A Beam of Hope

Bởi TheFlash7656

Book 1 This is a marina story and it is about their adopted daughter Hope. The story will tell you about the... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter 1: Where It All Began
Chapter 2: Big Changes and Challenges
Chapter 3: Home? Pt 1
Chapter 4: Home? Pt 2
Chapter 5: The Fire Station
Chapter 6: Knowing How to Help Hope
Chapter 7: Check Up Day
Chapter 8: The Night Before
Chapter 9: First Day
Chapter 10: Grey-Sloan Gala
Chapter 11: Fun and Games
Chapter 12: Exciting Times
Chapter 13: Stay in Your Lane
Chapter 14: Toby
Chapter 15: 24 Hours Pt.1
Chapter 16: 24 Hours Pt 2
Chapter 17: Emergency Trip
Chapter 18: Aftermath
Chapter 19: 4 Months
Chapter 20: Christmas at the Station (Pt. 1)
Chapter 21: Christmas at the Station (Pt. 2)
Chapter 22: Another Bishop?
Chapter 23: Sick Day
Chapter 24: Drill Day
Chapter 25: Dinner with a Guest
Chapter 26: Beginning the Process
Chapter 27: Crisis of the Process (pt1)
Chapter 28: Crisis of the Process (Pt 2)
Chapter 29: Stressing Times
Chapter 30: The Final Days
Chapter 31: Adoption Day
Chapter 32: The Celebration
Chapter 33: Italy Bound
Chapter 34: Fun in Italy
Chapter 35: Back to Normal
Chapter 36: Something Isn't Right
Chapter 37: The Results
Chapter 38: The Little One
Chapter 39: Ezekiel
Chapter 40: The New Normal
Chapter 42: The Reveal
Chapter 43: Station Family BBQ
Chapter 44: I Feel and Look like Sh!t
Chapter 45: The End and New Beginnings
Sequel book

Chapter 41: Progressing Through Life

800 23 4
Bởi TheFlash7656

A big sigh came out of Hope's body. That is when I knew it wasn't going well and She was putting a brave face for Maya and I.

————————————————————

POV Carina:

Hope just kind sat there in silence but then spoke up. "I don't know how to describe it. It is kinda too much at times but then it is good at times, I know it is ok to feel this way but also something is telling me it isn't. I don't know anymore." Hope then lifted the coffee mug to her mouth, trying to hide.

"Bambina, you know you can always come to me or your mom." I state while putting my hand on her arm that had laid down on the Island table. "It is hard..." Hope looking around the kitchen avoids finishing her sentence.

She was getting uncomfortable and anxious.

"I um can tell you some more if you help me with Zeek's room." She said, breaking the awkward silence.

The both of us changed into clothes that won't be ruined if paint gets on them. Hope grabbed my laptop and played Some background music, she directed me what to do and We started. We were just Painting, no talking happened between us. It was just the music filling the silence of the room.

I finished the portion of the one wall so I moved over to the same wall as Hope to help her finish.

"What did you mean by your statement earlier? I asked knowing it wasn't going to be brought up again. She stopped painting after I said that and was about to respond but Ezekiel busted through the door of the room.

"Oooo leaves." He exclaims. "Hey Zeek, don't touch the paint, it still needs to dry." I tell the tour year old before he touches anything. I look back at Hope to find her back into the quiet state she was in before. "So are you ready for school to start? I ask. She instantly stops painting, quickly places the paint brush down and goes over to the laptop.

"I um I forgot about this one class for a credit I need if I want to graduate this semester." She frantically typing away on the computer. "Bambina, what is it?" I asked confused and then walked over to her.

"It is a speech class, It is a credit I need." She Starts to get frustrated.

"I thought we got all the classes you needed before we left for Italy?" I questioned. "Yeah but I was so anxious that day I forgot about it." She explained with frustration with herself. A few minutes later she got signed up for the class then We both heard movement in the kitchen so we went to see who it was.

As we came into the kitchen Maya was making some pancakes and Ezekiel was watching her.

POV Hope:

After me panicking to sign up for that plass and then going into the kitchen to see, mom making her famous pancakes.

"Oooo Pancakes. Can you make some with banana mix into the batter?" I ask knowing that was my favorite. "If you come help me?" Mom asked sneakily, wanting to spend time with me. "You're the worst." I tease while rolling my eyes and chuckling. Just like I practiced the during the middle of the summer before our Italy trip.

I locked the wheelchair wheels and pulled myself into a standing position to mash the banana.

*flashback to two months ago*

"Bambina, we have to leave soon!" Mama yelled down the hall.

"Ok coming!" I replied back while stuffing things into my backpack. Those items being; Ipad, new Star wars book that is 500+ hundred pages long and art supplies. About a week and a half ago, I had expressed to mama and mom that I wanted to do PT. So I could "Stand up" to which they happily put that in motion for me. Fast forward to today, which is my first day at Grey-Sloan. As We were in the car, I was looking out the window of the car, watching the world go by.

"Bambina, the song? It replayed." Mama Snapped me back to the real world.

"Oh yeah sorry. " I said and then went and changed to the next song. "Are you nervous?" Mama asked which I think she could feel how nervous I was. "Just a bit. Well that is a lie. I'm really nervous, like going to throw-up kinda nervous. I thought mom would come with us but being called to a 4-alarm fire in the middle of the night is more important." I said under my breath.

Since Mom left at 5 am, Mama and I have been a little anxious, but me even more so just because of this new thing I'm trying out. "I know she is upset that she is missing this too but you could tell her all about it and I can take lots of videos." Mama elaborated as she parked the car.

