Closer to heaven

By t_w221

Rain Specter sweet girl, Kai Parker mischievous boy, what happens when the two meet? How much can a person r... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter nineteen

397 7 0
By t_w221

Rain, Kai and Damon were all in the seating area of the Salvatore house, Rain was sitting on the couch, Kai was fixing them both up a drink while Damon just got a call from Stefan saying that Caroline had turned off her humanity.

"Yeah. Why tell your brother your mother is still alive?" Kai asked sarcastically knowing that Damon neglected to tell him that part. "But I get it. Mom's in a prison world and therefore an evil psychopath. Don't wanna ruin little bro's perfect mommy memory" Kai said as he handed Rain a glass and she rolled her eyes at what he said.

Damon just stood there not caring about Kai's words "Ill tell him soon as I know the truth"

"Truth" Kai scoffed and sat next to Rain and put an arm around her.

"which is why you're still here. Your sister sent me and Elena back to 1994. you can send me back to 1903." Damon said and Kai nodded smug.

"Technically, yes. I am able to do that, But ill need the ascendant for the 1903 prison world" Kai said with a grin, Rain got a whiff of deja-vu, it reminded her of the prison world when they were looking for their ascendant.

"As the newly elected president of the Gemini freaks, I assume you know where to get it, so get it" Damon demanded and Kai just looked at him.

"Its my pleasure" Kai said and Damon looked at him suspiciously.

"But..." Rain said knowingly.

"you want something, shocker" Damon said finishing Rain's thoughts off "all right." Damon said sitting on the couch opposite. Kai sat forward.

"Well, ever since you told me Bonnie was back, I cant stop thinking about her. what I did. How she is. It's annoying, really, because I only want those feelings for Rain" Kai sighed "Look. I need to see her. I need to apologize. Your going to make that happen" Kai said and Damon stared at him as if he's just asked the impossible.

Rain grabbed Kai's hand and lead him out of the room so they could talk in some kind of privacy while Damon comes up with a way to ask Bonnie to talk to Kai. Rain walks them into a bedroom that she had stayed in, in the prison world.

Rain put her arms around Kai's neck and Kai put his hands on Rain's hips, Rain put one of her hands to Kai's jaw and brushed with her thumb the stubble of hair growing on his face, "I like this" she said and he rose an eyebrow.

"Yeah?" he asked and she nodded.

"I think it suits you, and its every sexy" She said with a smirk and something gleamed in his eyes as they darkened. "I also think its very sexy what your doing for Bonnie, trying to make amends" Rain said looking into his eyes as they soften.

Kai kisses her lips softly and then pulls away "I love you, so damn much" he says as he snuggles his head into the crook of her neck as she giggles and runs her fingers through his hair.

"I love you, so damn much too" she said with a smile and pulled away but linked her hand with his "we better get down stairs" she said and a frown placed on Kai's lips.

"Kiss, first" Kai said like a child and she giggled and gave him a quick peck and he kept the frown from small kiss.

"Lets go Kai" Rain laughed as they walked down stairs to see Damon dialling a number on his phone then putting it to his ear.

"uh-oh. Caroline go off the rails? If so, I called it" Damon said while Rain and Kai stood there awkwardly as they couldn't hear the other side of the phone.

"Bonnie I thought I was clear: our relationship only exists within the confines of 1994." Damon jokes while smirking. Rain smiled, she loved seeing Damon and Bonnie getting along.

"You don't have to pretend, Bon I'm like a fever you cant shake. It worked on Rain look how long she's dealt with me" Damon laughed and Rain heard a muffled laugh coming from the other side of the phone.

"You okay?" he asked worried.

"you mean the one where my brother was an auto mechanic and my girlfriend forgot she love me oh and she forgot Rain? yup" Damon said sarcastically while Rain chuckled.

"So, teensy favour" Damon said sitting down on the couch, Rain shifted as she knew what he was going to say but she didn't know how Bonnie would react "I don't know if you know this, but when Kai merged with Luke, he went through a metamorphosis, he went from a sociopath caterpillar to a slightly less evil butterfly-" Damon said and Kai grinned at the metaphor but Damon was cut off by Bonnie before he could say anything else.

Damon stood up and pulled an 'What do I do now' look and tensed his fingers annoyed. "Yeah. Okay. Already forgot about it" and Damon turned around "Don't worry about it. I'll figure it out on my own. Happy raving." Damon said and hung up the phone.

"That was Bonnie right?" Rain said and Damon turned around and nodded his head.

"she doesn't want to do it" and Kai's face fell "Doesn't believe that there's a new you" Damon said and anger started to fuel in Kai.

"But there is a new me" Kai argued and Damon put his hands up like he didn't know what to tell him. "You, you explained it to her so she would understand, right? small words? easy to digest?" Kai asked as he walked towards Damon and Rain went to sit on the couch not wanting to be involved.

"Not going to happen. End of story" Damon said and then a flicker of the old Kai set in.

"Huh. shame Because Momma Salvatore's story is pretty fantastic" Kai said walking towards the fire and Rain furrowed her eyebrows.

"what are you talking about Kai?" she asked curious.

"I have a strong lead on the ascendant , I check the Gemini archives. Lily was captured on a dock in New York City in 1903. I wonder if she was on her way here for you. I mean, it makes sense She just landed from Europe, where..." Kai said stopping the story and Damon looked at him.

