Something I Never Had ❤ (Liam...

By GwenBookAddict

Little did I know, the day I caught that bus, The day I sat next to the boy with the happy smile... everythin... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
READER COMP
Chapter 23

Chapter Twenty Four

28.7K 625 117
By GwenBookAddict

*3 Months later*

“I hate you.” Kayla said, rolling her eyes. “Why do we even have to go to this stupid dance anyway?”

I smiled. “Because it’ll be fun.”

“It won’t be fun. It’ll be boring. We already have to spend enough time with the losers in our class as is. Why spend extra time with them?”

“They’re not that bad.”

“NOT THAT BAD?!?!” Kayla practically screamed. Some shoppers glanced our way and began to walk away hurriedly. “That Violet chick dose everything she can to make your life a living nightmare!”

“She probably has … issues at home.”

“That’s no excuse.” Kayla said briskly.

“Kay…”

“What? It makes me mad that she treats you the way she does.”

“She dosen’t even-“

“She treats you like crap, Leilah. Don’t lie to me.”

I just shook my head. “So what kind of dress do you want?”

“I don’t want any type of dress.” She retorted.

“I meant, what type of dress would you prefer?”

“I can’t be pink. Can’t have ruffles. Can’t be girly.. . can’t be too long. Can’t be-“

“Okay. Okay.” I said, holding my hand up. “I’ll pick the dress.”

And I did pick the dress. One for me too. Mine was knee length, a pale pink, with tassels under it, giving it a bit of shape. Kayla’s was the complete opposite. She’d picked a black no-fuss dress, that was strapless and simple. All in all, I guess we were pretty happy with our choices.

Kayla was even swinging her bag as we left the shopping centre, whistling. To be honest, I was thrilled. I couldn’t wait for the dance. Liam was going to be there. Well, at least that’s what he’d promised. He would remember… right? It seemed like ages since I’d seen him. Him or Jerome. I felt a pang of guilt. During the first couple of weeks I’d been seriously angry at Jerome. He’d tried to contact me, through any means necessary. After a while he just gave up trying. He stopped all together, and we hadn’t spoken since. Looking back on it now, I realise how petty I’d been. I mean, who would pick school over their career?

He was a lot more famous now, His picture everywhere, plastered on countless billboards. His newest and first album, One Last Time, had recently made it to eleven on the top one hundred. It was rumoured that he was going to do a duet with Usher.

Not that I was keeping tabs on him or anything.

.

.

.

“Honey, How’d you go?” Mum asked, looking up from the carrots she was shopping. “Kayla, did you get anything you liked?”

Kayla shrugged. “I don’t like it, But I suppose it isn’t hideous.”

Mum smiled. “I’m glad. Leilah, Jerome rang for you while you were out.”

Time slowed. “What?”

“Jerome rang for you. He was wondering if you still wanted him to accompany you to the formal. I said you’d ring back.”

I swallowed. Shit. I’d forgotten all about that.

“I thought Leilah was going with Liam.” Kayla said, frowning.

“That’s what I told him.” Mum stopped chopping for a moment to study me. “He sounded a bit sad when he heard that.”

“Uh..” Was all I could say.

“So then I told him that Kayla didn’t have a date-“

“Helen!” Kayla said.

Mum smiled bashfully. “I like playing matchmaker. Back to the story, So he said that he’d love to be Kayla’s date.” She winked at Kayla. “I think he’s got a thing for you.”

“Oh God!” Kayla said. “Does this mean I have to like, dance with him? Ugh! Gross!”

I wasn’t really paying attention to her. “So what did you say next?” I asked Mum.

“Well.” She contuined. “I told him that Kayla would love to go with him-“

“I would not!”

“- And so he asked for the details.”

“And..?”

“And I gave them to him. He sounded very happy at the end of the conversation.”

She smiled at Kayla. “Make sure you wear lipstick.”

“Oh my god!” Kayla said.

“Mum!” I said, shocked.

“What?” she said with a smile.

I rolled my eyes. “Never mind.”

.

.

.

“I cannot believe it.” Kayla said. “I swear, you’re mum is so embarrassing.”

I didn’t say anything.

“And as if Jerome would like me! He spends half his time drooling over you!”

That got my attention. I stopped walking and stared at her. “What?”

She smirked. “Oh come on. As if you haven’t noticed. He’s like one of those little dogs that follow their owners around… panting.”

“So what you’re saying, is that he follows me around panting?”

She reddened slightly. “Not exactly.. I mean, he dosen’t pant.. but..”

“He dosen’t like me.” I said firmly.

“How do you know?” Kayla said.

“Because if he liked me, he’d tell me. He’s honest like that.”

“He probably wouldn’t tell you.”

“Entertain me. Why not?”

“Because he’s scared of A, losing you’re friendship or B, Being friend-zoned.”

“Being friend zoned? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.”

“That’s what guys are afraid of.” Kayla said knowingly. “They hate being friend zoned.”

I looked at her closely. “And how would you know, Miss- Ew- Boys-Have-Germs?”

She reddened slightly and didn’t say anything.

Suddenly I was really curious. Was there something about Kayla I didn’t know? Did something happen between her and one of the boys? “Kayla.” I said slowly. “What aren’t you telling me?”

She stared straight ahead. “I’ve told you everything about me, Lei, You know that.”

“Really?”

“I might have neglected some parts.” She said slowly. “But those are the boring parts.”

“Mhmm.” I said wisely.

“You wouldn’t have been interested.”

“I think I would have.”

“No! You wouldn’t.” she said firmly.

I smiled knowingly. “If you say so.”

There was something big she wasn’t telling me.

And I was determined to find out.

.

.

.

.

Cliffe!

Y’all just got cliffed!

Ha ha! Sorry for the long update. I was kind of on Hiatus. For like, ever.

Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed the chapter!

X Gwen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

955K 58.7K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
459K 7.1K 81
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.2M 53.6K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.6K 60 15
Its about this girl named selena and she meets a VERY HOT guy named blake but what it.comes down to blake is a vampire and you will have to read and...