When I Met Them....

By BloodLustDemon

"My life was hell from the start. I never really knew my parents, they were killed when I was a infant. I was... More

When I Met Them....
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
MUST READ! I'M SORRY!

Chapter four

7.5K 326 54
By BloodLustDemon

Yo! sorry it took so long to get this out, I've had a hard time coming up with ideas. I don't own Naruto! Now read on! 

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

ENJOY!!!

-------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>> pic of Ibiki

Canaan's POV

I stared at the Hokage, not sure how I was supposed to react, I'm not exactly an expert at socializing. So I said the fist thing that popped into my head.

"Yo."

Kakashi sweat-dropped. "Don't you think you should be more, respectful of your elders?" He asked. I shrugged, "Not really." He sighed. The Hokage mearly looked amused at the whole ordeal. 'Stupid old man...' I thought. 

"Anyway," I said, interrupting the silence, "why am I here?" The Hokage looked me over, making me slightly uncomfortable, before speaking. To Kakashi. "Are you sure this her? She's awfully young."

Well, excuse me, its not like I just asked a question or anything, oh no, by all means ignore me. (Did you detect a hint of sarcasm there? I know I did.) 

"Well, she fits the description, so we assumed she was the one..." Kakashi trailed off. The Hokage looked thoughtful, "Hmm, but still, to think that someone so feared, so dangerous, would be so young." He said. My eye twitched. 'I'm still here..' I thought.

"Anyway," they both looked toward me, "What's your name, child?" He asked, " I stared at him coolly, rather annoyed at the child comment. "Canaan, and don't call me child." I said, (or demanded.) He blinked, possibly shocked at the freezing tone in my voice. He nodded slowly, "Vary well, Canaan, how old are you?"  What is this? Twenty questions? I internally sighed, "Twelve." I answered.

They looked shocked. "Twelve!?" They exclaimed. At the same time. 'What are they, twins?' I thought, rolling my eyes. "Yes, I do believe that's what I just said."  I answered, annoyed. The Hokage seamed to recover first, "Well then, do you mind telling me why you decided to become a rouge ninja?" 

"Not really." 

Suddenly, a fist came out of nowhere and whacked me upside the head. 'WTF?!' I looked up at Kakashi, an irked expression on my face. My eye twitched once, but other than that I diden't show any emotion. "What was that for?" I asked, letting some of my irritation seep into my voice.   

 "That was for being disrespectful." He said, giving me a closed eyed smile. I looked at him blankly. "Hn."  The Hokage sighed, "Anyway, lets get to the point, shall we?" I glanced at him, rather suspicious as to what he was getting at. "What would you say to becoming a Konoha ninja?" He asked, smiling gently.

..................................................................................................................................................Huh?

I stared at him, completely at a loss for words. Kakashi sighed, "Apparently nothing," He noted. I, however, was frantically combing through my brain, trying to find something suitable to say.

"What?" I asked, utterly bewildered.  Well, at least that sounded somewhat intelligent. Kinda. They both chuckled. "I asked if you would like to stay here, in the Konoha."  He repeated. I blinked. "Why would you ask that? I'm a rouge ninja, why would ask someone you know nothing about, to stay in your village?" I asked, 

The Hokage chuckled, "I had a feeling that you could be an important asset to our village," He explained, "And we'd keep you under surveillance until we feel your trust worthy."  I stared at him wide eyed for a second, before I was able to compose myself. "Tch, whatever, gramps." 

They both smiled at me, "I'l take that as a yes, then?" The Hokage asked, looking accomplished. I sighed, "I suppose..." I trailed off, not exactly sure of this situation. My cards had told me that there would be 'hope' if went with the ninja, what if this was the next step to that hope? Well, I guess I'll just have to take that chance. 

"Vary well then," Gramps continued, "I have just the man for this job." He turned toward the copy nin, "Kakashi, go summon Ibiki, tell him he has a mission." Kakashi's eyes widened slightly," Ibiki, Hokage-sama? Are you sure that's a good idea?" 

Gramps' eyes twinkled, "Oh, I'm sure. I believe that someone of his strength and personality are perfect for keeping a feared, S-rank ninja from making too much mischief." 

