The Things You Do.

By siighbrat

"if the world was ending, would you cry or would you try to get me?" my works #4. previously titled Skyline. More

TTYD|SOUNDTRACK
CHARACTER LIST.
TTYD1.
TTYD2.
TTYD3.
TTYD4.
TTYD5.
TTYD7.
TTYD8.
TTYD9.
TTYD10.
TTYD11.
TTYD12.
TTYD13.
TTYD14.
TTYD15.
TTYD16.

TTYD6.

3.2K 370 236
By siighbrat

Bliss Jackson|Boogie.

guys they'll be times when the pov will change from Bliss to Genesis and back and etc. i will try to make the switch as clear as possible.

                    "YOU doing homework?" Bliss nodded using her apple pencil to highlight and make note of a sentence in this book. "At a volleyball game?"

"Yeah and it's not really homework... just reading a little for this class." Bliss mumbled glancing up at the game in front of her.

"Boogs, nigga you ain't here to read." Ashae said nudging her shoulder. "This the first game of the season."

"I know, it ain't even start yet. She ain't playing yet." Bliss spoke referring to Kaycee who was on the volleyball team at the school.

Bliss had a test tomorrow, nothing too hard, but she still wanted to be prepared for it. Kaycee had her first volleyball game and Bliss didn't want to miss it, so she was sitting in the stands studying for her test.

"You just make me sick." Ashae stated leaning over and reading what was on her sisters ipad. "What class is this for?"

"English." Bliss rolled her eyes. As much as she loved reading, she hated English courses which is why she waited to take hers.

"Look it's Kaycee." Ashae said making Bliss look up quickly and smile, Kaycee was looking around for her parents, and frowned when she didn't see them. Once she laid eyes on Bliss she grinned waving. Bliss waved back giving Kaycee a thumbs up. "She so fine."

Bliss gagged looking over at Ashae who was smirking and looking at Kaycee's legs, she was pulling her shorts down, her thick thighs were making them roll up. "This shit is getting so weird."

"I don't know why, that girl ain't your real sister." Ashae said looking over at Bliss.

"Well if you marry her then we will be sisters, we'll be sister in laws." Bliss spoke cheesing making  Ashae shake his head.

"Marry?" he said confused. "Who said anything about marriage? I'm scared of you."

"You need to stop sleeping around, what if you get a disease?" Bliss questioned making Ashae smack his lips.

"I slept with two girls and now I'm just sleeping around, ain't that bout a bitch." Ashae said shaking his head. "Maybe Shashy was right.. maybe you do need to get you a nigga."

"Why is my happiness or lack of being dumbed down to me needing dick in my life? Why can't I just be uptight or feel a way? And why is dick the solution?" Nothing aggravated Bliss more than people telling her she needed to have sex or get a man to relieve her stress, she could never understand why that was the answer to everything.

Ashae didn't say anything, but not because he had nothing to say, because he was listening to what Bliss was saying. He had never noticed how that was something people said to women, black women, when they were stressed or angry.

"Damn maybe college is making you smart." Ashae said making her chuckle. "I wasn't saying it like that though, I'm saying all you do is work and go to school and repeat. Or you picking me up from school, or running errands for Grand-mère, or helping mommy around the house, or stressed about something. You never do anything for you, I think you deserve that—a nigga who will take good care of you."

Bliss shrugged, she was touched by her baby brother's words. "I don't know, I get what you're saying, but I have to do what I have to do to make sure y'all are straight, y'all are my top priority and going to work and school is gonna make sure y'all are."

"But that's not right, Boogie. You should be your top priority." Ashae stated, his sister was not what she used to be, it had seemed like when Jakai died, Bliss had died right along with him.

Being the oldest, Jakai took on the roll of making sure the family was fine, and he did it well too. He was so dependable and if any of them needed anything, he would do whatever he had to, to get it for them. Bliss felt like after his passing she had to fill his shoes, to continue to make sure the family was okay. Those were big shoes to fill.

"I hear you, Bub." Bliss spoke, glancing over at her brother. "I don't want you to worry about me, I'll be okay. I promise."

"You'd tell me if you needed help? Or if you were having  problems?" Ashae questioned. His biggest fear was losing his sister the same way he lost his brother. "You know I'd do anything for you, Bliss, right?"

"I would and I know." Bliss nodded. "I promise, I'm okay." Bliss kissed her brothers forehead as he nodded kissing hers in return.

The two turned their attention to the court, Kaycee was in her position, which was setter. Kaycee was gifted and being heavily recruited for her volleyball skills. She was so good, she could nearly play any position she was put in, which is why she was a crucial part of the team.

"That's right baby! Hit that ball!" Ashae shouted once Kaycee smacked the ball, she looked up at the stands and seen Ashae standing up clapping making her roll her eyes and smile.

"This is sick." Bliss mumbled chuckling.

"Oh look, it's P." Ashae said. "I'll be back, Boog, I gotta talk to him real quick."

Bliss watched her brother climb down the bleachers, Genesis stood there in Amiri jeans, a Essentials t-shirt, and Court High Amiri sneakers. He looked fine. Semaj standing beside him in something similar, they both caught the attention of everyone in the gym. Ashae stood in front of them both, dapping Semaj up and giving Genesis a head nod.

"What y'all doing here?" Ashae asked the two, he wasn't expecting them to be here.

"My sister on the team." Semaj told Ashae.

"Oh for real? Which one?" Ashae said looking onto the court trying to find a player that resembled him.

"Nah her, on the damn bench." Semaj said shaking his head and pointing at the little girl sitting on the bench, pushing her glasses up on her face.

"Oh." Ashae frowned. "She small to be on varsity."

"She fifteen, that's why. And riding the damn bench, Lord." Semaj just watched his sister, she was sweet and a bit awkward, she could play volleyball no doubt, but the coaches never put her in the game. "Hold on."

"Wassup, P?" Ashae asked as Semaj walked over to his sister.

"Nothing, what you doing here? I thought you was doing conditioning at Maj's." Ashae shook his head.

"My wrist been bothering me a lil, Neicey told me to let it rest. I'm here with my sister," Ashae nodded up the bleachers where Bliss sat watching the game intently, her eyebrows furrowed and lip between her teeth. "Her best friend play on the team too, she captain."

Genesis looked towards where he was nodding, a bit surprised to see Bliss, but the familiarity he felt when he looked at her now made sense. All of the Jackson children shared their fathers eyes, that's how people identified the family.

Genesis knew Ashae from when Jakai first died, it was all over the news. It wasn't everyday somebody killed themself in Houston, so the news exploited the case and the family. Ashae was well known around Houston anyway for his athletic ability, he managed to play baseball and football and was extremely good at both. Jakai's death occurred during baseball season, Ashae quit the team in his time of grief, and Genesis was able to help the boy out. In many ways, Genesis became a mentor to the boy, in no way did Genesis replace Jakai, but he offered brotherly advice when Ashae needed it most.

"Why you ain't got it wrapped up?" Genesis questioned making Ashae shrug. "That's not a good enough response."

"The wrap make me feel itchy and shit, I don't like it." Ashae explained.

"Nah, you need to wrap that shit up." Genesis said, shaking his head. "Go get that wrapped up tomorrow, Ashae. Deadass."

Ashae nodded. Genesis began to look around, the bleachers were full and they had nowhere to sit. "You can come sit with us." Ashae offered.

Genesis didn't really want to, he knew how women acted, he didn't want to be bothered with Bliss. It wasn't like he had a choice though, so he followed Ashae up the bleachers, people parting like the red sea as he said his excuse me's.

"Boog, this is P. P this is my big sister, Boogie, I mean Bliss." Ashae introduced the two.

"Nice to meet you." Bliss said politely not even looking up from the game.

"Likewise." Genesis replied, sitting beside her since the free spot was on her right side, leaving her the middle of he and Ashae.

"Good hit, Resa!" Bliss shot up from her seat as the crowd cheered, Kaycee had hit the ball right past the girl on the opposing teams hands, making it hit the floor.

Genesis looked the slim girl over, dressed plainly in a pair of black leggings and her blue class hoodie that read her nickname and the school logo, she had on a pair of black Yeezy foam runners- something she had gotten for extremely cheap since Kaycee worked at a shoe store.

Sitting back down, Bliss caught a whiff of Genesis, his cologne was intoxicating. She glanced over at him, identifying him as the owner of the grocery store located by her grandmas house. "You own Belle's." Bliss asked, but it came out as a statement.

"Yeah, I do." he nodded.

"That was really good on your part, putting a grocery store in the inner city that offers fresh and organic foods for reasonable prices. Thank you." Bliss shared. "My Nana loves that damn store, she said y'all got the best strawberries."

"Thank you." Genesis said, it made him happy to hear that. "I appreciate it."

"Yeah." Bliss said back shortly.

"Damn, look how she fell." Ashae spoke, his mouth dropping as the girl laid flat face down on the ground. "Oh my God." He laughed loudly. "Oh my God, Boog, look."

"Bubs, that's not funny." Bliss looked over at Ashae who had tears falling from his eyes. She chuckled watching him try to catch his breath. "Ashae stop."

"You just really had to have seen how she fell, it was so slow." Ashae kept laughing. "That was just funny as fuck, God please bless her."

"You ain't shit." Bliss spoke as they helped her up.

"That was the funniest shit ever." Ashae spoke still laughing. His laugh was so contagious and he would laugh at the same thing for twenty minutes straight. "Damn the game over?"

"Yeah you went down there running your big mouth and missed it." Bliss stood up and yawned, it was one of those good yawns too, her legs started shaking making her butt jiggle. "I am so tired." Ipad and bag in hand, Bliss started down the bleachers.

Genesis left the two, going over to Semaj who was with his little sister.

"I'm hungry." Ashae spoke following her.

"You did soooo good, Resa." Bliss smiled at her friend who was drinking gatorade.

"Thank you, Boog." she smiled.

"Did you hear me cheering for you stink?" Ashae asked hugging up on Kaycee making her smack her lips.

"Yeah I heard your loud ass." she said letting him hug her. "I heard you laughing at that girl too."

"Give me a kiss." Ashae spoke poking his lips out making Kaycee push her head back and turn her face up. "Come on girl, you know you want to."

Kaycee smirked pecking Ashae's lips making he and Bliss widen their eyes. "Alright I gave you one, now unhand me."

"Bro do you wanna fuck?" Ashae asked following Kaycee as she walked towards the locker rooms.

"Do you wanna fuck?" Bliss heard Kaycee ask as they got farther away.

Bliss shook her head smiling lightly as she took a seat on the bench, waiting for them to return so that they could go get food. "Boogs, your fine ass."

Bliss looked up seeing Sameer standing in front of her, she smiled lightly. "Hey Meer."

"You a stranger now, huh?" he questioned as she stood up and they hugged. "What you doing here, its September, you supposed to be at school."

"I moved back home, I go to school at U of H." she shared. "And how I'm stranger, you could've called me."

Bliss used to have the biggest crush on Sameer, it was something serious. Sameer knew too, he told himself he never pursued her because of her older brother, she was the only girl and they knew he didn't play about Bliss. But it was really because of her complexion, Bliss didn't always look how she looked now, he paid her no mind when she was just a scrawny little sophomore. Now he was all in her face.

Oh how the turns tabled.

Genesis watched the two closely, Bliss' face held a gorgeous smile as she talked to Sameer. "You know her or something?"

"Nah—I mean that's Ashae sister, but I don't know her." Genesis responded to Semaj.

"You all in her shit." Semaj told him. "What you finna go knock the nigga out? I'm right behind you, but I atleast wanna know the reason behind the violence."

"Nah, I ain't." That wasn't like Genesis at all. He just wanted to know who the nigga was and why he was all in Bliss' face.

"Fix your face, Honey. They benched ya ass, get over it." Semaj said to his little sister who was pouting. "Bench warm as shit thanks to you."

"Go to hell, Semaj. Small eared, musty ass nigga." she rolled her eyes.

"Ooh, I'm telling mommy on your lil haired ass."

"Man y'all irritating as hell." Genesis spoke up watching Ashae and a girl in a tracksuit approach Bliss. "Bring y'all ass."

"I be forgetting you so angry, ooh mad face, mad face." Honey said as they walked behind Genesis. He was like big brother to her, annoying him came easy.

"Ashae touch my ass one more time, I promise, I'm knocking your shit loose." Kaycee spoke slapping his hands off her butt, he was gripping a handful.

"Oh you kinky, I'm into that." Ashae said nodding his head making Semaj chuckle.

"This nigga." Semaj mumbled. "Alright, Shae, you be easy."

"You too, I'll see you tomorrow I guess. P said I gotta get my wrist wrapped." Ashae said dapping Semaj up. Kaycee recognized them both from that day at the restaurant but said nothing, Semaj had dubbed her, it was no point.

"I'm sorry you ain't get to play." Kaycee spoke to Honey. "I told coach to put you in, ima work on it for you."

"Preciate it." Honey nodded. She knew she could play and if the coaches didn't want to put her in the game, oh well. She'd sit on the bench every game.

"Give me your number again." Sameer said making everyones attention turn on he and Bliss. Genesis stared blankly while Kaycee and Ashae had their faces turned up.

"You give me your number." Bliss said back.

"Alright, Ashae. Ima ask Neicey if you showed up tomorrow so you should probably go." Genesis spoke, he was ready to go and tired of being around people.

"I'll be there after school." Ashae assured Genesis making him nod. "Be safe out here."

"No doubt." Ashae nodded.

Genesis began walking towards the door, placing his hand on Bliss' waist lightly to slide past her to the exit. "Excuse me." he spoke making Bliss stop what she was doing and watch the man swagger away.

This time she let him leave.

heyyyyyy bitches

i wrote two long ass chapters today!

how y'all doing today?

S11: Which one? Everybody Hates Chris or My Wife and Kids?

S12: What's your fav social media app right now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 4.1K 23
"๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’Œ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’”๐’‰๐’๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’ ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’Ž๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’” ๐’•๐’“๐’–๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’”๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’๐’†'๐’” ๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’š๐’๏ฟฝ...
63.5K 3.6K 30
You keep me open I'm so devoted to you.
46.1K 1.4K 38
๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ: if you haven't read 'Real Luv' please read before you read this your going to be confused Shawty.
694K 31.7K 50
"I found yo love when I really needed it." "So did I." #1 in URBAN-07/05/2022 #1 in WLW-25/05/2022