The Things You Do.

By siighbrat

"if the world was ending, would you cry or would you try to get me?" my works #4. previously titled Skyline. More

TTYD|SOUNDTRACK
CHARACTER LIST.
TTYD1.
TTYD2.
TTYD3.
TTYD5.
TTYD6.
TTYD7.
TTYD8.
TTYD9.
TTYD10.
TTYD11.
TTYD12.
TTYD13.
TTYD14.
TTYD15.
TTYD16.

TTYD4.

3.5K 384 236
By siighbrat

Genesis Christopher|P.

                   "EXCUSE me, Genesis, but your eight am had to cancel." Lauren, Genesis' assistant spoke walking into his office. "But wanted to know if they could reschedule for next Monday at ten am?"

"Nah, tell them thank you, but no thank you." Genesis spoke letting out a sigh and shaking his head.

"Okay sir, thank you." Lauren left his office leaving him there alone.

If there was one thing Genesis' hated it, it was his time being wasted. He would've let them reschedule, he understood that shit happens, but this was there second time canceling the day of the appointment. All it took was two times for Genesis to be done.

He was done.

"Lauren, I'm leaving now, you know what to do if you need anything." Genesis spoke, two phones in his hand.

"Yes sir." she nodded. "Have a great day."

"You too."

At just twenty three, Genesis was a successful hometown hero to Houston, Texas—where he'd been raised since he was sixteen. He originally was from The Bronx, raised by his Jamaican immigrant mother and his father, until both of his parents passed away in a double homicide, right in front of him.

In his opinion, his father got his mother killed, he got himself killed for sure—but his mother would've never been killed if it weren't for him. Jeremiah, Phantom, Christopher was deep in the streets, deep. You name it, you could probably get it from one of Jeremiah's corner boys. Weed, crack, heroine, meth—Jeremiah's boys had it.

People hated Jeremiah, he had his fair share of enemies, so it came to no surprise to Genesis when his father died, but it broke his heart when his mother did too. The drug business Jeremiah was running fell right into Genesis' lap and he took on the role, until he didn't want to anymore, in which he passed it on to his cousin. Genesis was still involved with the business, but not nearly as much.

He'd taken the dirty money and made it clean, he then invested in multiple businesses and opened several of his own, Genesis was rich and not petty money, couple hundred thousand rich, millions rich. Retire right now if he wanted to rich.

"Where you at, P?" Semaj asked Genesis as he stepped into his car, P standing for Phantom, what many called him because he looked so much like his father.

Smooth, rich skin the complexion of honey, with thick eyebrows and dark eyes. A complete baby face, with the cutest button nose, he stood tall, 6 foot 7 to be exact, with the softest 360 waves. Tattoos decorated his body, several that he dedicated to his mother.

"On the way to Irie's." he spoke scratching his head. "Why?"

"I'll meet you over there." Maj said making Genesis furrow his eyebrows.

"For what?" Genesis questioned, taking off his suit jacket and putting it in the passenger seat.

"I'll meet you over there." Semaj repeated making Genesis hang up, the conversation clearly was over.

Irie's was a drive away from his office, since his office was located in downtown Houston and Irie's was in a low income area. Irie's, Irie's Housing for Black and Single Parents, was low income housing he provided for the city of Houston. Named after his mother, Irie Christopher, he dedicated the housing to her generous soul.

Growing up, Genesis had plenty of friends who were going through it financially. It bothered him to see his people struggling so much, he decided he wanted to do something about it, at eighteen he opened Irie's and had been helping his community since then.

Knocking broke Genesis out of his thoughts as he looked over and seen Semaj standing at his window looking at him confused. Genesis opened the door and stepped out. "Fuck you thinking about?"

Genesis shrugged. "Why you had to meet me here?"

"No reason I just needed to get the fuck away from Camille ass." he groaned. "She so damn irritating got me finna start doing crack."

"Leave her alone then." Genesis told him as they walked into the office area of the housing complex.

"She got some really good pussy." Maj shared sighing. "I promise I would've left her alone a long time ago, but fat ma got me losing my mind."

While Semaj was a man of many words who loved to joke, Genesis was a man of little and often sat back and listened, he didn't play, he didn't laugh. He listened.

"Good morning, Mr. Christopher." Lori, one of the receptionist waved.

"Morning Lori." he nodded. "Everything straight around here?"

"Yes sir, just scheduling some new tours." she told him, batting her eyes slightly.

Lori thought Genesis was the finest thing walking the streets of Houston, as did many women. Genesis wasn't one to sleep around at all, he didn't like the company of women, hell he didn't like the company of anyone.

