Him and Me.

By yoyopay

Kayla Johnson has lived a good high school life. She is relatively liked by everyone, and she tries to be nic... More

Him and Me.
Him and Me- One.
Him and Me- Two.
Him and Me- Three.
Him and Me- Four.
Him and Me- Five.
Him and Me- Six.
Him and Me- Seven.
Him and Me- Eight.
Him and Me- Nine.
Him and Me- Ten.
Him and Me- Eleven.
Him and Me- Twelve.
Him and Me- Thirteen.
Him and Me- Fourteen.
Him and Me- Fifteen.
Him and Me- Sixteen.
Him and Me- Seventeen.
Him and Me- Eighteen.
Him and Me- Nineteen.
Him and Me- Twenty.
Him and Me- Twenty One.
Him and Me- Twenty Two.
Him and Me- Twenty Three.
Him and Me- Twenty Four.
Him and Me- Twenty Five.
Him and Me- Twenty Six.
Him and Me- Twenty Seven.
Him and Me- Twenty Eight.
Him and Me- Twenty Nine.
Him and Me- Thirty.
Him and Me- Thirty One.
Him and Me- Thirty Two.
Him and Me- Thirty Three.
Him and Me- Thirty Four.
Him and Me- Thirty Five.
Him and Me- Thirty Six.
Him and Me- Thirty Seven.
Him and Me- Thirty Eight.
Him and Me- Thirty Nine.
Him and Me- Forty Part 1.
Him and Me- Forty Part 2.
Him and Me- Forty One.
Him and Me- Forty Two.
Him and Me- Forty Three.
Him and Me- Forty Four.
Him and Me- Forty Five.
Side Story- Colby and Kyle.
Him and Me- Forty Six.
Him and Me- Forty Seven.
Him and Me- Forty Eight.
Forty Nine.
Fifty.
Fifty-One.
Fifty-Two.
Fifty Three.
Fifty four.
Fifty Five.
Epilogue.

Extra

45.1K 1.2K 286
By yoyopay

"This sucks bal-,"

"Do not even finish that sentence."

Colby looked up from his notebook and raised an eyebrow. He then tossed the notebook, causing it to land on the table between us. Fighting the urge to roll my eyes, I peeked at it, setting the book that I was reading on my lap.

"Please try and solve that problem and tell me that it doesn't suck bal-loons." He cleared his throat. I almost laughed. I snorted instead.

I picked the notebook up and looked at the problem, trying to somehow understand it, even just a little bit, but it was hard. I wrinkled my nose. Colby was right, this problem did suck.

"I'm not the one taking up chemistry," I announced, pushing the notebook back toward my boyfriend.

Colby shook his head as he reached for the notebook and muttered, "Excuses." He had a slight smirk on his face, though. I wanted to chuck him with my book (which was hardbound and heavy) but I couldn't help the little twitch of my lips at the sight of his infamous smirk.

He had changed, but he was still the same. He was still the same lovely person in whom I found my best friend and the love of my life, only now he was more independent, and freer. Travel did that to him, as well as his finding peace in his relationship with his father. Also, he randomly spat out Tagalog words and phrases to me whenever the situation was appropriate.

It was pretty endearing.

I watched as his forehead creased as he once again tried to comprehend the problem before him. He was so handsome, even when he was confused. It caused his eyes to crinkle slightly and made his nose twitch adorably. Suddenly I just wanted to cradle his face in my hands and kiss him-a full-blown make-out session in the making-but the library was hardly the place for that.

"I can't concentrate with you staring at me like that," he muttered under his breath, but it was still loud enough for me to hear. A blush colored my cheeks and when he said that he didn't mind and he liked me staring at him, I felt my cheeks turn redder.

Even after almost three years of being in a relationship, I still blushed whenever he teased me.

He had always told me it was pretty endearing.

Colby looked up from his notebook, the confusion now completely gone from his face. It was replaced by a wolfish grin, and my stomach clenched, sort of like what you feel when you were about to plunge down while riding a roller coaster.

He moved, his upper body leaning against the table, and whispered, "Let's go to the history section. Lots of empty halls in between book shelves. It's great for a make-out session."

My eyes widened slightly, and though my heart was thumping inside my chest because of his suggestion, I leaned over as well. His smile grew wider, but then I lifted a hand and flicked his forehead.

