Pandya Store - Shiva Raavi (...

By RitaSkeeterIF

[COMPLETE] Synopsis: "So, Hetal, red chilies fell as two people bumped into each other. To be precise, Raavi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Penultimate Chapter)
Chapter 42 (Final Chapter)
Chapter 43 (Epilogue Series 1)
Chapter 44 (Epilogue Series 2)
Chapter 45 (Epilogue Series 3)
Chapter 46 (Epilogue Series 4)
Chapter 47 (Epilogue Series 5)
Chapter 48 (Last Epilogue)

Chapter 34

1.9K 60 2
By RitaSkeeterIF

A/N : 18+ content, read at your discretion

After cleaning himself up, and changing into a fresh pair of pants, vest, and a plaid shirt, he sank into the sofa, chugging a bottle of water. He decided he had enough of Raavi and her nautanki. She did things impulsively and got herself in trouble. Replaying the seconds where she was about to step on the rusted nail, the wall falling right off, he shuddered thinking what if she had stepped on the nail or what if he had been few minutes late, mentally warning himself not to go down the path of 'what ifs'... akal ki dushman, gadhedi.

How had she not realized that she was being manipulated? She trusted some stranger for years and worst of all today put her life at risk. Was his Chipkali really this impulsive and emotional? Gadheda, his inner self scoffed at him, of course, if someone used her emotions against her, she was bound to get manipulated. She was trusting and naïve, and throw in some sappy nonsense, she wouldn't question it twice. Likely, she didn't even want to question it, willing herself to believe in the most extreme possibility of what some stranger said being true than suffering heart ache again. Shaking his head, he muttered to himself, Chipkali, itni acchi aur boli hona bhi theek nahi hai.

He picked up the paper she had earlier shoved in his pocket, which he had placed into a clear Ziplock bag. He gave it a onceover; it was an old, crinkled, grimy piece of paper. Distracted by the day's events, he shoved it back into his pant pockets, he was not in any mood to make any sense of this paper, which was likely just trash. Pata nahi kahan se uta ke mere pocket main dal diya.

Thinking of his Chipkali, Raavi could stay safe in that room of hers for all he cared, throwing a derisive look backwards at her room. Patting the empty spot beside him, he was going to sit on this couch, stretch his legs on the coffee table and watch every soccer match known to mankind. Ye chipkali ke harkaton se toh better hai.

However, as minutes passed, the panic filled adrenaline had faded, and he had calmed down enough to see she was fine, and the situation, though nerve-wrecking and worrisome, had passed, and it wouldn't do any good to re-hash the tense moments.

Raavi sat on the bed, shoving biscuits in her mouth, scrolling through her digital photo frame, unable to stop her tears. She caressed, kissed the side of the bed that Shiva slept on, remembering earlier in morning when he held her so tightly, they had spent time cuddling and talking. Now that her fear, the sense of being backed into a corner, and the adrenaline was fading, she asked herself, what had she done? She had refused listen to anyone, and spontaneously run to the property, like she always did, only this time she had run into the unsafe building without a care for anything else. If Shiva hadn't followed her, watched out for her safety... she shuddered just thinking of the consequences. She was seriously such a moronic dobi. While she couldn't change her actions, she had to go to Shiva, apologize and make things right. She couldn't bear that her bandar was so disappointed in her.

Remembering his words from the night before Diwali, and his words from earlier in the morning, how he had promised to always love her, got her fired up to make up with Shiva. He had to forgive her; he had said so himself that he'd always love her. She wouldn't let him be otherwise. She dusted the crumbs off her lap and ran to the kitchen.

Some time later, she hugged his neck from behind the sofa, and asked, "Ye le, tere liye extra cheeni wali chai aur vegan cookie bites, tujhe pasand hai na?" She had recently been experimenting with healthy vegan desserts, and Shiva had really liked some of her recipes.

No response.

He just sipped from a mug, surprised, she asked, "tu ne khud kuch bana liya? Tujhe toh theek se chai banana nahi aata...Swiggy ya Zomato se order kiya kya?" but when she inspected closely it was just hot water. Feeling guilty that he was so upset he didn't want to even ask her for a cup of tea, she went around to him, "I am really really sorry, Shiva," said Raavi remorsefully. Sitting beside him on the sofa, she checked that he wasn't hurt in the attempt to save her life, so soon after the altercation at the Diwali party.

She replaced his cup of water with her tea and offered him a bite of the dessert, which he ate without a fuss. Tears of guilt and anger at herself spilled from her eyes, as she mentally yelled at herself, dekha gadhedi, usko bhook bhi lag rahi thi. Jaa ek aur baar jaa aur stunts kar. Tujhe toh CIA ke wanted list hona chahiye tha...Wanted for being akal ki #1 number dushman. Hadh hai teri stupidity ki...Bholenath tujhe pakka aaj uncontrollable hichki denge. Remorseful of her actions, she climbed on to straddle his lap, wrapped her arms around him laying her head on his chest.

She sat there silently, listening to his heartbeat and commentary on FC Barcelona v. Inter Milan soccer match, wishing he'd wrap his arms around her. A while later, she looked at his profile, his gaze focused on the match; she tenderly stroked his jawline, her nails softly scraping his stubble. Her hand moved up to his cheek to rub--- when he pulled her hand back down.

"Tu theek hai, na Shiva?" she dared to ask, breaking the silence.

