Sword Art Online: Les Loups F...

By -Luckau-

November 2022, Sword Art Online (SAO) is the first full-experience VRMMORPG to be published. Chris a young fr... More

Chapter 0: Prologue
Arc 0 Chapter 1: The beta starts! Time to discover the game
Chapter 1.5: The beta ends! Time to say goodbye until the official release
Arc 0 Chapter 2: Welcome to the World of Swords
Chapter 2.5: The Anneal Blade quest
Arc 0 Chapter 3: The Assault Team
Chapter 3.5: The first floor boss raid
Arc 1 Chapter 4: L'Alpha, The Beater and Le Commandant
Chapter 4.5: The second-floor boss raid / The Emergency meeting of the Jericho
Arc 1 Chapter 5: The Dark Elves of Lyusula
Chapter 5.5: The 1st E.I.S. Team in movement
Arc 1 Chapter 6: The Defense of Fort Drayob part 1 / I met somebody that I know
Chapter 6.5: Yuuki
Arc 1 Chapter 7: The Treasure Hunt in the Ruins (with some bombs)
Chapter 7.5: A deadly trap from the Fuscus Colossus
Arc 1 Chapiter 8: Sorry I just demolished an enemy camp.
Arc 1 Chapter 9: I'm starting to get fed up of you!
Chapter 9.5: Oh allez quoi! I hate leading!
Arc 1 Chapter 10: The girl with her familiar, the sister, the twins (our pains)
Chapter 10.5: The hunts are open: Dead to the Big Yeti! Dead to the Black Cat!
Arc 1 Chapter 11: The defense of Fort Drayob part 2 / Anyone but not her!!
Chapter 11.5: The end of the Elves War
Arc 1 Chapter 12: The 10th-Floor is here
Chapter 12.5: I count on you Koharu and Luckau's visions
Arc 1 Chapter 13: The Assault Team vs Kagachi the Samourai Lord
Chapter 13.5: Merry Chrismas or don't die
Arc 2 Chapter 14: The new worlds are waiting us
Chapter 14.5: Welp a wolf is with our team now

Chapter 8.5: A battle like no other

160 1 0
By -Luckau-

30th November 2022, 17h30 (5:30 p.m) Silent Wetlands:

Luckau is back quickly on his companions after he helped distribute the looting from the destroyed base to Lisbeth's blacksmith colleagues and with his 1st EIS Team, they are in the direction of the supposed battle war campsite of the Dark Elves.

Luckau: *Seeing his map* Hey mates, you remember where is located the base?

Kirito: It'sn't marked on the map?

Asuna: Nope, no localisation to signal.

Koharu: Maybe we must do a specific task to find them.

Chris: Perhaps, we should ask these Dark Elves where is their base right over here.

Chris points his sword at a Dark Elves squad resting from their operation.

Luckau: *Clap* Great, we will talk to them then. I speak, you shut.

Kirito: Ok

The 1st EIS Team is approaching the camping Dark Elves Squad when one of them alerts his leader of hostilities coming on them.

Dark Elf Soldier: *Out its weapon* Sergeant, hostility there!

Every Dark Elves out their weapons without knowing it's their allies.

Luckau: *Hands in the air* Wo wo, stop stop it's us Luckau and Co. Put your weapons back!

Dark Lyusula Elf Sergeant: Decline your identity!

Luckau: Luckau, Captain of the 1st Human Exploration Investigation Squad with my combatants Chris, Kirito, Asuna, and Koharu. Personal ally of the Captain Lady Kizmel.

Dark Lyusula Elf Sergeant: *Recognize its allies* Lay down your weapons!

The Dark Elves follow their leader's order.

Dark Lyusula Elf Sergeant: Sorry, that's the protocol. If you know... it's this parcel will become a war zone. And just days ago we heard that the Kales'Oh Elves have lost the Agate Key, and we don't know who has it now.

Luckau: Oh wanna know? It's us who have the key.

Dark Lyusula Elf Sergeant: Really?

Chris: Yep *Out the key*

Chris shows the Agate Key to the Elves who react with relief.

Dark Lyusula Elf Sergeant: *Reassured* Piouf, at least it's you who got it. The Commander was in a panic since we had planned to attack them and steal the key. And with your action, we cancelled our assault at the last minute and since then some squads like mine have been spread in the Wetlands waiting for orders and actions.

Chris: Sorry.

Dark Lyusula Elf Sergeant: About that, you need to see the Commander right now, since he doesn't know it's you who got it.

Luckau: Where is the base?

Dark Lyusula Elf Sergeant: Do you have a map, I will mark where is the main base.

Luckau: We have it, hold. *Giving the map*

Dark Lyusula Elf Sergeant: I have marked on your maps if you can see him now so that we prepare our next battle strategy.

Luckau: Copy, we will the Commander and Kizmel quick.

Dark Lyusula Elf Sergeant: And be careful about the monsters, they are more dangerous than usual.

Luckau: Thanks for the infos. My friends, we go! *Leaving the site with his team*

Asuna: Well well well hopefully they knew us. Imagine if they didn't know that we are allied.

Koharu: But it's scripted, it's obligated that they know us.

Luckau: Well no, they could attack us by mistake. And Kirito, Chris, when you have done it on the beta, did you both get the Agate Key before, during, or after the battle?

