Drowned [COMPLETED]

By miraaabellaaa

A Byun Baekhyun Fan Fiction Alex was bravely fighting for the new chapter in her life. After losing everythin... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Final Chapter
Special Chapter

Part 22

42 3 0
By miraaabellaaa

Alex POV

Love?

Did I hear it correctly?

I was about to speak when the door opened with a waiter pushing the cart full of food. I gulped. I'm really hungry and everything smells so good. Well, I'll forget about my phone right now and enjoy these yummy dishes infront of me.

"Eat slowly.." I nodded and keep munching.

I glanced at him and I see he's eating religiously as well. I kinda miss my jolly Baekhyun, usually by this time he would make some weird sounds. But this guy right here is silently eating his food. I stopped midway. He seem to notice me so he looked at me with curiousity.

"I miss the way you eat loudly before.. Uh sorry." and we become awkward.

For sure those 4 long years made a difference. Especially for the both us. And it scares me to think that one of them is Baekhyun's love for me.

"Just don't mind me. And eat your own food. Tss." he hissed.

After that he took his phone and call someone.

"Sehun-ah it's hyung... Yes... I know you knew Chanyeol's account number right?... Can you give it to me... Yes, don't worry I won't tell... Hahaha of course. Thanks bye!.." his smile faded as he talk with the waiter. Oh the bill!

I took my purse and went straight to them.

"Where's the bill?"

"It's settled.."

Did he pay for it?

"I shouldn't let you pay. You--"

"I said it's settled. But I never said it was me who paid for it. Know the difference."

How many times can he broke my heart with just his words? I bit my lower lip to stop myself from crying infront of him. He will hate me more if I do that.

He walked right pass me and left the room. I sighed. I grab my things and went outside as well. So much for tonight Alex. I'm wondering how much will I take for his hurtful words. I knew this will go on everytime we see each other.

I unconsciously shed a tear. They are right I became a cry baby.

Before I can even enter the car, Baekhyun showed himself beside me.
His handing me my phone, oh I forgot about this.

"Thanks.. uh I'll get going." I said dismissing him but he stopped my hand from opening the door of my car.

I look at him and meet his gaze.

"Uh.. what is it?"

He remained quiet until I pushed him a little bit.

"If you have nothing to say, I have to go Mr. Byun."

He chuckled without humor. "Since when did you call me Mr. Byun?"

"Just now.."

"Give me your contact details before you leave.." but why?

I gave him my business card.

"I don't think you're interested but here it is. Now can I go?"

"You can't wait to be with your boyfriend huh?" what boyfriend is he talking about?

"What are you talking about? Can I just go? I'm already at my limit for your insults.. I have enough for this day okay?" that made him stop. So I grab the chance to get inside and start the car.

It's true. He's succesful for making me feel bad the whole time. I know he's just mad but what can I do? I'm starting to hate myself more... From turning the bright and jolly Baekhyun to a cold and rude one. I can't hate him so I'll hate myself instead.

I didn't bother to call Chanyeol about it. I'll probably choose someone from the list that my staff gave me. Although I know he'll be very effective as an ambassador, I just find it hard to please him. Knowing how much he hates me now.

It's been a week now after our meeting.

"Wenna, can you set up a meeting for my team later this afternoon? I wanna discuss something."

"Okay I'll inform them." I nodded.

I've been busy with paper works. And my head is killing me right now!

"Uh ma'am? You have a call on line 1." it's Luah my office secretary.

"Okay, thanks."

I pressed the button while massaging my temple.

"Hello this is Alex speaking!"

"Why can't I reach your phone?!" the mad Baekhyun is on the line. I sighed heavily.

I looked for my phone inside my bag and it's drained. Seems like I forgot to charge it earlier.

"Sorry I wasn't able to check, the battery ran out. What can I do for you?" my voice kept calm.

"I want to see your presentation again."

What? What made you change your mind?

"That's great! I'll inform my team about it. Just tell me when--"

"No. You will present it to me. Alone."

My heart starts to beat fast.

"Uh okay sure. When are you free?"

"Now. I'm on my way." and he hung up.

As in now?

The new Baekhyun is highly unpredictable. I composed myself and prepared the materials. He wants me to do it alone and I will. I informed them about his arrival and ordered a few snacks for us.

"Ma'am Mr. Byun is outside."

"Let him in.."