"Ow!" He whisper-yelled and reared back (quite dramatic, I should add), rubbing the spot where my finger connected, and shot me a glare. I raised an eyebrow at him, fighting back a laugh.

"Concentrate on your homework," I hissed playfully.

"But I wanna make-out with you," Colby all but whined. "Now that the image is in my brain, how do you expect me to solve this? I couldn't even solve this problem when all I was thinking about is. This. Problem!"

I shrugged, though the image of making out with my boyfriend was creeping up in my brain, too. "Your problem, not mine."

"So mean," he muttered. Colby leaned back against his chair and closed his notebook. "Enough of third year organic chemistry. I'd rather focus on our chemistry."

"That's the corniest thing I have ever heard," I replied. I had to admit, though, that it was very tempting to sneak into the history section and find an empty hall. Colby's lips looked so inviting. I cleared my throat and tried to read, but all I could think about was those lips on mine and that tongue inside my mouth. Plus a few other things.

This relationship with Colby Mariano had turned me into a pervert.

Looking up from my book, I met Colby's eyes and the pure mischief there made me shiver. He winked, and I almost turned into a puddle. This boy had magical powers, I tell you.

Colby then leaned towards me again, his upper body almost lying against the table. His face was inches away from mine now, and I bit my lip, forcing myself not to lean forward and just kiss him. His mouth curled up.

"You're thinking about it."

I blinked innocently. "I don't know what you're talking about." He rolled his eyes at me, but then I frowned.

"How did you know there are plenty of empty halls by the history section?"

***

He said he had been to the history section a lot last year, because he had taken Asian history as an elective. I asked how come he never thought of bringing me there for a make-out session, and his face crumpled as if he were in pain.

"It was a tough year, academically," Colby whispered, running a hand through his hair. "Damnit, why didn't I think of that?"

He looked really upset. I couldn't help it. My shoulders shook with silent laughter.

Colby shot me a look and rolled his eyes. "Evil."

"You love me," I shot back.

Colby's eyes turned gentle and his face relaxed as he said, softly, "I do."

I was melting in my chair, but then he added, "But you're still evil and you still won't make out with your hot boyfriend."

I raised an eyebrow and was about to retort, but Colby suddenly leaned forward again, his face near enough that if I extend my hand a little bit, I would be able to touch his soft lips, and I bit my tongue and gripped the book on my lap to restrain myself.

"I think I need to go back to my room so I won't be distracted," he said. I felt myself deflate a bit, but I did understand him. It was hard trying to concentrate fully on your studies when your extremely handsome and fabulous boyfriend was sitting right across from you. I knew that was what exactly how he felt about me. Yeah, I was that confident.

"Alright," I replied, my lips lifting in a small smile. "Good luck with that insanely hard problem."

He groaned while he stood up, and looked at me, a playful glint now on his eyes. My brows furrowed as he leaned down, his lips brushing my ear.

"Saturday, we're going out to dinner," he whispered. I shivered as his warm breath tickled my earlobe. He leaned back, smirked, and added, "My father wants to meet you."

Colby planted a quick kiss on my lips, said I love you, and then left the library.

I sat there, stunned. Did he just say his father wanted to meet me? Mr. Mariano was in Brazil.

Apparently not.

***

"Kayla, chill."

I shot Cynthia an incredulous look and stopped pacing, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"I'm going to meet my boyfriend's father and you're telling me to chill?"

Cynthia rolled her eyes, leaning back on her elbows on my bed. We were at my dorm room, me having called Cynthia for some advice. Annie, my roommate, was out tonight with her boyfriend. I could've asked her for advice, but I had basically known Cynthia forever to know that she would kill me if I didn't tell her first about this.

"Yes," Cynthia replied in a duh type of voice. "You're going to burn a trail on your pretty hardwood floors if you don't chill."

I plopped down on the bed next to her, frowning. "But this is Colby's dad we are talking about. I have every right to be nervous."

"You're acting like Colby's dad is part of a mafia or something," the ex-cheerleader pointed out. Her hair, as curly as ever, fanned down her back. "You just have to roll with it."

Despite the anxiety lodged in my chest, I managed to chuckle. "You just have to roll with it?" I raised an eyebrow at my friend. "Since when did you start talking like that?"

