The Country Club.

By xenongabis

Taking her fathers place at a Country Club invite, Juliana 'Julz' decides to take Mackenzie 'Mack' her flatma... More

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

Part 1

24 2 0
By xenongabis

"Are you ever going to take a break from that?"

Mackenzie looked up from the desk at Lilly in front of her relaxed out on the couch. "Lilz you know the community center is important to me. I've gotta put the time into getting it running right. You know people depend on me! I can't let 'em down."

"Mack come on! Julz can't be that tough on you?"

"Ah, it's not only her, well maybe? She's invested a lot in me doing this job, I can't let her down."

"I'm sure you won't Mack."

She sat back a moment. "Yeah, but your right I could do with a break, clear my head and all." She heard the heels coming down the stairs. She didn't even have to look up; she knew it was her Juliana. "A chance to get away from this one would be great." Juliana glimpsed at Lilly laughing. She came and stood next to Mackenzie resting her hand on her shoulder.

"Are you finally going to grace me by moving out?"

Mack looked up at her blonde roommate. "No, I'm not. But a break from you and your damn paperwork would actually make my day!" She smirked sarcastically.

Juliana laughed to herself quite smugly. "Now come on Mackenzie. We are technically in business together. You're stuck with me. Well, really I'm stuck with you." She leaned over to whisper. "You know if you moved out you could get your own room."

Mackenzie leaned into her. "I've got a better idea if you move out; I don't have to listen to you breathing all night!" Her accent came out a little too strongly.

"Hmm." Juliana stood up watching her for a second.

"Nah I'm happy to torture you for as long as I can!"

"Well can you torture me from somewhere else, please? I'm busy."

"Sure. Lilz, you seen Mrs. Finn the showers leaking again?"

"Yeah, she's in the kitchen."

"Thanks."

"Hey!" Mackenzie flinched as Juliana flicked her ear. "God that woman drives me crazy!" Mackenzie turned back to her books.

"You both drive us crazy." Lilly laughed turning back to the TV, a ball of paper bouncing off her head.

"Hey, Julz you've got some mail."

Tayla handed the envelope over the breakfast bar.

"Oh, that's right." Juliana took the envelope from her friend. "Dad rang me the other day. He wants me to take his place this weekend up at the Country Club."

"The Country Club?" Tayla questioned seeing Lilly come through the door.

"Oh, it's in Los Angeles. Just a whole bunch of daddy's friends and their wives met up for a long weekend of...random stuff." She turned the invitation over. "I don't really wanna go by myself. And I don't think its Casey's kind of thing."

"What about Mack?"

"Whaaat?" Juliana laughed looking over at Lilly.

"She needs a break."

Juliana walked around the counter laughing. "Excuse me! A whole four days stuck with Mackenzie? In Los Angeles? I don't think so."

Juliana found Mackenzie later on up in the bedroom they shared. 7 years now. On and off with Lilly and Tayla. The four of them had been together so long it was hard to think that at any time now they could all just leave.

Mackenzie didn't even look up. Juliana walked over to her bed and sat down taking her heels off. "So you have any plans this weekend?"

"No."

Juliana sat back watching her roommate reading her bike mag. "I was thinking..."

"Oh, great here we go." Mackenzie flipped a page.

Juliana got up. "I'm going to Los Angeles this weekend and I know you've been working like crazy..."

"You mean I actually finally get rid of you?"

"Do you wanna come?"

"With you?"

"Yes."

"To LA?"

"You can say no."

"Ok no."

"Mack!" Juliana sat down on the corner of her bed. Mackenzie held her eyes sighing. "Alright what are you doing in LA?"

"Attending a Country Club get-together for Dad." Mackenzie flicked over another page. "Oh come on Mackenzie! I know how hard you've been working. Four days away in Los Angeles, just come with me."

Mackenzie looked down at her mag flicking the page. She really could do with a break. She didn't really mind if it was hanging out with Juliana. Her eyes fell on the page. "If I come with you to LA to your Country Club thing..."

"Yes?"

She turned the page to show Juliana. "I wanna go to the bike show on Saturday."

Juliana looked at the page. "So you're going to come with me?"

Mackenzie pointed. Juliana shrugged ok.

"Alright." Mackenzie smiled. "Then ok I'll come to LA with you."

***

"Holy crap!"

"I know right!" Mackenzie climbed out of the limo behind Juliana onto the steps of the large White Country Club building.

"This place is amazing!"

"It's massive."

The valet met them at the door opening it for them.

"Welcome Miss Williams."

"Thank you."

"Howzat!" Mackenzie smiled nervously. The young valet laughed.

"Ma'am."

