He who defy Gods (Arifureta X...

By Sora_Flashing12

Sora Yatagami was a completely average human, and possessed a strong-willed, kind-hearted, humble and generou... More

Prologue Pt 1 Summoning
Prologue Pt3 Pits of Hell
Chapter 1 The Vampire Queen
Chapter 2 Azure Plant
Chapter 3 The Final Guardian
Chapter 4 Spirit Awakening
Chapter 5 The Haulia's
Chapter 6 Vergeben
Chapter 7 Haulia's Training
Chapter 8 Pit Stop
Chapter 9 Raisen Great Labyrinth
Chapter 10 Miledi Reisen
Chapter 11 Request
Chapter 12 Reunion
Chapter 13 Dragon Slayer
Chapter 14 The Goddess's Sword
Chapter 15 The Enemy
Chapter 16 Myu
Chapter 17 A Looming Shadow
Chapter 18 Overwhelming Force
Chapter 19 The Best at being the Worst
Season 1 Finale Chapter 20 Departure
Sora's Girls
(Season 2) Prologue: To You, My Precious Person
(Season 2) He who defy Gods Op
(Season 2) Chapter 1 The Dukedom of Ankaji
(Season 2) Chapter 2 The Bottom of the Oasis
(Season 2) Chapter 3 The Grand Gruen Volcano
(Season 2) Chapter 4 Black and White
(Season 2) Chapter 5 Erisen
(Season 2) Chapter 6 Sunken Ruin of Melusine
(Season 2) Chapter 7 A Miraculous Meeting
(Season 2) Chapter 8 The Phantasmagorical Adventure
(Season 2) Chapter 9 A New Vow
(Season 2) Chapter 10 A Disturbing Darkness
(Season 2) Chapter 11 Invasion of The Capital
(Season 2) Chapter 12 God's Apostle
(Season 2) Chapter 13 Betrayal
(Season 2) Chapter 14 A Fierce Battle
(Season 2) Chapter 15 Trust in Me
(Season 2) Chapter 16 Aftermath
(Season 2) Chapter 17 The Events of a Single Day Pt 1
(Season 2 Finale) Chapter 18 The Events of a Single Day Pt 2
He who defy Gods Sora Bio
(Season 3) Prologue: Dreamland to Tomorrow

Prologue Pt2 Another World

9.1K 187 140
By Sora_Flashing12

No one's POV

After the summoning, the pope named Ishtar led the still confused group of students into another room that was furnished with numerous chairs and long tables, saying it would be easier to speak calmly there.

The new room he'd guided the students to was just as lavishly built as the first. The exemplary craftsmanship of the furniture and the tapestries hanging on the walls was evident even to the students' untrained eyes. The layout of the room implied that it was some manner of banquet hall.

Ishtar: Please, be seated. Please enjoy the drink we've provided. It might help ease the confusion I'm sure you are all felling. I will explain everything, so please lend me your ears until the very end. This is a world parallel to yours. "Tortus". It is our one and only God whom we worship, Ehit, who summoned you to this world. Compared to ours, your world is far more superior.

Ryutarou: Damn, Reality shows these days are trying too hard...

Shizuku: Yeah...

Sora and Hajime who were listening to the other student, about this is just a prank and all. The two of them on the other hand had different thought.

Hajime: I don't think this is a reality show at all...

Sora: You think?

Ishtar: You have powers that far surpass the humans of this world. Well, that's according to our oracle whom Lord Ehit conveyed his message to. Since long ago, we have been at war with the Demons who rule the Southern part of this world. But lately, strange things have started happening, and now the humans face dangers that may lead to our ruin. To save us from such a horrible fate, Lord Ehit brought you to this world!

From the way of his surroundings, Sora could instantly tell that this is not a prank. Him and his class were transported to another world. Suddenly, Aiko slammed her hands on the table, furiously.

Aiko: What are you saying?! That's a horrible joke! This is the worst joke I've ever seen! Have you got permission to do this?! If not, I'll sue you for kidnapping us! Return us to the school at once!

Ishtar: Hmm, this is problematic...How about you join me outside and we shall take a breather.

Everyone then decided to follow Ishtar outside. And as they were walking, Kouki spoke up.

Kouki: Ishtar, can I ask you something?

Ishtar: Yes, of course.