No response.

"Chai aur cookie bites kaisi bani hai?"

Silence.

Shiva looked down at her, kaand karke aagayi chipkaliyon ki tarah chipakne, mentally scoffing at her. Well, he wouldn't melt or give in to her apologies so easily.

She pressed a soft kiss to his neck, she repeated contritely, "I am sorry, Shiva." He continued to stay silent, just sipped his tea and ever so often leaning forward to grab more cookie bites from the coffee table.

She cupped his face, her thumbs lovingly rubbing over his cheeks, gently kissing them, "Tu ek kaam kar... tu apni Chipkali ko daant le, mere saath jhagad le, main good girl ki tarah sun loongi. Ek 'oof' tak nahi bolungi."

He scoffed. Good girl? Raavi?

"Kya? Ye kaisi awaaz thi?"

Unable to hold his tongue, he sarcastically said, "Tu? good girl? Apni shakal kabhi dekhi hai mirror main?" additionally muttering aafat ki pudiya mere hi gale lagni thi. "Chipkali, paka mat aur mujhe chod...main busy hoon."

"Kya kar raha hai?" asked Raavi, resting her head on his shoulder.

He started to say mujhe Store jaana hai, before realizing he couldn't use that line here, he said, "mujhe TV dekhne de, bahot important match study kar raha hoon, tere taante se pak chukka hoon."

He was really upset, Raavi thought to herself, if he didn't even want to fight with her. Lifting her head from his shoulder, she caressed his cheeks, pressing gentle pecks to his lips, and again sweetly said, "Mujhe maaf karde, Shiva? Jo tu bolega main woh karungi. Agar chilla chillake jhagda karna hai toh woh bhi kar sakta hai."

He just turned away his face, and said, "mujhe akele match dekhne de, Raavi."

No can do, she thought to herself. She needed Shiva to forgive her, and for that she needed to keep apologizing. So, fine, she would stay glued to him like this and keep doing everything, so he'd forgive her. She'd be right here, on his lap, hugging him until he forgave her as he watched his stupid match. Naam toh Chipkali rakh diya toh phir chipakne main kaisi sharam. She was comfortable being stuck to him, he was warm, scrumptious, and oh-so huggable. Her Chattan's chest was her pillow, his arms her security blanket, all of him was her home.

He fell silent, staring straight at the TV. She cupped his face, pressing kisses all over. She kissed his forehead, "sorry", his nose, "sorry," his lips, "sorry." No reaction.

Laying her head on his chest, she started talking. She talked about the night before Diwali, when he promised he wouldn't get too upset at her if she acted like an impulsive Dobi. She kissed his cheeks, repeatedly, and talked about soccer misquoting facts like Messi scored more goals than Ronaldo, to which he never reacted. She talked about the weather, his favorite dishes, recounted a childhood memory when they were twelve and a neighbourhood kid had cheated in cricket and he had fought so bitterly with him, she was sure he would never dare to play cricket again.

No reaction.

Trying hard not to cry, she said, "tu mujhe maaf karna chahta hai, lekin tu sharma raha hai na? Theek hai, hum ek game khelte hain...main 1,2,3 bolungi, aur hum dono ko apne dil ki pehli baat bolni hai. I'll go first. 1,2,3 go!" She wrapped her arms around his neck, rubbed her nose against his, and said, "Mujhe maaf karde Shiva?"

"Ab teri baari... 1,2,3 go!" said Raavi, looking at her Shiva for a response.

Silence.

Resting her head on his shoulder to hide her face, she was unable to hold in or hide the small sob escaped her at her futile attempts to get Shiva to forgive her.

Shiva clenched his fists over the remote, hearing her soft sob. He was not going to get suckered in with her tears.

"Tu mujhe ek list de, aur main uss list main sab kuch karungi, uske baad tu mujhe maaf karna, ok?" said Raavi.

"List chahiye...? Toh ye le list: Mujhe akela chod."

"Uske siva, woh list main allowed nahi hai. Main tujhe paratha with ketchup ya phir malai kofta, jeera rice aur gajar ka halwa banake doon? Notebook pe 1000 times 'sorry' likhun? Ya phir, main tujhe Rummy main cheat karna sikhaun? Main puri raat apne swimsuit collection pehenke dikhaun? Tu bas bol Shiva, main woh karungi...please mujhe maaf kar."

He scoffed, looking down at Raavi clinging on to him, and mentally rolled his eyes at her. She clung to him like lizard to wall, quite literally. Chipkali. Hamesha drama mode on rehta hai iska. He had one goal for rest of the evening, to watch his match and ignore his phoolkumari wife. If it meant she would stay like this, hugging him that was not his problem. She'd give up sooner or later, but even if she didn't, she was feather light, and he'd be too focused on his game anyways to notice her sad eyes, her need to seek comfort in him, her kisses, the flowery notes of her shampoo, her sexy curves, or her soft breasts pressed up his chest. He simply was going to ignore all of that because he wasn't going to notice any of it.

How long do you plan to ignore your poor wife? Bataiye Shiva Sir? His traitorous heart asked him, wanting to fight it out with her and move on.

First, she is not poor, not in the literal or figurative sense. Second, I don't know. Until half time, at least, his mind fought back, fuming at him for being a big ol'softie. She should know she couldn't act like a stunt woman auditioning for Khatron ke Khiladi and get away with her soft kisses and big innocent doe eyes.

