Shadow Monarch (That Time I G...

By BetaWriter141

You are the Shadow Monarch who will be residing in the world of a certain slime. A/N: Non of the pictures an... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 15

6.8K 228 99
By BetaWriter141

-3rd POV-

The atmosphere was silent, nobody spoke a word as Akari guide Rimuru and Y/N towards somewhere despite Rigurd's effort to stop them. Their small trip was interrupted by a small explosion that appear.

Rimuru: What's that?

Y/N: Let's go check that out first.

They made their way toward small alley were Benimaru was confronting Grucius, Mjurran was tending a lightly wounded Youm.

Benimaru: Move....

Grucius: Not when you are loosing your cool like that.....

Benimaru: You think I'm losing my cool?! If I have lost my cool, I would've have killed all three of you!!

It was clear that Benimaru was enraged. Grucius shouted Mjurran to run and he goes in for the attack.

Benimaru: I said stay the fuck DOWN!!

Benimaru sends a shockwave that send Grucius flying. He then grabs his throat harshly.

Rimuru: Stop Benimaru!

Benimaru quickly turns around in surprise. He threw Grucius away and bows down to Rimuru.

Rimuru: What's going on here.

Benimaru: Rimuru-sama, this barrier that was set up by this woman prevents us from using magic and weakens us. Because of that so many of our-

Rigurd: Benimaru!

Realize what he almost did, he shuts his mouth but Y/N was not an oblivious person, he quickly understand what is going on.

Y/N stares at her, it was clear that in his eyes there was bloodlust.

Y/N: This woman......

Youm who was finally awake, slowly gets up and bows infront of Rimuru.

Youm: Rimuru-sama, I'm not trying to betray you, it's just that I'm trying to protect Mjurran over here.

Rimuru: Mjurran?

Rimuru eyes fall on a girl with green hair and blue eyes.

Mjurran: You should have abandoned me....

Youm: Don't say something like that.....

Grucius turns back into his human form and kneel as well.

Grucius: Rimuru-sama, I'm not in any position to say this but, please hear her out.

Mjurran: That's enough both of you, I don't deserve your protection, not after that tragedy.

Rimuru: Tragedy?

The atmosphere fall silent again, Mjurran simply just walk toward somewhere while the others followed her. They all soon arrive at place where bodies of all monsters resident that live in Tempest lay lifelessly.

Rimuru simply stood in silent, he wasn't able to process the dead residents of his nation. Y/N expected this but he still couldn't keep his composure when he saw the corpses.

Goblin Councilor: The humans were cruel... They did not left a single one out of their sight..... We let them in as your rules but-

Rigurd: Shut up...

The councilor shuts up upon realization.

Mjurran: Non of this wouldn't have happen, if I hadn't set up the barrier.

Rimuru: This woman.....

Great Sage: Answer, there are 3 barriers, the barrier that individual Mjurran set up was a Anti-magic barrier and it has no effect in weakening monsters.

Rimuru kept his composure when his Great Sage spoke up. Y/N on the other hand, isn't taking this shit.

Y/N: So this is on you huh........

He was looking directly at her, Youm and Grucius quickly understood his intentions.

Youm: Wait Y/N-

Y/N: Akari.

Upon command, the woman in black quickly restrain the two guys who tried to protect Mjurran. Y/N slowly walks up to her despite Youm's plead.

Rimuru: Y/N it's not her faul-

Y/N: Don't give me that shit Rimuru.... We both know that if it wasn't for the Anti-magic barrier, either of us could have come here and prevent this, plus we taught every resident here how to use the Teleportation Magic incase of emergency......... It's all her fault......

Rimuru: She was just trying to protect Youm.

Y/N: In exchange for all the residents who died.....

The two stare down at each other. While all the bystander watch with nervous expressions.

Rimuru: Please Y/N, let's think this through......

Y/N: ..........Fine, but if I find out there is more reason for me to kill her,...... I'll do it.

