A Thousand More (Sequel & Cla...

By Misty_Scarlet

SPOILERS FOR A THOUSAND YEARS President Snow has come up with the Fallen Hunger Games, where tributes who hav... More

A Thousand More
Chapter 1 "The Fallen Hunger Games"
Chapter 2 "Returning to the Capitol"
Chapter 3 "Atlas, Ivory and Silver"
Chapter 4 "Training"
Chapter 5 "The Private Sessions"
Chapter 7 "The Bloodbath"
Chapter 8 "The Creature"
Chapter 9 "The Careers"
Chapter 10 "Ten"
Chapter 11 "The Feast"
Chapter 12 "Stolen"
Chapter 13 "The Finale"
Chapter 14 "Who will win?"
Chapter 15 "Victors"
Chapter 16 "Life After the Games"
Chapter 17 "Forever"

Chapter 6 "Interviews Again."

1.4K 40 3
By Misty_Scarlet

Clove's PoV

"Wake up!" Ivory says brightly. I rub my eyes and move Cato's arm off of me. He groans and wakes up. I walk sleepily to the bathroom and have a shower. I walk out and Cato goes in. I ate some breakfast and Flux comes up to and says, "Today you and Cato have to practice for your interviews. Just find an angle and rehearse."

"Also, the interviews will be in couples and not individually. " he adds. Cato walks past me, his scent blowing on me, making me burn up and smile.

"We're going to leave you two to practice now. Bye!" Ivory says while he elevator door closes.

"So what should our interview angle be?" I ask. 

"Well, the Capitol likes romance right?"

"Yeah..."

"Then we should be romantic. That will get us sponsors and the audience will love it, also we barely need to practice."

"Good idea. I think we should act like we did in the interviews last time. Like I was sarcastic with a little bit of sweetness."

We practice everything we could but we didn't know what questions were coming for us. I hoped I could get a shorter dress this time because I nearly tripped over my long one. I find a pair of high heels on a bench with a note saying 'Practice with these ~Flux'. I slip them on and walk steadily around the apartment with them. I was already used to them by now. After walking around everywhere with them, I completely forgot until my feet started getting sore. I moan quietly and rub my ankles. I climb into bed and fall instantly asleep.

I wake up with Cato telling me we have to meet up with our stylists now. He kisses me on the cheek and leaves with Ivory. Flux escorts to a room where he will dress me up.

"I have the perfect dress for you." He says while rubbing his hands together and walking to a wardrobe. He takes out a stunning light cream dress. I tried it on and it was tight on the top but flared out to the bottom. The front was shorter than the back and it had a gorgeous pattern on top. Flux handed a pair of dangly earrings with hearts as their charm. He points to a box and says, "Those shoes." I nod and open the box. It was high heels of course, the same colour as my dress. Flux does a small braid on the right side of my head and pins small flowers on it. He puts make-up that gave me a natural look. "All done. You can go now." He says while smiling.

"Thanks." I say gratefully while hugging him.

I walk out to see everyone lining up. Cato's eyes lit up when he saw me and we run to each other for a hug. He's wearing black suit with a half unbuttoned white shirt underneath.

"Aw isn't that cute." Genevieve comments in disgust. I roll my eyes and walk over to Silver. Her dress matched her name; it was silver with a sparkly one shoulder strap. It went all the way down to her ankles. Aidan was wearing a suit to match her.

"You look so pretty!" I exclaim. 

"Look at yourself!" she replies. We all turn our heads to the screen as Genevieve and Atlas are called up. Since there were 2 people the interview time went for 6 minutes. Genevieve wore a tight black dress with a diamond belt. Atlas wore a shiny grey suit.

Caesar introduces them to the crowd and they sit down a bit distant from each other. This time Caesar had his hair in green.

"So, Atlas, what do you think about Genevieve? Answer honestly." he asks.

"She's my district partner so I don't mind her." Atlas lies.

"And you Genevieve?"

"I despise him." She also lies jokingly.

"You two don't seem like you're together." Caesar says while laughing with the crowd.

"Is there someone else you want to go home for?" He asks.

"Maybe." Genevieve answers briefly.