Wait till she really turns on the waterworks, his traitorous heart snickered at him.

Giving up on himself, he decided to focus on the match. A few minutes later; he irritably said, "Raavi, apne ye baal hata, mujhe theek se kuch nahi dikh raha hai."

She shook her head, "Tu khud hata le." When he made no move to even touch her hair, she felt the hurt seep into her heart, and thought to herself, itni buri ban gayi main? Trying hard not to cry, and determined to fix her kaand, she steeled herself, and switched her fighter mode on. Fight silent fire by pouring bunch of gasoline into it. She'd get him to fight with her, then forgive her. She didn't know if it'd work, but she'd try anything, something, everything if it meant he'd forgive her. Aise haath pe haath rakhe baith bhi toh nahi sakti, na Chipkali, she thought to herself.

In a fluid swipe, she took away the remote control to the TV and flung it across the room. "Tu mujhpe gussa kar, chilla, lekin aise chup mat reh. Kuch toh kar, Shiva," she said, pressing kisses all over his face.

"Ayy gadhedi, ye kya kiye tune, remote phenk diya, aur tere haathon aaj kuch theek nahi ho raha hai, channel change kar diya," snapped Shiva, shrugging free of her soft kisses. "Ab utt, aur mujhe remote leke de,"

Raavi hugged him more tightly and shook her head. "Nahi leke dena koi remote, mujhse baat kar na...please. Main kaan pakad ke uthak bhaitak karoon?"

Fed up, he dumped her unceremoniously beside him on the sofa and got up to get the remote himself, "Durr reh mujhse. Hamesha nautanki karti hai, ab chain se TV bhi dekhne nahi deh rahi hai. Kya chahti hai tu? Mera gala dabana hai na, ek hi baar karde, yeh hai chudail ki tarah lapet, lapet ke maarne ki koshish kyun kar rahi hai...... ab yeh aacha hai. Kaand bhi tu kare, mote mote aansoo bhi tu hi bahae...Na teri shakal dekhni hai, na tere se kuch baat karna hai...maha kaandni kahinki. Aayi badi mujhse maafi maangne wali. Chal durr hat!"

He didn't even want to see her face? She asked herself, as fresh tears spilled from her eyes. "Theek hai, main chipkali hoon, chudail hoon, maha kaandni hoon, tujhe meri sh-sh-shakal nahi dekhni, na? Mujhe daantna bhi nahi hai? Meri ek bhi maafi accept nahi karna na? Toh main Kaki ke ghar rukh jaati. Main yahan kya kar rahi hoon, main kahin chali jaati hoon, tu match dekh. Saare matches dekh, agar koi galti haar jaye toh usse jaan se maar dena...jaise tu abhi mere emotions ko maar raha hai," she said hotly, wiping her tears, unable to bear this side of Shiva, ignoring his sarcastic look pointing out that in a soccer match one team would win and the other would lose.

She scrambled off the sofa, deciding to leave. She knew she had messed up badly, but at least Shiva could punish her, fight with her... this silent treatment was killing her.

"Room uss taraf hai," he pointed out, unhelpfully.

"Main jaanti hoon, lekin main waha nahi jaa rahi. Main kuch der ke liye ghar chodke jaa rahi hoon," she said, daring him to object.

Shiva rubbed the back of his head, irritably muttering, khadi khadi drama karti hai, "soch ke bol rahi hai na?"

"Haan"

"Ye bhi sahi hai," nodding his head, agreeing with her decision, "Aur haan, Bhavna Kaki ke ghar gayi toh wahin padi reh, aadhe ghante main call karke pick up karne ke liye tang mat kar, main nahi aaunga," he warned her. Jaana hai toh jaaye, meri bhala se, he thought to himself.

She stared at him, frowning at his warning. That's exactly what she had been about to do. So, she sneered at him, "Main grocery store jaa rahi hoon. Bahot important kaam hai. Milk nahi hai, aur mujhe chocolates chahiye," she said petulantly. She'd need all the sugar to cope with this version of Shiva.

Of course. Isko thodi ghar chodna kehte hain. Still rubbing the back of his head, he snapped "Ab ye kya naya nautanki hai? Chup chap apne kamre main nahi reh sakti, gadhedi?"

Seeing her purse her lips obstinately, he knew she wanted him to beg her to stay so she could tearfully resume chanting, mujhe maaf kardo Shiva. Well, he was not going to fall for her hugs, kisses, and tearful apologies. He was tougher than that. So, he casually said, "Ye theek hai. Aacha sun, mere liye energy bars aur fruit juice bhi le aana," he said, and then waited a few seconds before following up with, "tere wale energy bars bahot pheeka hai." On cue, her hazel eyes narrowed and flashed in anger, and she stomped her foot.

"Mere paas utna waqt nahi hai. Aur tujhe toh mere hi energy bars khane padenge,"

"Aur kitni velli padi rahogi? Aur ghar chodne ke baad kya kaam?" he taunted her.

"Tujhe kya?" countered Raavi.

He shrugged and didn't say anything else after that. Holding the door handle, she glowered at him, and said, "Main sach main kuch der ghar chodke jaa rahi hoon." He wasn't going fall at her feet to stop her? At the very least tell her to leave the house tomorrow? Peeking at the balcony, it was getting dark, too... rok le apni Raavi ko.