He proceeds to walk of into the corpses shortly followed by his two sentinels.

Rimuru simply watches Y/N walk away, he then turns toward Youm who was already by Mjurran's side.

Rimuru: Youm. Y/N have only 3 people he cherish here, if one of the three did not make it, I have no right to stop him from killing her.

Youm was gulped at this and nods solemnly.
_____________

With an unreadable expression, Y/N slowly walk through the corpse of the residents.

He could recognize some of the goblins and orcs. Simply feeling nothing but guilt, he stopped as he remembered something.

Y/N: Regina and Mei, where are they....

Akari: Please follow me my lord.

Akari led Y/N toward one of the building that are intact. Inside of the room, there were his two close friends bedridden.

Clenching his fist he took at closer look at them, they both were mortally wounded, the bandages could barely stop the bleeding.

Akari: Forgive me Y/N-sama, I wasn't able to-

Y/N raise his hand and dark purple aura surrounded the two. Tatsumi and Akari were taken aback first but after the shadow disappeared, Regina and Mei were fully healed.

Mei was the first to open her eyes once he made eye contact with Y/N, tears started to pour out.

Mei: Y/N-sama, Y-You are alive.....

Y/N: Mei.....

Mei: I-I thought you were......

Y/N: My death was..... greatly exaggerated.....

Mei couldn't help but chuckle at his attempt to lighten the mood.

Mei: You are still making jokes on serious times again.....

Mei's eyes slowly strays toward the two sentinels behind Y/N.

Mei: Humans.

Without wasting anytime, she summons her katana and tries to cut the two apart. Y/N caught her blade and brings her into a hug, restraining her as well.

Y/N: They serve me Mei! Calm down....

Mei: But human! They are-

Y/N: Mei, it's fine, no human can hurt you, I promise.

She slowly brings her katana down but she was still trembling in Y/N's arm.

Y/N: She was traumatized...... What did they did to her.......

Y/N unknowingly release his bloodlust which was noticed by the Sentunels

Akari: Y-Y/N-sama..... Y-Your aura.....

Upon realization, he quickly suppressed his aura and place Mei back on her bed.

Y/N: Mei, I don't want to bring up bad memories nor keeping you from resting but I really want to know what happen here?......

Mei glance at her master and looks down in shame.

Mei: Humans...... They came out of nowhere and started causing ruckus...... The Falmuth Kingdom, they are the one who are responsible for this....... I-I couldn't protect Shiraori-sama..... Forgive me.....

Mei was expecting Y/N to lash out or even kill her for not being able to do her duty but the only thing she get was a pat on her head.

Mei: I-I don't understand..... why.... I failed to protect Shiraori-sama.

Y/N: Do you think she would die just because she was killed?

A face of confusion was plastered on her face.

Y/N: Shiraori can't be killed, even with me evolving, I doubt that I could end her life.

Mei: Are you saying that she could be alive?

Y/N: She is VERY much alive.... She is probably making her way back here but still, I didn't expect for both of you to be defeated.

Mei puts her head down in shame, meanwhile Y/N frantically tries clear the misunderstanding.

Y/N: Nonono! I didn't mean it that way.

Mei: I understand Y/N-sama, you are too kind but I am ashamed of myself for not being able to to such an easy task.

Y/N: (-_-;)

Mei: We were first attacked by a group of otherworlders. 6 of them.

Y/N: They must be strong.

Mei: No, I could have handle them it's just that, there was this girl who had the ability to weaken any monster just by her mere presence.

Y/N: Sounds like cheat...

Mei: There was also a guy who Evolved into a True Hero in the middle of the battle.

Y/N: A True Hero?

Mei: Their existence is equivalent to that of a True Demon Lord, and that is where I met my match.....

Y/N: I see.....

Mei: If it wasn't for the girl's weakening magic I could have beaten him!

Mei clench her fist in rage while Y/N pondered in thoughts about the True Hero. A single person comes up to his mind. It was non other than Hinata.