Chris: Between

Kirito: After.

Luckau: Ok I think we have rushed by mistake the quest.

Kirito: I think so

Koharu: So again with going to the unknown?

Asuna: Unfortunately.

Chris: Sorry about that.

Kirito: At least we will possibly do something new since we enter into a new scenario.

Asuna: I wonder what will be our responsibilities during the battle.

Luckau: Normally you have the choice between the assault, the assist, and the tactical groups. But I will not tell more, maybe the Commander and Kizmel will make the formation different.

A few minutes later...

18h15 (6:15 p.m), Dark Elves Operation Base, Commander room:

Dark Lyusula Elf Commander: Thank you for bringing us the Agate Key but next time please, try to tell us about the raid ^^.

Luckau: Yeah sorry but it was just by chance and coincidence if we were there, anyway what's the plan for tomorrow?

Dark Lyusula Elf Commander: Kizmel?

Kizmel: Yes, so my friends, *shows them the battle plan*  the situation has turned in our favour, as we attack we will be in the position of defence so I need you to choose where will be your formation.

Kirito: What will be our role?

Kizmel: You have the choice, on the back front with our trebuchets, or on the main front using our horses to attack quickly the attackers, or be in our tactical assault on sabotaging and assassinating the command chain.

Luckau: You know how to ride horses?

Kirito: A little bit, riding poney, it's the same as horses?

Luckau: Ouep just they are taller.

Asuna: Me? Yes.

Kirito: Well you should teach me then, I want to be in the main front.

Asuna: It's decided, me with Kirito on the main front with your riders.

Kizmel: Perfect, and you three?

Chris: I can use my knowledge of the medieval weapons on the battlefield so I pick the back front.

Koharu: I come with you.

Luckau: And me I watch them.

Kizmel: Alright I will take the special assault.

Chris: Can I know where are located the trebuchets?

Kizmel: I will take you to our machines. I must talk with the main engineer.

Chris: Cool *Rubs his hands with glee*

Kizmel: And Asuna, I understand you know how to ride horses.

Asuna: Exactly, I practised for almost 10 years, until recently. I just need some time to adapt to your horses and I will be ready.

Kizmel: Alright, then my Commander, they are ready to fight.

Dark Lyusula Elf Commander: Very well, I will continue to tell you what will be our plan.

The Dark Elf Commander begins to explain the plan to the players.

Dark Lyusula Elf Commander: So tomorrow we continue to restock our weapons and food rations. At the same time, we continue to spy on our enemies. Normally they will attack in 2 days so after the resupplies I want you to be trained strongly, especially on the defense. The battle could last for days or even weeks so you need to be prepared.

Luckau: With all the respect I have for you, with us, this battle will end at the end of the weekend.

Dark Lyusula Elf Commander: Really? Don't underestimate our enemies.

Luckau: Don't worry, I already experienced this kind of battle, it was far different than the horses and trebuchets, but I already ended battle quicker than expected.

Dark Lyusula Elf Commander: I trust you then, but stay careful.

Luckau: I know Commander.

Koharu: *Interrupts them* Sorry but just like that, do we sleep outside?

Luckau: Yep like in all wars. But for us, we will not be in the main front so we will be in a calmer zone, it will be for Kizmel, Kirito, and Asuna where it will be hard to rest.

Kirito: Don't worry about me I know what to do if it's the same as camping.

Asuna: Well I don't know camping so, you teach me how to do that and I teach you how to ride a horse.

Kirito: *Smiles to her* Deal.

Chris: Be careful when you will rest outside. You will need to be extremely vigilant.

Kirito: Ok.

Koharu: What about the execution plan of the defence?

Kizmel: About that, we don't know the strategy to adapt since we haven't finished spying on them but we are used to that. So we are prepared for any kind of scenario.

Luckau: Ok, we are ready my Commander, Kizmel.

Dark Lyusula Elf Commander: Alright, well you can take your positions. Kizmel if you can escort them.

Kizmel: Yes my commander. My friends if you can follow me.

*All leaving the command room*

19h30 (7:30 p.m), High Hill Wetlands:

The Team arrives on the hill where are positioned the trebuchets and canons accompanied by surprises, some elves archers.

Luckau: I didn't know that you placed some canon with archers.

Kizmel: Me too, but it seems like they know more about the enemies than me. Hey, can I know who decided to install the canons there?

Dark Lyusula Elf Archer: It's me, Captain, I received just minutes ago the reports from Merja and the Kales'Oh and Fallen Elves will be in this flank.

Kizmel: Great, but don't forget to inform the Commander, anyway, I present to you, Luckau Chris Koharu Asuna and Kirito our fellow human allies.

Dark Lyusula Elf Archer: Nice to meet you, you can call me Neryl.

Kizmel: If you can explain to Chris Luckau and Koharu about using the canons and the trebuchets, Kirito and Asuna will be in the main area.

Neryl: At your orders, Kizmel.

Kizmel: Kirito, Asuna, follow me, please.

Asuna: Okay, come Kirito.

Kirito: *Focused on the trebuchet's mechanisms* It's impressive to see the trebuchets like that..., oh yeah I arrive.

Neryl: Ok, well what do you need to know?

Luckau: Well everything since we are newbies to use that.

Neryl: Ok so this machine is called...

1 hour later...