Juliana made her way up to the reception desk. "Hello. Juliana Williams and guest." The gentleman behind the desk checked for her name.

"Ah, Miss Williams. I see you are here instead of your father?"

She glimpsed over at Mackenzie sitting on the lounge couch. "I am indeed." He glimpsed over at Mackenzie.

"I take it ma'am is your partner?"

Juliana knitted her brow. "My partner?"

"Yes, Mr. Williams stated you would be bringing your partner with you."

"Oh," Juliana looked over at Mackenzie again.

"So we are booking you in for the couple's discounts I take it."

"Sorry since my father was originally coming he hasn't really informed me of what was planned for this weekend."

"Hmm," He sighed annoyingly as he reached under his desk for a pamphlet sliding over the swipe card. "Miss Williams, you will be staying in room 103." He waved over a valet. "Pierre will show you and your 'Partner' to your room."

"Thank you." Juliana turned around and signaled to Mackenzie. Mack was going to kill her.

"Your room, ma'am."

Mackenzie walked into the large room on the third floor. "Wow look at this!" Juliana walked in behind her tipping the valet as she closed the door. "This place is flash! And we've got it for the whole weekend?" Juliana smiled at her excitement. How was she going to tell her? "Juliana!"

"Crap." She walked through into the bedroom. Mackenzie stood there with her hands on her hips.

"There is another room, right? I've just missed it." She looked at Juliana pointing out the king-sized bed in the center of the room. Seeing the blonde's face change it sunk in.

"What the hell, Juliana?!" Juliana followed her back out into the lounge. "Sorry, Mack this was my father's room for him and his girlfriend." Mackenzie stepped up into the kitchen grabbing water out of the fridge.

"Um hello, I'm not your girlfriend!"

Juliana didn't say anything.

"Julz!" Mackenzie put the bottle down.

"Sorry I didn't ready read the agenda."

Mackenzie signaled for her to hand over the new pamphlet. "I knew this was too good to be true." Juliana stepped up into the kitchen taking a look over her shoulder. "Julz, this is a couple's weekend."

Juliana grabbed it out of her hand.

"I'm sure it's not all couples stuff Mack!"

Mackenzie turned and looked at her. "Seriously Julz, why did you bring me here?" Juliana looked up. "Is there something you need to tell me?"

"No!" She snorted.

"Are you gay?"

"Mackenzie!" She whacked her arm.

"Hey, if you have a crush on me you better tell me now." She moved away opening her bottle. "Mackenzie stop it! I'm dating Casey!"

"Right. So again, why am I here?" Juliana put the pamphlet down.

"Look Mack I know how hard you've been working I appreciate and admire the time you have been putting in. But..." Mackenzie looked up at her. "Mack you're my friend. I care about you. You needed a break and this came up." She moved closer. "This isn't Casey's kind of thing anyway."

"Oh, and it's mine?"

"No, but I know you. You get on with everyone; you'll find something to do. Even if it's reading a book." She sighed. "I'd have to entertain Casey." Mackenzie looked at her in mock shock.

"You mean you're not going to entertain me?"

Juliana shook her head leaning over the counter. Mackenzie sighed coming to stand by her. She swung her arm over her shoulders. "It's ok, I don't mind. It's nice just having the chance to get away, even if it's with you." She looked at Juliana. "I really do appreciate it. Thank you."

Juliana searched her face smiling. "You're welcome."

Mackenzie smiled back. She slipped her hand down Juliana's back smacking her butt as she walked around her. "I've bags the left side of the bed okay babe. I'm gonna unpack."

"So I can order anything? Anything at all?"

Mackenzie followed Juliana into the dining hall.

"Yes, it's all paid for just..." Juliana turned to look at her as the waiter approached them. "Behave."

"Miss Williams, Miss..."

"Vitale." Mackenzie smiled.

"Please let me take you to your table." Mackenzie looked around at the couples watching them. Great, they were the 'lesbian' couple. "May I offer you some drinks?"

"Sure I'll have the house chardonnay thanks. Mack?" Mackenzie looked across at her.

"Anything?"

"Anything," Juliana reassured her. Mackenzie winked. "I'll have a Rum and coke please."

"Hmm go you."

"Excuse me." Juliana looked up at the older gentleman beside her. "Juliana Williams?"

"Yes, that's me." She smiled.

"Sorry, you may not remember me as you were a wee thing." He reached out his hand. "Roberto Nowak. I am a friend of your fathers."

"Oh, yes Mr. Nowak. Ah, this is Mackenzie Vitale, my... partner." Mackenzie smiled reaching out her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Sir." His smile was warming.

"Ah, I just wanted to welcome you to the club and invite you Mackenzie to the gentlemen's evening tonight."