Kakashi looked hesitant, like he wasen't sure that the Hokage's logic was as safe as he seamed to think. But he nodded, and transported away to fetch this Ibiki person. After a few minuets, I got board, and sat down, taking out my cards as I went. 

I could feel Gramps watching me curiously as I began shuffling through them, sometimes removing one from the deck and placing it on the floor. After repeating this several times, I had a small square of cards on the floor. I began flipping them over, and if I found a match, I'd set them aside and replace them. 

The room was silent, both of us caught up in our own things, Gramps had taken to finishing up his paper work, and I was looking into the future. So far, I had seen a few incidents that I would have to look out for, but nothing too serious. 

I glanced at the clock. Well, looks like Kakashi and Ibiki will be here in Three...Two...One... There was a knock on the door. Gramps looked up from his work. "Come in." He answered. The door opened to revel a huge (and rather intimidating) man Scars lined his face, making him look even scarier. His eyes swept over me, sitting on the floor with a deck of cards in front of me, and staring at him blankly, to Gramps. 

He bowed. "You summoned me, Hokage-sama?" Gramps nodded, "Yes, I have a mission for you, Ibiki." Kakashi came to stand next to me, watching the scene unfold. "You are to watch Canaan here," He gestured towered me, "And you will be in charge of training her, and keeping her out of trouble-." I tuned him out, wondering how this decision was going to make my life any better.

"-And to make sure you can keep an eye on her, she will be moving in with you." ...................................Huh? Wait, WHAT!?! I diden't see this coming! What the hell! Ibiki looked rather annoyed, though he was hiding it well. "So," He said, "basically, your assigning me to babysitting?" A small rock bounced off his head, before falling to the floor and rolling to a stop. 

Everyone stared at it, then terned towered me. I just stared blankly ahead, not sparing anyone a glance. They just resumed their conversation. "While I'm well aware that this is a strange setting," The Hokage continued, "I have my own reasons for making this decision, so I don't want to hear any complaints," 

Ibiki sighed, but accepted the mission. (Not that he had a choice.) Then he terned to glower at me, "Alright kid, get moving! I'll show you around the village before taking you home to get you settled in. Got that?" He barked. I sighed, sweeping my cards into a pile, and packing them away. "Sure." I shrugged. "Good. Your all dismissed," Said Gramps.

We walked down the hall in silence, Kakashi had his nose stuck in his book, and Ibiki was glaring down the world, not that I minded. I was rather enjoying not talking. When we reached the stairs, however, I stopped. Kakashi eyed me suspiciously, most likely remembering my last encounter with stairs. I looked at him, and opened my mouth, but before any sound could come out, he spoke;

"No." 

I frowned. "Why not?" I asked.

"Because I said so."

I sighed, and looked at Ibiki expectantly. He rose an eyebrow, regarding me coldly. "What?" He asked "Carry me." His eye twitched. "No. Now move." He demanded. I sat down. Again. But hey, it worked the first time, whose to say it wont work again? 

Kakashi face-palmed. "Not this again!" He groaned. Then he looked strait at Ibiki. "You carry her." He said. Ibiki blinked. "What! Why me?!" He demanded. "Because," Kakashi stated, "I had to last time, now it's your turn." And with that, he tellaported away. Ibiki started grumbling incoharently, and glowered at me as I hopped onto his back. "Don't get used to this, kid." He growled. "Whatever." I mumbled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canaan's POV (still)

Konoha was pretty cool, it'd been awhile since I'd stopped at a village, so it would probably take me awhile to get used to the crowded streets. But I have to say, I actually had fun today, and Ibiki was pretty cool, that is, if you don't mind constant glares and an intimidating attitude all the time. But it diden't bother me, so we got along pretty well. 

By the time we made it to Ibiki's apartment, or, 'home', I was exhausted. "Alright," Said Ibiki, "We'll clean out the spare room tomorrow, for now you can crash on the couch. Got that?"  I nodded, "Got it."  dropping my bag on the floor, I flopped on the couch. "Don't do anything stupid." Ibiki barked, heading upstairs. I rolled my eyes, "Yea yea, g-night." 

'Well,' I thought, 'this should be fun.'

And with that, I fell asleep, feeling more comftorble then I'd felt in a long time.

Ug, this chapter sucked. I just know it. But anyway, tell me what you think, hope you enjoyed it!  

Continue Reading