Neryl: ... and this one, it will be for the 4th enemy wave. Any questions?

Luckau and Koharu are mentally exhausted and collapsed after Neryl hasn't stopped talking. Mainly talks for nothing but Chris continues to listen to him since he likes history.

Chris: (☆▽☆) Ok, I see, can I try these?

Neryl: Oh for the catapults you can, the trebuchets ones you can't. Remember to load the rock before activating the mechanism.

Chris: Alright. *Tap-tap* *tap-tap* Hey, Luckau Koharu wakes up.

Luckau: Ohhhhh tell me it's over... (x_x)

Koharu: I can't accumulate his knowledge anymore... he talks so much... ( ╯□╰ )

Chris: Well help me to roll that rock I'll try these catapults

Luckau: Oh finalement, c'est l'heure d'essayer oh purée..., wake up Koharu.

Koharu: Iejfjejejr *_*

Chris: Leave her, Koharu.exe stopped working.

Luckau helps Chris to roll the big rock which is surprisingly easy to move to the trebuchet.

Luckau: It's lightly that shit. Is our strength who is enough for that or it's something else?

Chris: Isn't you the game dev? You should know it.

Luckau: Ok ta geule.

The two catapults are loaded and ready to be triggered.

Chris: Neryl, it's ready.

Neryl: Ok let me see if no one is around just to avoid friendly casualties... *observing the field* gentlemen, you can activate the catapults.

Luckau: Attention! *Mechanism activated* *Rock projected*

*Rock destruction*

Neryl: And they landed as expected in the targeted area.

Chris: Ouais!

Neryl: Ok it's done, the test is conclusive thank for that, and Chris you can take this box? Kizmel needs this, after that, you can do your stuff on your side until we start the fight in 2 days.

Chris: Sure.

Luckau: Finally it's over, let's go back to our friends. We should have eaten earlier and slept now! Koharu wakes up.

Koharu: Buybuhzjej X_X

Chris: Still glitched... aïe aïe aïe... *tense smile* Luckau, you can carry her?

Luckau: La flemme, do it, I will carry the box.

Chris: Ok... hang on me Koharu.

Koharu hangs on Chris's back and when she is on him, Chris carries her back to the main campsite.

21h00 (9:00 p.m) Dark Elves Campsite dining tent:

All the team is reunited around a table, enjoying the dinner they have together and discussing the next days...

Kirito: Hey Luckau, can you tell me what's this notif? *Shows him the message*

Luckau: Show me, oh that, yeah, the system wants to know if we want to be part of this war. If it's a yes, automatically we will be moved to a « special instance » in which we can't go back to be with the rest of the players. We will be completely isolated from each other. Only you and us with the Lyusula Elves, against the Kales'Oh-Fallen Elves Alliance.

Asuna: What about if we say no?

Luckau: Well we can't continue the quest but we can until we say yes, grinding exploring anyway doing the usual stuff.

Koharu: So technically you force us to do the war?

Luckau: Oui

The girls stare at Luckau with a suspicious look.

Luckau: ¯\_('o')_/¯ Ben quoi? Why are you looking at me like that?

Chris: Anyway, we are sufficiently equipped and ready for this war so...

Luckau: You sure Chris?

Chris: Oui

Luckau: Vraiment?

Chris: Oui, oui

Luckau: Kirito, girls, let me talk to him in French.

Koharu: At least we can learn more about the French.

*Conversation in French*

Luckau: Chris, look at me. Tell me honestly, do you want to do it or not?

Chris: Oui bordel!

Luckau: Nah, because we're going to be stationed outside helping Kirito and Asuna who will be on the main battlefield while we are little artillery. Okay, it's not the violence of WW1 or 2, nor the urban and modern wars or the guerilla war we got in France of the last 5 years, but the "medieval" elven wars are just as brutal as our wars. Well, I remind you of the problems that you face because of your autism. Increased fatigue, overwork, uncontrollable mood swings, maximum anxiety, inattention to certain situations, mental blackout, and above all the fucking depression. SO CHRIS, READY TO RISK YOURSELF TO GOING FOR THE WAR?! *With a scary expression*

Chris: *Respond calmly* I know what the risks are for me, and then I'll tell you frankly Jean-Luc. If I wanted, I would have already put an end to my life in view of the shit that I'm in no we are in, but you have always been there for me, when I was on the bottom rock you were here for me, so I continue, yes I agree to continue the war!

Chris gives a punch to Luckau to confirm his decision

*Luckau falls*

Kirito/Asuna/Koharu: Chris!

Luckau: It's okay. Aïe ma dent... How you are penalized for that aggression?

Chris: Because I think the system knows too much of us.

2 days later...

2nd December 2022, 6h00 (6:00 a.m), Floor 6 Silent Wetlands Battlefield:

After accepting the notification system, the players are now on a special instance to win the war against the elves' enemies. The atmosphere on the floor is nervous, after the 1st EIS trained with the Dark Elves and resupplied them yesterday but every effort made could be in vain.

Kirito and Asuna's POV:

Kirito: Commander? You give us the signal to attack?

Dark Lyusula Elf Commander: Affirmative Kirito. When I will whistle we will rush with our horses toward the attackers.

Asuna: And how we will inform the support group to attack at this distance?

Dark Lyusula Elf Commander: It's simple you have in your inventory, the lightning smoke bombs, use them to signal the support group to throw the rocks and explosives on the targeted area.

Asuna: Oh I see but why do we have 3 kinds of smoke bombs?

Dark Lyusula Elf Commander: It's for the different weapons support to be thrown, the yellow is for the normal attack, the simple rocks; the orange is for the explosive attack, and the catapult will throw barrels full of explosives that the support team has crafted before the battle, and the last one the red smoke bomb is for the incendiary attack, the catapults will throw pots stuffed with lava but this one is very dangerous since it can be spread too much from the initial target, so we must be very far away of that kind of attack.

Asuna: 😰 Piouf, very barbaric as attacks.

Kirito: And it's a fantasy medieval war, imagine if we were in the old world wars... For some players is not enough to have this kind of battle during the beta, and for some, it was too much since it's too violent and gore. So Asuna, be very careful, you could be traumatized by the potential gore we could fate later...

Asuna: I'm aware of that, but with you, I will endure that challenge.

Kirito: Alright then. *fist-bump*

Meanwhile on the hills...

Chris, Koharu, and Luckau's POV:

Chris: *Sitting on the grass observing the view* It's long..., when the battle will start?

Neryl: When we will hear the signal., everything is in place?

Koharu: Yeah, the stock of munitions is placed as you wanted.

Neryl: Perfect then, but where is Luckau?

Luckau: I'm here sorry, I sent a message to a player if she could help us with this battle.

Koharu: She? But wait! Didn't you say that we will be isolated from the rest of the players?

Luckau: Yep but she advanced quickly on the War quest and she is doing the same battle but from the other side, she accepted the rogue quest, so she will betray the Kales'Oh-Fallen Alliance for us.

Chris: Is it a GoT plot or what?

Koharu: Looks like it's the case. But I hope that the player will be fine. I don't wanna hear that we killed him or her accidentally.

Chris: I laugh in pain if that happens. *Loud sound of war* Anyway, looks like they started.

Kirito and Asuna's POV:

*On their horses*

Asuna: You are ready?

Kirito: Yes I'm ready.

*Loud sound of war*

Dark Lyusula Elf Commander:*Whistles* Riders! The battle begins, and our comrades begin the defence, assist them and protect them from our enemies enough time for Kizmel and her squad to sabotage their operation on the secret front. *Gives the signal with its sword* Forward! Charged!

*Warcry* *Multiple riders in movement*

All the Dark Elves riders including Kirito and Asuna move forward to the attackers. Kirito is still struggling to manage his horse correctly and is slowed, while Asuna is already piercing 3 of the Forest-Fallen Elves in her way like skewers with her [Wind Fleuret] +10 Rapier

Asuna: *Stabilize her rapier* Argh, I hope my weapon will not be damaged. Normally it's not the purpose to transform people as skewers with that. I should let Luckau do that.

Kirito: I'm here, need some help?

Asuna: Yeah use me a yellow smoke bomb, they begin to be a lot.

Kirito: Alright, *explosion smoke* done. Now we get out of here.

Kirito uses a yellow smoke bomb in the sky, and the support officer Neryl, Chris, and the rest see the smoke bomb.

Chris, Koharu and Luckau POV:

Neryl: *Sees the smoke* Someone needs support, long-range, loads the rocks on the trebuchets, moves to the right angle 5 degrees, power of shooting 80%.

The Dark Elf Support Unit and Luckau's team are loading the trebuchets with the rocks and setting the shot.

Chris: *Weapon loaded* Prêt à tirer!

Neryl: Now!

All the loaded trebuchets launch the rocks on the targeted area which landed with a clinical strike on the enemies.

Chris: *Sees the impacts* En plein dans le mille!

Neryl: Perfect, reposition the trebuchets.

Koharu: It's very impressive to do that.

Kirito and Asuna POV:

Kirito and Asuna see together the rocks crushing the enemy in front of them and continue to beat back them

Kirito: *Looks at the damage done* Woah right in the target. Asuna, do you want us to go on our right or on our left?

Asuna: Let's go on our right, look on our map, there is no one defending there.

Kirito: Oh yeah, you're right let's go hiya!

*Riding faster*

Kirito moved with Asuna on the undefended position still on their respective horses and continued to neutralize the threats on the main fronts

Kirito: *Avoid any collision with the allies* Woah, the Dark Elves begin to be in our way.

Asuna: But not where we go, I don't know what is here but we should go there. And you know what Kizmel could do in her own front?

Kirito: If I remember correctly we should receive a message from her by her war birds about the enemy position, how many they are etc.

Kizmel POV:

Kizmel and her large squad take a detour on the marshland to attack the Alliance in ambush from behind.

Kizmel: *Moves slowly* Be careful where you walk. A bad move and you fall in the marsh.

Kizmel squad members: Affirmative Captain.

Dark Lyusula Elf soldier 1: Captain, you think how many enemies are stationed here?

Kizmel: From our contacts, there should be 2 reserve regiments of Forest Elves here, normally we have the choice of killing them or making them prisoners. It will depend on the situation of comrades and friends.

Dark Lyusula Elf soldier 2: *Stops moving* Enemy spotted.

Kizmel: Who can neutralize him?

Dark Lyusula Elf Archer: I can shoot from here.

Kizmel: Well, shoot him on his leg, I will tie him. I want him alive.