Cynthia grinned. "Spending too much time with Kyle." She let out a sigh and flattened her back down fully on my bed, her eyes closed. "I miss him already."

"Maybe you should spend less time with him if you're picking up sentences like that," I teased. She jutted out her hand to hit my thigh, but she was giggling. Then she cleared her throat and opened her eyes, her gaze serious.

"Really, Kayla, meeting Colby's dad shouldn't be too hard," she said. "I understand why you're nervous, but worrying won't help."

I lay down next to her, my hands folded above my stomach. "I know. I just can't help it." I turned my head to look at her, feeling incredibly vulnerable all of a sudden. "I want Colby's dad to like me."

"Oh, sweetie," Cynthia gushed, her eyes softening. "I get that. I never told you all the details, but when I met Kyle's parents, I was really nervous, too." She gave me a small smile, and added, "It didn't go smoothly all the way, but it all worked out in the end."

"Really?" I asked, eyebrows scrunched. "No, you must've rocked it."

Cynthia let out a laugh. "My bracelet got snagged and tore on Mrs. Pennington's blouse for some God-forsaken reason, and I spilled red wine on their dinner table." Before I could say anything, she spoke up again.

"The table cloth was white." Pause. "And lacy." Pause. "It looked incredibly expensive."

My mouth opened slightly. "Are you serious?"

"Oh yeah," she said, struggling not to laugh too much. "But in the end, Kyle's mom and I bonded over dessert and his dad hugged me before I went home. And you know what he said to me?"

I raised my eyebrows at her, urging her to go on.

"Thank you for making my son happy."

"Aw," I cooed, putting a hand over my heart. It was touching.

Cynthia nodded. "I know, it made me tear up a little." She then glanced at me with the corner of her eye and smirked. "I had to buy Pam a new blouse, though."

We exchanged a look, and laughed.

"At the risk of sounding clichéd," Cynthia began after our laughing fit, "just be yourself, Kayla."

I smiled at her, feeling a hell of a lot better about meeting Colby's father.

"And I suggest you spend less time with Colby, if you're picking up sentences like you rocked it."

***

"Will you stop fidgeting?"

"I am not fidgeting."

"Oh, do you prefer the term spazzing?" Tyler asked sarcastically. Before I could shot back a response, he said, "Will you stop spazzing?"

I fought the urge to kick his shin. Out of all weekends, this had to be the one when Tyler visited me. I didn't know if I should take that as a good sign or not.

Being new to the city, Colby told me that he would have to take his father to the restaurant. I didn't mind, since the place was only a few blocks from the university, but Tyler offered to accompany me. I agreed, since I could use the distraction. Now I was beginning to regret bringing him to walk with me.

"Will you just shut up?" I demanded. I walked briskly along the sidewalk, my arms wrapped around my belly. "You're not helping."

Tyler made a motion of zipping up his mouth, but I was not relieved. Knowing this boy, he would fire away again in three. Two. One.

"Don't walk too fast," Tyler hissed.

And there it was.

I pretended not to hear him and walked even faster. I was too caught up in my anxiety that I didn't notice Tyler was standing in front of me. I bumped my nose straight to his chest and he groaned then held me at arm's length.

"You're going to be fine," Tyler said. "You. Will. Be. Fine." He shot me a small smile. "Okay?"

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, letting Tyler's words sink in. It was unexpected, but I actually felt better. I guess bringing Tyler along wasn't so bad after all.

Opening my eyes, I returned Tyler's smile. He winked at me, and then grabbed my hand and began pulling me along the street.

"Now let's go," he announced. "You don't want to be late meeting your future father-in-law."

And just like that, my heart started beating fast again and my cheeks flamed red.

"Will you not say things like that?"

"Things like what?" Tyler asked, a smirk in his voice. "Mr. Mariano as your future father-in-law?"

"Stop it!"

"Okay, okay," Tyler said. "Relax. We're almost there. You wouldn't want to be a basket case."

I shot Tyler a look and he smiled widely. Then we were standing in front of The Nile Restaurant. I peered through the glass windows and immediately spotted my boyfriend sitting on one of the cushioned seats. He was alone. I wiped my clammy hands on my jeans.

"In you go." Tyler nudged me gently. "Good luck!"

He kissed my forehead quickly and walked away before I could even say anything. I took a deep breath and pushed open the door.

