The Chronic of Catarsia | She...

By silveriana_

|EN| The story was about to be repeated once more: a princess didn't meet the prince, but they would marry an... More

She-The Superwoman
Las Crónicas de Catarsia

The Chronics of Catarsia

171 36 194
By silveriana_

I was sitting next to the window, admiring the land I was about to leave, where I would never return. I had always dreamt of running away, but now that it was going to come true, I felt anxious, even scared. My feelings confused me: I shouldn't be doubting, there was nothing left for me in that place. However, I could not forget all the memories that I created there. After all, it was my home, everything that I knew and ever loved.

I tried to calm myself thinking about the bright future waiting for me. It may be risky, but it would be worth it because I finally would be breaking free. For most people, my behavior would be reckless, even childish. I had everything in the palm of my hand, and I would be giving it all away in minutes. But what are castles and richness if I do not own them? Why would I want a dynasty if I cannot lead it? I did not want to be the woman who would raise the next king. I deserved more: I would rule my own empire. Therefore, I had to run away.

"Everything's ready," informed me someone behind my back. It was Jess, one of the maids and a dear friend of mine. "Remember you have just a few minutes before the crew realizes your absence, so you must run as fast as you can."

I thanked her for helping me, and I promised her that I would write whenever I arrived at my destiny. Then, I set off to Patherton after I hugged my friend tightly. Once I got there, I was supposed to find Mrs. Hall, Jess' aunt, who would assist me while I started this new chapter of my life.

I was riding the horse I stole, a couple of miles far from the palace, when I heard the alarm go on. I could not help but smile. I bet my father was hitting the roof at that precise moment. I could not blame him: his only child escaped a week before the wedding he had arranged. He would be in serious problems any time soon. Nevertheless, that was not of my concern, not now.

After traveling several hours, I finally decided to stop and get a rest. My noble steed was exhausted due to the journey. Moreover, the night had already appeared beneath our heads. I considered camping in the woods, but I feared wild animals and bandits, so I sought refuge in the first lodge I found. Fortunately, nobody would recognize me in these scruffy clothes.

"We ought to wait for the worst: without offspring, the king's power is weak, and many will try to steal it from him," it was said as I passed by.

Another man complained immediately after. "That means war! And you know who will have to fight, don't you? Us, of course. Despite the fact he couldn't control his daughter, we are the ones to pay the price."

Everywhere I went, people were talking about the incoming crisis. For a second, I even thought of coming back to play my role as a queen. I could be the leader this kingdom needs, but my father wouldn't tolerate it. Maybe he was the one who had to disappear–. My wonders were interrupted by an intrusive glance in my direction; two men were looking at me and whispering at the same time, so I covered my face with the hood and rushed to ask for accommodation.

Once in the room the innkeeper offered me, I could relax at last, which does not mean I could sleep. The party from the first floor did not end until dawn. Also, the thick width of the walls did not help. Every few minutes, a loving couple crossed the hall to waste the night away, laughing. Sometimes they tumbled their way to their room because of all the alcohol they had consumed. That is why I did not worry about the heavy steps that led to my door. When the shadow under it did not go away after a few minutes, I started to tremble. Afterward, the stranger tried to force the gate.

"Did you know your daddy offers a big reward to who brings you back to the castle, priinceesss?"  He pulled the words as he talked. It was evident he was not at his best: he had had way too much fun before he decided to do the job. "You are lucky they want you alive. Otherwise, I would kill you with my own hands, you snobbish bitch."

I traced the enclosure desperately, looking for a place to hide. I found nothing in that poorly furnished place. Consequently, I needed to find a way out. I registered the window, which ended up being a good option: it was not very far from the ground, as the unknown person behind my door got angrier.

"Don't make me open this by force, or you'll regret it," he said, but I did not listen. I was making a rope with the sheets, so I could climb down and escape.

He suddenly quit his threats. No more shouting nor hitting, just silence. After that, the door finally opened, and I could see my stalker. He was a young man with an untidy appearance. He stood there without moving or speaking a little time, then he just collapsed in front of me: he was dead. His murderer was behind him, which made me shiver even more. Would I be the next one?

"So you are the princess everyone is talking about... What a disappointment," she was in the middle of the room, revising everything around her while she was cleaning the knife she had just used.

If I were not extremely frightened, I would feel insulted.

"W-What do you want for me?" I demanded to know. "I can give you money, but please, don't return me to my father."

"Your father will pay me more if I bring you back."

She was right, we both knew it. Therefore, I ran to the window to have a chance at least. To my surprise, she did not try to reach me. Instead, she spoke again.

"You won't survive on your own. You know that, don't you?" Her words got to stop me.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked, annoyed and confused at the same time.

"Watch your mouth, your highness," the arrogant stranger scolded me. "A lady like you shouldn't talk like that. Anyway, as I was saying: do you think nobody else will recognize you? He's not going to be the only one who comes after you."

"What do you suggest me to do? I don't have any other choice."

She smiled. Her gesture shocked me once more, as well as her following words: "Come with me."

When the sun raised, I departed with my rescuer; I supposed I would have to wait a little more before meeting Mrs. Hall. What I did not know back then was that we would never assemble.