Kouki: You said the humans are at war with the Demons...Are there any other races besides the two of them living in this world?

Ishtar: Ohoho. Unlike the rest, do you believe my words?

Kouki: To be honest, I don't. Mostly yet, after assessing the situation. I think I have no choice but to believe you.

Ishtar: Well, then, let me tell you about our world while we walk to the gates.

In short, this was what he said— First, that this world was called Tortus. Within Tortus lived three different races: humans, demons, and demi-humans. Humans resided in the northern half of the continent, demons on the southern half, and demi-humans far to the east within a massive forest.

Humans and demons had a strained relationship, having been at war for hundreds of years. Though demons lacked the sheer numbers humans possessed, their individual strength far surpassed that of most humans, balancing out the difference nicely. Both sides were currently locked in a stalemate, and a major battle hadn't broken out in decades. However, there had been disturbing movements among the demons as of late. Namely the fact that they had managed to tame monsters.

Monsters were supposedly wild animals that had undergone a magical metamorphosis after having mana poured into them. Though it seemed that humans had yet to fully understand the biology of monsters, so they weren't quite sure. They were apparently very powerful and even capable of using magic, which made them an extremely dangerous threat.

Up until that point, very few people had been able to tame such ferocious beasts. And even those who could were unable to handle more than one or two at a time. However, the situation had changed. Which meant that the only advantage the humans had over the demons, numbers, had been eliminated. As such, humans faced an unprecedented crisis that threatened the existence of their very race.

Ishtar: Here we are, the gates. If you still question which world you are in at this moment, you can confirm it with your own eyes.

As the gates opened, everyone saw that they were in a mountain area, completely shocking them.

Sora: You've gotta be shitting me...?

Aiko: We're in the mountains?

Aiko quickly fell to the ground. She was lost for words. So shocked that a drop of tear appeared through her eyes.

Aiko: D-Don't tell me... This whole thing is real...?

Ishtar: Do you believe me now?

Sora(mind): The issue here is not about believing your words. When you yourself is already so suspicious. Your showing too much reserve for this so called Ehit God.

Hajime: U-Um, it'd like to ask a question....If you could summon us to this world, surely you can return us back to our world, right?

Ishtar: I understand your feelings, however... I am unable to return you to your world at present.

Sora(mind): That's one shitty God to worship. And if these people worship a God that shitty so much...

Silence filled the room. The oppressive atmosphere was felt by everyone present. They all stared at Ishtar blankly, unable to properly process what he had just said.

Aiko: Wh-What do you mean... you're unable!? If you called us here, you should be able to send us back, shouldn't you!?

Ishtar: As I stated earlier, it is Lord Ehit who summoned you here. The only reason we were in that room at all was to greet you heroes, and to offer up our prayers to Lord Ehit. We humans do not possess the power to interfere with other worlds, so whether or not you can return to your world or not is entirely up to Lord Ehit to decide.

Sora(mind): There's something wrong... With them, and with this world.

Aiko: N-No way...

Aiko slumped towards the ground, all the strength drained out of her. The other students all started yelling as the truth of Ishtar's words sank in.

Yuka: You've gotta be kidding me? What do you mean we can't go back!?

Eri: You can't do this! Please, just send us back somehow!

Shimizu: A war!? You can't be serious! Take us the fuck back right now!

Endou: This can't be happening, this can't be happening, this can't be happening...

The entire class fell into a panic. And Aiko quickly glared at Ishtar.

Aiko: NOOOOOO!!!!!! You can't send these kids to war! I Aiko Hatayama won't let you! Even if it is the very will of God! It's your world's war! You take care of it yourself!

Ishtar: Why are you so against it? Being chosen by Lord Ehit is a very great honor.

Aiko: We don't need any of those "honors"! Just return us home!

Kouki spoke up amidst the hysterical group of students and slammed his feat down onto the ground with a bang. That managed to get the attention of most of the kids. Once he had confirmed that everyone's eyes were on him, Kouki began speaking.

Kouki: Aiko Sensei, I...We are thinking of fighting for this world. We want to save them from destruction. After all, these must be a meaning for why we were summoned to this world. It's also possible we'll be allowed to go back once we've saved them... Well, Pope Ishtar? Do you think that's possible?

Ishtar: It is as you say. Lord Ehit is not so unkind that he would ignore a request from his chosen heroes.

