Life's Not Fair

Od arsenal_rose

Aurelia Vidal is arguably Spain's best striker. She is the leading goal scorer for Barcelona and plays her fa... Více

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 17

1.5K 41 2
Od arsenal_rose

30 November

"I found a house! It is two miles from here, and has three bedrooms and four bathrooms. Oh! And a backyard."

"Do you want to go look at it?" Leila asks.

"Yeah, maybe on one of our off days."

"Okay, you know it's not a rush though, you can stay here as long as you need to, Lia."

"Thank you Leila."

"Do you want to hang your jersey up in the room you're staying in? The Sydney one?"

"Oh, sure! Come on kitty!" I pick up Leila's cat, much to it's dislike, and take it with me to the room.

"I told you she wasn't that bad. You love her, admit it," Leila smirks once I walk in.

"I love annoying her. She hates me picking her up," I defend. I have actually grown to like her but I would never let Leila win and be right.

"Sure, Lia. Hand me the frame would you?" I shift the cat to one arm and pick up the frames jersey to help Leila hang it.

"You played as number 8?" She asks.

"Twelve. I wanted my jersey to have the eight for memories," I explain.

"Who was eight?"

"I don't remember. Let's get it up." Caitlin was eight. When I realized I wouldn't be returning to Australia I asked the club if I could have one of my jerseys. This was an extra, the one that I played in was in a storage room.

"Whatever you say Lil."

"I cannot believe you!"

"What?"

"You met her mother?"

"I didn't exactly have a choice!"

"You met her mom! That's so exciting! You guys are so cute!"

"Okay, first of all, we're not together. You know that, guys. Second, her mom was staying with her until they can get back to Australia."

"You are so disappointing," Mapi groans.

"You're not together yet you mean. It's going to happen!" Leila says.

"Whatever you say Lei."

Later in the week we had our match against Granadilla Tenerife. Hayley had also returned to Australia with her mum and had told me she was planning on watching the match. I wouldn't blame her if she didn't, kick-off for her was at 9 p.m. and she needed to be getting some  rest.

"You know, you are such an amazing roommate Lia."

"Aww, thank you! You are too Lei!"

"You're just so nice overall."

"What do you want, Lei?"

"Will you do my hair for the game?" She asks.

"Yeah, sure. Give me a few minutes to finish breakfast, and we don't need to do it now."

"Thank you! Is Hayley supposed to be watching?"

"Maybe. You should focus on getting food instead of my love life though."

"You admitted it! You admitted that you guys are a thing! You said 'love life'!" She cheers before hugging me.

"No, Leila, listen. You are the one making it a thing. Leila, don't you dare mention this to Mapi."

"I won't."

"Leila I swear if you don't stop moving I will stop braiding your hair and move out."

"I'm trying! But your nails are long and it tickles and then I'm trying to grab my water and I can't reach it."

"Use words! I can grab it for you!"

"Fine, can I have my water please?"

"Here. I'm almost done with the first one so just hold on a few more minutes." I finish the first little braid in her hair and begin moving to the second. I begin to separate her hair and twist it into a braid.

"It looks great! Thank you Lia!" She was now examining her hair in the mirror after I pulled it back into a ponytail.

"Of course!"

The match started with their possession until Mapi wins it back for us in our half. I run down the field to get open for a pass that I eventually receive and cross the ball to Leike who gets a head on it but it is saved by the keeper. After several more missed opportunities Alexia gets us on the board with a half-volley from the 18. We all run over to her to celebrate and Aitana jumps into her arms after she had delivered a perfect assist.

Aitana gets her own goal ten minutes later after Leike sends her an amazing through ball past Tenerife's high back line and Aitana slots the ball in the bottom left corner.

We go into the second half hungry for more goals. We are showing a high press from the whistle with Leila sprinting up the right wing, getting the clearance from Sandra. I run with her up the center and receive her cross at the D. I volley the ball straight towards the goal and watch it float in. I run over to Leila and kiss the badge in the process.

"PRINCESA!" Leila yells as she lifts me up and spins. She sets me down and the rest of the girls hug me as well, Alexia being the last to hug me individually.

"You make me proud every time you step on this pitch," she whispers to me. I'm technically older than her by a couple months, but she is definitely the mum of the group and has more experience at Barca. La Reina y la Princesa de Barcelona.

The match ends 4-0 after Aitana gets her second goal with an assist from Alexia. Now, one of my favorite parts of game days, we are going around to meet fans. I always try to walk around for as long as I can before I have to go for either media duty or to get back to the locker room. Today it was media duty that cut my time short.

"Thank you for joining us Aurelia, what's your opinion on today's march?

"I think the team performed well and we did what we wanted to do: score goals and win."

"You had a very successful run today, and congratulations on the goal, what do you think the team needs to do in preparation for the upcoming match?"

"It is always good to take previous matches as learning opportunities so we are going to analyze and practice for the game."

"And have you heard the rumors of Jenni Hermoso returning to Barcelona, can you provide any insight to that?"

"No, sorry," I respond.

"One final question for you, you were seen frequently in a hospital towards the end of international break a couple weeks ago, is everything ok for your career or can we be expecting some news?" I fake a smile and try and formulate a response that isn't rude but gets my point across.

"Everything is fine, though my health is not of any concern to the media, thank you."

"Alright, thank you for taking the time to talk to us Aurelia."

"Your welcome."

I walk back to the stands and hug Matilde  who is, for some reason, at the game today.

"They brought up Mari didn't they?" She whispers.

"It's literally none of their business but it's all anyone asks about. It's always personal, never professional."

"I know, just ignore it Ari."

"I try! But that topic is.."

"I know, breathe with me, okay? In and out. Mariana is okay. Her cancer was removed and she is showing no signs of relapsing now."

"Right, completely fine, except for the coma."

"Exactly, listen, I know it must be hard with Toni moving away so call if you need anything okay?"

"Thank you, truly Matilde."

"Of course, I still hate you, but I don't want to see you suffer," she smiles.

"Oh yeah, I still hate you too." We both smile and I wave bye before heading back to the locker room.

"So you're with Matilde again?"

"Patri! What are you talking about?" I ask. I had no clue she was in the tunnel, much less watching me.

"Waiting for you like the good friend I am. Now answer the question."

"We are not together, now what about you? Any people in your life?"

"Loads, we've got both teams, my family, friends, want more?" She lists them off on her fingers and I push her shoulder.

"Clever. You're a clever girl aren't you?"

"Yep."

So, should the Ona Batlle story be intertwined with You Can't Outrun the Truth and this book or on its own? Also, who knows how to set up March Madness Brackets? It's so confusing

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

30.7K 1K 59
Anastasia hasn't had the easiest life. A talented footballer who loves deeply and fiercely. Ana and Alexia have been together since 2011, what happen...
8.7K 174 15
when a unknown, talented footballer moves to england, what will happen to her career? where will she go? who will she meet? running away from her pa...
198K 3.3K 24
Emily, a twenty-one-year-old England international leaves Chelsea and moves to the Champions of Europe, FC Barcelona. Emily spent five years at Chels...
206K 4.8K 44
Just some one-shots of my fav female footballers FYI: some events may be different then real life just to fit the narrative better (i.e. timeline, i...