Lust, Lies, and Forbidden Tie...

By nikeystyles

"Why are you only rude to me?" "Daddy's mean to the women he wants." ✵ ✵ ✵ [Published originally October 2018... More

✵ disclaimer ✵
✵ one ✵
✵ two ✵
✵ three ✵
✵ four ✵
✵ five ✵
✵ six ✵
✵ seven ✵
✵ eight ✵
✵ nine ✵
✵ ten ✵
✵ eleven ✵
✵ twelve ✵
✵ thirteen ✵
✵ fourteen ✵
✵ fifteen ✵
✵ sixteen ✵
✵ seventeen ✵
✵ eighteen ✵
✵ nineteen ✵ *
✵ twenty ✵
✵ twenty-one ✵
✵ twenty-two ✵
✵ twenty-three ✵
✵ twenty-four ✵
✵ twenty-five ✵
✵ twenty-six ✵
✵ twenty-seven ✵
✵ twenty-eight ✵
✵ thirty ✵
✵ thirty-one ✵
✵ thirty-two ✵
✵ thirty-three ✵
✵ thirty-four ✵
✵ thirty-five ✵
✵ thirty-six ✵ *
✵ thirty-seven ✵
✵ thirty-eight ✵
✵ thirty-nine ✵
✵ forty ✵
✵ forty-one ✵ *

✵ twenty-nine ✵

1.2K 32 20
By nikeystyles

Mrs. Woods and I were piled in paper work even after two days of working on it.  I was honestly wondering if it had to do with the fact that we hadn't done any last week, and when I started checking dates, I knew that had to be it. We had made a small dent by the time it hit ten, but it was practically nothing.  After all, there were four stacks of probably a hundred papers, and we had only been through one of them.  I knew this would take the entire day, but I was hoping it wouldn't. 

"I saw you trending on Twitter over the weekend." 

"What?" I laughed, highlighting spots Mrs. Woods needed to look over or sign.  "I don't think that sounds right." 

"You were," she told me, opening her phone as I continued to highlight things.  "Let me see, it was ... oh yes, look.  All the little accounts for Mr. Styles were talking about you.  Some were rude, but a lot of them were very nice." 

She handed me her phone, and while I didn't want to look, I also really did.  There were some photos of the back of me, and then some that had been taken from the front while we were in the Apple store.  I read over a tweet from someone saying that it was ridiculous Harry's bodyguard had to escort us out of the store.  Meanwhile, there was a photo of Harry with his arm around me, as mine were around his waist, and we were looking at him on the Gucci storefront before heading into the store.  The post said something about me looking more friendly than his friends, and I even saw some accounts that had posted the photo of me that Harry had taken, asking who I was, but no one had been correct when they tried to guess. 

"You're famous." 

"Not in a way I'd like to be famous," I told her, handing her the device back. "It's whatever." 

"You two were looking cozy together in a couple of photos I saw." 

"We were hanging out this weekend," I told her, shrugging.  "It's not that big of a deal, he's just a person to me." 

"So you're not interested in him sexually?" 

"Mrs. Woods! That's so unprofessional, I can't believe you just—" 

"It's crossed your mind," she teased.  "I hear he's very good in bed, darling, so you should go for it.  Plus, he seems like he likes you." 

If only she knew.  He had basically flat out said that he liked me, but was simply being my friend instead now.  I couldn't believe what she was saying to me though, and while I didn't think I wanted anything sexual with Harry, she was definitely right.  I had, maybe, sort of, accidentally thought about Harry in a way that friends shouldn't.  However, sometimes friends helped one another out, so maybe that would be what it turned into.  Or, then again, nothing would happen at all. 

"Wait, did you two do, you know, anything over the weekend?" 

"Oh my God, no.  We literally watched movies, and slept.  I was so exhausted and he was also from the week." 

She seemed to understand.  I decided that I wanted to take a quick bathroom break, so I got up, telling her I would be back.  Mrs. Woods didn't appear to mind, and I was annoyed when I walked past Madison and she asked what I was doing.  Honestly, I didn't think we should fire her, but I wanted so badly for her to move to a different floor.  Rolling my eyes, I still couldn't believe it was Wednesday already, and while we hadn't done all that much paper work, even though Monday's were usually dedicated to it, there seemed like a lot still.  Of course, some of the papers were stapled, and not every page needed to be signed, but I was still irritated.  Using the bathroom quickly, I hurried, not wanting Mrs. Woods to wait that long.  After I had washed my hands, I glanced down at my phone.  There were messages in the group chat I had with my friends asking if we could go out to dinner tonight, but there was also a message that had popped up from Harry. 

Harry: did you get them?? 

Did I get what?

Harry: well I'm not going to TELL you if you haven't seen them 

You're really annoying, has anyone ever told you that? 