Dark Lyusula Elf Archer: Copy. *Prepares her bow and arrows*

Kizmel: Wait for my hand signal before you shoot.

Kizmel approaches carefully the lone Forest Elf when close to him giving the signal to her Archer to shoot.

*Hand signal* *Arrow thrown* *Target hit*

Lone Forest Kales'Oh Elf: Agh!

Kizmel: *Cover his mouth* *Shuh* Don't talk you already lost.

Minutes later...

Kizmel: Now, Kales'Oh, you will tell me about your plan.

Forest Kales'Oh Elf prisoner: You think, I will tell you something?

Kizmel: *Put her sword close to his throat* It's better for you if you confess right now. We will not hurt you, except I can play with you and we can eliminate your friends at the same time. Now talk.

Forest Kales'Oh Elf prisoner:...

Kizmel: I see you are quite very young to be engaged in the war. People like you should be at home enjoying life.

Forest Lyusula Elf prisoner: It's the Chancellor who began to enrol the young elves in the army. I didn't even volunteer to be in the Army, but since the King was sick, the Chancellor made the war pact with the Fallen Elves, they enrolled everyone in the Army and sent them immediately to the battlefield.

Kizmel: It's better for you to reveal all the info that you got, we could spare your friends if we can.

Forest Kales'Oh Elf prisoner: R-Really?

Kizmel: As I said if we could.

Forest Kales'Oh Elf prisoner: Ok I will tell you everything that I know...

Kizmel: My squad, sends a bird to our units to inform them about the situation.

Many hours later...

18h00 (6:00 p.m), High Hill Wetlands:

Luckau, Chris and Koharu POV:

12 hours have passed since the beginning of the battle. The support unit is solicited very often and they succeed in executing the orders asked.

Chris: OMG, I'm beginning to be exhausted, with all the tasks needed. 

Luckau: It's been almost 12 hours since we are in the battle and seems like it will not calm down in the following hours.

Koharu: I don't wanna imagine the rest of the soldiers and Kirito and Asuna on the main front.

Neryl: *Sees another smoke* Another yellow smoke. Bring the explosive barrels! We will send a barrage of explosives.

Chris: We do that.

Luckau: Loaded!

Koharu: Neryl!

Neryl: Let me check again if we can shoot..., ok shoot with intervals of 5 seconds!

*Consecutive throw of barrels*

The catapults throw the explosives barrels on the area but it's very close to where are Kirito and Asuna right now.

Asuna and Kirito POV:

*Close Explosion*

Kirito: Woah! Asuna get down!

*Another close explosion*

Asuna: Agh! *Falls from her horse* *fragment burst*

Kirito: Asuna! *Gets down from his horse to inspect her security*

Asuna: I'm alright lost HP from the fall and from fragments, some but dammit that was closed.

Kirito: Up behind me, we go back to a dark elves unit.

*Both ride up again on the remaining horse*

Asuna sits behind Kirito on his war horse and they move back to a more safe area secured by the allies.

Kirito: I don't what happened but it came from our support.

Asuna: What, did they make a mistake by targeting us?

Kirito: I don't know, normally after all, we shouldn't be here but back on the 3rd line front to rest.

Asuna: But we succeeded in stealing a lot of provisions in their hideout so at least our movement is a success.

Kirito: Yeah, they will suffer maybe 2 weeks of battle, maybe we push back them in less than a week. Look we arrive on the 3rd line.

Kirito and Asuna arrive in a safe area, on the 3rd line controlled by the Dark Elves.

Kirito: Hey guys!

Dark Lyusula Elf sergeant: Oh it's you; where were you?

Kirito: We bring you provisions that we have stolen from the Forest-Fallen Elves.

Dark Lyusula Elf sergeant: It's excellent that. I was sure that we could count on you.

Asuna: What do we do now?

Dark Lyusula Elf sergeant: For now, you stay and rest here. Look at you Asuna, every soldier of the 1st line and main front must rest until the next after days. It will be the second line units that will be in the first front. Do you remember how to install a personal camp?

Asuna: Yes we remember.

Dark Lyusula Elf sergeant: Perfect, well do that and later you could eat with us when our cook has done it.

Kirito: Ok and me I will send a memo to our friends because they almost killed us.

Kirito to Luckau:

Hey Luckau, I am sending you this message to inform you that I and Asuna were almost hit by the barrels of explosives coming from you. So be careful next time.

*Message send*

Meanwhile...

Chris, Koharu and Luckau POV:

Luckau: Hey Neryl, I received a message from Kirito. He told me that one of our attacks almost hit him and Asuna.

Neryl: Really? That's the 3rd time that our soldiers are targeted by us.

Luckau: What is the issue?

Neryl: *Sigh* Someone has bad sets in his catapult.

Chris: *Tries a deduction* What if someone has infiltrated our rank?

Neryl: No I don't think so, I have known every member well for years.

Koharu: It's a serious issue if this incident continues to happen.

Neryl: Yeah I know, anyway, we have done for today. I will inform the Commander about that, but as for us, we must rest at the base. The night team will take the relay. For us, we take our tasks again precisely the next night at 21h00 (9:00 p.m.).

Koharu: Alright, well hope our friends and Kizmel are in security where they are resting.

