell him, and he nods. I've been meaning to talk to Tenten about some weapons I've been thinking to get but wasn't sure if they would work with my type of fighting.

When I walk back to Naruto, I see a girl talking to him. He's being himself, of course, but she is touching his arm and batting her eyes at him. How is he not noticing all this!? I walk closer and catch her in the act. "So, Naruto. Is that girl you're with like your girlfriend girlfriend? Or are you guys just talking?" she squeezes his bicep, and he looks taken back by it.

"I don't know. If I kill you, are you dead dead? Or just not breathing?" I growl at her as I pull Naruto away from her wondering hand. "(Y/N), you're back already?" he asks. I ignore him and glare her down. "Why are you still here?" I ask her.

Suddenly, arms are wrapped around me, and I'm being lifted off the ground. "I think it's best if you go. I'm holding her back now, but it won't be for long." he tells her, and she runs away as fast as possible. When she was out of sight, he put me down and patted my head. "You're still going to tell me girls aren't interested in you!?" I raise an eyebrow at him. He smiles and lifts my chin so he can kiss my lips. "But I'm only interested in you." he smirks and ruffles my hair. "S-Still! Don't let girls easily touch you. You're mine, Naruto Uzumaki!" I yell after him, and he laughs out loud.

Honestly... He should experience how I feel so he doesn't make fun of me for it!

"Are you busy tomorrow?" he asks me as we get ready to sleep. "Unfortunately, I have a meeting and training with my team. I need to sharpen their skills." he pulls me to his chest and rests his head on my shoulder. "If you're training them, I can only imagine how much trouble they will cause." we laugh and cover ourselves. "Then I guess it's another date night at home. I have to meet up with Kakashi." he tells me.

We came up with Home Date Night since we both know as we get older, we are only going to get busier. So, if we are busy during the day, we will have a date night at home. Whoever gets home first or is less busy is responsible for the date plans.

The next day, I wait for my team to arrive at the training grounds. The first one to get here is the only girl on the team, other than myself. "Good morning, Captain." she greets. "Morning, Yui." not long after, the remaining two boys arrive. "Sorry we're late, Captian." Kaito, the calm one of this team, says. "Hey, Captian (Y/N). I've been looking forward to our meeting." Kenji says as he walks up to me with a smile. Kenji is a bit of a troublemaker.

"I'm glad to hear that, Kenji." I smirk. "I have a great exercise for you three today." they all sigh, but they know better than to complain. "That's not exactly what I meant..." I hear Kenji say while Kaito elbows him. "I told you to drop it." if they have time to have a conversation during training, I guess I could make it harder. "Please don't, Captain..." Yui tells me when she understands the look on my face.

I like this team.

Naruto's POV:

Yesterday's event with that girl who spoke to me? I can't help but feel giddy every time I think about it. How mad and crazy (Y/N) got when she caught the girl talking to me. Or her response and the look she gave her when she wouldn't leave. It might be wrong, but I love seeing how possessive she is of me.

We've been together for years, and she still has eyes for only me. How can I not feel like I'm on top of the world just from that? Everyone tells me that eventually, that feeling will settle down, and we both won't feel as possessive. But I think I beat (Y/N) in that. Of course, I love her with all my being, and she is mine forever, but I wouldn't go crazy if a guy spoke to her. I know it won't mean anything because she loves me.

I guess I have more control than her!

I just finished my meeting with Kakashi, and I know (Y/N) will go to him soon to report her training and team for the day. But it's my turn today for Date Night, so it's better for me to go back home and prepare things. I bet she would be so tired she would just want to flop on the bed. So I guess I'll pamper her a bit and feed her while she's all cuddled up in bed.

On my way home, I hear two young boys talking. "Kenji, you really need to stop. I'm telling you you have no chance." the first boy says. Kenji is that boy on (Y/N)'s team, so I guess the one with him should be Kaito. (Y/N) told me they are good Shinobi, who will only get better as they grow.

"Never say never, Kaito. I'll get to her at some point." ah, girl talk. I guess they are at that age. I mean, there's only around a year or two difference between us? But all eighteen, nineteen-year-olds start talking about girls. I just had (Y/N) since I was sixteen, so I guess I didn't go through that.

"Kenji! Captain (Y/N) has a serious partner! Everyone knows about them; I know you're somehow new to the village? But he is not someone you want to go up against." I'm sorry, what? He's trying to get to (Y/N)? But it's okay; Kaito told him she's taken and that they are serious. "Come on! She probably spread that rumor, so guys don't annoy her. We've been with her all this time and not once did I see a guy with her." we've been busy! We have different schedules.

"They have different schedules, Kenji. They even live together." exactly. "And how do you know so much about her, huh, Kaito?" good question, Kenji. "I've... been getting extra training from her. I feel like I'm behind everyone, so I asked her to give me extra training sessions. On our breaks, we talk. She's kind of an open book." he admits, and Kenji laughs.