"Haan jaa! Mujhe thodi shanti milegi. Kab se dimag kharab karke rakha hai," said Shiva, still irritated at her.

"Main sach main jaa rahi hoon...aur pata nahi kab wapas aaungi. Ghar pe khana nahi hai," she threatened. Please rok le Shiva.

"Main meri dusri gharwali Swiggy se banwa loonga. Teri tarah khane ke saath mera dimag nahi pakati. Hamesha apni hi karni hai na, toh tu mera tension mat le, aaram se jaa, aur fursat se aana," said Shiva flippantly. He was going to pay for that remark later, but for now... he didn't care. Hamesha ek ke baad ek nautanki chalu rehta hai iska.

"Theek hai! Main hi hoon pagal...tujhse maafi chahti hoon. Tu udd le, jab zameen pe aayega na, mujhe aur tera saut, Mr. Baingan ko saath paayega... Main jaa rahi hoon," she warned him turning to open the door. Rok le. Rok le. Rrookk lleee.

"Aacha sun..." asked Shiva.

She knew it! Shiva couldn't bear to see her leave the house like this. She had used her street smarts to get him to stop her. Raavi hid her smile, turned, and haughtily asked, "kya hai, time waste mat kar... grocery store main bahot kuch kareedna hai."

He threw his plaid shirt at her face, and she excitedly said, "haan, main abhi wash karun---" but he interrupted her and pointedly said, "ghar chodke jaana hai toh ye shirt pehen ke jaa, bra aur jeans main raat ko thand lag sakti hai."

Raavi felt her face go up in flames. Mortified, she looked down at herself clad in her yellow demi-cup lace bra and blue straight cut jeans. Did she...? Gods, she did. How had she not realized? She closed her eyes in embarrassment as she realized she forgot to wear the clothes he gave her in the bedroom, because she had just jumped to see him. Her impulsive behavior had again just worked against her. Tears of defeated anger and embarrassment welled in her eyes, as she quickly shoved her hands in his plaid shirt, covering herself up, and hissed, "this is all your fault."

Shiva just cocked an eyebrow to silently ask, 'oh? how so?' but went back to his beloved match without waiting for response.

"Abhi tu ne mujhe sasti Mallika Sherawat bulaya na? Teri hi baat ki izzat rakh rahi thi. Pann tujhe apni sundar-yet-sorry biwi se zyada iss stupid si match ki padi hai," she cried. God, what she wouldn't give to just break that stupid TV, but she had to watch BhabhiMaa tomorrow. She flung herself on the couch beside him, laying on her side, just quietly wallowing in sadness.

Her tears always did him in, rolling his eyes, grimacing in annoyance, Shiva gave her a look, "pehle tu decide kar tu kya chahti hai. Jhagda karne aur chillane ko bola aur aise zor zor se aur phoot phoot ke roh rahi hai?"

She must really be a chipkali, because the second he asked her why she was crying, she leapt back into his arms, sobbing profusely, "Maine jhoot bola Shiva taki tu mujhse baat kare. Main sirf tujhse pyar aur chote se cute se jhagde karna chahti hoon. Bada wala jhagda nahi, pann hamesha ho jata hai..." He let out a faint chuckle. Dobi.

"I am really sorry bandar for troubling you so much." She threw the remote again to wrap his arms around her, weeping, "Maine tujhe bahot daara diya na? Ek number ki aafati gadhi hoon main," she hiccupped, "Bas main dekhna chahti thi... agli baar aisa nahi karoongi. Maine decide kiya hai, main yoga karungi, aur kal se zyaada meetha bhi nahi khaungi, taaki mera dimag seedhe track pe chale..."

She was crying so loudly and pitifully, arms wound tightly around his neck, he couldn't help it, he tightened his arms around her, his heart forgiving her, muttering "chal ab rona bandh kar, chipkali, tujhe kuch nahi hua. Pann, har cheez hone ke baad Shiva yaad aata hai tujhe," rubbing her back.

"Raavi, why are you sorry?" he asked her, as she looked up in confusion.

"I am sorry for upsetting and worrying you, Shiva. I should have been more considerate of you and your feelings," said Raavi, biting her lip with tears in her eyes. He stayed quiet, she morosely asked, "is that not sufficient?"

"Then you aren't sorry enough, Raavi," he said quietly. He thought she'd realize he was upset for risking her life without thinking of the consequences. "You have done this before, hurt yourself but, made it out fine just due to pure luck. I think you should consider just how much danger you put yourself in... What if today was the day, things worked against you? What if I wasn't there, Raavi?" he asked her.

When she didn't respond, he wiped her tears, kissed her cheeks, "just go to bed, Raavi. Sleep it off."

"No No No, don't take that tone with me. I am not a kid, or some 1970s housewife that will just do as you please. This is an equal partnership marriage. And, I asked you to take me there... I ASKED you! You refused."

"Why would I take you there, Raavi? You have f**king seen that place before, and did you not hear Pavan Kaka? That place is a hot mess!" he said hotly.

"Because I kept asking you to take me there! I told you, every time I go to that place, I get a gut feeling, there is something more, and that's why my conscience wont allow me to demolish it...but you don't believe in me. Afterall, I am just a dumb Dobi!"