"That's good, thank you. I appreciate it." Genesis thanked her.

"No problem, if there's anything you need, let me know." she flirted and Genesis nodded walking away from the desk and further into the back.

"If there's anything you need let me know." Maj mocked batting his eyes and putting his hand to his chest. "If you want some of my pussy, here it's available."

"Nigga shut up." Genesis looked over at his friend, he couldn't help but smirk though.

"Shit is crazy." Maj shook his head. "You heard about what happened to Natalie?"

"Reem's Natalie?" Maj nodded. "Nah what happened?"

"Her ass dead." Maj said before laughing a little. "It's not funny, but the way I said it made me giggle."

"It ain't funny." Genesis agreed watching Maj continue to laugh. "You ain't shit."

"Like I'm not laughing at her being dead, but sometimes I just crack myself up." he said wiping his eyes and taking a deep sigh.

"Nigga what happened?"

"They caught her leaving the grocery store, lit her up." Maj shared making Genesis shake his head. "Nigga Reem going through it."

"That can't be good." Genesis shook his head, shit was hot in the streets right now, he hated to hear that about Natalie.

"He mad as hell off that shit, I'm like damn you this mad your side bitch died? I hope you this angry when your wife die my nigga, damn." Maj said.

"Why would you say some shit like that?" Genesis asked, Semaj played too damn much sometimes.

"Cause it confused me, I was confused." Maj responded in a duh tone. "Aye how much rent here again?"

"It depends." Genesis replied. The rent was income based, some peoples rent were as low as $250 a month others up to $800. Genesis was providing luxury living experiences for extremely cheap, but he felt like everyone deserved to live somewhere they look forward to going home to.

"On what?"

"Monthly income and apartment sizing, mostly." he told him. "Why? You got put out your shit?"

"Nigga please, I own my shit can't nobody put me out a bitch ass thing." Semaj said. Semaj too was a business owner, owning a successful restaurant named Nanabaa's.

Both men were young, black, and successful and they both enjoyed the lifestyle they lived.

••••

"Well... I just feel like you never have time for me." Dana whined as Genesis stared at her blankly.

"It's because I don't, I come over when I can, I can't be laid up under you. I ain't your nigga." Genesis told the girl. "This why I don't come over here anyway, I told you when I met you that it was what?"

The girl didn't say anything as she sat in front of Genesis on her knees, a frown etched across her face, and her arms crossed over her chest. "P that's not-"

"I told you what, Dana?" Genesis cut her off.

"It was only sex with no feelings attached." Dana mumbled, she damn near wanted to cry.

"So why you nagging me and all that when I told you exactly what it was?" he questioned. He wasn't trying to be mean, but it just annoyed him, Dana annoyed him.

"I know that's what we agreed on, but- just forget I even said anything." Dana spoke. Dana seriously liked Genesis, in fact, she was in love with Genesis.

The two had agreed on this arrangement nearly six months ago, but Dana had fell for Genesis hard. All the two did was have sex, they didn't date, there was no getting to know one another. It was sex.

To Genesis it made no sense for Dana to be in love, she didn't know anything about him. Dana couldn't explain it, she just knew the way she felt.

Dana was a beautiful twenty five year old woman with beautiful mahogany skin, a wide nose, and dark brown eyes. Her hair was loc'd, they had been since she was five, so they fell at her mid back. She was stunning.

"Can you at least get off your phone?" Dana asked as Genesis checked his ringing phone, his work phone letting him know it was important.

"I gotta go, D." Genesis stood up from the bed, his shoes still on, and stuffing his phone in his pocket.

"Oh... okay." she mumbled following him out of her bedroom. "Are you gonna come back later?"

"Probably not, no." he answered. "You cool?"

She shrugged, wanting him go if he was going to, so she could cry in peace. "Alright then." And with that, Genesis left. She stood in the doorway as he approached his white Tesla Model Y and got in.

Her feelings were extremely hurt.

••••

"What happened here?" Genesis asked Faye, the manger of Belle's FoodMart, his oldest business.

"Three people called off, so we're extremely short staffed and also trying to train new hires." Faye explained, it was September 4th, the day before Labor Day and everybody was trying to get their last minute groceries to celebrate.

"What three people? I hope not Gregory, he already on probation." Genesis spoke looking out the small window seeing the mayhem happening inside the store.

"Yes Gregory as well as Angelique and Ryan." Faye shared.

"Faye help is needed at register five." Faye's walkie talkie sounded, she sighed.

"Excuse me." Faye left and Genesis followed her out, biting down on his lip trying to figure out what he could do to help.