Y/N: No..... She chose her side when she attacked this nation...... I'll end her myself....
____________

Y/N left Mei to rest, he decided not to disturb Regina's nap. Once he head back toward the dead residents. He found, Rimuru who was kneeling infront of a corpse by himself.

Once he got a closer look at the corpse, his eyes widen. It was Shion's.

The ground started to shake as if there was a huge earthquake coming. Rimuru raise his head only to find Y/N covered in dark purple aura.

Y/N: Was it worth it? Holding back and protecting the Majin who destroyed our home and friends......

Rimuru simply stayed silent.

Y/N: ....... I'm going to end Mjurran then, I'll destroy the Falmuth Kingdom.

Every words were spoke with rage in his voice.

Y/N walk away and Rimuru did not bother to stop him. Before he could get any further, Eren, Gido and Kaval approach him and Rimuru.

Eren: Y/N-san!

Y/N: What are you doing here?

Eren: We've heard about the news in Tempest so I thought-

Y/N: It's over........ Sorry but there is nothing you can do anymore.

Eren take a look behind him to see Rimuru preparing to devour the corpses.

Eren: Wait Rimuru-sama! Please I know it's not my place but, there is a small amount of chanc- no a way to bring them back!

Y/N: Bring back the dead?

Eren: Yes!

Rimuru started laughing at this moment. The trio were taken aback by this, but Rimuru apologize.

Rimuru: Sorry about that, if the percentage of bringing them back isn't zero, please tell me.

Eren smiles in relief. She then revealed herself as an elf which surprises both Y/N and Rimuru.

Eren then tells the story about certain girl, her father was a dragon and her mother was a human. Before her father's death, she was given a pet dragon. This pet was the only thing that stayed by her after her parents death. The humans who killed her father, found out about her.

As they tried to take the girl away, they killed the pet dragon who protected her.

The girl blinded by rage, destroyed the entire Kingdom that killed her pet. Her wrath was eventually stopped by a red demon and the Spirit Queen.

For destroying a Kingdom and killing countless humans, she received the title as a Demon Lord. As she live on she found a way to bring back the dead.

She tries to do so for her pet dragon but she only brought back an undead dragon instead. With a heavy heart she sealed away the calamity she brought to life.

And that was the story of the Destroyer.

Y/N and Rimuru who listened her story, pondered in their thoughts.

Y/N: But what good would it do if we are going to bring them back as the dead?

Rimuru: It's a common knowledge that once a living being died, their soul would disappear along with the magicules.

Eren: But we have something that the dragon didn't have when it died....

She then points upward and Rimuru look at the barriers in realization.

Rimuru: That's right! We still have the barriers to contain them!
___________

-Rimuru POV-

Y/N: So in short, you are going to become a Demon Lord to resurrect them?

Y/N is right, I have to become the Demon Lord to bring them back. After a few minutes of pondering in my thoughts I realize something.

Rimuru: Wait, there might be no need for me to be the Demon Lord!

Y/N: What do you mean?

Rimuru: Aren't you the king of undead?

Y/N: What does that have to do with-

Y/N himself realize what I'm trying to say here.

Y/N: Okay wait! Even if I'm better at bringing the dead back than you, doesn't mean I can bring them back alive.

Rimuru: That's true....

Before anyone could say anything, Igris appear out of Y/N's shadow.

Y/N: What is it Igris?

Igris: My lord, I overheard your problem. I'm here to tell you that you have more than one way to resurrect your fallen comrades.

Y/N: Wouldn't they just turn into my shadows?

Igris: The power you possess can't be taken lightly. Indeed you can bring back the dead and they would be soulless, but as the elf said, all the souls are still within the barrier. Using your Ruler's Authority.

Y/N: Wait, I can pull their souls back into their body? I thought it only work on magicules.

Igris: It might not have work in your world but in this world. Souls are associated with magicules, they born from them, in short you can control souls as long as they don't have a vessel.