Harry: just my mum and sister (: 

Now your best friend can be added 

Harry: I know, but also if the thing I sent is not there, the email is fucking lying, and I'm going to have Anna call the God Damn company 

Your assistant, right? 

Harry: yeah, angel 

Is your day going okay? 

Harry: it's fine 

Harry: are you in Mrs. Woods' office right now? I asked them to be sent there 

Oh no, I was just finishing washing my hands when you texted me, I'll go back now (: 

Harry: okay, neonata, you text me if you like them, or if you don't I guess too, whatever just LET ME KNOW YOU GOT THEM 

OKAY WHY ARE YOU SO LOUD 

Harry: idk (: 

Harry: see you soon, okay? 

Yeah, sure ((: 

Leaving the bathroom, I walked past Jamie, who looked irritated when she looked at me.  I had done absolutely nothing wrong, so I didn't understand the problem, heading down the hall to Mrs. Woods' office.  At first, I was very confused, but then I noticed the box sitting on her table, Venus by Fleur written on the white box.  Mrs. Woods looked excited, a little note sitting on the top of the box. 

"You know what these are right?" 

"I do not." 

"They're the most expensive flowers that I know of," she quickly said.  "They last for a whole entire year!" 

Raising an eyebrow, I walked over to the box, taking the note off the top.  It made sense who it was from already, but I thought that the fact he even wrote me a little note was very sweet of him.  Opening it up, I read over the words, my cheeks flushing almost instantly. 

To: My Neonata 

Thank you for everything this weekend, and I miss having you in my bed. You're truly an angel, and I'm so grateful to have stumbled, quite literally, into you. See you soon, my little Italian. 

From: Harry 

Smiling down at the note, I placed it on the desk, Mrs. Woods looking overly filled with joy at the fact that I was going to open the box from him now.  Swallowing hard, I grasped the top, carefully pulling it off, and blushing at the roses inside.  Tucking my hair behind my ear, I smiled at the solid color roses, the color almost a pale pink.  It was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me, and while I adored Louis, Liam, and Niall, they had never sent me flowers while I was working. 

"Can I call him?" I asked.  "If you let me take a picture of your flowers, most definitely." 

Nodding, I stepped outside her office and into the conference room next door.  It didn't take long to call him, my phone pressing up against my ear easily.  I waited patiently, wanting so badly to wrap my arms around him tightly, but knowing that wasn't an option.  Just as I was about to hang up the call, he picked up, saying a smooth hello, and that he was leaving a building as I was calling. 

"Oh, right.  You are busy with meetings this week, I'm sorry." 

"Nothing to apologize for.  Did you get them?" 

"I did, they're so pretty.  Almost as pretty as you." 

"Awe, shucks," he laughed, and I could just imagine his cute little dimples.  "I'm not so cute with these cuts on my face.  You know I had to reschedule a magazine shoot for GQ.  These things on my face need to heal faster." 

"I'm going to slap whoever hurt you," I told him kindly.  "You deserve so much better, and if they ever get near you again when I'm around you, I'll protect you." 

"I don't deserve you," he murmured.  "My little angel, huh?" 

"Yes.  Oh, it's funny you sent me roses today, because I finally got a cute little chain to put your ring on, and I'm wearing it today." 

"I like the sound of that. I've got your ring on, too, neonata," he told me.  "Also, can we have lunch Friday? I'm busy today and tomorrow, but I haven't seen you in a couple of days." 

"We can definitely have lunch, or if you want to have dinner, that would be cool." 

He chuckled.  "Dinner, huh?" 

"I mean, then I can get wasted, and I know you'll take care of me." 

"I'll always take care of my neonata, but yes, dinner it is.  Well, I know your boss just loves me so much, but I'll let you get back to work.  Text me later or something, okay?" 

"Okay.  Goodbye, Harry." 

"Bye, Finley." 

We hung up, and I walked back into the office with Mrs. Woods sitting at her desk.  She told me that she couldn't get over how adorable the flowers were, and that she wished her friends would send her roses at work.  She also said something along the lines of Harry really just trying to finesse me into dating him, but I just brushed her off, saying that we were friends, and perfectly happy that way.  We went out to lunch together, and this time pretty much talked about business, and what to expect in the upcoming weeks.  I was excited, and just really looking forward to everything that was in store.

✵✵✵

Later that evening, my friends and I decided to go out to dinner.  I knew it was because we hadn't done it in a while, and I was looking forward to hanging out with the three of them tonight.  We had chosen a little restaurant that I thought was fancy, the boys wearing button downs while I wore a nice shirt and jeans.  I could tell that they thought I looked good, and I found myself complimenting the three of them, a smile on my face as we headed to Liam's car. 

"I call dibs on cuddling with you tonight," Niall told me.  "Even if Harry calls, I still get dibs." 