Chris: Normally Kirito and Asuna are safe since the 3rd line is protected by a huge platoon of guards.

Luckau: Maybe but for now the defense is a great success. They will have no choice but to surrender in this battle if they continue to do that kind of approach. They lost so much force because of us *laughs* oh bordel, I shouldn't laugh about that. It's still warfare war in Europe unfortunately... (and my war, I still have some PTSD).

Meanwhile...

21h30 (9:30 p.m), Advanced Dark Elves Camp:

Kirito and Asuna POV:

The camp installed by Kirito and Asuna is ready. It's composed of a huge tent with 2 simple beds and a table with chairs, and inside the tent, there is a box to store their equipment.

Kirito: ...And done. *exhausted* Geez, it's time to rest.

Asuna: Yep but before that tada! *Plate put on the table*

Kirito: Woah, Asuna you're the best.

Asuna: Hehe with that meal, I'm now on level 15 of the 200 of the cooking system.

Kirito: Congrats.

Asuna: I wonder how Luckau manages the cooking.

Kirito: Normally he is still level 0 so it's only the [Flame-Roasted Toast].

Asuna: Yep, it's easy to do that, 10 toasts and you're on level 1. Anyway, let's eat.

Kirito/Asuna: Itadakimasu!

22h00 (10:00 p.m):

After finishing eating, the duo goes back to the tent and sleeps before the next battle day. Kirito asks a question to Asuna before sleeping.

Kirito: *Leaned and looked at her* Hey, Asuna, I always wondered since that day, you talked again with her? It will be soon a month since we began the game so...

Asuna:... No, I still haven't talked to her again.

Kirito: Why? Wasn't she a friend of yours in your high school?

Asuna: Yes... *still frustrated* but I haven't forgotten that day, she left me alone in the Horunka Forest do you remember? If you weren't here to grind in the Forest to try your newly Anneal Blade with the assistance of Luck'... I should have been dead since that day!

Kirito: I know, but she apologized to you after what she has done. And I saw her, the day when we paid a tribute to Diavel and I saw that she tried to speak to you but you ignored her.

Asuna: Listen... it's hard to speak to someone who destroyed the trust of the other, especially her best friend. We promised together that she and I wouldn't turn our back on each other and in the end she did it. I don't ever want to see her again do you get it?

Kirito: Ok-ok, Asuna, sorry about that question.

Asuna: But Kirito, promise me that you will not leave me alone. You and Luckau were here at the moment when I needed someone the most. Luckau is not here but only you so dare me to leave me alone ok? I need you.

Kirito: Promised! I swear that I will not leave you. *Does the promise gesture with his finger with her*

Asuna: Thank you.

Kirito: We should sleep now. Tomorrow is an important day.

Asuna: Yeah, you're right. Good night Kirito.

Kirito: Have a good night Asuna.

Meanwhile...

While everyone is sleeping, Kizmel and her squad capture one by one the Forest elves without casualties in the dark while surrounding a camp where her nemesis Kysala is probably there.

Kizmel POV:

Kizmel: And that's the 29th.

Dark Lyusula Elf soldier: Captain, we are in a position to attack the camp.

Kizmel: Alright do it.

*Grenade thrown*

A dark elf throws a grenade in the direction of the closed gate which opens the door.

Kizmel: ATTACK!

22 Dark Elves attack the occupied camp controlled by the Forest and Fallen Elves they are totally surprised and unprepared to protect themselves from the Dark Elves. Kizmel goes to the command tent to find all the documents to counterattack the next attack and possibly confront Kysala.

Kizmel: Hum, no one here...

With no one in the commanding tent, Kizmel loses no time scavenging to find possible plans to win the war. However, someone is hiding in the dark waiting for the opportunity to attack her.

*Slash* *Dodges the hit*

Kizmel avoids the blade hitting the table which she counters immediately by cutting the spectre and revealing the position of Kysala on the opposite of the table.

Kysala: Looks like you made it here.

Kizmel: You!

Kysala: Hello Kizmel, how are you?

Kizmel: Kysala, I always wonder why you did that to us.

Kysala: I have my reasons and my comrades have their own. Your Queen shouldn't have taken the power. It should have been her brother, with him in the command of the Kingdom and restore the great glory to the Lyusulas.

Kizmel: You know exactly that our powers corrupt and lead the Lyusulas in almost an entire genocide on our proper race.

Kysala: No, it was the balance that we needed me and my brother was on the top of the nobles, and we were respected by everyone. Even from your family, until your sister intervened.

Kizmel: You and your family were corrupted and wanted to eliminate all the weak of this world. My sister has done what everyone should have done the day when you and your brother acceded to the High Order.

Kysala: And with that, you caused a mass exile of half of the population and the waning of the influence and the power of the Lyusulas. I have never forgotten your sister, even when I killed her. I still have my grudge against your family and you are the next. You are lucky that the Human race is now back in action. They were in retreat for centuries and for weeks there was a squad that helped you to beat the Kales'Ohs. More reason to kill you Kizmel. *Deploys her weapon*

Kizmel: So you really that? *Deploys her weapon too* Ok then, but you will regret it, you shouldn't have ever done that.

Both of the women deploy their weapons waiting for the other to attack first and have the advantage of the defense. Kysala throws a smoke grenade before jumping on the table and attacking her however Kizmel jumps backwards outside the smoke and the tent to have more space for the battle.