Rimuru: That seem much more simple than my way of resurrecting them.

Igris: The other way to revive them is using the relic that was given to you by the Ruler.

He mentally facepalm as he forgot the relic he had in his inventory.

Y/N: I completely forgot that Bianca gave me that relic!

Y/N: Alright then I'll try to resurrect them, but only under one condition.

I raised my eyebrows at his statement and simply await his condition.

Rimuru: What is it?

Y/N: Rimuru you have to become a Demon Lord.

Rimuru: You want me to be a Demon Lord?! Then what's the point of you reviving them?!

Y/N: I'm sure that even if you could revive them as a Demon Lord the success rate of the resurrection magic wouldn't be 100%

Damnit, he is right I would be relying on luck to resurrect everyone....

Y/N: Rimuru, our nation is something that humanity won't accept easily, they think that they could push us around. We need to show them that we are the real deal, we need to show them what happens when they mess with us. We need someone as the symbol this nation's guardian.

Rimuru: Can't you be that symbol?

Y/N: Dude, you created this nation, I just got dragged into this. Who do you think the major population would look as the symbol of power?

Rimuru: Ummm.....

Y/N: The leader!

Rimuru: Ah! Right!

Y/N: If you appear as this friendly and harmless slime, the other kingdoms would continue to push us around. You need to change Rimuru, stop using the method of Japan to lead this nation.

He is right, I was a delusional. This world is not as same as mine, every problems can't be solve through peaceful means.... Not here......

With a new determination I decided to follow Y/N's advice.

Rimuru: Alright I'll become the Demon Lord, the symbol of this nation's power.

Y/N smiled at this.

Y/N: Great, then I'll do my best to bring back everyone.

Y/N brought up his hand and I smile before shaking his hand.

Y/N: I'm still going to kill Mjurran for this.....

Rimuru: Guh!
_____________

-3rd POV-

All the important members were gathered in the meeting room.

Rimuru: So in that way we are going to bring back everyone.

All the kijins turn toward Y/N with bewildered expression.

Benimaru: Can you really bring them back?

Y/N: I've never brought back something alive but I'll try.

Hakura: It seem that the necromancer that we have isn't an ordinary one.

Shuna: And Y/N-sama made a deal that if Rimuru-sama becomes a Demon Lord, he would bring back everyone?

Rimuru: Yes, fortunately the condition for me to become the Demon Lord isn't a hard task now....

He turns toward Soei for confirmation.

Soei: The number of the human alliance army is around fifty thousand. They were separated into two groups. Twenty thousand of them set up a camp around the outskirts of the forest, the other thirty thousand is march toward tempest as we speak.

Rimuru: I'll take care of the camp.

Y/N: I'll take care of the army.

Everyone was surprised by this statement.

Rigurd: Rimuru-sama, Y/N-sama are you two really going there all by yourself?!

Rimuru: Actually there is a reason for me to do this, it's a condition that I have to kill at least ten thousand humans to evolve. Meanwhile Y/N is.....

Y/N: What makes you think I'm alone?

Rigurd stop moving as a chill runs through his spine. He could see thousands of eyes staring at him from Y/N's shadow.

Rigurd: I-I see......

Rimuru: We'll first decided on who would take on the other worlders

Gobta who was waiting for this moment, quickly stands up.

Gobta: Rimuru-sama! Please allow me to join the battle! I can't forgive myself if I can't avenge Gobzo!

Rigurd: Calm down Gobta.

Gobta slowly calms down. After a few minutes if planning the decision was made

Rimuru: Benimaru and Mei will destroy the Barrier Crystal in the east, Hakuro, Geld, Gobta, Rigur will handle the west. Soei's team will take the north while Gabiru and Regina will handle the south. Night Sentinels along with the others will be protecting this town.

Y/N: Still there are 6 others worlders, we can't just let Geld and Hakuro handle them.....

They were all interrupted by someone who suddenly barge into the meeting room. This was non other than Shiraori.