"Well, I won't stop until I see it with my own eyes. You say this guy is pretty famous or whatever, where is he?" he smirks, and I think I've heard enough. "Right behind you." I say, and they both jump with Kenji letting out a little scream. "N-Naruto-Sama!" Kaito says as he gets all nervous. "Oh, please don't; Naruto is just fine." I give him a smile, and he smiles back.

"You guys finished your training?" I ask. "Yes, Captian (Y/N) destroyed us yet again." Kaito answers again. "She does like to make it hard. She used to train with Itachi and Kakashi, and they weren't the type to take it easy on her. So she believes being like them will help you grow to be strong like that." I explain, and Kaito gets stars in his eyes. "Trained with the Sixth Hokage and Itachi Uchiha? Wow... I wish I could train under them." he says.

"Itachi has done his fair share of battles; he's enjoying his quiet life now. But, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to help with something you don't understand over some tea." I tell him, and he gets excited again. Next to Kaito, Kenji clears his throat and looks between us. "Oh, um, this is Kenji. He's sort of new to the village? But he's really good as well." he introduces his friend.

"Hi, Kenji. I'm Naruto, or some people also know me as (Y/N)'s life partner." I extend my hand for him to shake it with challenging eyes staring into his. "Nice to meet you." he looks me up and down. "You're the famous guy?" he asks. "I wouldn't say I'm famous; people like to exaggerate." it's not like I'm going to toot my own horn.

"So, what were you guys talking about?" Kaito seems to think highly of me; I can't act out. But I also have to make sure Kenji understands that (Y/N) is off-limits. "N-Nothing, just about our day. We are heading home." Kaito tries to leave, but Kenji stops him. "We talked about how beautiful Captain (Y/N) is." this guy has guts. "N-No, we weren't. Stop Kenji!" Kaito whispers the last part to him.

"That's what I think too. My girlfriend is just the prettiest, isn't she?" get the message already, boy! "Yes. Of course, I don't mean it disrespectfully, but (Y/N) is also really hot." he smirks at me... My eye twitches at the way he calls her by her name without her title.

"Captain." I manage to say.

"What?" he asks.

"That's Captain (Y/N) to you." I tell him. "Respect her title."

"Oh, but I think we're close enough to erase titles between us." he's really pushing it. "I mean, every time our eyes meet, I feel like we have this... connection." he's pushing every button...

"Naruto, calm down. He's just a boy, leave him." Kurama tries to hold me back, but I need this guy to know that he has to back off. "I'm sure she'll acknowledge it if we spend more time together. Maybe I'll get her to give me private training too. Just me and her..." my hands close into fists. "All alone, and maybe something more than talking happens." he shrugs and the next few minutes are a blur to me.

I'm not proud of what I did... Or maybe just a little. The guy deserved it, okay!?

"Hey, I thought you finished before me today?" she calls out to me as I enter the house. She's making instant noodles since it's already too late for anything else. That damn boy ruined Date Night! I walk in and hug her from behind. "You okay?" she asks me. I nod my head and tighten my hold on her. "You don't seem okay, what happened, Sunshine?" I melt when she uses such nicknames... I completely feel her love from them. "I'm just tired, can we just sleep?" I feel bad that the noodles will go to waste, but I want to forget about tonight.

She hesitates for a moment before she puts everything down and drags me to the bed. She pulls the covers over us and lets me curl up into her arms. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" she asks again. "It's nothing, I promise." I tell her, it's not a complete lie...

"I can't wait to see her reaction when she finds out what you did." Kurama snickers. I shut him up and try to get some sleep. I'm sure the boys won't tell her what really happened... He should be more than glad to back off now.

The next day, I decide to walk (Y/N) to the training grounds where she's meeting her team again. If Kenji is right and we don't appear to be together a lot, then I'll make sure that everyone in this village knows for sure about us. "How come you want to drop me off all of a sudden?" she asks me as she swings our arms back and forth. "No specific reason, just came to me that I've never met your team. Only heard you talk about them." I tell her and try not to seem too nervous about lying.

A few minutes later, we bump into Ino and Sai. "Hey guys, what's up?" (Y/N) asks as she eyes them. She thinks Sai might have a thing for Ino, but she doesn't have proof yet, and she doesn't know how Ino feels about Sai, so she's not making a move just yet. "Hey, (Y/N), Naruto." Ino greets us, and I see that gleam in her eyes; oh no... "Naruto, I didn't know you had such a temper! I'm so curious to know what happened for you to snap for the first time." I knew it... no news gets past her.

"Temper? Naruto?" (Y/N) laughs. "What do you mean?" she asks her, getting excited. "There's nothing to tell; nothing happened. Let's go; you'll be late." I grab her hand and try to drag her away. "Oh, so you didn't tell her that you punched the daylights out of one of the boys in her team?" I know Sai sometimes used to have difficulty understanding what and when to say things, but he doesn't have moments like that anymore. So I know this was done on purpose!