Kysala: Come here!

*Slash* *Counter slash*

Kizmel: I will not lose this one.

At the same the women fight, the Dark Elves continue to capture the Forest Elves even the Fallen ones and avoid Kysala to be concentrated as some Dark Elves attack her too even though she kills them quickly.

Kysala: Not even your proper squad can't help you.

*Slash* not even you, take that! *Block* Shit!

Kizmel: Die!

*Stab*

Kysala: Agh! *Cough* Even if we lost this decisive battle. My infiltrate agents will kill your friends from the inside...

Kysala is stabbed with Kizmel's sword and she shouts in pain before she disappears into the shadows. But expulse Kizmel with the blow of her exit.

Dark Lyusula Elf soldier: Captain.

Kizmel: I'm alright thanks.

Dark Lyusula Elf soldier: Is she gone? Anyway, the camp is secured everyone has been captured or eliminated as you wanted.

Kizmel: Good to hear but I don't know but she told me that there are probably saboteurs in our army. We should tell the Commander about that. We did a good job here. The victory is assured but confirmed if we discover who are the possible intruders in our ranks. Maybe we don't have their military plans but at least we have prisoners that could leak us the key information needed...

The next day...

3rd December 2022, 14h45 ( 2:45 p.m), High Hill Wetlands:

The moral of the Dark Elves is at its best after the defeat of the 1st enemy wave and the sabotage of the Kizmel squad on an important camp belonging to them. However, For the possible last day of the battle, the Forest and Fallen Elves are making a suicide attack on all the fronts...

Chris, Luckau and Koharu POV:

Neryl: Prepare the explosive, they begin to beat a lot.

Chris: Ok we are ready to shoot.

Neryl: Fire!

*Multiple barrels are thrown at the same time*

All the available catapults and trebuchets shoot at the enemy but hit mainly the Dark Elves.

Chris: Neryl, that's not good, it's our allies hit!

Neryl: WTF was that? *Impaled* *fragment burst*

Koharu: What...

Luckau: *Alerted* FALLEN ELVES! BEHIND US!

Koharu: Neryl is dead!

Luckau: No time to lose we must kill and avoid them to take more control of the artillery. Or all of our efforts will be wasted. Chris, behind the rocks, and use your bow to cover us.

Chris: Ok mais they are too many for us. 20aines of Forest and Fallen Elves there!

Luckau: Putain de merde where are the others?!

Koharu: I texted a message to Kirito, normally he should be coming ASAP.

Chris: *Agitated* Yeah but if can speed up it would be nice. We are getting surrounded and we can't do anything.

Fallen Elf Attacker: It's time to release the poison!

Koharu: Poison?

Luckau: *Knows what will happen next* À terre! Get down!

*Explosion*

Chris: *Cough* *cough* Poison attack! *Cough* *cough* Merde! I can't breathe! *Cough* *cough* *cough*

Koharu: *Has more difficulty to breath* *Cough* Help me, Chris! Luckau! *Cough*

Luckau: Drink this!

Luckau gives the antidote to Koharu and Chris who drink it and are reducing the effect of the poison. However, Luckau is very affected by that since he hasn't drunk it in time and collapsed.

Chris: *Collapse* Luckau! Merde! *Blurred sight* My vision... even with the antidote I can't stabilize my bow... *collapse*

Koharu: No way, Chris, Luckau, stay awake, I can't deal with them alone! *Begins to tremble*

Chris collapses and leaves Koharu alone facing the Fallen Elves approaching very dangerously to her and her friend when a girl with dyed purple hair saves the trio with a very unusual weapon.

*Large slash* *multiple fragment burst*

???: Are you alright, Koharu?

Koharu: You... I know you!

Chris who wakes up recognizes the player who saved him Luckau and Koharu.

Chris: Mi...Mito is that you?

Mito: Yes Chris it's me.

Koharu: I know you were part of Kibaou's squad during the 1st raid and the second one.

Mito: What happened here?

Chris: Ambushed Fallen Elves, poison Luckau down...

Luckau: Speak correctly Chris *cough* *cough*, oh salut Mito.

Mito: Sorry for the late but Wendelin needed me.

Luckau: So you are ready to work with us?

Mito: Yeah, Wandelin gave me permission since he was degraded of his rank.

Luckau: Perfect *cough* *cough* oh putain le poison is destroying me.

Mito: You alright?

Chris: Me yes. Koharu watches Luckau.

Koharu: Yes *helps Luckau to drink the antidote*

Chris: And Mito, you can help me kill the Fallen Elves left behind us.

7 Fallen Elves are standing in front of the players with a lot of rages.

Fallen Elf: Prepare to die!

Mito: *Scythe deployed* Not on my watch.

Mito is one of the unique players who has in her main weapon a scythe instead of the 8 starter weapons.

Chris: You're ready to kick their ass?

Mito: On your signal.

Chris: Now!

Chris and Mito attack the last enemies in their way with their skills [Scatter Slash] for his sword and her Scythe, they take no time to cut the Fallen Elves in Half.

*Multiple fragment burst*

Chris: Clear! *Puts back his sword*

Kirito and Asuna arrive at their turn to see how well are their friends until Asuna sees Mito.

Kirito: We are here!

Koharu: Kirito, Asuna.

Kirito: You alright?

