runaway heroes

By runningforfreedom

My mind screams for me to go but my body drags along barely moving as exhaustion takes me over, I see Seth an... More

runaway heroes
The results
First day
Training
Tour
Nightmares
Fight or flight?
Alleyway Where She Died
Not A Chapter!
Tester
Bad news
Need Ideas!!
Free time
Shopping
New story!
Midnight surprise
She's remembering
Dream Journal
The most painful memory
Now we know
Repress the memories
Simulation
Exchange

Blood, Sweat and Tears

29 1 2
By runningforfreedom

A/N
This chapter contains gore and some violence, read at your own risk. If you don't want to read it skip to the authors note at the end and I will give a brief description of the chapter.

We walk to Veronica's room where she's been locked up, once outside her door John turns around and looks me in the eye "You will have to go in without Seth or Cole but Ruth will be in there to help you" I turn towards Ruth and all the color drained from her face making her light complexion even more pale. I turn back towards John and slowly nod, not able to find my voice.
"good" he replies and turns around once again to open the door.
I let out a shaky breath as I realize I hadn't been breathing for awhile,

I'll investigate that later, right now I have to figure out how to survive this

John hastily opens the door and pushes Ruth and I in. The door slams shut and I feel goosebumps rise on my arms and a shiver go down my back. I don't even look back as I spring out of the way of a bloodied animal looking creature, I run to the other side toward a figure I believe is Veronica when my face pales and I realize that the figure behind me is alive and I deduct attacking Ruth from her pain filled screams behind me.
I whirl around in time to see it charge at me leaving the mutilated corpse slumped in an impossible position. I just barely got out of the way as bile rose up in my throat and I was fighting to keep it down when I was shoved to the floor the monster on top of me trying to take a bite out of my flesh.
I shove and kick it off of me and throw it to the ground hearing a sharp
snap!
I slowly relax my shoulders assuming the worst is over until the creature shoots back up its neon purple eyes staring me down as it attempts another attack on me. I zip to the side and feel myself becoming invisible, it growls at the spot I used to be and pounces slashing wildly trying to feel where I am.
I sneak up behind it barely breathing and try not to make a noise I see a knife to my left and hastily grab it before plunging the knife into Veronica's skull, she whimpers and slumps to the ground spazzing and thrashing around looking like she's having a seizure until her body comes to a hastily stop her eyes open in fear.
I feel myself become visible again and the door is thrown open, I sink to the ground and two strong arms wrap around me and pick me up bridal style and cradle me into them. I whimper and clutch the persons shirt staring at the spot where Veronica lies, they carry me out and I hear them spit out at John
"there. She used her powers, fought a mutation and survived are you happy now?!" I look up realizing that the person holding me isn't Cole but in fact Seth I start shaking as Cole comes running down the hallway towards us gasping out
"is she okay!? What's wrong with her?!?"
He gives a pointed glare towards Seth "what'd you do to her?!"
Seth sighs and hands he over to Cole where I rest in his arms smuggling my face into his chest, I didn't missed the pained and hurt look that flashed across Seth's face when I seemed calmer in Coles arms but I was too traumatized to care at that point.
"I didn't do anything" Cole starts to interrupt but Seth just keeps on going "Ruth got torn apart by Veronica"
I stiffen and start shaking again earning myself a worried glance from all except John
"and she just killed Veronica, it's the first person she's killed on purpose and actually knew so it's going to be harder on her than the other ones will"
I start sobbing and everyone crowds around me as Cole sets me down and grabs my hands to try and make me look at him.
"I don't want to kill people" I choke out as I break into hysterics.
"shhh, shh"
everyone coos at me trying to calm me down.
I see John drag Amelia away and Seth awkwardly pat my head until Cole turns to him and whispers something in his ear causing him to turn beet red and briskly walk away. Cole holds my hand and pulls me up and my sobs slowly stop and my emotions come to a stand still. I feel numb as my brain forces what I just experienced into the back of my mind to be forgotten Cole looks up at the clock and pulls me along back to my room.
"get some rest"
he softly instructs and starts to close my door until I lunge at him and grab onto his shirt begging him to stay with me. He widens his eyes and looks at me worriedly but agrees nonetheless and climbs into bed holding me as I snuggle into his side and eventually fall asleep.

A/N
The premise of this chapter includes Dillian, now Cecelia, going into Veronica's room to kill her and is greeted with a blood stained room with the carcasses of the previous scientists spread around the room, Veronica kills Ruth and Cecelia turns invisible and stabs Veronica in her temple through the open space in her skull, killing her. Cecelia is then carried out of the room by her savior Seth who confronts John about it while she tries to over come the trauma that she has just experienced. Cole comes running down the hallway and scoops her out of Seth's arms stealing her away from him. She has a panic attack and Cole sends Seth away so he can calm her. She is taken back to her room and Cole agrees to spend the night in her room with her to help her fall asleep and to soothe her if she happens to have a nightmare.

Sooo, What do you guys think? How was the chapter? What do you guys think about Seth coming to her rescue instead of Cole? Hmm? Throwing in a plot twist for you guys mwahahaha! Just kidding I have no clue what the next chapter is gonna be and the new update is really throwing me off trying to figure everything out once again.

Anywhoo who do you think Cecelia (Dillian) should end up with, Seth? Cole? Some random new character? Also tell me why! Another question, who is your favorite character and your least favorite character? Tell me why you think so as well! A third question what do you guys think about John and Amalia's relationship? Do you think it will work out? I didn't hear anything about them last time I posed this question but I would love to hear your ideas! Also what do you think of John? Of his actions? Why do you think he acts this way? Message me or comment your answers to these questions, it's interesting to hear what you guys think vs my thought process.

Also I would LOVE to hear some feedback from you guys on what you want me to include in the upcoming chapters and any storyline or plot line ideas you guys have!
This was based off a dream I had several years ago and I can't remember what happened so I'm making it up as I go but I would love to hear what you guys think should happen next!

Don't remember to vote, comment and favorite! And to tell me ideas for upcoming chapters,
love you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 172 18
Hello there, remember me? The girl who faced probably every catastrophe ever to happen; I mean if I lost my sanity I have a perfect excuse. Probably...
37.8M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
Luna By anya jayvyn

Teen Fiction

7.3M 324K 47
A bullied girl meets the popular new student. ***** "Still saying that you're perfectly okay?" Max whispers. I'm surprised to hear that his voice is...
283 52 20
This story is about two 'lookers' twins that is searching peace in this world. They are known for their broken family but also known as the deadliest...