"He what?!" (Y/N) yanks her hand out of mine and turns to the people with the news. "Word on the street is that the great Naruto punched a boy so hard, his friend had to drag him to the hospital." Ino says as she glances at me and (Y/N) spins towards me with a shocked look on her face. "Okay, don't exaggerate it! It was one punch, and it wasn't that bad..." I cross my arms and look to the side. "Why would you punch someone? You're not that kind of person. Wait, which one did you hit!?" I should've told her yesterday...

"Some kid named Kenji or whatever. It's not my fault, okay! He literally asked for it!" I defend myself and they all look at me amused. "This is so unexpected. I mean I know Kenji is a troublemaker, but I can't think of anything he would do to get Naruto to snap." (Y/N) laughs and Ino and Sai are enjoying every part of it. "Well, if it was up to me, he wouldn't be on your team anymore." I mumble as I look away.

Ino gasps, and when I turn to look at her, Sai is also smirking. "Naruto... was it a jealousy problem?" she is too happy about all this. (Y/N) looks to see if Ino is right. "What?! No! Why would I be jealous? He just got on my nerves okay? Can we go now?" I beg (Y/N) and she agrees to go if I tell her everything that happened on the way. If I disagree, she'll make me tell in front of Ino and Sai, which can not happen.

"Seriously!? You punched him over something like that?" (Y/N) laughs till she has to breathe... "You weren't there, okay! He was really asking for it! I gave him all sorts of chances to back off, and even Kaito told him to stop. He needed to know his place." I continue to defend myself and she continues to laugh. "I didn't even notice his flirting, I just thought he's trying to be cool and showing off." she tells me as she wipes happy tears away.

"Ya, well he's not. So make it clear to him that it's unacceptable and unprofessional to make moves on the team's Captain." I tell her and try to sound serious and like an adult. "Yes, Sir." she says with a smirk. "I'm serious, (Y/N). This can't continue!" she isn't taking me seriously.

We get to the training grounds, and all three members were there. "Captain, Kenji got into a fight! I'm sure it's his fault, but we can't accept defeat. Let's search for the person who did this to him and give him a taste of what Team (Y/N) is all about!" Yui runs to us and points back at Kenji as she talks.

Well, at least I was right that they wouldn't talk about what happened.

"Calm down, Yui, we don't need to do anything." (Y/N) tells her and continues walking towards the boys who were looking anywhere but at us. "Why not? Naruto is here as well; they will be no match against him!" I guess she's another fan.

"Hello, Kenji and Kaito. I hear you had an interesting night yesterday?" she teases them, and poor Kaito is ready to beg for forgiveness. "We're really sorry; I promise it won't happen again." he apologizes. "You have nothing to apologize for, Kaito; you're not the one with a black eye." she smirks and looks at Kenji. (Y/N) turns back to me and motions for me to come closer. "In fact, both of you need to apologize."

"HUH?!" both Kenji and I exclaim at her. "Naruto, a future Hokage, can't go around punching people because they lost their temper." she lectures me first. "Kenji, a respectable Shinobi of Konoha, can't go around asking for trouble. I didn't have to be there to know very well that you could tell you were pushing Naruto's buttons. You should have stopped or known when it was going too far." she lectures him, and he looks down guiltily.

After a moment of silence, we reluctantly apologize to each other. "Good job. Kenji, you can learn a lot from Naruto. So, dont let this stop you from an opportunity." she tells him and pats his shoulder. "I think I'd rather learn from you, Captain (Y/N)." he tells her and glances towards me.

I pull her away from him, wrap my arm around her neck, and stick her to my chest. "I'd rather you keep your distance from her. I told you yesterday, she's mine!" I growl at him, and everyone is taken back by my reaction.

(Y/N) laughs and turns to face me. "You heard him, guys. I'm all his." she smirks and holds me from the back of my neck before pulling me down and connecting our lips in a deep kiss that I felt it to my knees. She pulls away and looks back at them, "Oh, and of course, that means he's all mine too."

Man... So much for me having more control than her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N):

Hello!!

I really enjoyed writing this chapter. It slipped from me and ended up being bigger than expected, but I hope you guys find it funny, cute, and just enjoyed it, haha. And I'm sure the people who know... know and caught the reference :P

See you soon!!!

*PikaJovi* (^0^)/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 2K 48
Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by a strong bond since their early years, t...
2.2M 74K 61
[ NarutoVarious x Reader ] [Reader is Naruto's sister ] __________ *original naruto plot gets skipped alot* 《 A story in which two clumsy ninjas find...
186K 7.1K 72
Sasuke Uchiha has just reencountered with Naruto after first seeing Sakura and Kakashi after a while: "Why are you fixated on me?! Why do you care?!"...
614 23 10
Y/N, a Shinobi in Naruto, has an untold story of her life. She has experienced much, but more is yet to come. Meeting friends and loved ones, going t...