"Anything for you," I smiled at him, a grin on his face as he wrapped his arm around me.  "If we watch a movie, can it be something I actually like?" 

"When have a we ever watched a movie that you don't—" 

"Uhh, I hate scary movies, and you always want to watch those." 

"Whatever.  We can watch something you would like, sure." 

It made me smile, Louis mentioning that Niall only ever watched scary movies because he wanted me to cuddle up to him more.  I could tell it was true when Niall told him to shut up, the four of us getting on the elevator.  It wasn't long before we reached the bottom and headed to the parking garage, Liam surprisingly on the bottom floor.  We then got in his car, Louis sitting up front while I sat in the back with Niall. 

"So, have you and Harry been getting along?" I heard Louis ask. 

"Yes.  Did you not see the shit ton of flowers I brought home today? Those were from him." 

"Oh, I see," Liam stated.  "He wants to get in your pants." 

"No! He's just being a nice friend.  You guys can send me flowers at work anytime you would like, but I don't expect it!" 

They all grunted, and now I was concerned that this dinner was simply to interrogate me on Harry.  Not that I cared necessarily, but it would be a little awkward.  After all, I liked when our lives mixed, but I almost wanted to separate myself with the boys and myself with Harry into two different categories.  I didn't act that much different, but I was always nervous around Harry, and never around the boys. 

"You, ma'am, are getting wined and dined tonight," Niall told me. 

"Oh, and who's paying?" I laughed. 

"Me.  I wanted to pay for you." 

"Oh, so that's why you want to cuddle.  You're paying for my dinner so I wouldn't say no." 

"Jokes on you, Niall, she already said yes to your offer," Louis reminded him.  "Oh shit, you're right.  Well, it's fine.  You can get off the kids menu when they hand it to Louis, Finley." 

"Say one more fucking thing about my height, Niall.  I fucking dare you.  We're going to square the fuck up." 

Louis' harsh tone made me giggle, and Liam tried to play the concerned father card, saying there would be no fighting in his vehicle, but I just laughed even more.  Louis glared back at Niall, and Niall just shrugged, acting like he didn't really care.  It wasn't very long before Liam was pulling up to Valet, the four of us getting out of the car as Liam paid.  I offered him money, but he shook his head no, my arms wrapping around Niall once we were inside, and waiting for a table. 

"Are you cold?" 

"Maybe a little bit." 

"You know what we should also definitely do tonight?" Niall started. 

"I swear to God if you say fuck, I'm hitting you in the dick." 

"Who's fucking tonight?" Louis asked. 

"No one," I quickly said at the same time Niall said,  "We are." 

"Oh, is that a thing again?" Liam asked. 

"Shut up!" I whined, pulling away from Niall and crossing my arms over my chest.  "We were teenagers, I don't want to hear it!" 

"We messed around two years ago too, Fin, don't act like you don't remember." 

"You know what I'm about to remember? How it feels to smack you in the face." 

Niall raised his arms in surrender, saying he was just joking, and that he really didn't think we should fuck.  I was annoyed with him, and I didn't ever like when he brought up our past sex life together.  It was embarrassing, and while it was usually not that awkward living with him, I felt it when he started speaking about it again. 

"I'm sorry, Finley," Niall stated.  "I just haven't been laid in a while, that's all." 

"I haven't been in four years, but you don't see me complaining." 

"Maybe you'll let Harry fuck you," Niall started jokingly.  "He looks like he'd be good at that." 

"How does someone look like they're—" 

"Take Louis for example.  He looks like a great bottom if you ask—" 

Before he could finish speaking, Louis was grabbing Niall's shirt collar, Liam looking very worried now.  The two of them had been speaking, but Louis was a good listener when it came to hearing his name in conversations.  I knew that Niall was just joking, but Louis was always offended when Niall made jokes about him being a bottom. 

"You take that back, or I'll show you what a great top I am." 

"Woah, Lou, I don't swing that way.  I love you though," Niall smiled, patting his cheek.  "You know I'm only kidding.  I'm sure Jess loves taking it from you." 

"She fucking does, and don't make jokes about me being a fucking bottom." 

Our buzzer started glowing, Liam telling us it was time to settle down.  It was crazy to think they all were twenty-three, and Louis was almost twenty-four, yet they all acted like children.  Or, Louis and Niall did anyway.  I could tell Liam thought this was going to be a long dinner, the four of us following the hostess to a table.  We sat down in a booth, Niall letting me scoot in before following after me.  He grinned, patting my knee before lookin at his menu. 

"Alright, well, what is everyone going to get?" 

"We just sat down, Niall, I have no clue." 

"Oh my God, stop your bickering," I sighed, the three of them glancing at me.  "It's kind of irritating. I love you guys, but stop." 

"Sorry, Finley," Niall stated.  "What are you going to get?" 

