TO BE.

By Xouliana_

A coming-of-age story set in the capital city of "Africa's Giant", Nigeria. Sat in an apartment, more than a... More

FOREWORD
☏︎AUTHOR'S NOTE☀︎︎
Chapter 1.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.

GLOSSARY

17 5 0
By Xouliana_

My glossary will be updated as new words surface; this will be done in chapter succession.

Hopefully, as time goes by and if you sit around for the long run, you'll get acquainted with most of these words and won't even need to check this anymore.

I'd like to do a survey though. Would it be better if I placed the glossary at the end of each chapter, or just leave it as is?

Enjoy!

CHAPTER 1:

Playing: 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton.

Akara: Commonly referred to as Bean fritters or Bean buns (and by some, bean cake) is a common roadside snack eaten in many African homes for breakfast. For some, it serves as a pasttime snack and even dinner for others. As the name suggests, its primary ingredient is beans.

Mary-amaka skirt: A typically long, unrevealing skirt meant to cover up the "reserved" body parts of its wearer. The main point of wearing it is to dress very modestly without showing any body curves or the shape of the person.

padi: A really close friend.

top: Alternative reference to a "blouse", "t-shirt" or anything worn on the outside, on the upper part of the body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 108K 25
Cassie never expected her husband to leave her, not six months after giving birth to their little boy, and especially not for her younger sister, Car...
1.2M 40.9K 101
It Is a one-night stand for a 24 years old college girl, Annabelle. With no strings attached. When she sees her baby father on the cover page of a ma...
1M 30.7K 48
The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died giving birth to her. Being neglected and...
433K 15.2K 25
Blossom and Bloom Graceful and Tender - She couldn't believe her ears, or her eyes. Her husband, the man she loves, the father of her unborn baby, wa...