God's Demise

By bariozend

Where Technoblade isn't as invincible as he claims to be. CW// Mentions of- + Character death + Violence + Fe... More

2: The Make it or Break it Fight (and He Broke it)
3: "All You Know-"
4: Clean Up, but He's... Gone?
5: We Shouldn't Bring the Kids Into This- But Tommy Had Other Plans
6: "You... Dad... Gods?"
7: Healing, and... Homework?
8: "I love you."
9: "He loved you." ... "I couldn't save him."
10: "I'm So Sorry."
11: "I Love You Too, Techno."

1: "They're Fine"?

7 0 0
By bariozend

The fire roared a blazing orange and red heat, warming the group nearby. There were few sleeping, only those who hadn't lost loved ones that night. Fundy sat on the dirt, head laying on his mother's- Sally's- lap, sad eyes focused intensely on the flames as they danced, as not to cry. Sally's eyes focused sadly on the stars above, one hand playing with Fundy's hair while the other sat limp at her side.

Wilbur- the father of the fox- sat on the other side of the fire, his mind swimming in the sea of sadness. Phil- Wilbur's (and Tommy's) father- was sat beside Sally on the wooden log, wings tucked close to him as he stared venomously at the dirt covered ground.

Tubbo sat on a log between the biological family, eyes unmoving from the ashes that surrounded the burning flames. Tommy sat across from him, still in denial, his mind swimming in hatred for the world as his hands were folded in his lap, fingernails digging into his skin to keep himself from crying again.

There was one missing. 

-

The sky had been clouded since the morning sun had shone, rain pelting down like that of a metal blade to an enemy. Heavy thunder as though the clouds were laughing at those stuck on the surface. Phil sat in his rocking chair with a book in hand- his favourite way to pass time-, his thousand year old existence unfazed by the sounds of angry mother nature. Wilbur, on the other hand, paced around the living room anxiously, his brother and closest comrade having supposed to be back hours ago. Fundy was in the kitchen with his grandmother- Kristen- and Sally, working on preparations for dinner.

"They were supposed to be back an hour ago." Wilbur noted, aimed towards no one in particular, as though he were speaking to himself.

"Quit worrying, my boy." Phil responded in the clam, fatherly tone he'd always had, standing up after closing his book. "Do you know how many times you and your brother had me this worried?"

"Father, I'm aware. You remind me every time." Wilbur remarked, his pacing coming to a halt once Phil had set an old hand on his shoulder.

"Too many to count." Phil smiled, kindness and security oozing from his eyes. "They will be back soon, don't you worry."

It took another hour for them to get home, and by that time dinner was almost finished.

Fundy was setting the table for seven, expecting the pair to be back before they eat. Knives and forks set on napkins, ancient glass plates sat nicely around the table. Wine glasses for the adults, regular glasses for the two children. Salt and pepper shakers sat on a small plate in the middle of the table, the serving dishes lining the counters with the needed utensils beside them. A feast, celebrating the first hunt that Tommy had participated in.

Though hunting was a skill he'd picked up at the age of ten, going out with his older brother from time to time, this was different. They had gone hunting for people, bad people. It was a family tradition, if you would say, when you turned 16 to introduce you to real world horrors. Phil had done it, Wilbur had done it, Fundy had done it. Now it was Tommy's turn.

"Honey, I'm worrying." Wilbur had emphasised to his wife, his hand near his mouth, thumbnail about to be chewed off in the worried fit he'd held for almost three hours.

"Babe," Sally had paused, gently grabbing her husband's hand away from his teeth. "they're fine."

With a quick kiss on the lips from Sally to Wilbur, the door had slammed open. Two drenched to the bone boys hurried in, one blank faced while the other was panting and bloodied.

"Father, get the medical supplies!" Wilbur called out from the front hall, grabbing Tommy by his shoulders before bringing him to the boy's bedroom.

"Wil, I'm fine." Tommy rolled his eyes, his still shining blue eyes. "It's just a scratch."

"A big scratch." Wilbur emphasised, sitting him on the wooden chair in the corner. "I told father this wasn't a good idea."

Instead of Phil's average frame sweeping away the space in the doorframe, there stood Techno with a hidden look of worry- which Wilbur could pick up-, medical kit in hand. He dropped beside Wilbur in a calm manner, grabbing out the needed supplies. With quick work, Tommy was stitched up and covered in bandages.

"Were the stitches necessary?" Tommy scoffed, sliding on a dry sweater after he'd taken a towel to himself- Techno having left moments prior. "It hurts when I move my cheek."

"They're there to make sure you heal correctly." Wilbur spoke, his once worried tone now soft.

"Dad, uncle Tommy, dinners ready and on the table." Fundy peeked his head in the youngest's bedroom, smiling before he disappeared behind the wall.

The brothers made their way out of Tommy's room, and down the stars to the first floor. They greeted their family as they walked into the large dining room/kitchen and sat in their seats.

Phil at the head of the table, Kristen at the other. In between them on one side was Techno (who was closest to Phil), Wilbur (who was in the middle), and Sally (who was closest to Kristen). On the other side of the three adults sat Tommy (who was beside his father) and Fundy (who was beside his grandmother).

They all said their grace, and began to eat as a family, a quiet family. That was, before Phil had cleared his throat in an order to catch the families attention, more so Tommy and Techno's.

"So," he paused, eyes plunging daggers into Tommy, "how was it?"

He was genuinely curious.

"It was awesome!" Tommy roared with a large smile, his braced teeth peeking from behind his chapped lips before he shoved another forkful of food into his mouth. "We were attacked by the bad guys, and you shoulda seen me! I was like WHAM, BAM, no more sword for you! That's when I got this!" he motioned proudly at the stitched injury under his left eye.