The only thing he could think to do was close the store down early, he wasn't going to put his employees through the holiday rush plus being short staffed. That was just unfair, at least to him it was.

"You can tell them to turn off the register lights and block off the lines. Whoever isn't in line right now, won't be getting there groceries." Genesis told Faye. "And make an announcement saying the store is closing and all customers need to get in line please."

"Yes sir." Genesis went over to the security and let them know not to let anyone else in the store.

"E-excuse me, Mr. Genesis sir." Resa, a new hire, said from behind Genesis. Genesis scared her, but all the other managers were busy and she needed help.

"Yes?" he looked up from his phone.

"I-I'm trying to do these coupons, but they're not working for me. I'm sorry to bother you, but I need help." she explained, hoping he didn't get mad her for not knowing or bothering him.

"It's fine, which register are you at?" he said putting his phone in his pocket, he followed her over to the register. A little old lady standing there with a basket full of groceries. "How you doing today ma'am?"

"I'm alright son, and yourself?" she asked.

"I'm doing okay." he responded. "Show me what you doing."

He watched Resa pick up the coupon and scan it on the surface under the register screen. "It's not doing anything."

"Yeah cause you gotta click this first." he pressed a button on the screen and then swiped the coupon, seeing the amount deduct from the total. "See."

"Ohhh, thank you." Resa said feeling stupid.

"You're welcome." Genesis stayed beside the girl, helping her bag the groceries and placing them in the ladies cart. Until she was done.

"Okay ma'am your total is $78.33." Resa told her. "Will you be paying with cash or card?"

"Frank come here." Genesis nodded his head at the security guard.

"Wassup, P?"

"Make sure she get to her car safely with her shit." Genesis said referring to the little old lady. "And help her put it in her car."

"Okay." Frank nodded as Resa handed the woman her receipt and change.

"You have a great night, ma'am." Resa told the woman, she was a sweet little girl.

"You too baby."

"Maman I'm at the front of the line now." Genesis heard a voice say as he was walking away, making him turn back around. "Well you and Grand-mère sent me here by myself to get all this stuff so don't be calling me rushing me. If y'all would've made Ashae get up and come I would be home by now."

"Hi how are you?" Resa asked as the girl started putting her groceries on the belt. Her pink locs falling over her face.

"Alright mommy, I'll call you when I get in the car." she hung up the phone letting out a huff of breath. "I'm sorry, I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm okay, thank you for asking." Resa responses, earning a nod from the girl.

"It's so busy in here, I don't blame y'all for closing early." the girl said. Genesis stood quietly beside Resa, the girl looked so familiar. Her eyes seemed like a pair hed seen somewhere before.

"Your hair is so cute, it looks so good on you." Resa complimented. "You are gorgeous, you look like a bratz doll." Resa always took the opportunity to tell someone how pretty they were, she was that type of girl.

"Aw well thank you." the girl played with the loc hanging in her face. "You're too sweet."

"Who did them?" Resa asked, carefully grabbing the pack of hamburger buns.

"My sister, Kaycee." the girl shared.

The girl looked up, locking eyes with Genesis, whose face held a serious expression, she couldn't lie he was fine. She remembered Kaycee saying his name was P and she'd never seen him before that day.

"Your total is $103.12." Resa said looking up from the register, Bliss kept her eyes trained on Genesis, who was looking right back at her. Resa looked between the two, slightly smirking. "Excuse me."

"Oh I'm sorry." Bliss spoke. "How much?"

"$103.12." Resa repeated. "Cash or card."

"I'll use my card." Bliss said reaching in her purse.

After paying, Bliss pushed the buggy right past Genesis and neither of them said a word as she walked out of the supermarket.

He let her go.

heyyyy y'all! i hope y'all enjoying all these updates im tryna give y'all one everyday.

y'all i miss toot🥲i was dead mf wrong, i can admit that.

S7: what's your least favorite zodiac sign?

y'all i hate aquarius' i have a deep hatred for them mfs.

S8: what would y'all call this chapter of your life?

mine would be young, mentally unstable, and turnt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 1.7K 16
He broke my heart. And I let him do it. (DON'T STEAL MY WORK) SEQUEL TO MY BESTFRIEND
818K 38.9K 37
i have waited lifetimes to find you.
670K 31K 50
"I found yo love when I really needed it." "So did I." #1 in URBAN-07/05/2022 #1 in WLW-25/05/2022
174K 8.1K 132
16 and not pregnant but inlove.. just read yall I'm not too good at writing descriptions. Is a completed story.