At his 'are-you-serious' look, words were really tumbling out of her mouth, "Even when the world was against you - you also have risked everything you have for things that you believe in... remember the kangan? You almost went to jail...And you took other risks for me trying to save my life when we were kidnapped, at the Haveli...just like that, you should know, I will always do anything for issues that matter to me, including you."

Burying her nose into his chest, "I thought you'd understand, Shiva, how much my mother means to me. I have never seen her except in photos. I know I shouldn't have trusted Rajesh's words, and taken it to heart, after all he also wasn't sure, but I cant shake off my feeling of 'there is something more'. And, did you see... I even found a piece of paper..." she trailed off, biting her lip, looking up to see his shuttered expression. He didn't get it and likely he thought the paper was piece of trash.

"Its clear you think you know best, but you really just risked your life, based on something some idiot told you, whom nobody else has seen or spoken to, without thinking of what I, or Kaka said. I hope the risk was worth it."

Cold tingles spread all over body, as she realized how affected he was by her actions. "I love you the most in this world," He didn't say anything, just tightened his arms around her, pulling her closer against his chest. She shut her eyes as tears leaked down her face. How? How had they ended up fighting again? This was supposed to their precious days to just love each other. Her pre-honeymoon day 2. Yesterday, this time she was getting ready for her dinner date, and today there were barely talking to each other.

Remembering the security guard's words and the paper she shoved in his pocket, he looked sideways his chipkali in his arms, his mind torn between wanting to believe her reasoning, taking in her apologetic, tear-streaked face or, following the path of common sense. Despite it all, regardless of what he saw, what the security guard told him, didn't she have a point? Didn't she deserve a chance to know if her gut feeling was right or wrong? His inner voice helpfully pointed out that now was the time to be gentle with her. She was likely very anxious and disappointed, further pointing out that she begged him to take her, to listen to her, but when she met with resistance on all fronts, that's when she'd run.

"What do you mean, sweetheart?" he asked her. She looked at him, and confessed, "During first year of university, I ended up at the property with Kaka to see the place. When I was alone, the building guards' brother, Rajesh came up to me and told me he heard rumors that there were things in that building that could belong to Leela Narayan, as she was the last person to be seen here, however that he wasn't sure but I could check it out. He said he could even help me if I gave him some money. That's why..." she trailed off. Now that she knew there was nothing in that building, she felt like a fool, believing the first person who came up to her trying to sell her magic beans.

Shiva looked at Raavi, she was heartbroken, the anguish evident in her eyes, it hurt a part of his soul. For her sake, he wished whatever that idiot said had been true. But clearly, he was just lying to confuse Raavi, at the behest of the builder.

"My sweet chipkali, I hate to be the one to break say this to you, but you realize he was lying because he knew that you were young, naïve and would believe him? Or that he may have been told to lie to you?" He sighed, hating to be one to tell her this, "The security guard told me that his brother was asked by the builder to say things to make you keep coming back." Raavi looked up at him in shock, as Shiva continued "Nobody knows what the builder's real motive is, maybe to drag out this case, but together, they selfishly kept stringing you along and Rajesh gave you false hope for some money. I don't think they ever intended for you go into the building...just that you were strung along. If in the oddest chance there was ever anything there, I think he would likely have used you to get more money... Regardless, its very dangerous to go into that building, that's why Pavan Kaka and Maama kept stopping you. You are lucky the security guard, as selfish as he was to protect his idiotic brother, he had an ounce of decency he'd somehow stop you."

At Raavi's shocked silence, he continued, "Its unfortunate but your parents just trusted the wrong company to construct that building and its just a big loss... I am so sorry, baby girl. Come here..." he pulled her closer, but Raavi's back was stiff as a board, as she processed the information.

So Rajesh had lied because the builder had asked him to? Probably just to prolong the legal negotiations, she belatedly realized.

"If you want---" started Shiva, but unable to process her stupidity, Raavi wiggled out of his arms, ran to the kitchen muttering don't follow me. She didn't his pity or worse his love and kindness, at her idiocy. She had to do something, otherwise, this feeling of betrayal, hurt, embarrassment at her foolishness, would burn her alive.

Pulling out random spices, flour, utensils, she thought to herself, all the times she had given him money only to never be let in, and still she kept coming back. She had been used for years? Was she that naïve that she couldn't figure it out? On top of her disappointment at coming back empty handed, this realization, threatened to break her aching heart...again. Gut feeling, she scoffed at herself. Why oh why was she so gullible? Not to mention, today she had even put Shiva's life in danger. She would never be able to forgive herself.

Wiping her tears of humiliation and hurt, she yanked open the fridge taking fruits, veggies, anything she could lay her hands on. "Ahh" she cried cutting her hand as she was chopping tomatoes. She ran her hands through the cold water, then continued whisking almond milk and all-purpose flour with sugar. "Ouch!" she bashed her elbow and knee walking to the stove top.

"Raavi! What are you doing?" Shiva asked stepping into the kitchen hearing her shout out in pain, which looked it had been ravaged by a hungry bear. Tomatoes, flour, butter, sugar, chocolate, spices, tawa on stove, baking dishes... everything was outside and Raavi was making sabzi and dessert and God knew what else, all at the same time. He looked at her... for f**ks sake, her finger was bleeding. Forcing her to look at him, he just hugged her but she wiggled out to just run her finger under water, again. She didn't want any love, understanding anymore. She needed to be punished, because for years she had given Kaka, Mausapa a hard time and now Shiva...