"I always like their chicken parm on a bed of alfredo pasta, so maybe that." 

"Oh shit, that sounds good," he agreed.  "Are you going to Italy for Thanksgiving?" 

"I'm trying to," I shrugged.  "I have a thousand dollars saved up." 

"If you need more, I can lend you some," Louis told me.  "I know how much that means to you." 

"Yeah, me too," Liam agreed. 

"And I can also," Niall nodded. 

"We want the best for our favorite woman," Louis stated.  "Because I know that without you living with us, the place would be a hell hole." 

Liam and Niall agreed.  A person came to take our drink orders, the guys ordering beer while I simply got a water.  The three of them looked confused, but I just shrugged, explaining that I didn't want any alcohol tonight.  As we worked our way through dinner, I was happier, thankful that I had such a good team of people around me all the time.  Even though I might have been hanging out with Harry a little more than usual last week, I was definitely having a great time tonight with my favorite boys.  Offering to pay Niall back for my meal, he assured me it was fine, and that an extra fifteen dollars on his bill was fine.  Nodding, I thanked him softly, the four of us waiting until the waitress came back with our checks before leaving.  They had left good tips, and I was glad, really seeing how much they had grown.  After all, they left over twenty percent now, whereas when we were growing up, they left tips smaller than that.  It didn't take a long time to get home, Niall and I both changing before I made my way to his room.  He let me cuddle up into his side, my body close to his as he searched for a movie. 

"What do you want to watch?" 

"A movie." 

"Wow, you're so funny," he muttered, rolling his eyes as he searched the rom-com section of Netflix. 

"I try my hardest." 

He shook his head, telling me I was obnoxious, but I told him to look at who was talking.  Niall shrugged, and we decided on a movie together, the man beside me letting me pull the covers over us.  It had been a while since we did this, and I felt kind of bad, but I was also pretty sure he wasn't that offended by it. 

"Listen, would you ever want to fuck me again?" he asked about halfway through the movie. 

"Niall, I don't know!" I blushed, my face hiding in the crook of his neck.  "We're different people." 

"Mm, therefore we should see if we've changed techniques." 

"You're a cheeky bastard," I laughed quietly, pulling away some to look up at him.  "I don't think I really want to, and it has nothing to do with you." 

"Because you like Harry." 

"I do not!" 

"You're such a bad liar.  Look, you're doing that stupid thing you do where you're nervous.  I see no hair that even needs to be tucked away." 

Glaring at him, I shook my head, telling him he was irritating me.  It then stemmed into him asking if Harry liked me, which I tried to say he didn't, but I was stumbling over my words.  I didn't like how I was a terrible liar in front of Niall, but I also knew I could never help it. 

"He's twenty-nine, do you think you want a seven year age difference?" 

"My grandparents on my dad's side had a five year age difference." 

"So?" 

"So, even if I did want something with him, I don't know, it doesn't sound ideal, but it isn't horrible." 

"Why wouldn't it be ideal?" 

"I just ... I don't know, he just ... I'm lame." 

"You're not lame," Niall quickly assured me.  "I think you're really cool." 

"We took each other's virginity, you're biased." 

He shook his head.  "You bring that up like it's a bad thing.  I think it's awesome that we're really good friends, and comfortable around one another.  Most people just remember their first partner, but I get to see her every day, and she is one of my best friends." 

My cheeks burned, and I tried to push him away, but he didn't allow it.  Niall was a sweetheart, and I was incredibly thankful to have him by my side after all these years.  He was one of the two guys who I had ever had sex with, and while I knew he had a higher body count, I also knew he was always going to be very respectful of me. 

"I don't know what I want." 

"That's fair," Niall told me.  "But if Harry likes you, or you like him, maybe you guys should talk about it.  He is pretty famous, and I don't want you getting sucked into something and then looking like the bad person.  I believe he is a good guy now, but people like that might only look out for themselves." 

He had a valid point.  What if I did date Harry, and then we split up and he had his manager send horrible news reports to the tabloids about me? It would make me look absolutely horrible, and I didn't want that at all.  Sighing, I decided that I was going to probably have to talk it over with him, but then again I wasn't sure.  I had made it so obvious that I really only liked him as a friend, and I wasn't even sure if I truly liked him as something that could maybe be more. 

"Well, I don't know.  I'm going to sleep in here with you tonight, if that's okay?" 

"Of course," he nodded, setting an alarm for me.  "Goodnight, Fin. Sweet dreams." 

I smiled, letting him press a kiss to my temple before whispering for him to have sweet dreams also.  We were cuddled together, and I honestly adored my friend that was sleeping beside me.  Even if he could definitely be annoying sometimes, he always made me smile, which was all that I ever really needed.  I just was excited to see what was laid out in the future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 6.8K 22
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
967K 16.7K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
314K 6.8K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
938K 39.7K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC