Tragedy of the Fallen Angel

By RandomNon3859

Welcome to a pokémon fanfic about Giratina. This will involve canon lore, mixed with the anime, the Arceus mo... More

Chapter 1 - Imprisonment
Chapter 2 - Spirit's Madness
Chapter 4 - Prelude to Cataclysm
Chapter 5 - Cataclysm
Epilogue - Awakening

Chapter 3 - The Renegade

540 14 2
By RandomNon3859

'Renegade, we've come to ask you to let us out of this dimension and close it from the outside world.'

The Legendary Pokémon looked at Uxie and replied with a cold statement.

'Sure thing. Once you convince me to.'

Uxie had known the potential risks to summoning the Renegade, but it didn't care enough back then. It did now, as the shadowy Pokémon seemed to be in high demand.

'Don't get me wrong, I don't care about taking your lives or anything. All I want is... entertainment. I was enjoying the battle that would soon take place, but my, it seems I've gotten in the way. Please, enjoy yourselves.'

Uxie was perplexed. There was no way of going back to the tension that was installed before because a new one had arrived.

'My apologies, but you've broken that entertainment yourself.'

'Seems like it. Well, I suppose I can humor myself with your attempts at defeating me.'

A large amount of energy gathered at the Pokémon's mouth in a second. It fired a powerful beam towards the people in the platform in front of him.

The group quickly ran away, either to the edge of the platform, to other footholds or straight up flying on their Pokémon.

'Amuse me, foolish humans who enslave other species.'

Even though it wouldn't open its eyes, Uxie glanced at the Renegade in confusion. It knew the one who could be called the Omega, the end of all, was holding back.

It wondered if it merely did everything it did for fun. If it had been banished for "having fun", what acts had it done beforehand?

No matter. Right now, they would have to fight the Renegade hard enough for It to be content. Uxie wondered it if was possible or if they were already dead, but it didn't question for long.

Purugly. Skuntank. Toxicroak. Honchkrow. Garchomp. Pikachu. Piplup. Gliscor. Staraptor. Croagunk. Uxie. Mesprit. Azelf. For one battle, all of these would be together, fighting against the counterpart to the Original One.

And so, a 13 VS 1 began.

The Renegade Pokémon gave the others the first strike. It expected the Lake Guardians to be a threat, but it also wanted to see which ones were a "problem" to deal with.

With a Dragon Rush from the Garchomp, a Bubble Beam from the Piplup, a Thunderbolt from the Pikachu, a Night Slash from the Honchkrow and the Skuntank, a Shadow Claw from the Purugly, a Faint Attack from the Toxicroak, a Poison Jab from the Croagunk, an Aerial Ace from Staraptor, an X-Scissor from Gliscor, it learned a lot. The Trio of Spirit set up a triple Future Sight to deal a lot of damage.

First off, they packed far more of a punch than It anticipated. However, three times zero is still zero.

In response, the Pokémon prepared another beam. However, this one was made to occupy a lot more area so most would get hit, even if they didn't take much damage.

To Its surprise, Its opponents used their own moves to protect themselves. The Garchomp proved to be extraordinarily durable by blocking with Dragon Rush, with the people in the suits' Pokémon afterwards in resilience. Still, the enemies remained strong.

'Ah, how interesting. Your ways of fighting are a pleasant surprise to watch. But it's not enough!'

A swift blow with Its tail threw the many Pokémon into different platforms. The Lake Guardians held out. After all, one minute remained.

The Original One's sibling began moving, swiftly dodging all of the attacks that would come its way. As it prepared to fire another beam, a powerful psychic attack rained from above.

The Future Sight was here, and just in time. It exploded the built-up energy in Its mouth and entered it altogether. To their dismay, however, the creature remained in its spot.

'Bravo! You have caught me by surprise! Now that's impressive.'

Uxie was completely lost inside its mind. The knowledge in its possession, while not much when talking about the Renegade, was enough to state it was an unrivaled menace to the world.

Yet here It was, joking around like nothing was going on, as if this was some tea party. It wasn't even truly trying to kill them.

Mesprit was completely lost inside its mind. It had always believed the Renegade would be hateful beyond belief of the world for sealing It away. After all, it would make sense.

Yet here It was, the only feeling behind those red eyes being an unimaginable sorrow even it couldn't grasp.

Azelf was completely lost inside its mind. It had thought the Renegade would lash out and attempt to destroy the world with unshaken resolve.

Yet here It was, its resolve fighting against its desire. Did it want to destroy the world? Or something else?

The Pokémon wasn't done though.

'Though you lot have come into my realm uninvited. I cannot let you leave unpunished.'

The Lake Guardians moved to protect the humans, but they were no match for the Omega Pokémon. They got easily brushed aside.

'How delightful. Each of you has one Pokémon out. Perfect to claim your toll for invading my dimension.'

Its tentacle wings began moving, lining themselves up with the many weakened fighters. All except for the Honchkrow. After all, It had dragged Cyrus into the Distortion World, he had not arrived of his own free volition.

As the tentacles lined up, the spikes on their tips began glowing a bright red. Then, they stretched out, stopping just before their targets.

For the humans had moved in front of them to block the incoming attack.

