Love will always find it's way

Por hadeyzatou_

She thought for a while it was love, then later discovered it was all but illusions. Amrah a young damsel wh... Más

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter 7

Chapter Six

10 3 0
Por hadeyzatou_

Mubarak's POV

I groaned to the sound of my alarm that wouldn't stop annoying my ear canals. I threw my hand to where the sound was coming from and pressed on the power button to my phone, which I definitely know could shut the alarm off. I turned my head to an opposite direction before I pulled up my blanket to a more comfortable position.

Oh! Which weather could be as beautiful as this, if not harmattan? It's just the best People!!

I mean nothing could beat being on bed with the fuzziest blanket, not worrying about anything but, just cozying and feeling the warmness steaming up your system,.......of course, except if you have an annoying alarm.

I almost smash my phone to the walls when it alarmed for the second time, I realised that I only snoozed but not off it. I got completely irritated by the sound it was making. How could anything be stealing the peace of my slumber on a Saturday morning ???? I thought I deserve this freedom, after the craziest week I've ever experienced in my life🥺

Work has never been easy, ever since we've started. Though it's growing fast, and I have to admit that the guests we had during that grand opening party helped a lot... all thanks to sadiq's dad. We got partnered up with some business people, from both genders and AlhamdulilLah we're growing gradually....in just a month. I seriously cannot explain the magic myself. Last week we had some stuffs shipped in and it was the busiest one we've had so far. Though it's the most exhausting thing I've ever done in my life, but working actually makes me happy. To know that am doing something for myself and independently, that feeling surely is different.

I haven't finished thinking back on how bumpy this business ride is getting when it hit me....

I said something about today being a Saturday....? Oh shiietttttt!!!!!!

I jerked fully awake and yanked the blanket aside, making it fly before it hit the ground. I quickly dashed into the bathroom, took some shower and brushed my teeth before I walked out to groom myself.

I clearly meant getting dressed up but, the word 'groom' made weird sounds in my tummy.....am soon going to be a groom🤩🥳

For those not catching up, let's do some recap. Its been a month since I proposed to Amrah, and that day has forever been the best one in my entire life. It has been a mind blowing to me, us and, to our families.

After about one week of avoiding Mami or talking long with her, I finally approached her to talk baba into everything. I don't have to bring it out open on how it went, but just know that it wasn't smooth....for me.

But if you insist then....Mami teased the hell out of me and couldn't stop blabbing on finally having some grand kids and Husna couldn't hid the fact that she's finally going to have an endless freedom with me not being around anymore.🙄 I seriously thought I should be the one spelling that words out for her, but she beat me to it.... obviously, she had mami by her side so it explains how I couldn't say back anything.

Baba was happy with the news, as mami informed, and he suggested that we let Baba Habib(Uthman's dad) come in town before they proceed to meet with Amrah's family. Lucky for me, Baba habib and his family, just like uthman told mami, landed three days back🤩. Hence, the plan on going for official introductions this Saturday.... Today, was made.

Am not going to lie, I love how my uncles get serious with things😋

Time flew pass that day, at least that's how It seemed. Baba Habib came earlier along with two other friends of Baba, Alhaji Majeed and Alhaji Mahmoud together with my late Dad's Best friend, Alh. Yaseer. Of course, baba invited sadiq's dad too. They all sat at Baba's parlor and conversed a while before they requested that they meet me personally, to check some things with me.

As usual, I was enquired about the stability of my mental and spiritual being, making sure am ready for it(marriage). It went well.... I guess, since they all agreed to push through with everything.

Amrah's family had been informed of our arrival beforehand... I personally conveyed to her abeey to which he agreed of and gave us today to meet up for the family introductions.

It was around 11:00am when my family arrived at their compound, to which we announced our presence and were warmly welcomed inside by her dad and some grown ups men.

Sadiq and I decided to stay behind, outside the compound and let the old folks do their thing.

Few minutes later, we were called in and I was asked yet again, mostly of my sincerity and was made to promise on being as responsible as I should be. I remembered sadiq going through the same during his own introductions at Aisha's house.

So I did too...

And that was it, Amrah and I were engaged over some amount of money and usual traditional souvenirs(goro da alawa), and marriage was fixed at a time we both agreed on. Which was immediately after amrah is done with her studies.... exactly a year from now

Yes! Amrah is studying microbiology at Bayero University Kano. And she's in her third year and the second semester. She just finished her SIWES last week and we discussed about how I want this marriage thing to happen immediately when she's done. Maybe she talked her family into it, or maybe they also figured the same thing to be fit and decided to fix the wedding date as such. Whichever happened, it tallied with our plans.

Not that am not desperately in need of amrah close to me, and believe me amrah hates long relationships as much as I do, but we thought this through number of times and we planned it to our convenience.

I wouldn't want amrah to be struggling between studying and fulfilling her duties as a wife. I want her to focus on one thing at a time, at least to have some free time before she gets choked up with stress, a very good idea that amrah did not protest on.

Even if she decides to push through with her studies, which I would very much be okay with, I thought before then she probably must have gotten used to being a wife.... Or even a mother😌😍

Oh Ya Allah!!! It's gonna be lit in sha Allah

So We wrapped things up at amrah's and my family went ahead whilst I and Sadiq stayed behind. I called amrah hoping she could meet me outside. I've been dying to see her face besides, I don't want to miss the expression her face might be holding then.