At that time, under the first sun rays of the day, I could sight my saver better. She was a youthful woman, not much older but way bigger than me. Eliana –that was her name– had not just towered over me, she also had the appearance of someone who could fight a bear and win. I guessed that was exactly how you had to look if you traveled with a gang of men. She and her mates resembled the bandits I feared in the forest.

"Why are you helping me?" I interrupted the sleepy silence we all shared.

"You remind me of myself when I was younger, fighting your destiny. If someone had supported me when I was in your place, I would not have learned many things the hard way," her voice exuded a gloomy shade. "I want to become the person that I needed a long time ago."

I was curious about her history. What was a lady doing with that company? How had she ended up leading such a crew? Eliana was definitely one of a kind. In any other situation, I would probably have requested an explanation. However, I did not do it: I felt that was not the right moment. It was not after a couple of months that I reached to know who Eliana was.

During that time, she taught me everything she knew. Nothing that I could learn inside the walls of a castle, neither in a humble house, not if you were a girl at least. She instructed me in fighting, hunting, and several more arts. Furthermore, I discovered that this strange combination of people became her family after taking her in. It seems she had left her abuser husband by the time they came across. She found a mentor and a home between these mercenaries, the same as me.

We were nomads: wherever they hired us, we would go. Most of our employments not only were illegal but also they would make my mother faint. Her little sweetheart was not so sweet anymore, in fact, her daughter was a deadly criminal now.

"Is it you, Katherin?" A familiar voice startled me while I was waiting for Eli. We were on a mission; my assignment was monitoring, so I could not get any distractions. I tried to ignore my caller, but it was useless. "Kat, it's me, Jess! Don't you remember me?"

"Oh, hello. It's been a long time," I finally submitted to her insistence.

"It's an enormous pleasure to see you're alive! We thought you didn't make it as you never arrived at my aunt's. What happened to you?"

"I had to improvise," I did not want to provide her with much information.

She was clearly bewildered due to my attitude, although she did not keep inquiring. "It is great news anyway. I am grateful that there is someone who does well, at least. The royal court is falling apart day by day: the king got ill, he couldn't handle your loss."

I already knew it; my father's condition spread quickly through the kingdom. However, I still felt guilty, but I regretted nothing.

She kept chatting and, after all, she succeeded in shocking me: "Your cousin Eric is being called. I heard he'll be named the heir."

"What?! Eric???" I shouted by accident. I was not able to control my increasing anger. "This must be a joke! He is a dumbass who only cares about his reflection, and he can govern this land whereas I couldn't?"

I was not talking with Jess anymore but cursing my luck. My complaints caught the attention of some pedestrians, which multiplied in number. Elina did not take long to appear, attracted by the noise.

"What the hell are you doing?" she scolded me.

"Who are you?" This time was Jess who spoke. "Do you know her, Kat?"

I ignored both, I had more important matters to care about. I was cooking up a master plan.

"Shut up!" I ordered. "I have a job for us: we are going to reclaim my throne."

Neither of them articulated a word. Eli and Jess were astonished due to my announcement to–

The arrival of Lizz interrupted my reading. I got so hooked that I forgot we had met. I had even forgotten that I was sitting in a bank surrounded by people. She was wearing a casual outfit, as usual, but this time it was quite evident that she had dressed quickly. I required her presence with urgency.

"You look stunning, honey," I complimented her.

"Don't warm me up. I was in the middle of something when you phoned me. You better had a good reason to let my cupcakes without supervision."

"I needed advice, but I have finally made up my mind." She was on the point of yelling at me. Therefore, I continued my speech. "I got inspired by Kaitlyn–"

"And you have decided to depose your dad, haven't you?" She finished the sentence for me. Her comment sneaked up on me. "What? I sometimes read too."

She was cutting me off too much to be in a hurry.

"I am going to New York with you," I revealed all of a sudden. "I am studying arts, instead of economics as my parents wanted."

She remained speechless for a while. It may seem a minor confession, that is what teenagers do: disobeying their parents. Nevertheless, I had never done such a thing, not for once, and to make things worse, I would make my debut in the most important decision of my life.

"Are you sure? You will have to pay for everything. I know your parents; they won't support you in any way if you do this."

"It will be tough but worthwhile," I simply answered. "It's my decision, my life, not theirs. And there's more: I am telling them about us. You are my girlfriend, not my mate. I am tired of introducing you like something you are not."

I expected a more delighted reaction, but I knew she was worried about me. If they were not repudiating me for becoming an artist, they would do it because of this. It still did not matter; I would be choosing myself regardless of anything.

Despite all our concerns that would eventually come true, I knew I would never back out for being who I truly was and fighting for what I deserved. I was sure of it when I left that small village next to the person I loved, but my point was made when I managed to illustrate a book for the first time. It could not be other than The Chronic of Catarsia, the story of the princess who illuminated my way.

How did I do it? Did you expect this ending? Tell me all about it in the comments! And don't forget to vote if you liked it 😉

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 161K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
206K 9.1K 75
A fire incident at his(Kim Jae-soo) husband's home while he (Baek Ji-Hu )was away made Kim Jae-soo return to his third year of university (he was reb...
55.2M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
860K 15.1K 25
its an village story mature story (18+) _________________________________________ Rashmi - ahhhmmmm ..ummm...sarkar Aditya - arrgg Jaan moan for me ...