Chapter 17 "Forever"

**15 years later**

Cato’s PoV

I give a strong hug to both Clover and Chase. They were leaving to District Two now, never to return again. I could feel tears stinging my eyes but I blink them away. They board the hovercraft after hugging Clove and waving one last time. I take Clove by her hand and lead her back to the house. She curls up on the couch and starts sobbing, her head on her knees with arms around, covering her face. I sit next to her and place my arm around her. I push her closer to me and comfort her. She takes a glance at me from the corner of her eye then moves herself so that she’s crying on my chest. Her hand clutches my shirt pulls it down tightly. I rub her back, comforting her. It felt like there was a grey cloud sitting on top of us everywhere we went. Clove looks up at me, still holding my shirt tightly, her green puppy dog-like eyes making my heart thump faster. Unexpectedly, she kisses me, right there. Now I could feel my heart, probably on the verge of bursting right now. Her grip was now tighter on my shirt and a tear finally rolls down my cheek.

****30 years later****

Cato’s PoV

I hold her fragile hand tightly while we sit on the front porch together with the moon shining over us. Counting every final second we have with each other. I crack a smile at her while she stares at the glittering stars above us. The warm breeze blows across our faces as we look at each other in silence. Now I felt it, I was sure this was the moment.

“It’s time, Clove.” I say, sadly. Her expression was devastated now.

“It’s felt like a thousand years loving you, and I could keep going for a thousand more.” I say, trying to cheer her up.

“I’m scared that I’ll be nothing, once you’re gone.” She stammers.

“Don’t be afraid, I’ll forever be by your side.” I say while kissing her hand.

“Forever?”

“Forever.”

“Promise me, a thousand years?” She struggles to say.

“And a thousand more.” My smile fades as I take one last look at her. Everything flashes back; the first time I ever met her to this very last moment. I close my eyes as I cherish her hand still in mine just for one more second.

It was an awesome journey writing this fanfiction, thank you to all my fans who stayed with it to the very end. The dedication is for _alexbelle4ever_ because they voted and commented on almost every chapter. I would also like to thank Clato4ever, clatobetterthanglato, THGfan246 and any other people who have read, voted and commented on this story. I will loaf you all forever and always. <333

So um... the next book is out! The link is in the comments somewhere :)