Kouki: And we've all gained some amazing powers, right? Ever since I arrived here, it's felt like I've somehow grown way stronger.

Ishtar: Yes, that is correct. It would be safe to assume that each of you have the equivalent strength of anywhere from a few to few dozen regular men.

Kouki: Alright, then we should be fine. I'm going to fight. If we save everyone, then we can go home. So just you watch! I'm going to save everyone, including us!

Kouki clenches his fists tightly as he proclaimed his noble intentions, flashing an almost sickeningly dazzling smile at the end. At the same time, his overwhelming charisma started taking effect. Students who were despairing mere moments ago began to regain their sense of composure. Other than Sora, they all looked at Kouki with wonder, as if they were staring at hope itself. Most of the female students had adoration mixed into their gaze as well. Sora on the other hand just sigh.

Sora(mind): There he goes again with these self righteous bullshit. We don't even know if this Ehit God is as humble as the pope say he is. And secondly, he's the God of this world, so why can't he just use his power to exterminate the demon with his God-like power?

Ryutarou: So that's how you feel? Well, I can let loose that way.

Shizuku: We can't go back anyway. I don't like this but whatever.

Kaori: If Shizuku will, then I will too.

The usual group of friends all chimed in their support for Kouki. Swept along by the flow, the rest of the students naturally all agreed to fight as well. Aiko-sensei was in tears as she ran between her students, imploring them to stop. However, she was ultimately powerless, completely unable to keep Kouki's charisma from infecting the rest of the class.

Kouki: Thank you, everyone. Let's join our strength and help the men of this world! And then we'll return to our own world together!

Everyone: Yeah!

Aiko: NOOOOO YOU SHOULDN'T!!!!!!!!!!

In the end, everyone agreed to help fight in the world's war. However, most students probably had no idea what war was really like, nor did they even want to fathom it. In a sense, they might have just been trying to escape from reality to preserve their own sanity.

Sora was considering all of those factors as he observed Ishtar out of the corner of his eye. Ishtar had a rather satisfied smile on his face, something which Sora took note of.

Sora(mind): Am I the only one who is thinking rationally here? That pope is just using your influence of your self righteous justice Amanogawa! Can you not see that?! This is war we're talking about!! War means killing!! And your a guy who hate seeing death!!

(Timeskip)

Training began bright and early the next morning. Everyone was handed a twelve centimeter by seven centimeter silver plate. As the students stared at those strange plates, the knight captain, Meld Loggins, began explaining their function.

Meld: Mighty Heroes, I thank you for your cooperation. I am the Commander of King Hairhi's knights, Meld Rogins. Let's cut to the chase. We have given each of you a Status Plate. As the name implies, it will record your status in numeric form. It's also used as an identification card, so don't you ever lose it! Spill a drop of blood on it, then it will register you as it's owner.

Hajime and the others found his friendly attitude pleasant. They would have found it awkward to have people far older than them showing them respect anyways. Regardless, they did what they were ask. They spilled a drop of their blood and Sora looked at his stats.

•Sora Yatagami: 17 Male Level: 1 Job: Synergist
•Strength: 15
•Vitality: 15
•Defense: 15
•Agility: 15
•Magic: 15
•Magic Defense: 15
•Skills: Transmute — Language Comprehension

Sora: A Synergist...?

Hajime: Wait, you got the same as me?

Sora looked over and saw Hajime's stats were the same as his. Except their combats. Hajime is 10 and he was 15.

Meld: On the Plates are written stats in numbers, class name and a list of your skills. Your class is similar to your talent. Skills are abilities that you have learned. Your understanding of our language despite coming from a different world is thanks to the "Language Comprehension" skill. And for your information, the people of Tortus usually start with 10 points on average. Although, you come from a better world and have zero complete experience, I'm sure your stats are severel times higher then that!

The average stats for someone at level 1 were around 10. And each and every one of Hajime's stats were a perfect 10. His mind raced furiously as cold sweat poured down his back. Sora once again just looked at his stats after confirming Meld's words.

Sora(mind): Well, I guess a Synergist is compatible, since I like crafting since I was little. But for my combat stats, is it because of I learnt martial arts from my grandfather?