Feeling bad for Raavi, he didn't know what was worse; her, just blindly believing someone and holding on to smallest sliver of hope or...this. As he put a band-aid on her finger, she pushed him, and said, "Tu mere paas mat aa Shiva. Main maha dobi, aur bahot stupid aur buri wi-wife hoon... tu chala jaa wapas Somnath. Main yahan sab akeli dekh lungi, aur j-jo nahi ho sakta, main woh kuch karungi... tu bas jaa, mere paas mat reh, pata chala meri wajah se tere jaan---

"Shut up." Shiva interrupted her, kissing her, and massaging her elbow. Shiva just shook his head, angry that people had manipulated Raavi, used her emotions against her. She was so pure-hearted that she'd believe anyone, because why would they lie about something like this? She would never think to do that. He patted the slip of paper in his pocket – trash or not, for Raavi's sake, he avowed to properly look at it. Soon.

Yanking her arm free, she asked, "Aren't you still disappointed with me? You don't need to take pity on me... I can manage on my own. Main apna jugaad kar loongi...tu mere saath rahega toh main tujhe khatre main daalongi... please jaa."

All of his anger, disappointment in Raavi vanished the moment she jumped right into his arms and kept apologizing. Though she had been absolutely reckless in trying to risk her life, he acknowledged she thought she was acting on some instinct, and he...he should have listened than brush off her concerns, no matter how trivial or serious they seemed to be. Even now it'd be easy to guilt trip her and push this whole thing away, but... he wanted to help her. He remembered his own promise to her on Diwali to always keep her happy, his mothers' words, realizing, love and marriage wasn't just about controlling his anger; as hard as it was, it was about this moment: listening and understanding Raavi and believing in her when it was hardest to do so.

"Look at me, sweetheart. Just try not to scare the living daylights out of me, next time. I am sorry for not listening earlier, my sweet baby girl. Finish, telling me everything now?"

Looking into his eyes, finding only compassion, and understanding, she nodded. "Like I said before, the security guard's brother, Rajesh caught me alone at the property, when I first went to visit with Pavan Kaka. He was always so helpful... I would always pay him some money like two to five thousand rupees, he would always help to try to let me in, but the Guard would always catch me, and would call Mausapa or Kaka and shoo me away, threatening to beat me, call the cops... Then Rajesh would reassure me, not to lose hope, and that there is always the next time, he'd convince his brother the next time...but each time something would happen, and I'd be shooed away or kicked out, and then Rajesh would say, there is always the next time. Even today he helped me... but you know what happened."

"I should have realized I was being strung along..." she trailed off, shaking her head at her own naivete.

Clutching his collar, she looked at him, "But I don't know if I am just mad, every time I go to that place, I get this feeling, I am supposed to figure out something ... ugh, my conscience won't allow me to demolish the property. I am so confused, is it all in my head? It has to be right?"

She looked at him with the most baleful look in her eyes, "Why did I have to come back empty handed, Shiva? Am I really that stupid? Anyone can say anything to me, and I'd believe it for years on end? No wonder I couldn't find anything there... I even put you in harms way, I really deserve all the bad karma I get."

He lifted her to sit on the countertop. He said, "You had a lot going on at that time, sweetheart. What you wished were true overpowered the truth in front you. You aren't stupid. You are just full of love, so pure-hearted, its one of the best things about you. Some people just took advantage of that, and for their sake I hope they never cross my path again...I'll rip them apart for hurting you, threatening to beat you, and taking advantage of you."

Raavi just spoke freely, words coming from straight from her heart "I was in university... all of this was so new. I think I was so just desperate to hold on to some love, to find my mother's things, I had this fantasy built in my head. I realize now, I was so lonely and guilty I had given away the money to the scam charity, so I thought if this is all I'll ever have of love, I'd try really hard to find it and never let go. Every time I failed, I blamed myself for not trying hard enough and it fueled me to go back over and over again. I didn't think people would lie to me......" She wrapped her legs around his waist, clutched his pendant, burying her face in his neck, in a monotonous whisper, "I couldn't even ask you...so I did what made sense to my heart."

Once again, guilt seeped into his mind as he realized the impact of their fight six years ago. Despite having very well-intentioned people in her life for a very long time Raavi had had no one that prioritized her, no one in her corner to fight for her, to stand up for her, to reassure her private thoughts and fears, but... all of that had changed. She didn't have to just rely on herself to make sense of everything. She had him to take on the world for just one of her smiles.

"Raavi, look at me, don't blame yourself, ok? You did your best, sweetheart," as he wiped her tears, "I am so sorry baby girl...more that you'll ever know. I will never leave you alone, you know that right? You have me in your corner, always and forever. If you really think there is something here, that your gut's telling you - then together, we'll get to the bottom of this, ok?" She nodded, muttering, 'my north star' and hugged him tightly. Silly, stupid, and pointless or not, he would make sure Raavi got answers to the questions her heart asked her if that's the last thing he did.

Rubbing her back, they stayed hugging each other. Slowly, he tipped her back slightly, pushed her hair back, kissing the spot over her heart, like she often did to him, and he whispered, "You are loved, sweetheart. You are loved by your mother and your father and...me. You don't need things to prove or remind you of that, right? You can feel it here," pointing to her heart. Raavi hugged him so tightly, she was half-afraid he'd suffocate.