"Wow." Mackenzie smiled. "What is that about?"

"Well..." He smiled leaning over the table. "We sit around smoking cigars, a game of poker. You know the things our fine wives prefer us not to do." He smiled at Juliana. Mackenzie glimpsed at Julz across from her. She smiled back with a little nod.

"Sure, Mr. Nowak. Thank you."

"Ah please call me Robbie." He smiled placing his hand on her shoulder. "Gentleman's lounge 7.30."

"See you there."

"Miss Williams." He nodded before he left.

"Wow." Mackenzie was grinning.

"Welcome to the club, Miss Vitale." Juliana smiled touching her hand just as their drinks arrived. Mackenzie picked up her drink squeezing Juliana's hand.

"I think I'm going to like it here."

Mackenzie swiped the door card twice before it opened. Juliana watched her make her way through the door trying to hide the fact that she was drunk. Mack stopped in the hallway seeing her relaxed on the couch.

"Hey, good buddy!" Arms out wide smile from ear to ear.

Juliana laughed turning the TV down. "Well look at you!" She smiled getting up and heading to the kitchen. "Did you have a good time?"

Mackenzie made her way into the living area. "Oh, Julz the best!" She flopped onto the couch. "Who knew old rich guys were so much fun, ha crazy fun!" Juliana came back with a bottle of water.

"I'm glad." She smiled sitting down next to her. Mackenzie laughed.

"You know, they gave me a good ribbing about you."

"Me?"

"Yeah," She sat up a bit leaning into her. "Yeah, they were telling me about trying to set you up with their sons and you're like naahh!" She laughed. "They were like how did you win her over Mack? Pff!" She cracked up throwing her arm over Juliana's shoulder. "I was like; hey, when you've got it you've got it ya know!" She cracked herself up again! "Hoo-yeah, fun gee. Good blokes!" Her eyes fell on Julz who didn't look that impressed. She sobered up a little squeezing her shoulder. "Nah honestly I said I was very lucky and that you are the most amazing woman I know."

Juliana smiled. "Thanks." Mack noticed she was quiet.

"You alright?" She asked opening the bottle. "Sorry I haven't asked how your evening with the ladies was."

Juliana sighed. "They were more interested in you."

"Me?" Mackenzie pointed to herself. Julz moved sitting sideways on the couch. "Yeah, they wanted to know about us, as a couple, how we met. How I knew you were the one." Mackenzie swallowed her mouthful. "I was kind of put on the spot." Juliana looked at her watching her. "I kind of said that you had had a crush on me for ages and just one night out of the blue you kissed me. It all kind of happened from there." Juliana searched Mack's poker face. She was silent.

"So are you saying one kiss from me turned you gay?"

Juliana blushed. "Ah yeah, that's how it came out."

"That's how you came out." Mackenzie ribbed. "Wow! Didn't realize I was such a good kisser. Imagine that one getting out?" She noticed Juliana's slight awkwardness. "Hey." She touched her arm. "We're only playing Julz. You're dumping my ass the moment we get on the plane ok?" She got up putting the bottle back in the fridge. "Now." She leaned over the couch. "I've had it. You coming to bed my looovvver?" Juliana glanced up at her cheeky smile.

"Not yet."

"Alright night, Julz." She leaned over and kissed her softly on the forehead.

Juliana watched her go. These people all knew her father and all they wanted to talk about was Mack. Maybe she should have just brought Casey.

He was her boyfriend after all.

She smiled to herself. It was nice to see Mack happy. She didn't get to see this side of her anymore since she started at the Community Center. She had spent more time with Casey since Mack had stepped up and taken ownership. She knew that Mack had something to prove to her. But she knew her limits too. They butted heads but she needed her, she kept her grounded.

She turned the TV off and got herself really for bed. At least with Mackenzie, there were no expectations of her in the bedroom. She would have felt that with Casey. She came into the bedroom hearing Mack snoring already. Laughing to herself she slipped in next to her trying not to wake her. Switching off the bedside light she got comfortable. She felt Mackenzie roll over and her foot touched hers.

"Sweet dreams princess," Mackenzie muttered curling up next to her. Juliana felt her heart melt. "Night Mackie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 1K 40
Juliana has just moved to Mexico City with her mother and gets a job in a new barista bar. Everything seems to be going well, until two armed men sta...
3.1K 105 24
Tatum Hayes always believed that Dakota Knox had to be more than just the rebellious girl in high school. To her surprise, Dakota was always trying t...
565K 19.6K 65
[+18]* NOW COMPLETE* Back Series Book 2 Dylan's been a good boy all his life but there's this insurgent flame that has been burning inside him and it...