As Meld asked everyone to share their stats, Kouki was the first to step up and show his stats to Captain Meld. His stats were as follows—

Kouki Amanogawa Age: 17 Male Level: 1 Job: Hero
Strength: 100
Vitality: 100
Defense: 100
Agility: 100
Magic: 100
Magic Defense: 100
Skills: Elemental affinity — Elemental Resistance — Physical Resistance — Advanced Sorcery — Swordsmanship — Superhuman Strength — Armor Proficiency — Foresight — Increased Mana Recovery — Detect Presence — Detect Magic — Limit Break — Language Comprehension
The guy was a living personification of cheat skills.

Kouki: Sir! Kouki Amanogawa, Class: Hero. My stats are all 100. My skills are many!

Meld: Whoa, you really are a hero. You already have stats in the triple digits at level 1! And most people normally only get two or three skills! You're way beyond normal. What a reliable hero!

Kouki: Well, you know how it is... Ahaha...

Kouki blushed and scratched his head as Captain Meld praised him.

Sora: -_- Why am I not surprised...?

Suddenly, Daisuke appeared behind him and Hajime, looking at their status and immediately started laughing.

Hiyama: What the fuck, this shitty! What are you two, an average creeps?! Hey Meld, is this Synergist or whatever a rare job?

Meld: Umm, well, you see... A Synergist is basically a blacksmith of sorts. It might come in handy if you plan on opening a smithy, but otherwise...

Captain Meld muttered out a poor explanation of Sora's and Hajime's class. Hajime was certain the boys in his class who all hated them would jump at this new chance to belittle them even more. A blacksmithing class was clearly not a combat-based job. The rest of their classmates all had combat-based jobs, and Hajime highly doubted his particular job would be of much use in battle.

Sora on the other hand, just started thinking all sorts of ideas at what kind of fighting style a Synergist could do. He doesn't give two shits about his classmate belittling him. Daisuke Hiyama grinned wickedly as he hollered out to Sora and Hajime.

Hiyama: Oh man, I bet there are even some babies out there stronger than the two of you!

Shin: Hyahahaha, you've gotta be kidding me! These guy's not even gonna last ten minutes! They'd die so fast that you couldn't even use them as a meat shield!

Unable to stand it any longer, Kaori opened her mouth to give them a piece of her mind. But before she could get out a single word, someone else began yelling at them. That someone was Aiko-sensei.

Aiko: Hey! Stop laughing at your fellow classmate! I won't allow anyone to laugh at their classmates on my watch! As a teacher, I absolutely will not condone it! Now return Yatagami's and Nagumo's plate this instant!

The boys were all taken aback by how much anger was visible in Aiko-sensei's small frame. They hurriedly returned Sora's Hajime's plate in order to avoid her wrath. Aiko-sensei turned to Hajime and gave him an encouraging pat on the shoulder.

Aiko: Yatagami, Nagumo, don't worry about your job! Look, I got a non-combat job too! And aside from my job, most of my stats are pretty average too! You're not alone!

Aiko-sensei then showed her pink colored plate to Sora and Hajime.

Aiko: Here look!

Hajime's eyes resembled a dead fish's once he finished reading Aiko's plate. Sora once again just sigh when reading this.

Sora(mind): -_- You say that, but your Magic is 100...

Aiko: Huh? What's wrong, Yatagami, Nagumo!?

Aiko asked as she shook Sora back and forth. It was true that her overall stats were low, and that she did not possess a combat class, but her exceptional magic stat and large number of skills meant that she would reach the level of other heroes with just a little training. And lest everyone forget, an army marches on its stomach. Aiko-sensei's job was nothing like Hajime's. The two of them were so commonplace that there were myriad others who were more proficient in it. In other words, even Aiko-sensei was plenty overpowered.

Hajime felt doubly betrayed for getting his hopes up even a little. Well at least, he still had Sora who is as average as him.

Shizku: Oh my, Ai-sensei, that was the final nail in the coffin...

Kaori: N-Nagumo, Yatagami! Are you two alright!?

Shizuku smiled sadly as she watched Hajime shut down, and Sora slumping on the ground, as he felts defeated in many sort of ways. While Kaori worriedly ran over to them. Aiko-sensei tilted her head in confusion. As always, she tried her best, but ended up being completely unhelpful.