Shiraori: Hey everyone! Did you miss me?!

Everyone were surprised by her sudden entrance.

Regina: S-Shiraori-sama!!

Mei: You are alive!!!

The two quickly runs toward Shiraori and hugs her.

Shiraori: Of course I am.

Shuna: B-But I saw you died right before my eyes!! I still have your body!

Y/N: You what?!

Shuna looks down in shame as Y/N looks at her in disbelief.

Shuna: I-I'm sorry Y/N-sama! I was afraid that if you saw her, you would lash out in rage.....

Y/N: That's....... Logical....

Shiraori: Hey everything is fine! I'm alive so that's what matter!

Y/N: Idiot, so what happened?

Shiraori: Uhhh... I had my guards down ya know? I underestimated them a bit.

Y/N looks at her with an expression saying "seriously".

Shiraori: Just a tiny bit....

He rolls his eyes and smiles

Y/N: I'm glad you are back Shiraori.

Shiraori: You too, thought you died on me for a while.

Y/N: It was..... Complicated......

Shiraori: I guess we both are bounded by misfortune. So...... What are you guys up to?

Rimuru: We are planning to strike the enemy.

Shiraori: The other worlders are mine.

Y/N raises his eyebrow as Shiraori sounded much more threatening then she should be.

Rimuru: We already place Hakuro and his team for that.

Shiraori: There are 3 specific other worlders I have to face no matter what. Hakuro can have the others.

Hakuro: As long as it's not that smiley brat.

Hakuro and Shiraori look at each other and nods.

Rimuru: Well then......, I guess Shiraori is joining Hakuro's team....... Alright everyone, commence the attack.
___________

As everyone dispersed Y/N and Rimuru decided what to do with Mjurran. They head up into her detained room where Grucius and Youm accompany her.

Rimuru: Are you really going to kill her?

Y/N: I am, we don't have any use for her right?

Rimuru: I have some plans in mind but I don't think you might agree.

Y/N: What plan?

Rimuru: The takeover of Falmuth?

Y/N: I was planning to completely erase that kingdom of the map but that works to, but I'm still going to kill her, she'll die and I'll bring her back.

Rimuru: Well, fair enough.

The two then opens the door to the detained room. Where an extremely nervous Youm and Grucius wait. Mjurran on the other hand seem awfully calm.

Y/N: Mjurran I'll have you dead.

Grucius was the one who move first but he was quickly restrained by Rimuru's web. Youm on the other hand was in shock.

Grucius: What the hell are you doing get her out of here!

Snapping out of his state he tries to take her away but she simply kiss him instead.

Mjurran: Never in my life I have felt something like this for someone...... I have never thought of something selfish until now..... Thank you, good bye.

She lets go of his hand and walks to Y/N.

Youm: No wait Mjurran!!!!

Youm tries to stop Y/N but was also restrain by Rimuru. Mjurran stood right in front of Y/N accepting her fate but he had other plans.

Y/N: So.... Do you really think that after you die everything would be solved?

Mjurran: I'm the one who is responsible for all this.

Y/N: True but there is a by factor to how all this started.....

As his eyes slowly falls toward Youm. Mjurran realize what he meant.

Mjurran: Y-You don't mean...

Y/N: What makes you think I'm going to stop with you, after I'm done with you, I'll go for Youm then Grucius.

Mjurran: No! They have nothing to do with this!

Y/N: They do, because of them you did this right? To safe a life of a single person you risk all of them right?

Mjurran: Please! Let them go I beg of you!

Rimuru turns at Y/N with "what the hell is this" expression while Y/N ignored him.

Y/N: Beg to me? Beg to all the innocent residents who died! Your mistake was thinking that this nation would go soft on their enemy, guess what? You are wrong.

Y/N summons the white flower lance and stabs Mjurran right in her heart, Youm look at the scene with despair.

Mjurran body was then swallowed by the black purple flame that came out of the lance.