I stood up to welcome him inside.

I flashed a smile. "Good day! Please have a seat." he's looking around my office. Even on my table.

My secretary came in with our food.

"Do you want me to start right away Mr. Byun?"

"Just call me Baekhyun. And yeah, you can start now."

I nodded and started my introduction. Compared on our last meeting, he looks interested this time. His eyes were either on the screen or looking at me. I ignored it and continue. Good thing, he's cooperating.

I kept glancing on him, checking if he's still listening but I caught his intense glare. He's looking at me intently, not even blinking. Is this a staring contest? I withdrew and looked at the monitor instead. I don't want to be distracted. Focus Alex, you're almost done.

"If we both agree, the launching will took place as soon as possible. The production already started after passing all the necessary clearance and procedures. The samples will be available next week and I will send you a full set so you can try it as well."

His eyes remained on mine as I finished talking. Why is he staring at me like that?

"So, what can you say about it?"

He lifted his finger and touched his lower lip.

"What did you do the whole week?"

What?

"Uh.. Just the usual. Work."

"No dinner dates?"

My forehead creased. Is he serious about what his asking?

"Yes. I don't have time.. And why are you asking?" he's still touching his lip.

"I agree. I'll be your ambassador but.... on one condition."

Baekhyun what's going on your mind right now? He could just agree or decline. What's with his condition?

"Condition? What is it?"

The corners of his mouth rose up to form a smile. He move and lean furthur close to me. And now our faces are just a few inches apart. I can feel his warm breath on me. My nose was attacked by his manly scent. Oh how I miss this!

"You'll have your dinner with me for a whole month."

I almost drop my jaw upon hearing it. Dinner with him every night for one whole month. I would love that but.. is he planning something?

"What about dinner meetings with clients?"

"I know you can work out your schedule. Am I right?" well it's true.

"Okay."

"Good. Starting tonight. I'll be the one to pick you up."

"But I have my own car.." I protested.

"Just call your company driver for that matter. I'll be leaving. See you tonight." he has a playful smile before he left. Why the sudden change Baekhyun?

"What was that?" it's Wenna. Looks like she saw what happened.

"Ah I don't know?" then my head throbbed once more. "Ouch!"

"Take this.. you've been over working yourself. Take it easy and don't compromise your health Alex." she gave me a medicine and I drank it.

"Mr. Byun is quite weird. I think he wants your attention all to himself."

"I'd like that but he changed somehow. He's always serious, I haven't seen him smile like the usual. He keeps insulting me in every possible way. Last week I almost lose my patience. And I can't open up anything about us."

"Maybe that's his way of getting even with you. We all know how hurt he is. Just have more faith... okay? I believe he still loves you, despite of everything."

That goes on my mind the whole day. I decided to go home and prepare for our dinner. I don't know his plans about this but he's Baekhyun, my love.

I wore a simple dress and a strappy sandals. I want to impress him but I don't want to go overboard. I texted him my unit's address and he said he's on his way. I waited for him at the lobby when he call that he arrived.

We greeted each other casually and he started driving. We are taking the road that leads on his apartment. I smiled. I really miss his place, it's full of our memories.

And as we walked together, the memories came flashing on my mind. Our sweet moments, heated arguments and our wonderful making love sessions. My face suddenly heated up. I remember our last was when... uh... I left him.

"Come in.." I nodded and follow.

As my eyes wander around, it's not the same as before. There were a lot changes, from the interiors down to the furnitures.

The table were perfectly set-up. With food and wine. But what caught my eye was an extra plate. There were 3 plates on the table. Is that a spare?

We're now at the table. He's not saying anything so I remained quiet as well. I was about to get the bottle of wine when the door bell rang. Who could that possibly be? Ahjumma? But it's late.

"Kyoong open the door!" the voice from outside.

Baekhyun stood up to open the door and I saw a girl. She's holding a food container on her hand.

"I brought soysauce marinated crabs. You like them right?" she said. I remember her. The one he's with the moment I saw him for the first time again.

He smiled widely and nodded. That smile. That puppy smile I miss.

"Oh you have company? Why didn't you tell me." when she eventually saw me. "Hi! I'm Mina.. Nice to meet you.. You are?" she extended her hand.

I don't want to be rude so I smile and stood up to shake her hand. "Nice meeting you too. I'm Alex!"

She nodded.