"where what?" he asked desperately but Kai just stared at him "Spit it out" Damon demanded."

Kai touched his through as if something was stuck in it "sorry" he whispered and forced out a cough then Damon realised.

"Your not going to tell me, are you?" he asked rhetorically knowing the answer already.

"Sorry, my throat just got really sore, I'm gonna go find the lozenge" Kai said walking forward and stopping in front of Damon "Maybe Bonnie will change her mind by the time I find one" Kai said and Damon looked at him annoyed while Kai had a smirk on his face as he put his hand out so Rain could grab it and she did and they walked away.

"Wait" Damon said stopping them, they turned around "Ill take you to her" Damon said as he got into his car and drove off to the rave where Bonnie and the others, were at.

They finally got there but Rain decided to wait in the car, she was never a fan of raves. They walked back out and Damon drove Kai and Rain back to the Salvatore house and then afterwards he was going to find Bonnie and beg for forgiveness.

Rain walked into her room with Kai following and she went up to Damon and gave him hug "I'm sorry" she whispered in his ear, he hugged back.

"Its okay, its not your fault" he whispered back then pulled out the hug and gave her a smile and left the room to find and try to apologize to Bonnie.

Rain turned around to see Kai holding his jacket that Rain had stolen. "Isn't this mine?" he asked and she flushed slightly.

"yeah but i like it so I wear it" Rain said and Kai smirked.

"Put it on then" he grinned mischievously.

"turn around" she told him and he rose an eyebrow.

"why? I'll see all of this one day anyway" he said pointing at her body and her eyes widen and she went bright pink.

Kai chuckled at the startled look on her face and gave her a peck on the lips "Calm down tonight isn't that night, I want it to be special, so ill turn around" Kai said turning and Rain smiled slightly and get undressed to the point she was wearing her underwear and bra with the jacket that hung to mid thigh.

"you can turn around now" she said and Kai did and his eye's darken.

"Wow, you really are small" he said and Rain laughed and hit his shoulder, Kai chuckled and they got into bed and Kai sat up slightly while Rain cuddled into him and fell asleep, except Kai couldn't sleep he walked down stairs to see an moody Damon.

"I'm not in the mood for the preamble just tell me why my mom's stuck in 1903" Damon said annoyed.

"Your not bringing your mom back" Kai said and Damon turned and looked at him.

"that's odd. Sounds like you just asked me to kill you" Damon said not joking.

"You requested a truncated version, so I respectfully jumped to the end." Damon stood up starting to get angry and placed his glass on the table.

"why aren't we bringing her back?" Damon demanded.

"because there are only two prison worlds in existence. Mine created in 1994 and the one created in 1903 for the sole purpose of locking up your mom and her closet full of crazy pants" Kai said and that is what ticked Damon off, he vamp sped towards him and slammed him against the wall keeping a grip on clothes.

"you said we'd get her back" Damon growled angry.

"I'm telling you, as a semi-sane person, you really don't want that" Kai tried to reason and Damon just looked more angry.

"And I'm telling you, as a vampire who eats people, you really don't want to piss me off." Damon said but Kai didn't look that scared.

"I'm trying to save your life" Kai said trying to be a good person.

"How do I get her back?" Damon shouted.

"your mom's a ripper, okay?" Kai shouted back "she's a ripper" and it was like Damon's world had gone crashing down once again, he let go of Kai "she turned in 1858. Faked her death. Went to Europe, where she went a little nuts" Kai explained but Damon looked at him.

"No"

"Bodies piled up. She moved. Killed some more until she had to move again, They think 3000 in total" Kai explaining why Lily was in the prison world.

"That's enough" Damon whispered.

"and for some reason my coven made it their duty to stop her, so they cut her off at the harbour before she could tear through Manhattan. Granted, once they got on the ship, everybody was dead. It was so gruesome they burned it there at the harper." Kai said and Damon began to get angry again.

"I said that's enough" Damon shouted and Kai stepped back.

"I guess I'll just show myself out" Kai said as he was about to walk away.

"what's going on?" Rain said as she had a blanket wrapped around her, Kai and Damon looked at her "Damon, are you okay?" she asked but he didn't answer but went and walked over to the couch.

Rain looked to Kai "look after him, Ill see you tomorrow" he said kissing her cheek then leaving the house.

Rain sat next to Damon and gave him a hug as tears began falling out off his eyes as he explained the story of him mom "She wasn't coming back for me" Damon whispered and Rain gave him a hug trying to comfort him in the best way she could.

"Its going to be okay Damon, I promise" she said and Damon clung to her, she was the only good thing going in his life at the moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 29 11
(This is my first story so I hope you like it) You lived in Texas and moved to Mystic Falls ,Virginia. You Enroll to Whitmore College and that's wher...
117K 2.9K 20
1 year after the marriage of Damon Salvatore and Elena Gilbert, they give birth to a beautiful baby girl named Genevieve. 17 years later, she's exact...
109K 3.5K 51
"Hey, brother, there's an endless road to re-discover Hey, sister, know the water's sweet but blood is thicker Oh, if the sky comes falling down for...
680K 11.2K 86
[COMPLETE. EDITED] When he meets her his world feels complete. When she meets him she feels as if she is safe and protected. She is scared that he w...