She later reappears with her body intact. She slowly open her eyes.

Mjurran: I'm alive?

Y/N: Yup.

Mjurran: But...... I thought you kill me.

Y/N: I did and I had my revenge and brought you back.

Mjurran: B-But why?

Y/N: Well, nobody wants a sad ending do they?

Youm and Grucius had a confused expression as they were released.

Rimuru: This might take awhile....

Rimuru then explain how Clayman actually has a wire tap artificial heart which he could hear what they are all saying and had to make it convincing. The two were relief to hear that Y/N wasn't actually going to kill Mjurran permanently.

Mjurran: Y/N-sama Thank you..... and I'm sorry for all that I've done.

Y/N: I haven't forgiven you yet, and remember I'm not a good guy, I wasn't kidding when I said I would kill Youm.

Mjurran simply stayed silent in guilt.

Y/N: You hurt someone close to me I'll do the same remember that, let's go.

Y/N and Rimuru left the room leaving the three behind.
_____________

Rimuru: Do you really have to do that?

Y/N: Showing despair right before her death? Yes, she thought that we are merciful enough to let her die just like that after what she did.

Rimuru: It wasn't necessary you know?

Y/N: Maybe not, but she need to know I'm not the merciful type and I can hurt her as much as Clayman do.

Rimuru: *sigh* Your ways are quite extreme, so what happen to her?

Y/N: I destroyed that makeshift crystal heart and I rebuild an organic one for her.

Rimuru: You can do that?

Y/N: Not me, it's the lance, a gift from an old friend.

Rimuru: And where would that friend be?

Y/N: Don't know but I hope she is doing okay.
__________

(Divine Realm)

All the Rulers were gathered around the large hall while Bianca was in the middle restrained. The old man who was also a Ruler seem to be giving her judgment.

Azurious: Bianca, not only you have failed to destroy the Shadow Monarch but you even assisted on his awakening. For this act of treason you shall be executed at the next starfall.

As he finished his Judgement, Alicia quickly stood up from her seat in desprate.

Alicia: But Azurious-sama! We could still reason with the Shadow Monarch!

The male Ruler who sit on the opposite side slam his hand on his seat.

Saidous: Did he not attack you and tried to kill you?! You are saying you would still try to talk to him?!

Alicia: We started the attack first, her threatened him! If we tried to talk to-

Azurious: The soul of the human is corrupted by vengeance and rage once a Monarch fully awaken, if he sees you, you might as well as be dead.

Alicia: But-

Azurious: Enough, don't bring your childish fantasy on this court.

Lucia: Azurious-sama can we not really gave her second chance?

Siegfried: I kind of agree, she is the strongest of all of us right now, if we kill her, what hope do we have against the Shadow Monarch.....

Bianca: I'm not going to harm him, nor he is going to harm you all.

Everyone grew silent as she speaks.

Bianca: Azurious, you are wrong about Y/N, Jin Woo was alone when he walk down the path of the Shadow Monarch, Su hee was bounded by destiny. Y/N, he has his friends and he isn't the guy who believes in destiny.

Azurious: And you think just with that he would overcome the Monarch's will?

Bianca: Believe me when I say he already have.
______________________________________

A/N: Go me na sai. Real life is a bitch. Studying, socializing. Everything! I hate life! Anyway!

I'll try my best to update the next chapter faster and longer.

Oh thanks for all the reads!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 855 18
In this story the main character is reincarnated to his favorite anime "The time I reincarnated as a slime" Characters and story aren't mine and belo...
72K 2.3K 28
A Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken / That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime fanfiction. Rimuru Tempest, once known as Satoru Mikami, is faced with a d...
149K 5.5K 64
Follow an unlucky fellow as F/N discovers a new world and things he never knew. Rediscover things he would rather have forgotten and left back on Ear...
673 22 3
This is the story of how a reincarnated legend from Japan appeared in a new world, meets a cute little slime and got named into a force stronger than...