Colby looked up and smiled at me. He looked so incredibly handsome; it was like a Cupid's arrow to the heart. I smiled back and he stood up and kissed me. He made everything better.

"You look beautiful."

My smile grew wider and I was feeling more at ease. "Where's your dad?"

"Restroom." He tilted his head to one side and cupped my face in his hands. "Don't worry, okay? My dad already loves you."

Despite the small cloud of anxiety still hovering over my head, I clasped my hands over Colby's and said, "How could he not?"

"That's true. How could I not?"

Startled, I tore away from Colby and came face to chest with Mr. Mariano. He smiled, and held out a single white daisy to me. I thrust my arm out like a robot and accepted the flower, feeling like I was in dream. Mr. Mariano's smile grew wider.

"Hello, Kayla. It's great to finally meet my son's bonita."

"You got her a flower?" I barely heard Colby's voice, but from the tone of it, I could tell he had his arms crossed.

"It's only right to give her a flower," Colby's father replied. He raised an eyebrow and directed it at his son. "Where's your bouquet at?"

Laughter suddenly burst out of me. For some unknown reason, Mr. Mariano saying "where's your bouquet at?" was pretty damn funny.

I saw Colby and his father exchange glances, and I struggled to control my laughs. Colby's arm was wrapped around my waist, and I leaned against him, breathing deeply.

"I'm sorry," I said, as I extend a hand. Laughter just about solved everything, because I felt more of the anxiety leave my bones.

"It is very nice to meet you, Mr. Mariano."

I was expecting a handshake, but Mr. Mariano grabbed my hand, turned it so that my palm was facing upward, and then tapped it in a high, well in this case relatively low, five.

"It is very nice to meet you, too, Kayla. Colby here talks nonstop about you, I feel like I can write your biography," Mr. Mariano said.

Blinking, I glanced at Colby behind me, and he shrugged. Mr. Mariano clapped his hands, prompting us to look at him.

"Well, I am starving," he exclaimed. Leading us to the tables, he turned to me.

"And please do not call Colby Mr. Mariano. He's not that old yet."

***

Colby laid his forehead against mine and as our noses touched, I let out a sigh. As awesome as our dinner had been with Carlos (he insisted that I called him that), lying in bed snuggled up with an incredibly beautiful boy was something I looked forward to. Plus, I absolutely adored Colby's cozy apartment. It smelled like him.

"I told you," Colby muttered, pulling me even closer. "You didn't have to worry about a thing."

"It's not exactly my fault I was nervous," I pointed out, my fingers tracing his collarbone. "I didn't expect your dad to be so easy to talk to."

I also did not expect Mr. Mariano to be so... charming. I imagined a sort of dictator, to be honest. Not that I could say I could be blamed for thinking so. Colby and his father had not exactly seen eye to eye, ever since Colby was young. I knew that they had patched things up when Colby returned to Brazil, but I still thought that his father was kind of strict (a dictator). He was such the complete opposite.

"Me either," Colby replied. He planted a soft kiss in between my eyes. "I was really glad I came to Brazil then and got to know him, really know him." He then kissed my lips.

"Have I thanked you for that?" He asked, his lips still brushing mine.

I smiled against his lips. "Only about a thousand times."

"Still not enough."

We were quiet for a while, just enjoying the feel of being in each other's arms. It never, ever got old.

"Will you move in with me?"

We talked about this before, when Colby started university. We both decided that it was better for us to not live together immediately; after all, we were just teenagers then. I leaned back a little and looked at Colby's face, at his lovely green eyes, the curve of his nose, his beautiful mouth. I knew that I would like to see this before I sleep, and every time I woke up.

I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him, deeply, with all the love I felt in the whole wide freaking universe.

When we broke apart, he smiled.

"I'll take that as a yes."

_____________________________________________________________

Just a little something for you wonderful people :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.4K 2K 37
This book is dedicated to all fighters either battling life threatening diseases, life problems, depression or anything at all. Keep fighting 'cause...
111 1 20
Meet Kayla's daughter Amber Ann Coleman she just like her mom in some ways. Boys arent her thing and her and drama is whats she hates the most. One d...
63.6K 1.9K 42
Poor Kayla Ross honestly didn't mean to walk into Ashton Anderson and she really didn't mean to send up in the mess that she is in now. But he didn't...
87.8K 1.7K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...