The students smiled at her unchanging ditziness. Aiko-sensei had managed to achieve her initial goal of preventing Sora's and Hajime's bullying, but Hajime still smiled emptily as he thought of the difficulties that lay ahead, and the treatment he would definitely receive. Sora just slump on the ground after being so common even in another world.

Shizuku: Yatagami... Are you doing okay...?

Sora: *sigh* Whatever... I'm used to it.

(Timeskip)

Two weeks had passed since Sora was labeled one of the weakest and most useless member of the class. He was currently in the library using the break time he had between training sessions to investigate something. In his hands was a book labeled "Monsters of the Northern Continent, a Picture Book." As its name suggested, it was a picture book about monsters.

As for why he was reading such a book, that was because he had not grown at all after two weeks of training. In fact, the past two weeks had only served to highlight how pathetically weak he was. Hoping to cover his physical deficiencies with knowledge, Sora spent most of his free time in the library. Searching for any kind of combat experienced or any sort of technique that might support him.

Sora:...

After he was done, he walked around the castle, heading back towards his room after a long day of training and increasing his knowledge of this world. Only to find out that Kaori is there with Hajime. So he decided to just take a night walk.

Sora(mind): I wonder what Nanao is doing right now? She's all alone there. Dad is gone... Mom is in a coma... And now I'm in another world.

???: Yatagami? Is that you? What are you doing walking around the town at this hour?

Sora turned to his right and smiled when Shizuku approached him. She was wearing her night gown.

Sora: I could say the same to you. But, I was just at the library. Since we're gonna be living in this world, I thought we might need some useful knowledge of this world. And then I saw Shirasaki at our room talking with Hajime, so I didn't want to bother them.

Shizuku: She said she had something important to tell Nagumo.

Sora: No kidding, and I knew Shirasaki has a crush on Hajime. I don't know how he overlooked the treatment he received?

Shizuku: That's Nagumo for you. Hehe.

She let out a cute chuckle as she pictured her friend's embarrassed face. She thought Hajime and Kaori would make a cute pair. She was utterly oblivious to the warm gazes she was receiving from the person standing directly next to her.

Sora: The sky is beautiful, isn't it?

Shizuku turned to Sora before looking upwards and saw the view of the moon and the stars of this world. She can't help but admire the beauty of this world moon.

Shizuku: Yeah... It is.

Sora(mind): That's not what I meant...

Sora stared at the girl who is watching the night sky with him. He admired her beauty, personality, and everything about her. However, the reality can be cruel. He just returned his gaze and saw a shooting star.

Sora: Ah, shooting star...

Shizuku: Did you make a wish...?

Sora: I did...

Shizuku: What did you wish for...?

Sora: I wish... To see my sister again. That's why, I won't give up to this world. I will returned home, even though I'm weak.

Sora(mind): And something else, that I would like to keep it to myself.

Sora told Shizuku his earnest wish. His wish to see his family again. To be with his family again. And to reunite with the girl who he loved. His childhood friend. The one where they promised to get married when they grow up. And Shizuku just smile at him.

Shizuku: You're a lot stronger than you think, you know?

Sora: Eh...?

Shizuku:...You fight not for this world, but for the one you cherish. And to see your loved one. That's why, in my eyes, you may be one of the strongest person I know.

Sora: Yaegashi?

Shizuku: You know. You reminded me of someone. But sadly, I don't remember his name. But, I hope someday, I would meet him again.

Sora: I-I see.

Shizuku: And If you happen to be in danger, I'll be the first person to rush to your aid.

Sora looked at the girl surprised. He scratch his head in embarrassment, turning his way sideways trying to hide his blush.

Sora: Thanks...

Shizuku: So, you don't have to worry, Yatagmi.

Sora smiled and nodded. He couldn't stop himself from laughing at the strange circumstance he was in. The role of the man and woman was reversed. Shizuku was unmistakably playing the knight role, and Sora was in the part of the damsel in distress.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.8K 1.4K 30
An: Similar to the original but with a few twists. Izuku Yagi was a student of Union Academy. He was happy about his life within the school of his dr...
19.7K 555 11
Hinata, Kenma, Suna, Aone, Akaashi and Iwaizumi have several secrets hidden from everyone, including their partners. Together, they've decided to sha...
7.5K 121 10
Taro Yamada, an apathetic boy from birth, fell in love with an underclassman, Ayano Aishi, she brought warmth and color into his world. He'll do anyt...