THE SILENT TWIN (short story)

By xshellyboox

Enzo and Eva had always been together since they were in the womb. Because of that they were more dependant o... More

Chapter 1 - Enzo
Chapter 2 - Time
Chapter 3 - Innocent...
Chapter 4 - Family problems
Chapter 6 - Resurface...
Chapter 7 - Emotions

Chapter 5 - Not a target...

1.3K 77 52
By xshellyboox

ENZO

"What does he mean?" Enzo signed as Amare's heart began pounding.

He can't! He can't tell Enzo if he does then he'll lose the only friend he has!

He can't! He-

Enzo's hand grabbed Amare's face connecting their eyes.

His face was sudden with worthwhile his eyes pleaded for Amare to tell him what was going on.

Amare's eyes looked over to his brother before looking back to Enzo.

"Um," he began. Enzo's jaw clenched before walking over to Zain. He growled before grabbing the man and pulling him out of his apartment.

Once he was done with that he turned back to Amare.

His face was serious, his eyes cold as Amare began feeling Enzo's Dominant aura.

Damn.

"Uh, my-my mother," he began. He didn't know if this was the right choice but if his brother was going to use Enzo as a way to into blackmailing him.

He wouldn't go-He couldn't go back.

"My dad left my mother once he found out I was gay at least that's what my mother says," Amare began his eyes cast to the floor afraid of looks Enzo might give to him.

"She was a stay-at-home mom and didn't have no way income to help raise me and my brother so she used me," he twiddled with fingers nervously as he continued.

"She would use me to escort rich married men who were on the low about their sexuality to bring her income to take care of our brothers,"

"I was 15 and I didn't know any better... And I would've done anything to make my mother love me even if it meant selling my body," Enzo stood silently listening ignoring the killer's urge to kill his mother.

He's not a killer anymore.

He's supposed to be living a normal life now.

"Of course, when I reached the age of 18 I immediately realized that that was not something a mother would do to her son if she loved them," he awkwardly smiled which Enzo only return with a clenched jaw.

He's not a killer anymore.

He repeated once more.

"Once she heard that I wouldn't do that no more she kicked me out telling me to never come back. She also filled my brother's head with lies about me being a rich man's slut who'd abandon his family to be some man's whore,"

"Of course, my bothers believed her well, and over the years of my being away from them, Zain would find me now and then and pick on me while my other brother Zeke made no effort to contact me," Tapping Amare, he finally looked up watching him signed.

"So this is how you got to live with your grandmother?" Enzo asked while Amare nodded.

"Despite all the lies my mother had conspired against me my Nanna took me in as soon as she saw me on her doorstep," he smiled.

"Do you want me to kill them?" Enzo questioned his face as serious as it ever was.

Amare gulped unsure what to say.

Why did he say it as though he's killed someone before?

He thought to himself.

"No, Um I should go and It's -," Enzo stopped Amare shaking his head.

"Stay here tonight, your brother might be waiting for you and I won't feel good knowing that you might-" Enzo signed.

"I'll stay," Amare finished grabbing onto Enzo's hands.

Smiling Enzo nodded his head, happy that he had a good excuse to spend the night with Amare.

He also contemplated on tracking Amare's brother down after Amare had fallen asleep to torture him, maybe slightly kill him also.

But the thought of Amare hating him or finding out about the side of Enzo he has never shown anyone made his heart stammer.

"Should we sleep together?" Amare asked.

Enzo opened his mouth to answer but immediately stopped as he covered his mouth in shock.

Was he just about to talk?

No, it can't be.

Enzo smiled nodding his head.

"Yeah, we should" he signed.

______

"So how was your week, Enzo?" Marylin asked as Enzo sat on the couch man-spreading.

His black hoodie, which was paired with blackstrapped joggers on his head while his curly black hair covered his eyes.

He was wearing, Black as always his favorite color.

"We should get you to wear something more colorful," Marylin joked but Enzo's face stayed cold.

He hated bright colors made him stand out.

"Met my friends, brother," he signed making the therapist smile.

He's making friends.

"Really? And what was that like?" she asked smiling clearly happy that Enzo, was making process.

"I wanted to kill him," he signed as he began bouncing his leg in agitation.

Immediately Marylin's smile dropped, Eva did warn her about Enzo's need to resolve everything with violence.

"Did you?" she asked meeting Enzo's gaze.

He shrugged raised his hand.

"No, but I did track him down to where he lived," he began.

"I know that he has a 3-year-old daughter that he barely takes care of and that he frequently drops by a bar around noon every day," Enzo signed, his eyes glistening with devilish thoughts.

After that day at his apartment, Enzo had been tailing Zain watching his every move. Mostly because he wanted to make sure he wasn't going to try Amare again.

And also because he was relapsing.

By relapsing, he was doing things Ace had raised them to do.

Track down the target, study them and then take them out with a clean kill.

Enzo and Eva had killed many of the people who Ace wanted dead but the thing is they couldn't remember half of them.

Doing some of the sessions with Marylin she came to know that they would somehow blackout, that they would come too after they had killed the target unaware of what they had down sometimes.

Marilyn came up to the conclusion that Ace may have hypnotized them or their brain would had force them to forget such traumatic memories since they started when they were 8- years old.

Ace had made the twins into an assassin. And it could be that Enzo is feeling a void since he hadn't killed or had a target to take out in a month or so.

"Enzo let's clear things up, you shouldn't have followed your friend's brother that's not what a friend would do," Marylin targeted making Enzo scoff.

"He's a threat to Amare," he signed aggressively.

"Even so remember that you're not in that life no more, you want to live normally," Enzo stared at the ground as he thought about the things Marylin went on about.

She was right he wasn't an assassin anymore.

He didn't need to follow Zain or find out everything about him.

Because he wasn't a target. There aren't any more targets.

Normal life.

"Okay, I won't do it again," Enzo signed rolling his eyes.

This session was getting boring now and he missed Amare.

_______

AMARE

It was getting late and the cafe was getting too close which Amare was happy about.

He wanted to get home so that he could call Enzo since the big giant wouldn't be walking him home tonight.

Ever since what happened in Enzo's apartment, the giant had been walking him home ever since but Amare had convinced him that did half today since he had a therapy session.

Enzo reluctantly greed not before prompting the man to call him as soon as he's home.

"Amare come to throw out the trash and then we'll lock up," Henry his coworker said snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Okay," he replied grabbing the trash bags before heading outside.

Walking to the back of the alley where the dumpster was located, Amare threw the bags as he then turned around to meet a very smug, Zain.

Fuck.

Zain smiled making it over to his brother while Amare took steps back.

"Not so tough without your, bodyguard isn't you?!" Zain growled as he pushed his brother onto the growled.

"Zain-!" Amare's words were cut short when he felt a hard kick into his stomach.

"Shut up you little bitch!" Zayn yelled.

"Mom wants to see you," he spat sending another kick Amare's way.

"Now you're gonna go inside your pathetic place of job and grab your things then you're coming with me, understand fag?" he growled kicking Amare once more.

The one night he told Enzo to stay away.

Dammit.

"I asked you questioned, Amare?" he taunted as he watched his brother break down in tears.

"Y-Yes," he mutters.

_____

AMARE

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...