Raavi took a deep breath, "I shouldn't have just run off without thinking and risked my life in the process. And I am sorry I hurt, scared, and upset you. Next time, I will try not to be so impulsive. Forgive me?"

He nodded, looked deep into her eyes, "Sweetheart...you will always be , but I have accepted it as a side-effect of being married to you." When she whacked his shoulder, he whispered, "in the end, I am getting compensated quite well, so I'll just have to put up with it. Actually, I am sorry too, chipkali."

Sensing her puzzled silence, he looked into those big soft brown orbs, further elaborated, "Maa, told me that I should apologize for how I acted on Diwali, and she is right. You were probably so scared seeing me in jail...I am sorry, baby girl. And I am also sorry for not listening to your instincts and feelings."

She looked at him in wonder; Shiva apologizing to her, being so forgiving of her impulsive actions. He was even willing to believe in her gut feeling, and try to help her when it went against everything he knew and believed. She couldn't help but remember Hetal's words, you like'em big, brooding, mean. Someone you can sweet talk right into being a big softie just for you. She privately smiled to herself, he was still her Shiva, fiery, stormy with the devil may care attitude, just softer with her.

Intertwining their fingers, marveling at how big his hands were, shaking her head, she kissed the back of this hand, over his wedding ring, "Its ok, Shiva. I know your temper," she guiltily continued, "I am sure this is wrong, but I was...umm...the tiniest bit proud," as he snorted, "finally, you beat up Nihal like you really wanted to... but yes, I'd really like it, if you stayed with me, as opposed to in jail. Kyunki main milne nahi aaungi."

They stayed silent for few moments, taking in the events of the day, finding peace in each other. Raavi tilted her head back slightly and asked, "What now, Shiva?"

He shrugged, "We'll figure out this issue with the Patel Nagar property, together, starting with the paper you found in the building. I think we should get used to teamwork, meeting in the middle, Chipkali."

Raavi asked "Are you trying to say, we should compromise?" He nodded, as she whispered, "neither one of us is used to it, but lets try it?"

Agreeing with her, he started explaining, "I was thinking back to the property, what the guard said, and the paper you shoved in my pocket. Let's start there, sweetheart. Also, we may eventually need to know every small detail to fight the builder and resolve this dispute. Bahot teda banda hai."

Raavi stared at him as he went on about how he could help her, and she loved him all more in that moment. He didn't have to do any of this, but here he was, talking about strategy, and questions to ask... in that very second, her heart just told her to press pause and just focus on Shiva, and Pre-Honeymoon Day 2. She interrupted him by placing a finger on his lip, wrapped her legs around him, she simply said, "Can you shut up and kiss me?"

"Raavi...baby girl, at least let's clean-up in the kitchen and get some food," said Shiva gesturing to the mess she had made, and he handed Raavi his phone, asking her to order some dinner on Swiggy. "Which restaurant do you want to order from?"

"Mere sautan se khana main hi order karoon?" she quipped giving him a mock glare. When he insisted, she pick out some food according to her craving, she rolled her eyes, and pointed to the restaurant called, "Dragon Garden"

"Its Chinese. You don't like Chinese."

She nodded.

"That's also the farthest restaurant..."

She nodded.

He looked at her questioningly, "Nautanki. Stop being ridiculous and get something you like."

She chucked his phone across the kitchen, which didn't faze Shiva anymore, wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling him closer, and whispered against his lips, "Gadheda, you have Somnath-ki-sabse-sundar-ladki in your arms, dying for you to rip her yellow thong, have sex with her, and you want to clean and order food. Now, you tell me who is being ridiculous."

He gave a look to say, well put like that... but decided he just didn't want to give her everything she asked for, so he gave her a playful look, leaned in just pecked her nose, her chin, stringing quick kisses along her jaw, toying with the buttons of his shirt that she was wearing, whispering "You look smoking 'hot in my shirt. Then again, you look hot in everything...and nothing."

She helped him take off the shirt, muttering, "itna taang karta hai, paap chadega tujhe," before pressing her lips to his. She conveyed a thousand apologies for being impulsive and forever promises of loving him to eternity. He leaned into her kiss, his fingers sinking into her hair, pouring out all his love, all the promises to always be there for her and in return asking her to be his, forever. 

She gasped, feeling his hard erection, the intensity of his kiss, the slight sting of her hair being tugged by his fingers, parting her lips further inviting the deep strokes of his tongue, as she pulled off his vest.

Shiva loved her like a starving mad man, his playful teasing going up in flames, lit up by his hunger for her. He pulled her closer tipping her jaw upward to shower her in a frenzy of kisses along her chin, jaw, neck, nipping at the mole on her cheek, murmuring, "obsessed," before Raavi tugged his head back lock her lips with his. Slanting his mouth over hers, he kissed her with thunder and lightening of his passion, biting down on her lower lip, sucking her tongue, forcing her to respond in kind. 

His hands were frantically skimming her waist, rubbing her back, reaching to unclasp her bra, and toss it aside. As soon as the cool air of the kitchen hit her, pebbling her nipples, Shiva let out a half-growl, his shaft twitching in need to be inside her, his mind primaly yelling his; immediately lifting her breasts high, kneading, pulling, tugging her nipples his mouth, and sucking hard. "Tell me you wont put yourself in danger, again..."