"I don't need to go home for her, she'll be in the arena." Atlas answers truthfully. Genevieve's face brightens up with hope.

"Oh really? Is it the girl you got into a fight over?" Caesar asks with a huge grin on his face.

"Yeah." He answers, I felt bad for Genevieve. Her expression was sad but she was trying to hide it.

"Who will you go home for?" he says while looking at her.

"You'll find out in the arena." She says while winking.

"The suspense! I'm afraid your interview is over!" He announces while they leave the stage.

Cato's PoV

That was an interesting interview. The buzzer goes off and we walk on the stage together. I grab her hand and fit my fingers in-between hers. I sit down first and Clove cuddles up next to me with her legs resting on my lap.

"Is that a wedding ring I see?" he asks and the audience gasps.

"Who wouldn't marry her?" I answer.

"Aww." The crowd says.

"Both your deaths were so tragic. It gets me every time, especially your one Clove. How did it feel?" Caesar asks while wiping his left eye.

"It felt awesome." Clove answers sarcastically. "At least I got to see Cato before I died." She adds in sweetly.

"That's really cute. Do you think you will win this time, Cato?"

"No one has a chance against me." I reply arrogantly. "But I won't win if Clove isn't there." I add while kissing her on her forehead.

"Well there it is! Cato and Clove. The tragic lovers from District 2!" he concludes.

We walk off the stage and I hear someone quietly crying. It was Silver but it looked like Aidan had it all figured out. He was reassuring her that she would be great in the interview. They looked like a good couple; you could easily mistake them for one. He was holding both her hands in front of him. The buzzer rings and it was their turn, he hugs her tightly and she wipes away her tears. They walk off to the stage side by side.

"District 4! Silver and Aidan!" Caesar announces.

"I heard you two were quite good friends, anything more than that now?" Caesar jokes playfully.

"I hope we can be." Aidan answers while laughing.

"Oooh..." Caesar says along with the crowd and Silver smiles at the ground.

"Just friends... for now." Silver says, trying to follow along.

"I suspect something here. Who thinks Silver looks beautiful tonight?" The crowd cheers in agreement.

"Oh thankyou!" She says while smiling.

"And take a look at this handsome tribute!" Caesar compliments Aidan.

"I bet the crowd would want something to happen between you two! That was your interview." The audience hoots and cheers as they walk off.

Silver's PoV

I could breathe again, that was a nerve-wracking interview. Aidan and I had finally gotten off stage and i throw my arms around him.

"I can't believe I got through that! I couldn't of done without your help!" I exclaim to him completely forgetting what actually happened in the interview.

"Its fine." He replies with a sweet smile. Suddenly, what he said in the interview comes back to me.

"Oh about what you said-" I am stopped with his lips pressing against mine. My eyes slowly started to close as he puts his arms around my waist. My mind was blown; it was such a fragile feeling, light and delicate.

He pulls away and says, "Yes, I like you. Actually, I love you."

"I-uh-I love- you um too." I stutter. He smiles and pulls me in for another kiss.

Cato's PoV

I look around and spot Silver and Aidan kissing. I expected that to happen. I nudge Clove because she would be really excited for them both.

"Huh?" She says confused.

"Look." I say while pointing to then. She sighs and mutters something.

"What was that Clover?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"Oh I just said it was cute."

"It is." She nods and stares up at me. "Let's go back now, it's late."

We walk to the elevator and it brings us up to our apartment. Flux and Ivory were both fast asleep. We both crawl into bed and cuddle next to each other comfortably. I stare into the night sky and my eyelids started getting heavy. I took one last glimpse and slept soundly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318 10 16
𝙵𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎, 𝚏𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚌𝚎. 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑? 𝙾𝚛 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎. 𝙽𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚢...
1.4K 7 26
I hate him. I hate that man. I hate that man!!!! But oh.. Cara mia... <><><><><><><><><> Clove Sevina Kentwell, the girl with knives has an undying h...
2.8K 153 27
What if Clove and Cato won? What if Clove was holding her knife wrong and it punched into Threshes heart? The games will be in book 2, this is book...
15.9K 562 37
Far into the future of humankind, there existed a country named Panem, which occupied what was once North America. It consisted of thirteen districts...