"Ok, I guess that will have to do for this session." I reply, still feeling bummed about it.

POV Carina

As we made our way inside Grey-sloan and up to my office,I shot Maya a text. Me: Hey love, you are probably still out on call but Hope is really missing you right now. She is trying to hide that and her anxiety but isn't doing a good job. I wish you were here. Love you." "Mama, are you coming?" Hope asked me. "Si bambina! I'm right behind you. I affirmed catching up to her on the way to the PT room. Because she is still a minor, I signed her in and then we went to go meet her Physical therapist.

As we were waiting Hope asked, "Have you heard from mom yet?"

"No, not yet. They are probably still on site of the 4-alarm fire." I explained to her but then she went back to looking around anxiously.

Toby did his thing and laid his head on Hope's lap, she started to rub his head but then stopped. Then she anxiously started to fiddle with her hands. There was more to this than Maya being gone and PT. Before I could ask her, her PT doctor came up to us.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Jemma Ashford, I will help y'all today and the rest of your sessions." Dr. Ashford introduced herself to us.

"Hi I'm Dr. Carina Deluca- Bishop and this is my daughter Hope. I'm afraid that my wife isn't going to be able to make it today but hopefully she will be here next time." I introduce myself and Hope, which Hope still seemed bothered by something. I checked my phone one more time before heading into the PT room, there was no reply from Maya.

She hasn't even read the text.

POV Maya:

I rushed out of the house at 5 am and met the team at the Station. "Ok team apartment fire that turned into the entire complex. So far 4 out of the 20 buildings are on fire. Let's put it out before it spreads even more. NINETEEN?" I yelled the last part.

To which they all yelled in unison, "NINETEEN! !" I left my phone in the barn of the station which was a total accident. In the back of my mind I knew Carina would send a crap ton of messages.

As much as I wanted to stay at home and in bed with my wife and daughter, the universe had it otherwise.

That fire was brutal and hard to put out. At one point, it was looking like all was lost but we finally had a breakthrough and everything was smooth sailing.

By the time we came back to the station B-shift was there ready to take over for us.  I grabbed a shower and then finally checked my phone. It was 11am after we got back and all showered. As soon as I saw the text from Carina, a cold feeling rushed through my body. I totally forgot that was today, I quickly grabbed my car keys and headed towards my truck, totally ignoring Andy yelling for me and drove off to Grey-Sloan.

Time felt like it was going slower, the drive to Grey-Sloan becoming endless.

Finally, I reached the parking lot, parked the car and ran inside. It was like an olympian again running the 10k meter sprint.

I asked the frontdesk Where I could find the PT room. After they told me, I ran off in a flash to the PT wing. I made it to the room which had a glass wall making it available to see everyone. When I looked through the window, I could see Caring, Hope and her PT instructor. I made my way over the door of the room and that prompted them to look at the door as I opened it.

Caring gave me a smirk of joy spread across her face and Hope getting really excited that I made it.

"Hi you must be Captain Maya Deluca-Bishop, your daughter was just talking about you. I'm Doctor Jemma Ashford, Hope's PT instructor." She introduced herself to me. "Yes, that is me. Sorry that I was late. " I explained to the doctor. "It is all good. Hope, you have the best parents from what I can tell." She said, turning her attention back to Hope.

"You are right, 100%."  Hope replied back.

*End flashback*

POV Hope:

I smiled at the memory that came to mind, which I guess mom saw because she asked, "what are you smiling for?"

"Just thinking back on the day I started PT at Grey-sloan. It was kinda crazy, well mentally for me." I divulged what made me smile. "Oh yeah, that was definitely a crazy day." Mom chucked, while taking my cutting board full of mashed banana. Luckily, the sink was just across from where I was.

So I managed to move in front of it to wash all the banana residue off.

Ezekiel came into the kitchen and then his stomach made a rumbling noise. "It sounds like someone is hungry." I indicated which Zeek nodded shyly.

"Well the pancakes are almost ready and you can eat as many as you want." Mom expressed this to him. "Yay!" Then he did a little happy dance. We all sat down for breakfast. Zeek loves banana pancakes more than me. That is for sure. After breakfast, we cleaned up and I headed back into Zeek's room to finish up.

I spent the better half of my day in the room painting which I didn't mind. It kept me busy and from thinking about literally anything that my anxious brain could think about. Around 7 O'clock at night, I finished the entire room.

With paint up and down my arms, a little on my face and wheelchair, I was done.

I then went out to tell everyone else. "Hey I finished painting. Y'all want to come see it? " I announce to Mama, Mom and Zeek who were in the living room, "yes, of course. Come on zeek, let's see your room now. " Mom said while picking him up.

We made it to the door and I turned the knob of the door....

————————————————————
A/N: I'm on spring break so that means a few more frequent updates. I'm at a place where I'm actually enjoy writing these again😊.

I also made a social media and the only one I have
TikTok: captain_bishop_deluca
I post about my books and art work about station😊
Drop a follow!

www.tiktok.com/@captain_bishop_deluca

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

389K 1.4K 8
❝ Maya and Carina's relationship had stood the test of time. They were confident that whatever came, they would face together, but all certainty chan...
1.2M 36.8K 154
Finally accepting that her long term relationship with Carina is the best thing yet to happen to her. Captain Maya Bishop comes across the big next c...
204K 5.3K 44
Maya and Carina have finally decided to start a family. After a few unsuccessful attempts, they decide that foster care is their best option. Luna an...
3.1K 101 48
Maya Bishop and Carina DeLuca first meet when the Fire Lt. spends a week giving Fire Safety talks at Carina's middle school, they are drawn to each o...