"Mina sit beside me."

"Okay!.."

Now I'm lost for words. He invited me for a dinner with someone. And that someone is a beautiful lady. Suddenly I feel like a third wheel on their date. I feel suffocated.

"Let's eat! I'm kinda hungry now." and she giggled.

Baekhyun keeps putting food on her plate.

"Hey that's enough! Alex might think I eat a lot." she added.

"No, it's okay." I simply said.

And now they are talking about their childhood days. As I've heard they grew up together. Their mother's are the best of friends. But when they reached their teenage years Mina's family moved to Seoul because of his dad's work. Now she's living a few blocks away from here.

I felt the pain in my chest. That even breathing becomes hard. I knew my eyes will soon tear up but I'm fighting it hard. I don't want them to see me crying, more like I don't want him to see me crying infront of them.

"You remember how much you cry when I said that I won't marry you infront of the marriage booth? You cried like a baby there! Hahaha!" and she keeps going. But that was my last straw. I stood up and excuse myself.

"Uh I'd like to go to the comfort room, excuse me."

They don't even mind because they continue their throwback stories. I came on my old room and sobbed quietly inside the bathroom. Tears endlessly falls on my eyes. I felt betrayed, I felt I've been cheated on and I felt like a fool. I keep on asking myself, how can I endure this pain.

Ever since we've met again, he never fails to make me feel bad. I know I'm at fault, but do I deserve to be treated like this? Is hurting me comforts him?

I looked at the mirror and see myself helplessly crying. Alex you are strong. Please don't give up. I washed my face and composed my thoughts. You can do this. Just pretend you're okay.

But as soon as I opened the door I saw Baekhyun leaning on the wall, with his hands crossed. His eyes landed on mine but I removed my gaze.

Now the table is empty, without Mina. Where did she go?

"Where's Mina?" I asked.

"She went home already..."

"Ah.. I should go too. Thanks for the dinner." I quickly grab my bag and opened the door.

But he caught my arm. "I'll drive you home." he firmly said.

"I can manage. I'll just hail a cab--"

"No!.." he took his keys and drag me out.

I removed my arm from his hold. I don't want to feel his skin on mine. I'm kinda pissed. I feel bad, knowing that Mina might be his new girlfriend or what. He looked at me dangerously before pulling me beside him. Now his arm is placed around my waist and his hand rested on my belly.

He finally remove it when we reached his car. He opened the door for me at the passenger seat. I sat properly and even put my seatbelt on. I was quiet the whole time.

"Did you cry?" he asked.

I didn't bother to answer.

Soon enough we reached my place and I got off immediately.

"Thanks for the ride--"

He pinned me on his car and leaned on me.

"Did you cry? Your eyes are puffy."

I looked away. Why will he ask the obvious?

I pushed him. "I'm tired. Please let me go." then I ran as fast as I can until I got inside my unit.

And I cried the whole night.

The next day, I was informed that I had to go overseas for a business trip. It will last for about 3 to 5 days. I immediately composed a message for him that I won't be joining him in the coming days. After that I turned off my phone. Now, it doesn't really matter to me if he'll decline my offer. After last night, I don't think I can dine with him again.

I finished all the paperworks before packing my stuff. This trip is quite a blessing for me.

That same day I boarded on the plane. And after a few hours I arrived at my destination. Singapore.

Baekhyun's POV

"Mr. Byun I would like to inform you that I won't be able to join you for dinner for the coming days. I will be in a business trip. It will take more or less than a week. To be fair on your part, you can freely decline our offer since I was the one who broke our deal. Thank you and have a nice day!"

That's her message. I tried to call her immediately but she's unreachable. Damn it!!

I want to kiss her the moment I knew that she's following me. Seriously Baekhyun? Where is your pride? I know how much I miss and love her but I won't be easy. This time. Hopefully.

"What are you doing?" I tried to be casual but her scent drives me crazy! Her sweet natural scent made me almost lose my cool. So I ended up our conversation and turned around before I ran after her.

"Oh Baekhyun, you're already here. Did you bought all on the list?" it's Ahjumma.

"Yes, well Mina helped me a lot since I'm not quite familiar. We met outside the store, her car's not in a good condition. So I offered to take her on her destination."

"That's your friend right?"

"Yeah.."

"Do you find her pretty?"

"Uh yes, I think she is."