I was leaning against a wall as I dialled her number away. She picked at the second ring and her angelic voice came through with a salam

"Assalmaalkm" the very cute voice that's making me go gaga

"Waalkmsslm amaryar December" am sure she's blushing. That's what happens when amrah giggles, and she did giggle😅

"Naam"

"That's it? You're not going to say 'naam angon December?' " I teased trying to fake some disappointments in my voice

She chuckled "Now Don't be a baby, you're getting married come on, you're too old for this"

"Noooo am not princess, just wait till the day I show you how babyish I could get"

She gasped, I could feel it,😁 then she sighed in an embarrassed state "uhmm you're not having this conversation with me"

I laughed and before I respond I heard some background voices to which I presumed belonged to the owners of the parked vehicles, just outside the compound. So I held back my words and asked that I see her in person.

"Am sorry I don't think I can squeeze myself out of this crowd" she replied with nervousness filled in her voice

"But why?" I almost cried

"Because you have to wait till you guys are married" I know that voice, it was sadiq's wife

OMG!  Was I on speaker all the while?

Before I speak out my mind, I was relieved of the horror I thought came true, because sadiq's wife informed that she snatched the phone and picked on the conversation we were having

Thank God!

"Oh matan aure and poke nosing" I said out. I cannot believe sadiq has already spread his disease to his wife. I said it not once nor twice, sadiq could make a hell of a king out of 'poke nosing'. Meddling in my affairs just when am not asking is a thing he's very good at, and now his wife too..??🤦🏽‍♀️ Ya Allah! Am definitely not ready for this dou🥲. But It's bound to happen anyway🤷🏽‍♀️. I mean she's his wife, so what was I expecting?

Ha! What a bad disease

"Could you please hand over the phone back to my wife and look for yours? I cannot believe how you're getting so much interested in us and ignoring your husband's calls" I tried not sounding unamused as much as I could

She panicked "SubhanalLah! Has he been looking for me?" Seeing that she ignored the part that I blurted 'my wife' out and rather focused on the last part of the conversation, made me happy and that mission accomplished. She got the message well and so I decided to go ahead and freak her more

"Of course he has...in fact," I tried adding "I think he's completely annoyed right now" Now this part wasn't completely a lie, coz when I looked up, sadiq was leaning against my car with frowned face and formed creases against his forehead as he unfailingly and repeatedly keep dialling his wife's number. "Oh poor sadiq, he must have called a hundred times now, trust me his patience is wearing thin. Maybe it's high time he consider taking a second wife, since his dear wife is busy forming 'amegbo who sent you'....."

"Oh God" she cut me off before I could finish the sentence and I heard some thud sounds indicating that she threw the phone and blasted out. That went smooth as planned, I smiled.

Amrah had been laughing all the time before she picked the phone "That was hilarious, you have to see her face" she laughed more "what exactly did you say to her that scared the hell out of her?"

"Nothing much, just reminding her of the wifey filial duties she is ignoring" I raised my shoulders in accordance "Now you were saying?" I tried to bring back our conversation

Her laughter died down as she sighed remembering the topic on table

"Yes I uhm...look the aunties... well..." she was struggling to form a sentence that could convince me. I know she's well aware of how much I missed her and didn't want to hurt my feelings. Ever since work gets busier, I barely had time to visit, and most of the phone calls we used to have reduced down to night ones and it doesn't take long before I doze off. I feel guilty and always apologize but she always tells me that it'd be okay, that one day we will have all the time we needed. Such a very understanding and patient being she always is. And which is why I need to do all that I could, to settle everything down before we get married, she deserves that full commitment.

"It's okay if you cannot make it out" I knew it might be awkward for her, she probably was finding it difficult to sneak her way out just to see me. It might be like shoving down a hot dumpling down her throat and I don't want to push her into doing something that she's not comfortable doing . So I did what a good boyfriend would have done and thought we could meet tomorrow.

"Okay, see you tomorrow then?" I asked

"Sure" she sounded apologetic. So I only tried to convince her, that it was okay before I ended the call. Tomorrow is yet another day, I said to myself as I placed back the phone into my pocket.

It stings to be brave sometimes.

I snapped my head towards a grinning sadiq on phone, he finally reached his wife and couldn't stop portraying to the whole world how happy he seemed to be with the person at the other line. I simply could not understand the crazy cravings the couple have for one another. I mean they slept in the same house yesterday and he was the one that brought her to amrah's earlier before he went to meet me up, but the only 40mins they spent apart, was making him look like a lost puppy that needs help. I guess being in love makes us all crazy.

As though he were reading my mind, soon as he cut the call, he narrowed his eyes at me and waggled his eyebrows. Sadiq sometimes talk with his eyes, that I learnt to read them, and right now he's saying 'You can never Understand man!'. I was about to say something when I heard some footsteps approaching us. I looked to the direction where I heard the steps coming and....

dees_💞✌🏾

DandelionsMaybe, it's the way you say my name
Maybe, it's the way you play your game
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetimeAnd I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'll be mine, mine

And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile

Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine
Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time

Manage y'all 🥸 peace out😁🥱 and enjoy👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽👩🏽‍🦽

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

62K 8.3K 26
we all know that sometimes a lie could get you in trouble sometimes but for faiza it got her in love....A Nigerian based novel Completed✅
58.2K 7.4K 59
2019-2020 Complete Undergoing editions Am I queen I thought "Yes" I noded my head without even acknowledging wah that meant. I was just overwhelme...
288K 49.9K 87
*Could you ever love a broken person?* "I understand that you're broken," he said as he lifted her chin so she stared directly into his eyes. "But I...
18K 2.3K 24
A girl in her early twenties find her self in a battle between getting married off to any one or choosing the right spouse. will she be determined to...