"We were only attacked because you were being impatient, and yelling." Techno amused the blond, poking a piece of meat onto his fork and spinning pasta around it. "But to be frank, considering the amount of training classes you've managed to miss, the little you did know was good."

"Was that a compliment? From the Blade at that!?" Tommy smiled once again, food between his teeth.

"Don't talk when you're eating, it's impolite to show your chewed food to everyone." Sally spoke gently, Tommy turning his huge smile into a closed mouth one.

"Father, I told you he shouldn't have gone." Wilbur remarked, looking down at his plate before meeting eyes with Phil. "He's still too immature."

"You weren't any different, hon." Kristen laughed, fond memories of the same brilliantly bright and bold attitude from her oldest son resurfacing. "I remember your first time like it was yesterday."

"Mother." Wilbur glared daggers at her, really meaning no harm to her.

"My gosh, you were so happy when you came home. You'd lost your sword, and your bow somehow, and you were bleeding everywhere. You smiled through it till you passed out in the front hallway when you stepped in the house." Kristen smiled, embarrassing her oldest.

"Yeah, how did you manage to lose your weapons? Techno said you had them while fighting, but lost them sometime between the finish and the return home." Phil asked, his oldest having kept his more embarrassing loss a total secret.

"I, um- let's talk about something else?" Wilbur suggested, hopeful to change the subject.

"Do tell." Tommy piped in, daring eyes pinning Wilbur to his seat, an evil smirk on the boy's face.

"I wanna know too!" Fundy mentioned, he himself never having heard the story.

"Well- on the way back I, uhm... had to go to the bathroom. While I was doing that, a- uhm- bear took them from me." Wilbur coughed, it was actually a spider in which he'd ran from.

"BAHAHAHA LIKELY STORY!" Tommy shouted, his loud laugh not stopping.

"SHUT UP! FATHER MAKE HIM STOP LAUGHING!" Wilbur shouted as he pointed accusingly to Tommy, angry as his brother almost tipped over his chair laughing.

"Boys, calm down." Kristen spoke gently, folding her hands on the table as she finished.

"Yes mother." Both boys spoke together, their feud halting.

Fundy couldn't help but smile at his father and uncle, this happened almost every family dinner.

Suddenly, a knock sounded at the door. Techno stood up immediately, his hand hovering near his blade as he walked over. He peeked through the small window at the top, opening the door slightly with the hand that wasn't lifting the curtain.

"What do you need?" he asked simply, eyes now looking out the crevice between the door and it's frame.

"I was asked to deliver this to someone named Technoblade. Are they a resident here?" the man outside asked, holding a letter to confirm his being there.

"Who asked you to?" Techno asked, his hidden hand hovering his weapon once more.

"That is classified."

"Hand it here."

And so, the man gave Techno the letter and fled once the Blood God slammed the door on his face. Techno returned to the table after throwing the letter in the trash bin; it was probably junk.

The rain had let up from the previous night, allowing the family a day to themselves. Only after Tommy had finished the work his homeschooling teacher had assigned.

"Dad! I'm done with my work! Can Techno and I go hunting again?" Tommy asked, tucking the homework into his red binder and shoving his quill aside in the ink pot.

He knew in asking his father, he would be most likely to get a yes. After all, he was very lenient in how he raised the younger boy.

"As long as Techno is up for it, and you won't make your face worse." his father agreed, sipping his tea mug before picking his book back up.

"Father, I don't think he should go back out that soon, he still needs time to heal." Wilbur protested, setting his own quill in the ink pot as well. "He's far too fatigued, can't you see?"

Wilbur seemed to be the only one really worrying about Tommy, worried of what could happen to the baby brother he practically raised with his mother.

While Tommy did have light bags under his eyes from the sleepless night- the haunting of the singular man he killed yesterday-, the boy was determined.

He'd heard the conversation between Techno and the mailman; curiosity man, gets the best of you sometimes. He'd watched Techno throw out the letter, and knew it wasn't junk. He'd read it after dinner. He was hiding it.

"I'm not tired! Your big words tire me out if anything, I can handle it!" Tommy protested, his brows furrowing lightheartedly as he smiled rebelliously.

"I've already told the boy he can go, it's out of your hands Wilbur." Phil shrugged lightheartedly, a small smile across his lips. "Relax, he'll tire himself out after a few days."

"Thank you dad! TECHNO!" Tommy almost screeched the Blood God's name, smiling proudly. "Get ready! Dad said yes!"

Wilbur watched as Tommy scampered away, almost as though he was doing a little dance to prove his victory. The brunette then looked to his father, slight anger hidden behind his pupils.

"What if he doesn't tire himself out, what if he doesn't come home." Wilbur spoke the worst, having questions he hoped his father wouldn't run away from again.

"He'll be fine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 647 22
Just after Wilbur entered the afterlife, he realises not only how insane he has become, but how much he enjoys it. #9 in SleepyBoisInc 10/11/21 #1 in...
10.7K 394 21
After the loss of their brother Wilbur...Tommy begins to shut down. Struggling with how he feels, with depression getting the better of him, despite...
72 9 7
They called him the "Blood God". A sharp, violent name, warped from misspoken words. A mockery of his very title. "Blood for the Blood God" they shou...
200K 6.7K 75
"ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ, ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ?" ʟɪᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏᴀʟ ᴀʀᴇɴ'ᴛ ᴜɴғᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ᴛᴏ ʏ/ɴ, ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴀsᴛ ɪs ᴍᴇssʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ sʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛs ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ʟᴇᴀ...