She understood his eager hands, his urgency came from the fear of seeing her in harms' way, she nodded, "I will try not to... but you stay clos---" the rest of her words forgotten, as she moaned loudly, and wrapped her legs tighter around his waist, caressing his cheeks, neck, back, helping him to love her harder and deeper.

Pushing her back, so she could rest her forearms on the countertop, he licked through the long column of her neck, the valley of her breasts, kissed down to her navel, biting the skin around her belly button, as his hands popped the button of her jeans, and he pulled off her jeans, as usual, ripping her underwear. 

Without waiting, he went lower and licked her wet core and she let out a guttural moan screaming his name, widening her stance, arching back even more, her fingers sinking into his hair. He was lost to Raavi, as he continued to taste her in long, sinuous licks alternating between his mouth and fingers, keeping her on the edge, have her begging him to stop and never stop at the same time. He looked at her sprawled on the kitchen countertop, eyes glazed, lips parted, and writhing .at every sensation that coursed through her body. "Shiva, stay there...don't stop..." she moaned, protesting as he did exactly that. He smirked and decided to tease her by dipping his fingers in the bowl of sugar, and rubbed it across her lips, licking her tongue before kissing her, eating the sugar off her lips. She laughed and whimpered into the kiss, "meri dhum keechne main itna maaza aata hai, na?"

"Warna tu mere saar pe naachegi..." said Shiva, as he rearranged her limbs, so her legs were again wrapped tightly around his waist, grinding his hips against hers, making her gasp feeling his hardness, his twitching erection desperate to be buried inside her, but moved down to suckle and bite the tender skin of her neck, trailing his lips down her shoulders. Raavi was lost to the pleasure of his hands, mouth, and touch. She whimpered, her nails scraping his neck and biceps, and when he kissed her, eating the sugar, she begged him to take her. When he shook his head, not yet she dipped her fingers in the sweet almond milk batter and trailed her wet fingers down his neck and chest, into the waistband of his pants to massage his throbbing erection. "Mine" He let out a growl in agreement, biting down on her lips, yet encouraging her to do as she pleased.

She tugged on his pendant, pulling him closer, and licked the batter off his neck, her lips trailing down his shoulders. "Maine high school main hi bola tha, main teri boss hoon, tujhe meri haar demand puri karni padegi, warna..." as she bent her head down to lick his chest, bite down on his shoulder. He groaned and gave in to her, whispering that she hold on tight, as he grabbed her bottom and slid her off the countertops, carrying her out of the kitchen, saying "Tu meri boss nahi... tu meri sab kuch hai, Raavi. Hamesha se thi, aur hamesha rahegi."

They never made it past the couch; Shiva's pulse was thundering in his ears, he felt delirious from desire, he was desperate to be buried deep inside Raavi. She trailed her lips up his neck, cheek and tugged his earlobe into her mouth, crudely whispered he take her right here, right now. Her exact words had been f**k me. Hearing his phoolkumari say those words, turned him on even more, so he did exactly that, quipping, "you are the boss."

He pushed her on to the couch, and silently gesturing to his pants. She hastily undid his pants, massaging his erection frantically as she guided him to her warmth. Shiva looked into her very soul as he buried himself deep inside her, letting out a guttural groan, stretching her lusciously. He stayed like that, just twitching, throbbing inside her, as she took his hands to her breasts, caressed the muscles on his back, thick ropes of biceps, kissing his forehead, urging him to move. "Say it, ask me," he said thickly, pinching and pebbling her nipples, his gaze glazed yet focused on her. "Shiva, baby, please move," she said dutifully, biting his earlobe, feeling the metal of his earring in her mouth.

Licking her nipples, "Say you love me, and wont ever leave me," he said, lifting his head, resting his forehead against hers, as she felt herself, pull him deeper, getting him to thrust. She shook her head, hooking her pinky finger with his, "My love for you is endless, Shiva and I won't leave you, in any lifetime." Kissing their entwined fingers, he wrapped her legs higher, giving him more access and then rubbing her clit, set a rhythm of thrusts that had her seeing the stars. She moaned and sobbed, holding on to him with every fiber of her life, heart, and soul, as he took them in a flight of pleasure, caressing every part of her, until a hoarse cry broke deep within them, their orgasm, blinding them in its power leaving them spent in each others' arms.

Once their pulse returned to normal, their heartbeats no longer thundering in their ears, he took her to the bedroom, but just when she thought he was going to lay her on the bed, he took to her to the ensuite bathroom, turned on the shower, saying, "tujhe aur tere harkaton ko abhishek ki zaroorat hai."

She nodded solemnly, and said, "Karna hi hai toh Vanilla Almond shower gel use kar, ok?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 3.8K 55
Shivi forced marriage. ||Completed || We are swimming into each other eyes. Breaking the eye contact he look into his watch. Suddenly he hovered ove...
29.2K 1K 13
This is an Original Story having Shiva and Raavi as main characters. CHARACTERS-- Shiva Pandya-23 yr old college boy, responsible, mature and kind he...
4.4K 196 4
[COMPLETE] Neetu (IshqKaRang on Twitter, Wattpad and IF) and I have decided to collaborate on a new series of OSes called Main Hoon Saath Tere, set i...
42K 1.6K 16
Shiva now manaaofying raavi