"Even prettier than Alex?" that's when I stopped. I'm recovering myself from our unexpected reunion earlier.

Ahjumma faintly smile. "No one's prettier than your Alex right?" of course. Until now.

"I heard she's back, did you meet her?" yeah earlier.

"Deep inside I know you're still waiting for her. You won't find any other girl pretty because of her. You've been single for a long time. Don't be hard on yourself.. When the time is right I know you'll have forgiveness in your heart." Ahjumma's words pierced in my heart.

She's right. Every word she said makes sense. Because my whole system is still unto her.

Chanyeol called me, he said I have to meet someone and hear their proposal. I got curious so I agreed. He reserved at my favorite restaurant so that's a plus. I knocked at the door and came in when I saw my Alex with her bright smile.

This is a trap. I knew it.

"Why do I trust that tree?" I whispered.

I tried my very best to be rude infront of her. How can she be so casual and relaxed while I'm sweating on my seat so hard.

"I don't understand a thing." her expression slightly changed. I knew she was affected but still managed to be calm. Not until...

"You can simply told me before I proceed. So it's you who wasted both of our time here." here comes the feisty Alex.

The smile on face faded when her phone rang from that bastard. I'm breathing hard to control my anger. I cleanched my fist and looked at her intensely. Looks like my act, back fired at me.

I can hear giggles from her while talking with... Keep your cool Baekhyun.

"No need I brought my car.. Just text me your address--" that's when I stood up, losing my patience.

We argued so I took her phone and ended their nonsense call. She won't eat with that guy, not on my watch!

I ordered food until I'm satisfied. I put her phone on my pocket so she won't dare to leave. No. Not again.

That Liam already annoy me from the very start. Up until now, being named as her rumored boyfriend makes me hate him more.

She's now staring at me.

"Stop staring at me.. I'm really mad at you.. Really really mad.. love..." I've been dying to call her that. My love.. My Alex.. but we still need more time. Or is that my ego talking?

"I miss the way you eat loudly before.. Uh sorry." is that true? You miss me?

I called Sehun to ask Chanyeol's bank details. You set me up right? So, I'll pester your funds. Thanks for the food, bro.

"Charge it here. Since he's the one to book this room."

"Yes Sir. It's been settled. Thank you again and hope to see you soon."

I nodded and smile.

But then, this unfiltered mouth of mine talk shits again. That's why she won't like to have dinner with me again. Especially on what I did when we ate at my house.

I invited Mina to know how she'll react if she sees me with another girl. And seeing her puffy eyes, I knew she's hurt. She hid herself inside the bathroom so I won't see her crying. Damn stupid Baekhyun!!

"If I'm Alex, I would definitely punch your face!!" Mina said before she went home.

I sighed as I closed the door.

"Hey, you can atleast thank me for treating you the other night. I thought a group consume that amount of food. But it's just you and Alex? Do you even finish them all!!" that's Chanyeol. He probably knows what I did.

"How did you know my account? Did Sehun gave it you?" and he keeps talking.

"You're so loud! That's your fault anyway. You set us up!" I hissed.

"Can't you just be thankful? Atleast you have your time together. So, what happened?"

Might not be a good idea to tell it to someone but he's always been a good listener. Aside from the fact he has big ears. So I told him everything.

"You are damn stupid!!" and he's preaching.

"I'm not the right person to tell you what happened 4 years ago but all I know is, she doesn't deserve to be treated that way. So you should man up and apologize, try to hear her out.. okay?" then he hung up.

Why is he suddenly on her side? Like he knew her reason.. Should I really have a reason to be mad at her?

That thought kept me up all night.

-------------------

A/N:

Just a few more chaps and we're at the end of the story 😊

Hope to be with you all until the end❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 116 17
COMPLETED Park Chan Yeol is the CEO of Park enterprises. he's rich young and hot. When he met his secretary everything on him change. Byun Baekhyun...
957 30 13
Baekhyun had fallen for his best friend years ago, but when her and Chanyeol become a couple, Baekhyun must find a way to get over her. Will the new...
22.4K 1.4K 45
Byun Baekhyun was one of the well known doctors at the most renowned hospital in Seoul. He had achieved his dream of being a doctor and lived comfort...
8.5K 700 12
Read this book if you wanna see EXO Baekhyun trap himself in his own web of lies. Trying to hide his status from that cute girl he met online (aka yo...