Koharu: We are alright besides Luckau who is seriously poisoned.

Kirito: Hey you, it's you... Mito.

Mito: Hello Kirito, ...Asuna...

Asuna: Mito...

Asuna becomes angry and points her Rapier at Mito

Asuna: *Raise her voice* What are you doing here Mito?!

Koharu: You know her?

Kirito: Unfortunately long story...

Luckau: For you, Koharu, I will let Chris explain what I told him last night about Mito.

Chris: OK, Koharu this tall girl facing Asuna who is targeting her is Mito. Mito and Asuna know each other very well since they have frequented the same High School for months possibly years and they were very friendly. Asuna was one of her rare friends because Mito is a girl who loves playing video games and embraces the geek culture. On a high school reserved for girls, it was bad perception, Mito introduced Asuna to video games and even at SAO. Normally, Asuna should have played at SAO later and not on day one since the Nervegear was mainly for his brother not for her, but you know what happened on day one. 

Koharu: Trap in the game

Chris: Exactly! She sticks with Mito for a few days, learning how to play and fight, how to survive, etc. until that day when the girls adventure on the Horunka Forest... To simplify, Asuna almost died from the hoard of Nephentes because Mito left her alone in danger of death. Hopefully, Kirito was in the Forest at the same time to train with his Anneal Blade with Luckau on the back, otherwise, we would never know Asuna from the 1st raid reunion to today. Et voilà.

Luckau: You forgot to say, that the same night Mito tried to excuse what she had done but she didn't really forgive her completely after that problem.

Asuna: Exactly very explained Chris. 😡

Koharu: Woah I don't what to say... 

Asuna: If you are here to excuse me again I don't need it.

Luckau: Mito is not here but for me and for us, Mito?

Mito: *Justifies her actions* Luckau asked me to help him with his secret to help General Wendelin and the Forest Elves, since for now among all the players, I'm the only one who chose the Forest Elves' side and who is very advanced on the Elves' War Campaign. And I was on the same instance as you for this war and Wendelin told me to help Luckau for him later.

Luckau: Yep, it will be on the next floor where I'm supposed to help the Forest Elf General. Maybe to do a coup d'état I don't know so until the War ends completely, Mito will join our Party.

Asuna: You serious Luckau?! After what she did?! It's-it's out of the question that I team with her!

Luckau: I know that you are so angry towards her but she is crucial to our mission if we want to continue the progression of the Aincraid.

Asuna: But... ok... but only until the end of the campaign after that, she can fuck off.

Luckau: Deal!

Asuna: *Retrieves her rapier* I need to walk away since we have done here. *Runs away*

Kirito/Koharu: Asuna...

Asuna leaves the hills precipitately after learning that with a lot of frustrations and some tears...

Luckau: You should comfort her Kirito, she needs someone.

Kirito: I go...

Kirito joins Asuna when the rest of the Team sees that to finish the battle, all the Dark Elves use all their red smoke bombs.

Luckau: Looks like it's the end... *cough* *cough*

A few Dark Elves who rested on the Support front arrived waiting for orders.

Dark Lyusula Elf support soldier: Hey Humans! Where is Neryl?

Chris: Neryl is dead. It's Luckau who is in command now.

Dark Lyusula Elf support soldier: Luckau what do we do?

Luckau: Let's finish them, load the trebuchet with the lava pots. Looks like we have won this battle... *ugh* my head...

Dark Lyusula Elf support soldier: Roger!

Mito: What I do Luckau?

Luckau: Help Chris and Koharu with the pots, I will prepare the sets to fire correctly.

Mito: Ok.

Chris, Koharu, and Mito with the left Dark Elves Support prepare all the possible Lava pots and shoot at the remaining enemy force.

The remaining Forest and Fallen Elves attackers suffer from the full brunt of the lava burning them alive with some surrender hours later. The Team hears the horn sound of victory.

Dark Lyusula Elf support: We won yeah!!!

Luckau: Some are going on the retreat, others are dying here, others renounce to fight, excellent.

Chris: We won? Oh bordel enfin 😩 *collasped*

Koharu: My god these 2 days were intense... *collapsed*

Luckau: Allez guys, stand up, we must report to Kizmel the Commander and we can go home and prepare the 6th-floor raid.

Chris: Let me rest Luckkkkkkk.

Luckau: Bon ok 5 minutes pas plus rohhhhhh.

Mito:...

Luckau: Mito, I know that it's hard for you two, but it's the only solution that I have in mind. Don't worry, I will try my best to reconcile you two.

Mito: Thank you.

À suivre...

Fin du chapitre/ End of the Chapter:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Beater By Kat

Fanfiction

44.7K 1.5K 40
KiritoxReader SAO Your father is the Co-CEO of a successful gaming company that specialises in vrmmorpg and is helping develop SAO. You were a beta...
2.8K 116 14
Kasumi is trapped in the virtual world of Sword Art Online with thousands of other players, and along with Kirito fights to survive in a virtual real...
61.4K 2.2K 15
With Kirito beating Heathcliff, a.k.a Kayaba Akihiko (who was also Ume's uncle), everyone was released from the game. But alas, that isn't where the...
163 8 5
DISCLAIMER I do not own Sword Art Online, nor the characters in it. Very few are original characters. This is to be non profit, solely for entertainm...