'Ah, the wonders of human care! How selfless! How brave! Truly an astounding show! You have entertained me for long enough.'

With that, a mystical power came from its eyes. Behind them, a portal arose, and the old one in the Spear Pillar was closed. Cyrus tried to leave with everyone, until a red spike was pointed at his neck.

'Where do you think you're going? I didn't drag you here for you to leave me alone, my friend.'

The three people in the strange uniform voiced their complains.

"We can't leave Master Cyrus here!"

"Yeah, let him come back!"

"Can't you just step in again?!"

'... Very well. But remember these two things, human. First, this world is not for you to end. It is for me. For I am Giratina, the Omega, the Final One. Second, your dream is unattainable for you. Spirit, the very thing you seek to destroy, resides within you. That Knowledge, that Willpower and that Emotion of fear I brought forth are proof you're in the way of your perfect world. Your perfect world cannot have you in it.'

Most of them left. Most. The Renegade had kept the Lake Guardians stuck in its dimension for an unknown reason.

'You three, I want to merely speak.'

'What do you want?'

Azelf was the first one to speak up, even though it was scared of the entity in front of them.

'Let It talk.'

Uxie voiced its disagreement. This could be what was missing from Its knowledge.

'I agree.'

Mesprit could feel the immense despair behind the Pokémon, and with no other entities around, it couldn't divert its focus.

'Fine.'

'Thank you. I just want to have a talk with you before you leave this wretched prison, hopefully forever.'

The Trio remained silent.

'I cannot lie to you, it seems. You see through my intentions, even if only partially. I never wanted to harm you guys. I didn't want to leave that portal up there distorting and tearing the fabric of reality apart.'

The three were perplexed. Uxie was having many core beliefs it took for facts crushed, Mesprit was drowning in the Renegade's sorrow and Azelf couldn't sense the will to lie. Neither could he sense the will to keep going, as if It wanted to end Its existence.

'I have one request of you.'

Three Shadow Balls appeared.

'Get hit by these.'

'Why are you being so nice? Asking us to get hit and not just going for it? Are you trying to break truly free from the Distortion World by fooling us?'

'Azelf, I'm sure you can tell if I have such intentions or not.'

'Where will we arrive? And why would we get hit?'

'In Sendoff Spring, just like the rest. That place is about as unstable as the Spear Pillar. And for the simple reason that the Renegade must remain a menace.'

'Do you even want to live with all of that sadness within you?! Why are you trying to play the villain if you just wanted to save the world?!'

'Mesprit, because that's how it must be. For I am Giratina, It who must exist yet cannot be present. For I am Giratina, cursed to be alone till the end of time. For I am Giratina, the forsaken Pokémon.'

The Beings of Spirit were in utter disbelief, but Uxie regained its composure rather quickly.

'So you must be the one everyone despises. Very well. Fire Azelf's Shadow Ball at me too.'

'What?! Uxie! You can't do this!'

'I'm the least emotional out of the three of us and also the one with best defensive capabilities. You're also the one with worst protection.'

'But-'

'I know I'll be heavily damaged. However, those humans are just outside. I'll be fine.'

'So are you three ready?'

'I don't want this, but I know you'll be fine, Uxie.'

'Thanks, Mesprit. One more thing, Renegade. Can we rely on you if tragedy strikes again?'

'I won't do anything I'm not necessary for. I'll also have to answer to someone's calling if they're specifically looking for me, but I can assure you I won't go all out. Just like I did with that man called Volo back then.'

'Thank you, kindly.'

'It is I who must thank you. Not everyone would be willing to help the one Pokémon banished to this hellish plane. Get ready.'

The Shadow Balls were fired, and a portal appeared. Uxie and Mesprit were knocked into the lake on the other side while Azelf quickly chased after them.

The Renegade finally took a breath in that nothingness. Part of It wanted to have kept Its despair a secret, but the Lake Guardians were astute enough to pick up on it. More good will come from this than otherwise.

And so it kept watching, its gaze now upon the Trio of Legendary Pokémon it had just sent out with a vow of silence.

1678 Words

A/N

And done! I'll probably finish this story off in the next one-two chapters, but it's been insanely fun writing this and I still have the Final Arc to write. I can promise you the showdown is coming and I can't wait to write the ending.

What would you guys like to see next? I've been thinking of writing something with Red and the other protagonists that don't show up in the anime getting erased from history to make room for Ash and the story of how they came back, but I have very and I mean very few ideas so I don't think I could make this work. Let me know what you think.

That's about it. See ya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 29 21
***This is Book Two of the Journey of Legends Trilogy*** Now having saved the remaining Legends of Kanto and Johto, Mewtwo, Chronic and I head to Hoe...
42.8K 1.2K 32
2015 version will be in the book called "Shadow Series" if you were in the process of reading it before the story changed to the new version STORY 1...
85.8K 2.1K 46
What will happen when the balance to light and darkness break off. The Lord of the pokemon world incarnate in the world to fix the issues. The go on...
13.5K 131 35
A Danganronpa x My Hero Academia x Pokemon Legends Arceus crossover fanfiction where Chiaki has a little sister with a powerful Quirk yet she has no...